Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

Sep 27, 2019

Anyone get a phone call and then email from someone in Mexico purporting to help?

Email address it’s from is mailto:information@ceavgob.org

Email “the purpose of this email is to notify you of an investigation being carried out in order to justify a number of deposits made to banks Acounts to Mexico.

The FIU, (Financial Inteligence Unit) stardted the investigation due to the vulnerability of several accounts with receptions of currencies from differents countries . One of the most important features was the daily extraction of cash and its unstable fluctuation with reception of currencies from different countries with considerable quantities and constant deposits. These deposits among others dating and several bank accounts.

Federal Agency CEAV (Comisión Ejecutiva n Atención a Victimas), inquiry where it is intented to clarity the origin an purpose for wich these deposits were made. pointing to terrorist financing and money laundering. Attached to this email you´ll find a document from the firm and a digital copy of my credential. A prompt response will be appreciated for proper follow up.

God Bless! and have a wonderful day!

Greatly Apreciated

Lic. Xavier Hiram Gamboa Martinez.

Federal Legal Advisor

Cedula number 8028941”

Pam F.
Sep 27, 2019

It's a scam

Steve L.
Sep 27, 2019

That’s my thought as well but my Mom is the one who received it.

Pam F.
Sep 28, 2019

They have been under construction for over 19 years. We invested over $30,000 and a class action lawsuit against them is pending for the many many investors.

Auli A.
Sep 28, 2019

Did they ask you for money to go to court? Have you received any money from these attorneys?

Carolyn T.
Sep 28, 2019

We too are involved in this money scam, my question is for Auli A. Have you adhered to the class action suit also? Have you heard any further details of the proposed settlement date or timeline? We have adhered our case and have a lawyer in PV, but so far nothing has taken place!

Phyllis G.
Jul 21, 2020

I just got the same message but it was signed by j.Lic.Juan Francisco García Santillánust . He didn`t offer much applicable information, just that the firm was going after crooks and aiding victims. SURE!!! He didn`t ask for specific personal information needed to resolve the problem, nor upfront cash. I have never heard of any follow up from the class action suit, after the judge approved the suit. I assume the case is dead.

Malcolm M.
Jul 21, 2020

Our lawyer in PV, tells us there is a 10 year time limit on the class action! That takes it to 2025. Wait and see ,I guess!

Phyllis G.
Aug 12, 2020

Hello everyone,

I bought a timeshare with Playa del Sol before it became Bel Air years ago and am now wanting to get rid of it as my neither my ex-wife nor I want it anymore.

I paid off the loan (a few years ago) and this most recent special assessment (trying to protect my credit as I would like to buy a home in the future).

Have any of you tried selling your timeshare and had much luck?

From my assessment, what I might be able to sell it for versus the various fees for selling it via Redweek and the transfer fee from Bel Air ($250 according to them), I might be able break even. And, honestly, if it meant I didn't have it anymore, I'd consider that a win.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Jeremy V.
Jun 09, 2021

They are still trying. I just got the very same message, word for word, sent by Lic. Ivan Alonso Buez Diaz.

pamf100 wrote:
Anyone get a phone call and then email from someone in Mexico purporting to help?

Email address it’s from is mailto:information@ceavgob.org

Email “the purpose of this email is to notify you of an investigation being carried out in order to justify a number of deposits made to banks Acounts to Mexico.

The FIU, (Financial Inteligence Unit) stardted the investigation due to the vulnerability of several accounts with receptions of currencies from differents countries . One of the most important features was the daily extraction of cash and its unstable fluctuation with reception of currencies from different countries with considerable quantities and constant deposits. These deposits among others dating and several bank accounts.

Federal Agency CEAV (Comisión Ejecutiva n Atención a Victimas), inquiry where it is intented to clarity the origin an purpose for wich these deposits were made. pointing to terrorist financing and money laundering. Attached to this email you´ll find a document from the firm and a digital copy of my credential. A prompt response will be appreciated for proper follow up.

God Bless! and have a wonderful day!

Greatly Apreciated

Lic. Xavier Hiram Gamboa Martinez.

Federal Legal Advisor

Cedula number 8028941”

Malcolm M.
Jun 09, 2021

Total scammers, taking millions from unsuspecting honest people. Richard Bounds is now in Playa Del Carmen still doing the same scams.

Gerry P.
Jun 09, 2021

according to our lawyer in PV there is a 10 year limit to the class action law suit that was filed in Feb, 2015. In the meantime the property has to be sold in order for any settlement to happen. Any on else involved in this class action?

Phyllis G.
Jun 09, 2021

Two completely different places. The scam one is near the airport. Yours is in Nuevo Vallarta. It is now part of the Krystal Grand. Check out TUG Timeshare Owners Group. Three memberships up for sale there, called Krystal Grand / Belair. Two are asking one cent and one is for one dollar, with no takers.....not kidding. We are also owners there and are currently fighting their demand for $1800 special assessment.

Hal H.
Jun 09, 2021

Just a thought....after all these years is their really any hope that money will be refunded? I would think these criminals have long ago hidden the money or spent it. I can't imagine cash is sitting around in a bank waiting for a court to take it and give it back to those who have been scammed.

Hal H.
Jun 10, 2021

My reply on June 9th about Belair and Belaire was directed to Jeremy from a few days ago. Confusing names that people mix up, although I don't have much good to say about either one.

Hal H.
Jun 11, 2021

To all: I have finally washed my hands of the fraud. I kept all of my records and I have a good tax man. Beat regards to all the honest people on the site, we will never see a penny of our money back. I have never invested again in Mexico. dlan603

David E.
Mar 02, 2022

I COULD REALLY USE YOUR HELP! ..I'm not sure of how exactly I'll act or behave, when MY day to meet RICHARD BOUNDS happens for the second time, on my terms! I can think of nothing better than to catch that slimy rotten snake & give him a little of what he's been dishng for years. I was in Cancun for the first time in 2015. I had just had, four days earlier, all of my teeth removed & the abutments placed in my jaws for implants. My head was twice it's normal size and purple! I felt horrible but had agreed to do this tour so I followed thru. I was brought to a bar/restaurant in Playa del Carma where the biggest scum on earth introduced himself to me. I didn't buy timeshare but into a company similar to trivago. So I thought! I should have known bc Richard & I went outside to smoke a cigarette. I was taking a picture of something & he thought I had taken his picture. He totally snapped. I had to show him the photo I had taken to calm him down & his shifty eyes were constantly scanning the horizon. Maybe it was the pain medication but I missed it by 1000 miles! He took me for $30,000. Everything I had. I go back every year to Cancun and always am on the lookout for him. I will never forget his face. I'm going for my annual dentist appt in April 2022. If any of you know his whereabouts I would be forever grateful. I'm also open to suggestions as to what to do him if & when I ever find him!!!! Thk u in advance for any help with this most important matter, to me anyways!

Donata W.
Mar 02, 2022

Unfort. I'm afraid your right! I'm glad it's over for you! Congrats

Donata W.
Mar 03, 2022

Not sure if it is one and the same guy that worked the scam in PV Marina. Went by the name "Michael", his middle name (James Michael CUDA), brother of Antonio Copela (John Aurelia CUDA). "Michael;" was a skinny gay guy with dyed hair and always wore white shoes. Did smoke. I think he is still wanted by the US for the same fraud "Antonio" was arrested and deported for and has since served his sentence. Last heard was out.

Gw P.
Nov 22, 2022

Roger, did you end up getting your money back? Did this resort ever get built even?

Gerry P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.