Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

Apr 04, 2013

How can we join the class action lawsuit?

Gloria S.
Apr 04, 2013

Here is the lawyer's contact info:

Rodrigo Cruz Perez rodrigo.cruz.perez@gmail.com

S F.
Apr 04, 2013

I have all documents ready to send to Rodrigo Cruz. However can not find a single website or anything on Internet in regards to their office. Can you please clarify? I just want to relate his name to the organization since he will be helping us with our case.

Hovhannes A.
Apr 04, 2013

Just received a call from a person saying he is a volunteer with a law firm, larkin and larkin. Says they don't want any money, just $1700 for court costs. Apparently there are lots of people out there that want us to contribute to their slush fund. Anyone else been contacted by this group?

Ron S.
Apr 04, 2013

I have been contacted by Larken &Larken as well. They indicated they wanted me to sign papers and $1650 and send to them as they been advised by the Mexican Judge that I have been awarded $43000. When I said I would do better than that and send my personal lawyer to drop of papers and pick up settlement (asked for address and time to do so), they stopped responding. My own reputable Lawyer licensed to practise in Mexico and Canada advised he has no knowledge of such a firm. Obviously another scam.

rons463 wrote:
Just received a call from a person saying he is a volunteer with a law firm, larkin and larkin. Says they don't want any money, just $1700 for court costs. Apparently there are lots of people out there that want us to contribute to their slush fund. Anyone else been contacted by this group?

Gary H.
Apr 04, 2013

They are very busy today - I also just received a call. I'm so tired of these scammers!!

S F.
Apr 04, 2013

Does anyone use the TUG Timeshare users group? They sill use Belaire in their web page. I have complained to them before about promoting this scam on their web sight.

George P.
Apr 04, 2013

Try googling the law firm.

Anthony A.
Apr 05, 2013

We are being deluged by calls all representing them selves as "volunteers" working to get our money. I have been unable to reach anyone in mexico or the US that can give me the name of an official organization or individual that can give us unbiased information on what the hell is going on. The American Consulate in Guadalajara is impossible to reach. Our Congressional Representative's office is no help. Am trying the consumer fraud people here in Arizona. Does anyone have any suggestions?

With all these "free" attorneys and "volunteers" calling us something IS going on. But who yo call? When I said I would pay the court fees out of the the proceeds I was told that was impossible. Please let me know if ANYONE got $$$. tsquare1@earthlink.net

Richard C.
Apr 05, 2013

When are these scammers going to stop.They probably figure if they get one sucker a day it's worth it

Richard K.
Apr 05, 2013

I too have been contacted by the so called volunteers wanting to relieve of more of my money. Not a chance. I fed exed my papers to Rodriguez and they signed for them to join the class action suit. No money involved.

Doug H.
Apr 05, 2013

I have been following this topic for about 5 years and have visited the Bel Aire site and have taken the "tour" but did not buy in. A close friend did buy in about 7 years ago. I posted a message here a few weeks ago and received a unpleasent reply because I stated that no one will ever receive a penny of their money back. If I am wrong, I will be happy. But just try to imagine where the money will come from? These scammers will not leave cash in a bank where it could be taken and released to people who have bought in. The money is gone. At the most, maybe the property and physical inventory (show room, appliances, etc) could be sold to provide some money, but I would expect that these scammers also owe money to contractors who have supplied the building materials that are on site. And Lawyers will want a cut. Probably a big cut. I can not say it loud enough....do not give any money to anyone who contacts you cold with a story about getting money after paying legal fees, or anything else. It is a scam. I will be in Puerto Vallarta for 5 weeks starting week after next. I read at one of these posts that the Lawyer working the class action process has an office at Paradise Mall. I will be staying at Paradise Village and will see if there is such an office and if so, ask some questions and see if I can get a feel for how legit this is. Meanwhile, keep your money, please. If you have any info you can supply me or want any specific questions asked, email me at halthesweep@peoplepc.com.......Hal

Hal H.
Apr 05, 2013

I agree even if you win there will be no money. There is just to much corruption there. If you want to hurt Mexico let their tourist industry know why you won't be back. Your tourist dollars support these scam artists.

George P.
Apr 05, 2013

If you obtain any sort of a positive feeling once you visit the lawyer's office can you let me know. Thanks Hartmang@shaw.ca

halh17 wrote:
I have been following this topic for about 5 years and have visited the Bel Aire site and have taken the "tour" but did not buy in. A close friend did buy in about 7 years ago. I posted a message here a few weeks ago and received a unpleasent reply because I stated that no one will ever receive a penny of their money back. If I am wrong, I will be happy. But just try to imagine where the money will come from? These scammers will not leave cash in a bank where it could be taken and released to people who have bought in. The money is gone. At the most, maybe the property and physical inventory (show room, appliances, etc) could be sold to provide some money, but I would expect that these scammers also owe money to contractors who have supplied the building materials that are on site. And Lawyers will want a cut. Probably a big cut. I can not say it loud enough....do not give any money to anyone who contacts you cold with a story about getting money after paying legal fees, or anything else. It is a scam. I will be in Puerto Vallarta for 5 weeks starting week after next. I read at one of these posts that the Lawyer working the class action process has an office at Paradise Mall. I will be staying at Paradise Village and will see if there is such an office and if so, ask some questions and see if I can get a feel for how legit this is. Meanwhile, keep your money, please. If you have any info you can supply me or want any specific questions asked, email me at halthesweep@peoplepc.com.......Hal

Gary H.
Apr 06, 2013

The only way to be able to deduct the monies lost in this scam from our income tax(US citizens) is to prove this was a scam.if we get a judgement from a court in Mexico and not get pd we then can deduct this from our income tax.this came from my accountant. As for trying to determine if rodrigo is legit, we met with him and are confident He is legit.The office in Paradise Village is not in his name.he used this office for convenience because so many of us in the suit were in that area. I guess I don't know why anyone who is not involved in this and lost money would even be involved in this conversation

Richard K.
Apr 06, 2013

We want to get on board with this law suit. I have emailed Rodrigo, but have not heard anything yet from him. Any further ideas to contact him?

richard211 wrote:
The only way to be able to deduct the monies lost in this scam from our income tax(US citizens) is to prove this was a scam.if we get a judgement from a court in Mexico and not get pd we then can deduct this from our income tax.this came from my accountant. As for trying to determine if rodrigo is legit, we met with him and are confident He is legit.The office in Paradise Village is not in his name.he used this office for convenience because so many of us in the suit were in that area. I guess I don't know why anyone who is not involved in this and lost money would even be involved in this conversation

Mara R.
Apr 10, 2013

halh17, I too would like to know if you found out anything of substance. We own at Paradise Village, so the next time we visit I will definitely look up Mr. Perez. In the mean time, I continue to question my judgement and loath the people who have stolen so much from us. Thank you for taking the time to look into this. slforbeck@olin.com

S F.
Apr 10, 2013

Has anyone been contacted by a law firm of Larkin & Larkin in Mexico City?

George P.
Apr 10, 2013

Many people have.its a scam

Richard K.
Apr 10, 2013

He is usually good about getting back to people.if you don't hear from him in a few days send another email.

Richard K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.