Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

Apr 11, 2013

Yes. Larken and Larken indicated they had a received approval from Mexican Government to return my money, but indicated I needed to sign papers and return them first, then pay $1600 for escrow costs and fees before the money would be released from the government. When I said I would send my personal Mexican Lawyer over with the information they (sent 5 times) would not reply. My lawyer indicated he has never heard of them and release of funds would not work this way either. Obviously another scam.

Gary H.
Apr 11, 2013

Thanks for the info on Larkin and Larkin. From the background noise I suspected a boiler room operation. Pretty noisy for a law office.

George P.
Apr 12, 2013

I was called by Larkin and Larkin I told him he was just another scammer that I had got all my money back from the belaire fiasco and to take a hike, then I hung up. The next night they called again giving their bull story about how they know I was scammed ,$28,000 and how they are working with the judge to get my money back. I played along since the hang up didnt work, asking all sorts of question, then I asked him why when I told them yesterday that I already got all my money back why they still called me, and that I know he is just a scammer, and hung up again. I got all my money back from BMO master card. I wont print it all again but it is all in this thread about a year ago. Rena Penticton, Canada

georgep209 wrote:
Thanks for the info on Larkin and Larkin. From the background noise I suspected a boiler room operation. Pretty noisy for a law office.

Rena T.
Apr 12, 2013

I am following this for a friend who bought in to the Bel Air about 6 years ago. At the time, I was skeptical after he told me about the buy in and all the perks and advantages. Sounded to good to be true. Turns out it was. He has decided to just take the loss but I am following this forum to see if there is any hope of any kind of return of money. I doubt it. I will be at Paradise Village week after next and would like to contact the lawyer who is mentioned in these postings. One posting said he had an office at Paradise Mall and then another posting said that it wasn't his office but he was using it. So how do I contact him in person? Is he in Puerto Vallarta? Does anyone have an address? A phone number? Any help will be appreciated. I will update what I can find out on this thread. Thanks...halthesweep@peoplepc.com

Hal H.
Apr 13, 2013

His name is rodrigo Cruz Perez Address Paseo royal country No 4650 Torre zapopan piso 6 Franc. Puerta de horror 45116 Zapopan jal Phone +52 322 116 9667

Doug H.
Apr 13, 2013

The saga continues. As I stated in earlier posts I had hired my own Mexican Lawyer to deal with these crooks. My Lawyer is prosecuting Belaire/Hotel U on three levels simultaneously. (PROFECO, Criminaly, Civily) the first hearing was scheduled for April 04 with PROFECO. Naturally Belaire/Hotel U did not show. PROFECO assessed them a 5,000 peso penalty. I'm told this penalty is assigned to the Mexican equivalent of our IRS to collect. I'm also led to believe that they are equally as aggressive as our IRS. PROFECO also ordered a second hearing for next month (May). I have a 4 pg response from PROFECO with further details. My Lawyer has petitioned the court for a hearing both Civilly and criminally. We have not heard back as of yet. As well I too am receiving phone calls from some phony agency in Mexico City pretending to be an arm of the Mexican Government who is going after Belaire/Hotel U and Antonio Copola. They went on to say that Copola has been arrested and is in jail. I have asked my Lawyer to check this out and confirm if that statement is in fact true or false. He told me that he would confirm by the end of next week. I will keep you guys posted on the outcome.

Kevin K.
Apr 13, 2013

This address is in Guadalajara. I will be in Puerto Vallarta. Does this mean he is not normally in the Puerto Vallarta area??

dough204 wrote:
His name is rodrigo Cruz Perez Address Paseo royal country No 4650 Torre zapopan piso 6 Franc. Puerta de horror 45116 Zapopan jal Phone +52 322 116 9667

Hal H.
Apr 13, 2013

Hal I would say, do not waste your time with the lawyer, you must present him with your contract number and your passport. If these 2 items do not match he will not see you. You could be a scammer, why are you putting so much time into this if you have not lost any money. We Class Action co-owners have visited his office and are satisfied with our Lawyer. We know how much investments Belaire has, and how much we can get. The Class Action members know how much the Lawyer charges and it it not an arm and a leg. Do not post anything, if you do not know any thing, your wasting our time on Redweek

Gerry B.
Apr 14, 2013

Well said.all of us that are participating in the law suit are very satisfied with rodrigo. Its really not any concern of anyone who is not involved. With that said lets just wait and see what happens with our lawsuits

Richard K.
Apr 15, 2013

Rena,

Can you please tell me how you were able to get money back from your credit card co as I think I am going to try to as well. I live in BC as well, so any advice you have, would be wonderful.

You can email me at kim_stretch@hotmail.com

Thanks!

renat6 wrote:
I was called by Larkin and Larkin I told him he was just another scammer that I had got all my money back from the belaire fiasco and to take a hike, then I hung up. The next night they called again giving their bull story about how they know I was scammed ,$28,000 and how they are working with the judge to get my money back. I played along since the hang up didnt work, asking all sorts of question, then I asked him why when I told them yesterday that I already got all my money back why they still called me, and that I know he is just a scammer, and hung up again. I got all my money back from BMO master card. I wont print it all again but it is all in this thread about a year ago. Rena Penticton, Canada

georgep209 wrote:

Kim S.
Apr 18, 2013

Juridico Providencia Fraud Investigation Unit of Mexico is a fraud and scam. They were reported to the FBI and PROFECO after I learned that they have no affiliation with JP Investigations a reputable investigative group in the USA, but they are trying to use a familiar name.

Report timeshare fraud to your state dept. of consumer affairs and the FBI via website: http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2012/february/timeshare-fraud_021712 which has additional information on timeshare fraud.

malcolmm30 wrote:
I agree that Juridico Providencia - Fraud Investigation Unit of Mexico is most likely in cahoots with the people of Hotel U. I also received a call from a Mike Fisher of the that company who said that they had the stolen funds from the original owners. He emailed to me an info sheet, Confidentiality Agreement and Signature Form to be part of the restitution. The 3 forms are identical word for word, except for the address and signature, as those received from the Mexico Advocate Team last November. Both firms are in Guadalajara and claim to have our money.

Donald P.
Apr 18, 2013

There was a posting, in the last few days about a senior who paid Larkin $1600.00 then asked more for taxes. What happened to this posting???? Why was it erased???

Gerry B.
Apr 19, 2013

Everyone, I have emailed copies of requested information to Rodrigo Cruz Perez 3-4 weeks ago. However I don't have any feedback even after my few follow up emails. Any idea what is going on? Is Rodrigo legit or another scam?

Hovhannes A.
Apr 19, 2013

gerryb46 - Look at the sixth message of page 5 on the following Redweek forum site. Belaire Vacation Club/Puerto Vallarta

Malcolm M.

Last edited by malcolmm30 on Apr 19, 2013 05:01 PM

Apr 22, 2013

I received this email from him:

I am here in Puerto Vallarta, you can call me at 044 3221169667.

Best regards, Rodrigo Cruz

Maybe you could try to call him.

I know we are all intelligent people, we are all just too trusting that others are trustworthy also. Good luck in your endeavors. Maybe some day we will recoup some of our losses. As for the scammers, I hope they burn in he** for the grief they have caused, especially to the seniors they scammed.

S F.
Apr 22, 2013

we are members of the class action suit and continue to have a basic question. Since it's very likely that the crooks sheltered their money and probably owe money to suppliers, where would the money come from should we win? paul and karen

Paul A.
Apr 22, 2013

From the land. He can't get rid of it, because there is a lien on it. The lien is there because of all of the people who have bought into the scheme.

Anthony A.
Apr 23, 2013

i understand what you say about the value of the land but won't they have to pay their debts to suppliers, attorneys, etc., before we get anything?

Paul A.
Apr 24, 2013

I am not sure who is in line, but it is our law suit. The only lawyers that will get paid are ours...in accordance with our agreement. As to suppliers, there has been very little done over the years. I am not sure what he could owe to suppliers. I also suspect that they were paid as things were built, but I don't really know. I do know that not just anyone (suppliers, etc) that has a beef with Antonio can cut into our law suit. It is the same thing in Canada or the U.S. If you sue someone, and win, you have to collect. There is no guarantee that you will be able to collect anything, just because you have a judgement. For example, Antonio may have all of his personal assets out of the country. But the lnad is there, and we can lay a claim to it.

Anthony A.
Apr 24, 2013

thanks for the clear explanation...understood... vamos a ver...

Paul A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.