Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

Oct 09, 2012

Co-owners of Belaire are receiving emails and phone calls from people who are saying they are from the Advocacy Team. They are people from Belaire asking for $1500.00 . Another scam do not send money.

Gerry B.
Oct 24, 2012

From Hovik: I have got no response as well.

Hovhannes A.

Last edited by hovhannesa on Oct 24, 2012 02:36 PM

Oct 24, 2012

No it's not related to the old Playa del Sol Grand now called Belair also

Claude S.
Oct 25, 2012

I have sent an email to Mr Cruz asking him if this Advocacy Team is part of the class action suit. I will post the results as soon as I hear from him. As of this moment I condiser this Advocacy Team a scam and will do nothing until I hear from the lawyer

Henry P.
Oct 25, 2012

henryp45 wrote:
I have sent an email to Mr Cruz asking him if this Advocacy Team is part of the class action suit. I will post the results as soon as I hear from him. As of this moment I condiser this Advocacy Team a scam and will do nothing until I hear from the lawyer

Just received a very quick response from Mr. Cruz "This is a scam."

Henry P.
Oct 26, 2012

This is a scam.no doubt about it

Richard K.
Oct 27, 2012

I had a gut feeling that this is another scam. Chalk this up as another chapter of the never ending Belaire nightmare.

George P.
Oct 28, 2012

I'm curious how your class action suit is progressing? I too was taken by these crooks, however, I have hired my own Lawyer to pursue this matter. According to my Lawyer a court date was set for last September but the Belair Lawyers were not prepared and asked for an extension. I believe the court fined them some trivial amount and granted them an extension until this Nov. There was some other issue as my original contract was with Belaire and now they are operating as Hotel U. There is a communication issue between myself and my Lawyer as I do not speak Spanish and my Lawyer's English is not the best. As such, I'm not too sure what this issue is but my Lawyer assures me that he has this matter taken care of. I, as I'm sure most of you are looking forward to having this nightmare behind us and these crooks being forced into returning our hard earned money.

Kevin K.
Oct 29, 2012

If you're fortunate enough to recover any monies, we all want to know that maybe there's still hope. 5 yrs. is a long wait. The offer of the Vallarta Gardens at $250 for 2 nites and they pay for the other 5 is suspect, have any VIP "victims" bought into that one? They are still trying to get more of our money - sounds too good to be true, just like the original pitch.

Melva P.
Nov 02, 2012

We just got a call this morning from someone claiming to be Mike Stevens (claims he too was a former investor who got his money back) w/the Mexico Advocacy Team saying that the Belaire and Playa del Sol properties that are involved in this mess have been attached and all members info has been collected by this advocacy team of 25 and Anthony is on the run.

He gave me a phone No. he claims he is in Jalisco/Guadalaja 011-5233-4170-3525. He claims the attnys involved can get back a percentage of what we paid w/punitive damages of 15% for each year they have held your money.

I asked for the attnys name - he gave me the name of Stephano Gomez. He said he would e-mail me a confidentially agreement so that the attnys could translate our contract from English to Spanish and file this claim.

He said that there are 1700 investors that have been scammed. I asked him if there would be a fee for services and he said $1500 if your suit was under $100,000.

Sounds pretty fishy to me... Has anyone else received e-mails w/agreement docs from this guy? Sounds like a request for good money after bad. They had our phone no., address, e-mail info and even the amount we had invested.

How do you check this stuff out????

LyDIA G.
Nov 02, 2012

This is a scam as well.DONOT give them any money.

Richard K.
Nov 02, 2012

If you are paying on a contract simply stop. What can they do?

George P.
Nov 21, 2012

I have a friend that just returned from PV. They stayed at Velas which is right next to Belaire/U Hotel. She said that there is very little activity, just the usual guard and another hombre that just appeared once in a while. No resturant and she did not see any escalator or elevator. Some of the glass has been removed. Nothing else seems to be happening. They are also victims of this scam.

Lois J.
Dec 18, 2012

We are Canadians scammed by Belair AKA "U". How can we join this class action?

Joan I.
Dec 18, 2012

loraineandgerry@shaw.ca for class action

joan659 wrote:
We are Canadians scammed by Belair AKA "U". How can we join this class action?

Gerry B.
Dec 19, 2012

Class Action email loraineandgerry@shaw.ca

Gerry B.
Dec 20, 2012

How can I join the suit? Thanks!

Mel H.
Jan 22, 2013

The vida vacations was created to force owners in to upgrade, every time you attend a members update, they find a problem about your current contract and thats why :

A ) YOU CANT GET IN B ) YOU DONT GET A RENTAL CHECK C ) DONT HAVE A REAL STATE ATTACHEMENT

If you read on your contract cover page clausule number 5 it sais that:

5.-I understand that Company and/or its affiliates have developed (and may develop in the future) other resort brands, real state developments, entertainment venues, tourist attractions and/or other developments, alone or in conjunction with independent companies. This contract relates only to the resort identified in Recital IV of the contract , obligates only the Company that is a party to the contract and does not confer on Member any rights with respect to any such other developments. The contract does not impose on such affiliates or on any independent companies (or their affiliates) any obligation to Member. I hereby confirm that no representations or promises have been made to me with respect to any such other developments and my decision to enter into this contract has not been induced or influence in any way by any expectations regarding any such developments.

In other words, you purchase a contract ( Mayan Palace, Grand Mayan; Grand Luxxe, Etc) but you are only tittle to that it doesnt matter if you have a real state ademdum, becouse MAYAN ISLAND IS A INDEPENDENT COMPANY THAT THE ONE YOU PURCHASE FROM. Even the new Santuario (Santuary) if the company wants to charge you for attendint their shows...they can do it.

If any vida vacation owner is interested in getting 100% of the money back i can help you do it, i work directly with The Registry Collection and The Mexican Federal Goverment. The Only Thing that i will need its your permision to proceed and attached another "lie to" member in the Law Suit Hold Agaings Vida Vacations.

No money is neccesary, no cost or obligation to any person.

Ivan C.
Jan 23, 2013

I contacted PROFECO over 2 years ago in attempt to recover my losses with Belaire. This Mexican agency that was created to protect the consumer is a complete joke and embarrassment! It is sad to say, that all is true about the corruption in Mexico. I have attached the final correspondence for all others to read. This comes after the 5th scheduled meeting with Belaire/Hotel U staff in which they didn't show up. The only action now is to pursue the Mexican courts in a Class Action Suit against these fraudulent criminals.

Regarding your complaint against RESORTS INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION, S DE RL DE CV, we would like to inform you that during the last hearing, the legal representative of the company did not appear. For this reason, suppliers were fined for not appearing even though they were notified properly; the amount of the fine was for the amount of $12,000 pesos. In this regard, we would like to inform you that this authority does not collect the fines, since it is a faculty of the local authorities where each provider is located.

We want to inform you that since the conciliation procedure has reached its limit and the company has not appeared to the hearings in which they were notified, your file was closed as a concluded matter and your rights were left intact in case you decide to take the matter before the Mexican Tribunals, the above in accordance with the article 116 of the Federal Consumer Protection.

Thanks,

Jorge Pérez ESQ.

Department of Conciliation

Services for Foreign Residents

Paul C.
Feb 13, 2013

I'm currently in Mazatlan and have met with my Lawyer regarding my case with Belaire/Hotel U. My Lawyer advised me that Belaire/Hotel U did not attend either of the two PROFECO hearings and were fined 20,000 pesos each time. To the best of my knowledge, PROFECO has no ability to enforce these fines and they go unpaid. Apparently, the legal process requires that you proceed through PROFECO first before the court system will hear your case. My Lawyer advised me that my documents are currently with the translator being translated from English to Spanish. Once again a requirement necessary to be presented to the Mexican Court system. At least that this what I'm being informed by my Lawyer. These documents are to be presented to the courts next month. To the best of my knowledge, in Mexico the Lawyer you hire presses both civil and criminal charges. Criminal action is not undertaken by the Crown here in Mexico. Yesterday I was contacted by email by an organization claiming to be "Juridico Providencia Fraud Investigation Unit of Mexico". When I Googled this name it came back blank. They had my email address, the legal names of both my wife and I as well as my cell phone number. Their email was followed up the next day by a phone call. They claim they are an arm of the Federal Government and that they raided Hotel U and obtained boxes of documents with many of the existing contracts. They go onto say that for $1,500.00 they will collect your funds paid to the developer. They went on to advise me that PROFECO does not have the ability to impose fines and that English documents do not require translation into Spanish in order to be presented to the court system. I find both of these statements very difficult to swallow. I plan on visiting the PROFECO office tomorrow here in Mazatlan to determine if they do or do not have the ability to impose fines and I will confirm the translation part as well. I believe it is very safe to assume that this Juridico Providenia Fraud Investigation Unit of Mexico is yet another arm of Hotel U. How else would they have access to all my personal information? Based on what I hear from PRFECO tomorrow I will meet with my Lawyer once again to clarify any discrepancies. I'm still curious how the class action suit is proceeding? Anybody have any accurate details on this matter?

Kevin K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.