Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

May 13, 2009

I guess PT Barnum was right. I can't believe that anyone would invest money in this fiasco. There have been several beams and lots of rebar for at least a year. Now there is a crossbeam. Get out. Get out. Report them. Do whatever you have to to try to get some of your money back and next time you are there, start warning anyone who you see approached by these scumbags to forget it.

Steven B.
May 14, 2009

Hi Ole..

Thanks for info. My key contact there was Steve, who I think is their senior salesperson. As I mentioned, Steve has been very responsive.

I would be interested in getting a copy of the performance bond, if you get one in English. Also, I would like copy of newsletter they sent you, unless it is the sameone that they published in January 09.

I don't think the LLC idea is worh it to us, since we only bought four weeks. However I'd like to follow your progress.

Feel free to contact me directly at jimeaton02@yahoo.com or (612)310-4241 (Minneapolis).

For the sake of all investors I hope (and pray) we are right about the attractiveness of the overall Belaire opportunity. As you know, a lot of skepticism remains.

Regards,

Jim Eaton

Jim E.
May 20, 2009

We purchased over two years ago and have watched the little progress since then. As far as I can tell except Antonio no one else is the same. All others have come and gone. We have heard so many stories is is hard to remember them all. Originally we were told only the first 400 would not have to pay maintenance fees. They were going to be delivering a helicopter to take the guests around. The finishing date has changed so many times.

I visited PV in January and spoke to Sergio. He told me about the use of Mirmar until Belaire is completed but every time I call Karla she tells me to call back in 2 weeks. Don't turn in your others weeks unless you want to shed them We will be in PV next Feb. elsewhere. Until then I will keep watching and hoping.

LJ

Lois J.
May 20, 2009

Thanks for the message. Sounds similar to many others.

It is my understanding that Mirimar will open for business this month. (There is a Mirimar web site, but no reference as to how to book business).

I think it very imporant that all Belaire owners bind together in pressureing Belaire management that we be be able to use Mirimar in 2010, assuming that Belaire is not completed.

Regards, Jim Eaton

Jim E.
Jun 12, 2009

Ok, where do I begin....the wife and I just got back from PV and did buy from Belaire Golf Rest & Spa. I highly advise anyone who is within their 5 day cancellation period, CANCEL IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!! The same 8 beams that were in the ground back in 2007 are the ONLY things still up right now in June 2009. Yes, the models of the rooms are beautiful!!! But as everyone there in PV says, that will be as close as you will see done on that resort. If you read the contract very carefully, you will notice that there is nothing in there that states a date of completion or a breach of contract on their part if the resort is not built, as well as any kind of refund if the resort is not built. But it does state that if you try to cancel your membership after the 5 days, you will not receieve any money you have already paid them. We cancelled on our 3rd day. Don't call any PROFECO office in Guadalajara, they don't have the info on Belaire because the PROFECO office in PV has all the dirt on Belaire, and believe me there is ALOT of dirt!!! PROFECO does have a booth at the airport and also across the street from the Sheraton Hotel, I have the address of PROFECO in PV for anyone who wants it. Just give the address to the taxi driver and he will drive you to where PROFECO is loctaed, if you're still in PV. PROFECO told me they have had so many people cancel their contract with Belaire and they also highly recommend everyone cancels their contract if they haven't already done so. Remember, anything the sales people at Belaire (Steve, Kirby, Kendall) told you verbally but is not in the contact is a total lie, such as them buying back your purchase for the "then" value in 2-5 years or the $2,000 they will give you for your mandatory week. If you noticed, there is no dollar amount in the contact and the golden rule is if it's not in the contract, it's not true!!! This is what you do to cancel.......write a letter of cancellation to Belaire explaining you do not feel confortable about the purchase and are asking for a full refund. Take it to Belaire and have them in turn give you a letter saying they acknowledge your cancellation and are going to give you a full refund or credit your card of the full amount you paid. They will try and keep the closing cost, tell them no way, that you want the entire amount you paid them!!! When they tried telling us they were going to keep the closing sosts we paid of $2,000, my wife went "asian" on them (she is Korean), and told them they better refund us back every penny we gave them. Another couple who was there for the presentation heard the whole conversation and asked us if we bought. We told them we did but were cancelling because the sales people were liars and the project is a total scam. We warned them that they should get up and walk out while they have the chance and not waste another minute of their vacation listening to lies. They looked at us like we were crazy......guess they will find out the hard way when they are out $10,000 and wishing they took our advice. Take that letter, along with 2 copies of the contact to PROFECO in PV and you are done. Call your credit card company and tell them you are cancelling the purchase you made with the Belaire Resort and that you want to make a dispute. Also tell your credit card company you will fax them a copy of the cancellation acknowledgement letter Belair gave you as proof they agreed to credit your card back with the full amount you charged. If you want to get a hold of Steve Heline the head salesman, his number is +52-322-2271311, I have his business card and can verify this is a good number to reach him at for all those of you who got scammed from him. Belaire does have a toll free number 1-866-438-1448 and a direct number of +52-322-2091090. One very important thing to know. We were told by numerous people in PV, especially the locals that Mr. Anthony Copela is affiliated with the mafia, and I'll tell you what, when we went back to Belaire to cancel our contract, he will try and intimidate you by giving you a look like he is going to have you taken care of. The man has connections there in PV. He knows if you bought with another company and how much you bought for, trust me, you don't want to have any association with this guy or his ugly dentures (Anthony Copela stuck his gross dentures out at me while giving me a dirty look when we went to cancel). We actually called our daughters and told them that if we don't come home on the day we are supposed to and don't hear from us, they should call the police because my wife and I feel that Mr. Anthony Copela has that capability to "hurt" someone if you know what I mean. Stay far away from this company and this man, trust me, you don't want to lose out on your hard earned money to someone who could very well be associated with the mafia. If you think I'm joking, as anyone in PV. I will help anyone who wants help in cancelling their contract. Please stay away from from this company and Mr. Copela for your sake and for your safety.

Regards, Juan

Juan F.
Jul 04, 2009

Hi all, I have just come back from Puerta Vallarta and have purchased a 25 year plan 4 weeks a year at Bellaire. Steve was our Salesman and was very professional and courteous. I am very annal and went over the contract about 10 times. We were also given a tour of Mir-A-Mar and wow! This property is still not open but can see it open about end of July it is a amazing property with a 2 million dollar view! It will be one of the most exclusive properties in P.V.. We were told we have total rights to this property also at no charge! I know the price we paid and no maintence fees for life seems all to good to be true also but am hoping all is true. I for one will be praying for all to be true and mabee just plain stupid but we shall see. One last piece of information regarding web site for Mir-A-Mar was told because of oppenning soon redoing web site and should be done in couple of weeks. Mike

Mike G.

Last edited by mikeg332 on Jul 04, 2009 09:51 AM

Jul 04, 2009

When did they tell you that Belaire in PV would be complete? Are the pillers up and enclosed yet in PV? We bought in 2007 and were told at the time that it would be available in beginning of 2008 and we are still waiting, just wondering what they told new buyers.

Dorothy O.
Jul 07, 2009

Was told the Bellaire project would be available for my use in 2011! Salesman told us Project should be completed by end of 2010. If you factor in the fact that the Miramar was to be open by July 1st and is about a month late then you can guess about Bellaire. Was told the lack of many workers on the Bellaire was that it is the rainy season and when that is over they will have a full crew. To see the onsite cameras go to Belliaire web site and there are 2 cameras on the construction. Mike

Mike G.
Jul 19, 2009

Signed up for a two bedroom just last week - 15th!! I wanted more info and that's how I found this web. None of the salesman mentioned was there except possibly Antonio- who was said to be the boss. "Remi" gave the tour. John Kerrigan did most of the "pitching". Kirby was most interested in the money transactions. I questioned why work was slow and was told that property was being built on a water table and required settling of concrete. There appeared to be very few workers. I have already given them over $10,000. Now I question my judgment. How can they be associated with names like Belaire? Some forms say they are registered by PROFECO and associated/member of ARDA. Maybe it's not too late for me. PLEASE write back on this.

Foster A.

Last edited by fostera2 on Jul 19, 2009 08:16 PM

Jul 20, 2009

This is the biggest scam in Puerto Vallarta. We purchased the supposed same pkg. 2 yrs ago for so many thousands of dollars I'm too ashamed to state. We have rec'd nothing but lies for 2 yrs. Miramar was supposed to be ready in Jan of this yr - it still isn't. How do they continue to get away with it? If you've only lost 10,000, you're lucky.

Jean

Melva P.
Aug 06, 2009

cheryls213 wrote:
Has anyone ever heard of the Belaire Golf resort and Spa in Puerta Vallarta that is in the Marina area and it is in pre-construction? What do you think of it?
Have you done anything since this message was put out in October of 2007? I bought there last month but am in the process of cancelling my contract. I informed them of my intentions in registered letter sent 5 actual days from our signing. Please respond. Thank you! Foster

Foster A.

Last edited by fostera2 on Aug 06, 2009 05:12 PM

Aug 06, 2009

dorothy362 wrote:
cheryls213 wrote:
Has anyone ever heard of the Belaire Golf resort and Spa in Puerta Vallarta that is in the Marina area and it is in pre-construction? What do you think of it?
We bought into it last year and haven't been able to get much information about it. We just received our package telling us that more would be forthcoming. What do you know about it? We bought from Antonio Copela who is one of the owners. I have his e mail address, bud its hard to get answers. you can use www.belairevacationclub.com to view the construction progress. Its my understanding that you won't be able to go there until the end of 2008. Dorothy ornelas43@hotmail.com
Have you any more information on this? We purchased last month and cancelled five actual days after signing. They are trying to keep us as members but I have so many doubts. Please respond. Thank you. Foster

Foster A.

Last edited by fostera2 on Aug 06, 2009 05:13 PM

Aug 06, 2009

My wife and I bought just last month but have attempted to cancel within our five business days. They are attempting to keep our membership and have indicated a steep penalty for cancelling. Please respond with your experiences since you last submitted your message here.

Thank you.

Foster

Foster A.

Last edited by fostera2 on Aug 06, 2009 05:14 PM

Aug 06, 2009

My wife and I have purchased a membership last month but are trying to cancel because of all the negative reports on this webpage. Tell me of your recent experiences with "The Luxury Experience" as it was presented to us. Should we stay or go??

Thank you.

Foster A.
Aug 06, 2009

What has been your latest development? My wife and I purchased July 15, 2009. Because of the negative reports on this website I started cancellation on the 20th of July. They are attempting to keep our money and not allow us to cancel. I would like to hear something positive but I cannot afford to gamble and that is how I have felt.

Thank you.

Foster

Foster A.
Aug 06, 2009

We bought there July 15th 2009. I have attempted to cancel this contract by starting notification on the 20th. These people are trying to keep us in the contract and I would like to know of anything positive or negative regarding The Luxury Experience as it is called. Please respond. Thank you.

Foster

Foster A.
Aug 06, 2009

While we were there last month they hoped to be finished in 2010 but very few workers were on site and progress is comparable to reports of a year ago.

Foster

Foster A.
Aug 06, 2009

I have been called a plant because I wrote a good report regarding my experience with Belaire resort. Again I have not been involved more than 2 months but I did believe what I saw and am hoping the rest will come to fruition. Again my name is Mike Gilmore and my phone # is 702-281-4226 and my e-mail is mikegoflas@yahoo.com if you would like to contact me regarding my report.

Mike G.
Aug 08, 2009

To all who are interested, as I have reported before. We purchased a pkg. in 2007 and stupidly believed the pitch that it would be available in 2008. We have been told so many lies and that's all we have gotten for the thousands we gave them. No one that purchased has rec'd anything and the building is not progressing. Belaire is a scam- out and out "theft". We are just 1 of hundreds that have fallen prey to the beautiful suite we were shown and all the promises. You could have built several resorts, as some of them have in Puerto Vallarta, in less time with no completion in sight.

Jean

Melva P.
Aug 10, 2009

We too purchased at Belair. We did so in March 2007. We keep checking every time we visit there and there is still not much progress. I am afraid I will never get my money back nor any place to stay there. I do not know if Profeco can still assist. It seems from other posts that you only have 5 days. We are way past that time frame. I contacted my credit card company last year and they can not assist since it has been so long. Sad that there are companies out there like this. Patti Pittsburgh PA

Patti S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.