Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

May 19, 2014

Rodrigo is nothing bug a scam. No legit lawyer would leave so many emails unanswered if he was truly interested. He is just floating around d looking for the unsuspecting who might just dive into his scam.

Gary H.
May 29, 2014

Any word anyone on Belaire scam?? Thanks for any information. New email address and mailing address since purchase years ago. Seem to have been lost in the communications w/you all. Hope there is some good news… Thanks for any updates!! Keith/Jacinda Sartorius---Arizona.

Harold/Jacinda S.
May 30, 2014

Hello, I am Cesar Rincon I am the attorney that in conjunction with Carlos Roman and Michelle Pelayo have been litigating the Class Action vs Belaire/Hotel U, please if you have any questions about the law suit contact me at cesar.rincon@rinconabogados.com

The suit is in a federal district court at Guadalajara, Jalisco (there are no federal courts in Puerto Vallarta) and we are now in the stage where the defendants have responded to the suit we filed against them.

I can tell you that last month we received a couple of new people that wanted to participate in the class action so they "adhered" to the suit.

If you want to adhere to the suit please contact me.

PS. Mr Cruz does not longer work directly with us but he is still helping us with some translations and he is helping us on directing you, the affected people, to us.

Cesar R.

Last edited by cesarr20 on May 30, 2014 06:32 PM

May 30, 2014

Gary my name is Cesar Rincon I am the attorney who sees the law suit directly here in Guadalajara, Jalisco (the class action is in a federal court and there are no federal courts in Puerto Vallarta), Mr. Carlos Roman and Mr. Michelle Pelayo are also some of the other attorneys who are litigating this case.

I do not see your name in the class action, please contact me at cesar.rincon@rinconabogados.com in order to have you adhere to the classs action (do not worry you can still adhere).

Cesar R.
May 30, 2014

Peulette, my name is Cesar Rincon I am the attorney who sees the law suit directly here in Guadalajara, Jalisco (the class action is in a federal court and there are no federal courts in Puerto Vallarta), Mr. Carlos Roman and Mr. Michelle Pelayo are also some of the other attorneys who are litigating this case.

I do not see your name in the class action, please contact me at cesar.rincon@rinconabogados.com in order to have you adhere to the classs action (do not worry you can still adhere).

Cesar R.
May 30, 2014

Mr. Cruz is right in this, it is a landmark decision considering the fact that this is the first class action that has been certified in Jalisco.

Cesar R.
May 30, 2014

With all due respect, Mr. Rincon, many of us have been led down this trail before and unfortunately are afraid of being misled by another "legal counsel" telling us they are here to help us. We have been given differing pieces of advise. How do we, as lay people verify you and your firm in this matter? What is your contact, website etc. information?

As for Mr. Cruz, I'm surprised he hasn't landed in the water because he keeps jumping ships. Finally, what is the present status with "Copela" and his unrelated US matters and how will that effect anything resolving this matter? Look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Sucked I.
May 31, 2014

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

I totally understand you may have lost faith in people, nonetheless I will give you some information so you know we (at the firm) are serious in this matter.

1. I work at the law firm Rincon Abogados, you can learn more about us in our website www.rinconabogados.com

2. Rincon Abogados created an association whose only job is representing people in Class Actions, such association's name is DEFENSA COLECTIVA A.C.

3. PROFECO (the government's official consumer agency) has DEFENSA COLECTIVA's lawsuit vs. timeshares in Belaire/Hotel U registered in their official website: http://acolectivas.profeco.gob.mx/entramite.php you can see that our class action is number 6 on the list.

4. The court's official website has our suit registered, you can consult everything that has happened since the start of the suit until now: http://sise.cjf.gob.mx/SiseInternet/Reportes/VerCaptura.aspx?TipoAsunto=4&Expediente=320%2F2013&Buscar=Buscar&Circuito=3&CircuitoName=Tercer+Circuito&Organismo=692&OrgName=Juzgado+Primero+de+Distrito+en+Materia+Civil+en+el+Estado+de+Jalisco&TipoOrganismo=2&Accion=1

5. DEFENSA COLECTIVA has various class actions filed in court as of now, but the Belaire/Hotel U one is the most advanced one.

Mr. Cruz is a very trustworthy man, as I said before, we are still in contact with him regarding this matter. Whichever document he receives from you is sent to us.

Copela may be in jail, this, however, does not affect our civil case.

Tank you for your time Cesar Rincon

PS. Please contact me at cesar.rincon@rinconabogados.com

suckedi wrote:
With all due respect, Mr. Rincon, many of us have been led down this trail before and unfortunately are afraid of being misled by another "legal counsel" telling us they are here to help us. We have been given differing pieces of advise. How do we, as lay people verify you and your firm in this matter? What is your contact, website etc. information?

As for Mr. Cruz, I'm surprised he hasn't landed in the water because he keeps jumping ships. Finally, what is the present status with "Copela" and his unrelated US matters and how will that effect anything resolving this matter? Look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Cesar R.

Last edited by cesarr20 on May 31, 2014 09:27 AM

Jun 01, 2014

There are so many of us out there who have lost money over the years on this Belaire scam! We too would like to believe, however we find it difficult to trust anyone in Mexico! It seems that if Mexico and the honest people there would like to restore confidence in their country with Americans that they would be willing to repair the damage done and offer to complete this process on our behalf. If they are sincere about this, it should be done and once we have received our money back, then we would all be willing to pay a big percentage to the lawyers who have fought and ultimately, hopefully, WIN this case!!! Any hope of that happening?

Mara R.
Jun 01, 2014

Dear Mr/Mrs.

At our law firm we know that trust is not high right now. That is why we are working hard on winning this case.

I do have good news, the defendants answered the suit and they do agree that they didn't comply with their obligations, this will help us achieve a win in this case. However, that may take some time.

About our fees, we haven't charged any fees as of now, only if we win we'll receive our fees (they are regulated by law).

Mr/Mrs. if you want to adhere to the class action please contact me at cesar.rincon@rinconabogados.com

Sincerely

Cesar Rincon

marar6 wrote:
There are so many of us out there who have lost money over the years on this Belaire scam! We too would like to believe, however we find it difficult to trust anyone in Mexico! It seems that if Mexico and the honest people there would like to restore confidence in their country with Americans that they would be willing to repair the damage done and offer to complete this process on our behalf. If they are sincere about this, it should be done and once we have received our money back, then we would all be willing to pay a big percentage to the lawyers who have fought and ultimately, hopefully, WIN this case!!! Any hope of that happening?

Cesar R.
Jun 02, 2014

Have the judge in the case post a short message on this website. Surely a man who realizes what is at stake would be willing to do that for the victims of this fraud. Otherwise we have no proof that you Mr Rincon are not a fraud.

ben smith
Jun 02, 2014

Marar6 - I know many Mexicans who I trust long before any Americans or Canadians or others. Let's remember that this was an entire American family involved in this scam. Yes, there was a Mexican involvement but it was pulled off by an American citizen who is now (was?) in jail for an unrelated fraud matter in the US. Perhaps your frustration is with the Mexican justice system of which there is no denying is corrupt and has it's faults. That is my concern. And the bloodsuckers still seeking those who are weak and they can drain the last ounce of money from them/us. Those are the ones I must be cautious of now. And, what will ever come of this if there is a decision in our favor? What can we expect monetarily and in what time frame are we talking until its conclusion? If you read the 38 (!) pages of posts you will some of the involved have died already. How many more will have that happen to them before this travesty is over? If you want you're heart broken, next time you come to PV, go past the U and see how many shattered dreams are sitting beneath the rusting shell of a building. I know ours are but we are still blessed in so many other ways that this will not deter us from enjoying the life we have. Mexico is a beautiful place with beautiful people with some problems. Kinda sounds like the US or Canada. Don't let it stop you from coming. How can Mr. Rincon gain our trust? I'm interested in knowing more.

Sucked I.

Last edited by suckedi on Jun 02, 2014 07:57 AM

Jun 02, 2014

The firm rinconabogados.com is one of the best firms in Mexico, and plaintiffs in this case are very lucky to have their litigation team (including Mr. Cesar Rincon) behind them. Not to mention the fact that they have not charged a penny to do so.

I don't work directly with the firm anymore because I am in Puerto Vallarta and I have started my own independent practice; however, I will see this case to its conclusion and vouch 100% for the firm's participation in this class action.

I put together the core group of plaintiffs for the Class Action, and personally met with most of them and compiled their file. You can ask anybody for their impression of me. I have never "jumped ships" as someone has written, and I have worked on this case since 2011. There has only been one legitimate class action and that is ours. I have never worked for any other firm or organization or person for this case regardless of any unfounded allegations.

Having compiled the core case with a sufficient number of plaintiffs, I passed it on to the litigation team in Guadalajara where the federal courts are, and I continue to provide support in Puerto Vallarta by meeting with new plaintiffs and compiling documents to include in the Class Action, and writing about the advances in a publicly available blog in english:

http://belairepvclassaction.blogspot.mx/

Whether or not anybody believes it, the Class Action is ongoing, and I would even venture as far as saying that we will win this case for those plaintiffs that are already on the list and any others who adhere to this effort.

As far as the expectation of recovering the money, It's hard to tell how it will play out in the end in regards to the number of plaintiffs that actually join and substantiate their claims, the amounts awarded and the actual assets that are available for remedy.

Since the beginning this has been what I have told anybody who inquired to join, and I stand by anything I have said or promised in regards to this Class Action.

Best regards, Rodrigo Cruz Perez

Rodrigo C.

Last edited by rodrigoc5 on Jun 02, 2014 01:22 PM

Jun 02, 2014

I fully understand that your trust has been hurt and is now probably down to zero. However, I can tell you that there has been a class action (ours) filed for the belaire/hotel u scam. I personally have seen the lot where the Hotel U was supposed to be built in, and I insist, I understand how you feel regarding this matter. This is why we decided to file a class action suit for this wrongdoing.

Unfortunately, we cannot have the Judge make a statement regarding this case, it is forbidden for them to do so. We can arrange, nonetheless, a meeting by telephone so you can get to know us better and probably even trust us enough for us to represent you in court. If you are interested in doing so please send me an email to cesar.rincon@rinconabogados.com. Just as Mr. Cruz stated, we will not charge you a penny since we will charge our fees only if we win this case.

It is hard to know how much money we can recover from this suit, it all depends on how many people adhere to the suit and how much assets the defendants have. As of now we know that the lot where the Belaire/Hotel U was supposed to be built on is property of the defendants, this will help us redeem some of the money that was stolen by the defendants.

Regards

Cesar Rincon

Cesar R.

Last edited by cesarr20 on Jun 02, 2014 07:09 PM

Jun 03, 2014

Well said, Rodrigo and Cesar! You explanation is much appreciated. I, for one, have never lost faith in our suit. Our Professional Services Agreement is with the firm ABOGADOS ASOCIADOS PROFESIONALES DEL DERECHO, S.C., HEREIN REPRESENTED BY VIRGILIO RINCÓN SALAS, IN HIS CHARACTER OF GENERAL ATTORNEY, WHO SHALL BE HEREIN KNOWN AS THE REPRESENTATIVE. I presume that Cesar Rincon is a member of this firm, although he is not Virgilio Rincon Salas...

Anthony A.
Jun 03, 2014

That's right, I'm not the legal representative of the firm but I am a member of it. Yes, our suit is advancing properly, the defendants already "answered" and they basically confessed to everything.

anthonya93 wrote:
Well said, Rodrigo and Cesar! You explanation is much appreciated. I, for one, have never lost faith in our suit. Our Professional Services Agreement is with the firm ABOGADOS ASOCIADOS PROFESIONALES DEL DERECHO, S.C., HEREIN REPRESENTED BY VIRGILIO RINCÓN SALAS, IN HIS CHARACTER OF GENERAL ATTORNEY, WHO SHALL BE HEREIN KNOWN AS THE REPRESENTATIVE. I presume that Cesar Rincon is a member of this firm, although he is not Virgilio Rincon Salas...

Cesar R.
Jul 29, 2014

Did anyone else get a newletter about a property in Punta Mita that mentions the Bellair and Uhotel in it?

Todd S.
Jul 29, 2014

Not as yet, at least not recently. They were working the scam at Hotel Cinco in Punta Mita last year until Tony got arrested. But rest assured, anything that has Hotel U and Belaire in the same breath is bad news, unless it means getting money back then it could be even worse news! Where did it originate from?

Sucked I.
Jul 29, 2014

I sent in information to a lawyer that couldn't get enough people to file the suit can you get together with his claimants and file all together to get these bastards. They took us for over 32,000 dollars and he said that he had about 15 people signed up. Omar was his name.

KarenR
Jul 29, 2014

Yes got another Newsletter last week- dated June 13, 2014 same old thing- Punta Mita- property etc. Did mention that "a recovery process of the "Original owners" was put forth" - " new leaf turning" etc blah blah

todds350 wrote:
Did anyone else get a newletter about a property in Punta Mita that mentions the Bellair and Uhotel in it?

Carolyn T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.