Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

Apr 19, 2015

My mom received this same email as well. I hope they are not just toying with people. She still holds out hope that so much of her money is not just gone forever. Still makes me sick all these years later what these crooks did to people.

Pam F.
Apr 19, 2015

Body of email (does anyone even understand what they are saying?):

The premeditated extortion ring on the international tourist industry (Canadian and United States investors scammed!!! It should be noted in the matter of Mexican law of timeshare ruling the members were officially notified buy public announcement of the name change.

However at no point during this process of name change were members in jeopardy in any fraud or deceit in there contract status .NO error shown or breach of improper business dealing, The taxable person accused former x owner was the Victim, as there was never a reason to sell or change the original name and or company as it was intended.

Let it be noted that the taxable person was the victim and suffered a heart attack in December of 2009. Due to the fact of all the misrepresentation of the accountants and administrations, when you have groups of employees plotting to find ways to filter monies from the companies construction account and sales incomes were well over 2million usd a month for 2-3 years. Not aware of all the hidden accounts that still to date active and full of money. It’s a sad story but all of us are living day by day until the authority want to make a correction.

They got themselves to gain confidence of employment with said company WORLD RESORTS MARKETING ENTERPRISES S. DE R.L. DE C.V. While still employed by bank BANCO SANTANDER Centro branch, giving them ability’s to work up both sides and set up all the banking accounts to start the funneling of all the owners companies and members funds. After transferring over from BANCO SANTANDER Centro branch, WE took full control of internal ACCOUNTING, ADMINISTRATION, LEGAL and COMPUTER PROGRAMING. (By doing this, they knew that they were in control of all internal set up of the company) Opening up the clone of each company, that’s where the Government falls into play here on this case. Every dollar that went into the company was leaving out the back door without the developer knowing due to the fact of all the documents that were presented on the sales reports. The administration crew would have to alter all the numbers on the reports before showing the developer, that’s all the stress build up with the language and communication factor to what caused the downward spiral of the company, as the developer was more than one year in the hospital recovering. We started filling up our pockets and bleeding the company for every last penny, and now were on our way for the land, we will build our property with or without the problems from the past that keep me up all night. Fabiola Jazmin Gutierrez Perez is out spending all the money buying her family houses in Europe and Las Vegas shopping at all the most expensive stores that money could buy, and me I bought over 15 homes all over the Mexican republic with all the money I took from the American and his family.

Extortion Ring Leaders We need and want to bring all too afloat for all the members that were lied to all these years by saying that the American owner scammed all the money…

NO we have a team of the best of the best and we will fight to the end and pay off all the government with all the money we took from all you tourist.

I GABRIEL GUADALUPE CLAVEL CARMONA am in charge of the Class act suite as well so don’t think it’s being done right, I paid off the Mexican authorities to illegally deport the old developer and put in jail. This is Mexico and we live off the tourist and keep scamming them all the way home I am saying to the public eye this belaire

city I had fraud the government and came here to Puerto Vallarta and finding out there in my journey through the tourist industry not knowing anything I learned by stealing he company from the American x owner

The Unfolding Mystery by headline report

Pam F.
May 06, 2015

Has anyone any further information?

Gw P.

Last edited by gwp2 on May 06, 2015 06:32 PM

Jul 06, 2015

I too was scammed by Belaire. My contract number 755, bought July 10, 2008. How can I get involved to be compensated for the money I lost. I have been trying for years to find out info and never had any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. Linda J. Knoblock

Linda J.
Jul 06, 2015

On March 6, 2015 my wife and I met with Mr. Rodrigo Cruz at the office in Paradise Village. We had met with him previously with a Mexican lawyer friend of ours in 2013. The lawyer friend knew the Rincon firm in Guadalajara and said they were legit. We had waited until a decision was reached before acting on the class action. We turned over all our original documents which needed to be translated from English (this is the law) and waited.... and waited .... and waited for anything. After all, they have our original papers and we need to pay for the translation.

About 1 1/2 months ago we attended the office again, Mr. Cruz was out but we contacted him by phone. He advised that the defendants did not appeal the decision. I asked if he or Rincon could release information about the process so people would know. He assured he would would contact the Rincon lawyers and request they do so. After about two weeks and nothing, I contacted Mr. Cruz again and again was told he would contact them and have them advise the clients of the present situation. Nothing again, so after another two weeks, I again reminded Mr. Cruz and he again said he would contact them. Well, six weeks later and still nothing telling us whats going on. I don't know where the failure is in the process. Has Mr. Cruz not told the Rincon firm or has Rincon got the message and don't wish to advise us. It's poor communication one way or the other. Regardless, after what most of us have been through with this matter for many years and much money, it only adds to the frustration and doubt that any progress is/has taken place. Please Mr. Cruz or Rincon lawyers, won't you let us know what is going on?!

One last comment: I heard quite recently from a very well placed source, though unsubstantiated, that Jonothan Tommasello - "Coppela's" son who was also active in the deceit and fraud and has escaped prosecution is the one behind the re-opening of the property doing sales again. New name - same scam. I can tell you the property was re-opened having visited it ourselves earlier in the year. How can it be re-opened at all and how can this bandit be involved again?

Gw P.

Last edited by gwp2 on Jul 07, 2015 02:00 AM

Jul 07, 2015

I, too, was scammed and am awaiting any sort of restitution. Is there any way we can form a group (outside of Redweek) to communicate between the victims? I am willing to share my email address if you will message me. I just don't want to lose contact with anyone who appears to be making a little bit of progress. I saddens me and sickens my heart to know there will be more unsuspecting victims of these people. Thank you!

S F.
Jul 08, 2015

I received a call the other day from a Jorge Corona who says that he is a lawyer in Guadalajara and that he would help me recover funds from my ownership in Grand Miramar. He also knew that I had gotten involved in Belaire. I told him that I was happy with Grand Miramar so then he latched on to the Belaire situation as he knew we had purchased there also. I was to sign some paper and fax it to him along with documentation and then he would recover funds for me.

I contacted friends that had been "taken" for over $50,000 when they became involved with a salesman named Richard at Grand Miramar. They said that they had also been contacted and that it a complete scam. Another gentleman named Eric Costello from the same organization in Guadalajara called the next day and I told him what I had learned and that I would not be sending anything and to take my name off the list.

I wrote earlier on this site that I had stopped at the original site of Belaire. I was told that the property had been foreclosed and that someone else had purchased it, not any of family members of Antonio Copella's family. It is hard to believe anything any more. When will it ever end..

The next day Would you believe that a man from Mexico City just called who said that he would like to help me recover funds where I was part of a timeshare scam in Mexico. I asked him where he had gotten my name and he told me that a house in Mexico had been raided and in going over the materials in the house they found my name and that of a timeshare who had taken advantage of me. He is going to send me papers sign, of course. I kept asking him where the money was going to came from but he of course just skirted the issue. La de da! This is getting ridiculous.

Lois J.

Last edited by walacej on Jul 10, 2015 01:10 PM

Jul 19, 2015

Has anyone been contacted by a company supposedly in San Francisco called signature club premier? They have contacted my mother and tell her they can buy her out.

With all the lies and deceit with this venture so far, I a, leery of anyone claiming they can help.

Pam F.
Jul 19, 2015

Do not send any money. There is no Belaire golf resort and spa, so had could you get anyone to buy a bogus contract. We were all scammed and no amount of wishing can change the facts.

George P.
Jul 19, 2015

That's probably the best way to approach it - be leery and do not send any money. Ask them to put the money in your account first, then you'll sign it over at that time and see how eager they are with their money on the line. Stay away from it. As far as Rincon lawyers and Rodrigo go, still no contact from them.

ps: I think when Tony Copella was running his new scam in Punta de Mita, before getting shipped back to the States, he was using a name similar to this - maybe not connected but he was expected out of jail in LA last month.

I just googled the 866 Signature Premier Club number as it sounded familiar and sure enough it pops up on this very site (page 19) as the former Belaire number! The address comes back to some legit hotel in SF , Club Quarters. Sounds like the same thing this scumbag was doing in Punta de Mita- renting space in a hotel and selling from it. Maybe a US resident would like contacting their services to report a possible criminal fraud in process.

Gw P.

Last edited by gwp2 on Jul 19, 2015 09:58 AM

Aug 10, 2015

Who is Lic Carlos Rodriguez Fonseca? I recieved an email from him today asking me to contact him with information regarding victims about time share fraud. Is this yet another ploy to scam us. His email is contact@subprocuraduriagob.mx

Suzanne J.
Aug 10, 2015

suzannej47, under no circumstances should you give out any information about people who have been scammed with regard to timeshares in Mexico. Give out your own information if you wish, BUT DO NOT GIVE OUT ANY INFORMATION ABOUT ANYONE ELSE!!!

suzannej47 wrote:
Who is Lic Carlos Rodriguez Fonseca? I recieved an email from him today asking me to contact him with information regarding victims about time share fraud. Is this yet another ploy to scam us. His email is contact@subprocuraduriagob.mx

Anthony A.
Aug 11, 2015

I also received a phone call and an e-mail from Lic Carlos Rodriguez Fonseca. I also wondered if this is a scam. I googled Subprocuraduria de servicios de Verificacion and it took me directly to the PROFECO site, which is part of the Mexican government. When my husband and I talked to him, it sounded liked he worked for PROFECO. He did not ask for any money. He said that they were able to get 1 million dollars from the developer. I am still leery of anything that comes from Mexico and will continue to investigate before I reply. If you find out anything on this, please contact me at paswan@msn.com

anthonya93 wrote:
suzannej47, under no circumstances should you give out any information about people who have been scammed with regard to timeshares in Mexico. Give out your own information if you wish, BUT DO NOT GIVE OUT ANY INFORMATION ABOUT ANYONE ELSE!!!

suzannej47 wrote:

Patricia S.
Aug 12, 2015

Please keep us informed of any progress.

I emailed Lic Carlos Rodriguez Fonseca at the email noted and am awaiting a response from him. (Just curious what he might have to say.)

God willing, we may one day recoup something from these thieves!

Thanks to all for their diligence in keeping up with this topic.

S F.
Aug 12, 2015

Hope I am wrong but it is just another scam. Next will come instructions on how to pay tax or something similar. These people are very good at what they do. Does anyone really think that a million dollars has been sitting around? I am not a smart man but, if it was me running this scam, I would have long ago moved any and all money overseas or off shore. It is all long gone....time to realize that. Maybe I am wrong...time will tell.

Hal H.
Aug 12, 2015

I would like to know if anyone has heard any more about the class action law suit that was supposed to have taken place? Has any settlement ever taken place with any of the scammed people? Was the class action suit another scam also?

Phyllis G.
Aug 18, 2015

Question for everyone. Did you believe that you bought a 'fractional share' of the Belaire or a 'timeshare' at the Belaire?

My Mom claims she bought a piece of the Belaire and that there were only a limited number sold.

I don't believe anything with this company so wondering about the folks that bought in the contract number in the 1200's what they believe they bought into???

My Mom still thinks she's getting money back from these crooks. Wasting so much time and energy now with a company in San Francisco claiming it can get her $$ back to her. I don't trust or believe them and I don't want her signing anything. Anyone else contacted by http://signatureclubpremierprc.com/ ??

Pam F.
Aug 18, 2015

That is just another scam company. Don't give away any more money. My contract is in the 1200's and I thought the same thing as your mom. I don't expect to ever see another dime back.

Doug H.
Aug 18, 2015

I've been reading all these posts regarding Belaire/Hotel U or what ever other bullshit name that Antonio Copalla has come up with. I too was taken by these guys way back before they even started to build what currently sits on the site. Because I spend about 5 months a year in Mexico and know Lawyers in the area, I took it upon myself to take legal action against Belair/Hotel U as well as Antonio Copalla. I can tell you from first hand experience that you will get nothing from this class action suit. Your Lawyer had several meetings with PROFECO or claimed to have had meetings with them as did my Lawyer. I had the decision by PROFECO translated into English so that I could read the damn thing. It basically says that Belair/Hotel U is guilty and must pay a fine to PROFECO of "X" amount of pesos (I can't remember the amount its been so long now). This ring around the rosie went on for 3 times, each with the same outcome, each time Hotel U/Belaire or Copalla never bothered to show up, each time they were assessed a fine. You can check with your legal council but I don't think PROFECO has the ability to collect these fines. As far as placing a lien on the property, good luck, get in line with all the others who have already placed a lien on the assets. You would be far better off buying lottery tickets, you have a better chance at recouping your money from the lottery than you have getting anything out of this futile effort. The Mexican government will not help any Gringos with these crooks as the crooks pay off the local authorities. If you want revenge with Mr. Copala, I suggest you hire someone in Mexico who takes care of these types of problems "off the record" so to speak. Good luck, but don't hold your breath.

Kevin K.
Aug 18, 2015

This is a portion of my posting on this site July 19/15

"I just googled the 866 Signature Premier Club number as it sounded familiar and sure enough it pops up on this very site (page 19) as the former Belaire number! The address comes back to some legit hotel in SF , Club Quarters. Sounds like the same thing this scumbag was doing in Punta de Mita- renting space in a hotel and selling from it. Maybe a US resident would like contacting their services to report a possible criminal fraud in process.9, 2015."

This should be all your mother needs to know- the shark is looking for more meat.

Gw P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.