Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

Sep 13, 2014

Rodrigo,

Are you prepared to give us your email and location to meet with you in PV or wherever you are, for those returning this winter or living in Mexico?

Sucked I.
Sep 14, 2014

What a bunch of BS! I too sent my documents to "rodrigo". I sent them over two years ago. I emailed rodrigo, and never a response. I was never told any thing about any translation needing to be done. I gave probably asked 10 times if I am part of the class action and never a response. I will tell you all here right now, my name is Douglas ham and my contract us 1269. If rodrigo is here have him tell me here if I am part of the class action because he never ever responds to my emails. Not even to tell me that I am not part of the suit. It's all a bunch of BS. Obviously I am pissed as all of you are. I will never step another foot in there country so I don't give a * anymore. If their government allows people to do that to other I hope there tourism goes down the tube.

Doug H.

Last edited by phyl21 on Sep 14, 2014 05:08 PM

Sep 14, 2014

I was going write exact same thing. All BS.

Hovhannes A.
Sep 14, 2014

Rodrigo,

You lost your mind? What else you need? Original bank statements, certified by public notary? What our bank statements have anything to do with this? First this wasn't the original request. I have never received your reply that the documents received are not valid. I have never received any reply. I did send you the original receipt which was paid to belaire. What happened to passport information you were asking before? You are just another scam trying to collect victims information to go to another fraud.. .frankly... I was silent for long time just following the conversations, and I can see now clearly, nothing is legit in your messages. Mexico was mostly relying on US turism. Now you and junk like yourself, killed it. Good for US economy. We will spend our money in homeland.

Hovhannes A.

Last edited by phyl21 on Sep 14, 2014 05:09 PM

Sep 15, 2014

I have thought about this BS all weekend and I still cannot believe what I read. I have told you year after year how I lost everything after this was purchased by a pair of idiots (just pointing at me now) but I literally vomit at the lies and deception that I have heard over and over. This is the end for me. I can't do this anymore. I have no more tears and I am still waiting for the apology that I will never hear. I was ready to hit the send button when you slid that "little piece of insignificant information" into a post that had nothing to do with making a little trip to PV to see a Notary and Translator. I am so done. Those scumbags will win anyway we try to spin this and NO there won't be a dime paid to Canadian and US citizens out of Mexican court...do you know the riot that would cause. Not a dime will leave that country. Your trick has been the lowest so far!

hovhannesa wrote:
Rodrigo,

You lost your mind? What else you need? Original bank statements, certified by public notary? What our bank statements have anything to do with this? First this wasn't the original request. I have never received your reply that the documents received are not valid. I have never received any reply. I did send you the original receipt which was paid to belaire. What happened to passport information you were asking before? You are just another scam trying to collect victims information to go to another fraud.. .frankly... I was silent for long time just following the conversations, and I can see now clearly, nothing is legit in your messages. Mexico was mostly relying on US turism. Now you and junk like yourself, killed it. Good for US economy. We will spend our money in homeland.

Paulette B.
Sep 15, 2014

Please explain what you mean by "very positiave tax advantage".

Paulette B.
Sep 15, 2014

Just what do hope to accomplish? You will never see any money even if he'll did freeze over and you got a judgement, the likely hood of seeing any of your money is zero. Giving any of these parasites any more time or money is insane.

George P.
Sep 15, 2014

That was hell freezing over by the way.

George P.
Sep 15, 2014

I understand your frustration, you are a disgruntled victim of fraud and If it makes you feel better to vent in this forum, then do so freely, but the facts don't change.

The only way to substantiate your claim is the following:

1.- Original or certified copy of the belaire/hotel U contract. (If notarized outside Mexico, it has to have an "Apostille", which is an additional certification. If you are unsure, you can ask an attorney or consult with the Mexican Consulate what "Apostille" or "legalization" means).

2.- Original or certified copy of Bank card statement, (only the one that shows the belaire purchase) or credit card receipt, or wire transfer or any document that proves that money changed hands. Also with "apostille or legalization" if certified copy.

3.- All Documents must be translated into spanish, the official language in Mexico. (Just like any foreign language document filed in a U.S. court would have to be translated into english).

4.- Letter of adherence to class action and ID.

You do not have to come to Mexico, but It is much easier to get this done in Mexico because you don't need the additional apostille process, which has proven to be difficult to accomplish for some people, and you can have the documents translated by a certified translator in Mexico too.

If you can get that done correctly, then you can do it from abroad, but like I said, it is much simpler to do it here, just as most plaintiffs have done.

This is a public matter so you can also go directly to the Federal Courts in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, case number 320/2013 in the First District Court in Civil Matters in the State of Jalisco and file your individual claim yourself. You will still need to file the aforementioned documents with your claim, but if it makes you feel better, nobody else needs to be involved.

There is a numerous group of plaintiffs already on board, so whether you want to participate or not is entirely up to you.

Complaining on an online forum is very easy, however, we have been the only people who actually did anything about this case and invested significant time, money, and efforts to put the class action together.

The end result is that this is your best chance of getting anything back, even if it is just a tax deduction for the amount lost, or whatever may come out of this.

I also remind you that we did not take your money, it was actually a scam perpetrated by U.S. Citizens who posed as legitimate investors in a Tourist Development in Mexico.

Rodrigo C.

Last edited by rodrigoc5 on Sep 15, 2014 12:10 PM

Sep 15, 2014

If by any chance, anybody is going to come PV, is interested in joining, and wants some help; bring your original documents with you. We can make an appointment to meet at the Notary Public's Office where we can get everything done.

Paradise Plaza, Paseo de los Cocoteros No. 85 Unit C-5A Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit, Mexico. C.P. 63732

rodrigocruzperez@gmail.com Cel. 3221169667

If you can't come to Mexico and want to join, make sure that all of your documentation is complete with notary certifications, apostilles where needed, as well as translations; otherwise, we won't be able to complete your claim.

Rodrigo C.
Sep 15, 2014

We are not able to come to PV for at least 3 months. What is the latest date to join the class action?

Patricia S.
Sep 15, 2014

"it was actually a scam perpetrated by US citizens who posed as legitimate investors". What the H is that supposed to mean????? Are you somehow laying the blame at our feet? Who are these legit investors that you speak of? Is this an attempt to mitigate all the Mexicans involved in this horse crap?

rodrigoc5 wrote:
I understand your frustration, you are a disgruntled victim of fraud and If it makes you feel better to vent in this forum, then do so freely, but the facts don't change.

The only way to substantiate your claim is the following:

1.- Original or certified copy of the belaire/hotel U contract. (If notarized outside Mexico, it has to have an "Apostille", which is an additional certification. If you are unsure, you can ask an attorney or consult with the Mexican Consulate what "Apostille" or "legalization" means).

2.- Original or certified copy of Bank card statement, (only the one that shows the belaire purchase) or credit card receipt, or wire transfer or any document that proves that money changed hands. Also with "apostille or legalization" if certified copy.

3.- All Documents must be translated into spanish, the official language in Mexico. (Just like any foreign language document filed in a U.S. court would have to be translated into english).

4.- Letter of adherence to class action and ID.

You do not have to come to Mexico, but It is much easier to get this done in Mexico because you don't need the additional apostille process, which has proven to be difficult to accomplish for some people, and you can have the documents translated by a certified translator in Mexico too.

If you can get that done correctly, then you can do it from abroad, but like I said, it is much simpler to do it here, just as most plaintiffs have done.

This is a public matter so you can also go directly to the Federal Courts in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, case number 320/2013 in the First District Court in Civil Matters in the State of Jalisco and file your individual claim yourself. You will still need to file the aforementioned documents with your claim, but if it makes you feel better, nobody else needs to be involved.

There is a numerous group of plaintiffs already on board, so whether you want to participate or not is entirely up to you.

Complaining on an online forum is very easy, however, we have been the only people who actually did anything about this case and invested significant time, money, and efforts to put the class action together.

The end result is that this is your best chance of getting anything back, even if it is just a tax deduction for the amount lost, or whatever may come out of this.

I also remind you that we did not take your money, it was actually a scam perpetrated by U.S. Citizens who posed as legitimate investors in a Tourist Development in Mexico.

ben smith
Sep 16, 2014

Man, you are low...I mean dung low. This comment says it all, right Rodrique??: "it was actually a scam perpetrated by US citizens who posed as legitimate investors"... It is comments like this that puts countries to war and will result in the falloff of Tourism Trade in Puerto Vallarta. Bad stories spread fast! I wish Good Luck to all buyers/owners who were scammed and are now "disgruntled victims of fraud". I am not real sure there will be cash restitution going to US and Canadians, since after all, "it was a scam perpetrated by US citizens......".

Paulette B.
Sep 16, 2014

I must agree with Rodrigo on this.

This was a scam not initiated by Mexicans, condoned perhaps by some of its citizens but this was run by an American family of thieves and their associates. That may hurt some egos but it is the truth. They're Americans. They did it here and they have done it in Florida - do you spit venom at Florida and the US? That is the kind of people they are. We all know that now. The "legitimate investors" Rodrigo is speaking of is the "Copela" clan, not we who got deceived.

We are not part of the group yet but when we get to NV we will probably join. We have nothing to lose, certainly not money, at this point. So, if you are angry get angry but do something - change only comes from people standing up to change the wrongs, even in Mexico.

Rodrigo has given the contact information I requested- do something or do nothing but doing nothing gets you nothing. That is, as he said - your choice. If you don't join, there's more for those of us who join if it becomes a reality.

Mexico and the PV, NV and such is still a beautiful place to live or visit.

Remember fraud occurs everywhere, no where more than n the US, and many times they get away with it in the US as well.

Sucked I.
Sep 16, 2014

The victimizers here are John Aurelio Cuda, AKA Tony Copela, AKA Anthony Copela; a U.S. Citizen, currently serving time at FCI Lompoc, a Low Security Federal Correctional Institution in California. Jonathan James Tomasello, is also a U.S. Citizen, who signed most of your timeshare contracts as "Director" of the development. You met the sales team yourself, so you probably know where many of them were from. People from all nationalities do good and bad things that is Just human nature. In this particular case, those are the facts. Your anger is understandable, however misplaced, and I hope that your venting out makes you feel better after all you have been through and the money you lost.

My best wishes to you and all, and I hope for the best outcome in this class action for all who choose join.

Rodrigo C.
Sep 16, 2014

Well said, Rodrigo! I am sorry that you are receiving all of this venting from unhappy victims of the Belaire scam. My wife and I visited you in your office on a trip to PV, and we were very happy with the service we received. The total cost for us came to $241.00 USD; this included notary fees and translator fees. There have been no other costs. That is the way it works with a class action suit. The lawyers won't get paid unless there is a judgement...and we get something from the judgement. If we get a judgement, but can't collect anything, because the Copala family (who are American citizens) have no assets in Mexico, the lawyers will also get nothing. To my wife and I, having already lost over $30,000 USD, $241.00 is a very small amount to spend on the chance that we will win. The way I look at it, even if there is no payout, it will cost the crooks a large amount of money in legal fees...and I expect that their lawyers will want it in advance. However, if you don't want to join the class action, by all means DON'T. However, if you do want to join, you will have to do the work. You can do all of it in the U.S. of Canada, but it will cost you a lot more than doing it in Mexico. My wife and I just combined an appointment with Rodrigo with our regular trip to PV. We go about once a year, get our teeth, glasses, and hearing aids looked after, and that pays most of the cost of a lovely holiday. However, I am really sick of reading diatribes from you people venting at Rodrigo. As we say back home, either shot or get off the pot! I and my wife are VERY HAPPY WITH THE SERVICES WE HAVE RECEIVED SO FAR!

Anthony A.
Sep 16, 2014

I know that many of you are venting because of your frustration(We invested $90,000 plus a timeshare in Bermuda and a Two weeks at the Grand Mayan in NV Plus interest on the $90,000 since 2007) Roderigo is getting the brunt. However there have been some people who have felt that they did join the class action suit but never heard anything from Roderigo-One man sent his information three years ago and has heard nothing. I think that these people deserved some response from Roderigo. If the information was incomplete than he should've told them what else was needed or whatever was necessary. It seems now from these messages In Red Week that Roderigo has told everyone exactly what needs to be done and the best way to do it.

anthonya93 wrote:
Well said, Rodrigo! I am sorry that you are receiving all of this venting from unhappy victims of the Belaire scam. My wife and I visited you in your office on a trip to PV, and we were very happy with the service we received. The total cost for us came to $241.00 USD; this included notary fees and translator fees. There have been no other costs. That is the way it works with a class action suit. The lawyers won't get paid unless there is a judgement...and we get something from the judgement. If we get a judgement, but can't collect anything, because the Copala family (who are American citizens) have no assets in Mexico, the lawyers will also get nothing. To my wife and I, having already lost over $30,000 USD, $241.00 is a very small amount to spend on the chance that we will win. The way I look at it, even if there is no payout, it will cost the crooks a large amount of money in legal fees...and I expect that their lawyers will want it in advance. However, if you don't want to join the class action, by all means DON'T. However, if you do want to join, you will have to do the work. You can do all of it in the U.S. of Canada, but it will cost you a lot more than doing it in Mexico. My wife and I just combined an appointment with Rodrigo with our regular trip to PV. We go about once a year, get our teeth, glasses, and hearing aids looked after, and that pays most of the cost of a lovely holiday. However, I am really sick of reading diatribes from you people venting at Rodrigo. As we say back home, either shot or get off the pot! I and my wife are VERY HAPPY WITH THE SERVICES WE HAVE RECEIVED SO FAR!

Carolyn T.
Sep 19, 2014

has anyone heard of the law firm of NORMA RODERGUIS at the Plaza Iquana, in Puerto Vallarta also working on this class action suit? I had info that she was also working with the lawyers in Guadalahara. Is this true and has anyone used her services to join the class action!!

Phyllis G.
Sep 19, 2014

Excuse me, but I have been trying to "do something" about this scam since 2011. I have also praised the lawyers for helping us out. Yes, I am angry and frustrated ... more so by the fact I cannot vist the city where I have 2 other timeshares that are going to the most appreciative bidder not the best offer! Only now I find out that I need to have documents validated/certified. You may not have been one of the many who was WORKING in, 90% INVESTED in the 2008 US fallout of the home lending and ownership industry. Add a few other tragedies to that, it is outside my ability to afford airfare to PV. Helping out by offering upfront assistance to get this documentation ready for "adherence to the class action" and put a lien on any distribution I may get would be a far cry from simply disqualifying a person who put up $32,000 for nothing! I NEVER HEARD nor READ of the required certification and TRANSLATION of purchase documents until it was stated just days ago. If anyone has seen this, please show me what I have missed and apologies to all who have had to listen to my cries for help. I've surrendered a long time ago but it's only now that giving up seems to be the lone option.

suckedi wrote:
I must agree with Rodrigo on this.

This was a scam not initiated by Mexicans, condoned perhaps by some of its citizens but this was run by an American family of thieves and their associates. That may hurt some egos but it is the truth. They're Americans. They did it here and they have done it in Florida - do you spit venom at Florida and the US? That is the kind of people they are. We all know that now. The "legitimate investors" Rodrigo is speaking of is the "Copela" clan, not we who got deceived.

We are not part of the group yet but when we get to NV we will probably join. We have nothing to lose, certainly not money, at this point. So, if you are angry get angry but do something - change only comes from people standing up to change the wrongs, even in Mexico.

Rodrigo has given the contact information I requested- do something or do nothing but doing nothing gets you nothing. That is, as he said - your choice. If you don't join, there's more for those of us who join if it becomes a reality.

Mexico and the PV, NV and such is still a beautiful place to live or visit.

Remember fraud occurs everywhere, no where more than n the US, and many times they get away with it in the US as well.

Paulette B.

Last edited by pauletteb45 on Sep 19, 2014 05:29 PM

Sep 19, 2014

Why would the Purchase documents need translation? Weren't we all provided the same generic disclosures and contracts?

Paulette B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.