Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

May 10, 2010

People that have purchased need to take legal action-I can help-please email me and I'll refer you to a lawyer that has already taken action with another project in town-he knows important people-the law is different here-it's all about who you know!

Don't be afraid to take legal action

mjinparadise@hotmail.com

Irene S.
May 11, 2010

We purchased a month in 2007 and were told to open a llc. mr capela owns the quote belaire but through his son. his wife owns the ladies store in the marina. we were very lucky because as soon as we got home after giving them our time share we called and after personally speaking with mr. capela he resinded our contract, we got our time share back and we would never again purchase anything in mexico. the profemo office is being probably paid off by mr. capela's group. nothing has happened to that quote resort since we were there 3 years ago. we were also told his reputation was questionable by people at our time share and we did not listen because TONY'S DEAL WAS SO ENTICING. WHEN EVER ANYTHING IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT USUALLY IS NOT TRUE. I WOULD DEFINATELY CONTACT YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANIES AND TRY TO GET ALL OF YOUR TIMESHARES BACK. THIS RESORT I AM CONVINCED IS A TOTAL SHAM.....

Patricia T.
May 12, 2010

We went in on a special offer.Wow what a mistake.We went to listen to what they had to say.Sounded to good to be true,(that should of been a clue.)But after many drinks with them they sold us.They let me pick any hand bag I wanted,Which ended up to be a( knock off designer bag.) When we return to our hotel we knew we needed to get out of this.First we called visa,then we put somthing in writing to cancel,we then faxed it from the hotel & also went by there place and dropped it off.We really did not think we may get out.My husband & I had the worst vacation ever.He never will go back to Mexico.Good news is visa looked into this.They notify us we would not be charged.The other good news is we never heard a word from the so called Belaire Resort.Thank God.

Toni S.
May 12, 2010

HI EVERYONE, MY NAME IS JAVIER MACHAIN I AM A NEWS REPORTER, I WORK IN VALLARTAOPINA NEWSPAPER (www.vallartaopina.net) OR (www.vallartatoday.com).I'VE BEEN RESEARCHING ABOUT THIS PROBLEM IN THE WEB, AND I HAVE REALIZED THAT THERE IS A LOT OF PEOPLE WORRIED ABOUT THIS. I WANT TO HELP YOU, SOMEBODY TOLD ME THAT THERE'S GOING TO BE A MEETING IN A PLACE CALLED "CASA CORAZON" ON MAY 20. IS SUPOSE THAT THE PEOPLE AFFECTED IS GOING TO BE THERE TALKING ABOUT WHAT KIND OF MEASURE IS GOING TO BE TAKEN. I WILL BE IN TOUCH IN A FEW DAYS AGAIN, IF ANYONE WANT TO MAIL ME SOMETHING, DO IT, I'LL BE AT YOUR SERVICE AT: javiermachain@gmail.com

I AM COLLECTING SOME TESTIMONIALS TO BE PUBLISHED.

Javier I.

Last edited by javieri3 on May 12, 2010 04:57 PM

May 13, 2010

YESTERDAY I TOOK SOME PICS OF THE BUILDING, FOR THOSE WHO HASN'T BEEN IN VALLARTA FOR A WHILE, HERE I LEFT THIS. JUST GO IN THE LINK BELOW

http://machainlodehoy.blogspot.com/2010/05/blog-post.html

Javier I.

Last edited by javieri3 on May 13, 2010 05:33 PM

May 13, 2010

Those pictures shows the sales room and the entrance! There's no improvement-this is a scam! I live here in PV and know EVERYONE in the business-we all know those guys running this scam need to be put in jail- BE AWARE this place is a scam

Irene S.
May 14, 2010

We also purchased in 2007,a studio unit.We were promised we would be able to use it within a year but clearly this was a lie. I agree that we all need to get together and force these crooks to give us our money back.This brings Mexican tourism into disrepute .Profeco needs to step in as enough complaints have been lodged against Belaire if they are serious about protecting the industry.Unfortunately it's too late to reverse our credit card transaction.We sold our Marriot time share which we enjoyed using,only to buy into this scam!!!For a while ive been cautiously optimistic but now all hope is lost...unless something drastic is done. If any of you would like to link up for legal action,count me in.My e-mail is davidkazhila@bellnet.ca.

D K.
May 14, 2010

We purchased in February 2010, we have a timeshare in Fort Lauderdale, Belaire said they could sell the property through Corporate Vacation Management and Plantinum Escrow would look after the closing. We got a guarantee price and closing 60 to 90 days. We paid them transfer fees and in 90 days they wanted another 19% taxes for the sale of the property which they said was new. Of course we never paid and they are not taking our calls. Has anyone else gone through CVM and Platinum? Have we been scammed twice? Do we lose our heads when we go on vacation? What is the time line to cancel with Visa? Tkx Gerald Belitski Calgary

Gerald B.
May 15, 2010

Hi there fellow Albertan,

I have the same serious concern and I am trying to get as many as our co-purchasers are to communicate each other. My email address is: rlcaluttung@shaw.ca

Ramon C.
May 18, 2010

Boughttoday, will try to back out tomorrow. Can I get credit card co to stop charges? Will go out there, expect trouble. They call themselves theluxuryexperienceprc now, but same group I suppose? Any advice?

John P.
May 18, 2010

Bought yesterday have 5 days to rescind, calling credit card company to stop payment. It was too good to be true but happy to stumble into this website.

Victoria R.
May 18, 2010

We have had a similar problem with CVM and Platinum Escrow Service. We paid the sales commission upfront as they demanded but have refused to pay the closing costs up front. Now no one returns our emails or phone calls, I have a feeling that they are tied in with Belaire. They have worked out another way to get money illegally. We feel we have been scammed. Let us know what you proposed to do, if anything. Neal & Jacquie

Neal H.
May 19, 2010

Got money back today, mostly. Two day after buying. Went back to office with Rescind letter. They said no,finally said we could have our two time shares back. we said and money. They said no, that we had taken a benefit which precluded refunding money. They produced a letter that we had signed saying by our giving them four future weeks back for $8000 discount we had received a benefit and we forfeited the 5 day rescind period. Neither one of us had ever seen the letter, even though our signatures were on it. We had no copy, theirs was a copy, I asked to see the original. She went to look for it, came back and said we could have our money back, but they would keep the closing cost as administrative cost. We said okay. They had obviously cut and pasted the signatures and had no original. We have a letter they signed rescinding the contract and promising to refund our credit card. Will still call credit card company again. Not too nasty, but they tried. Guess we have lost the closing cost fee, but will chargeitupto my stupidity and I,m afraid greed,trying to get something that was too good to betrue. We were fortunate, thanks so much for the website and all the info. God bless the Internet and my iPad.

John P.
May 19, 2010

They cannot keep the closing fees! It is illegal and they are lying to you if they are telling you otherwise. Request fom your credit card company refund of all costs to Bellaire. We had all of our money refunded, including the closing costs. Profeco as well as the Consulate advised us that the closing costs fees are just a joke and are totally refunded. Don't let them keep a dime. Good luck and so glad you got out of this horrific and shameless scam.

Brian F.
May 20, 2010

We bought on November 19th but immediately (within 5 days) wrote both Belaire & PROFECO to cancel our contract, delivering both letters & documentation by registered delivery for proof of cancellation date . We notified American Express, who put a hold on the charges. Belaire responded, saying they would cancel all but the 'closing cost'. In their email they referred to the cost as a penalty, which is expressly prohibited by Mexican law. PROFECO got involved, & a meeting between their lawyers was eventually held on March 22nd (nothing ever happens very quickly in Mexico, but we love the country, anyway). Belaire agreed verbally to cancel the contract & all charges & has made no effort to charge us again. However, we have yet to receive anything in writing confirming the cancellation. It all seems to be over, but it's certainly tried our patience. We're very happy that we moved so quickly on this & feel empathy for those who didn't get out in time.

Michael S.
May 20, 2010

We successfully canceled our contract with Belaire & got all of our money back via American Express. This is largely due to our moving fast, within the 5-day cancellation period & due to the fact that we documented everything so fully. However, we would be happy to be quoted for the newspaper if desired (también hablo & escribo en español, si prefieres). PROFECO contacted us today after a meeting with Belaire to confirm that Belaire still owes us a letter confirming the cancellation. Otherwise, we are done with this. Too bad, because we love Mexico & own a timeshare elsewhere with no such complications.

Michael S.
May 20, 2010

We bought just before you, November 5th. Like you, we cancelled within the 5 days and got every dime refunded by our credit card company. We have yet to get any final notice of cancellation from Belaire either, but we have excellent documentation and worked with both Profeco and the American Consulate. I would advise anyone who is having difficulty to also contact the American Consulate in P.V. they were excellent with us and sent all our information to the Mexican Consulate in Mexico City.

Brian F.
May 20, 2010

Hello Everyone, I Hope Everything Is Ok.

Well, In These Days As I Told You, I Have Been Researching About This Situation. After Posting Some Pictures Of The Bulding I Went To The Agency That Gives The Permits (obras Públicas) And Everything Is Ok With The Paperwork Stuff They (belaire) Have All In Order, At The Moment.

Here Comes The Bad News. I Was Searching About Antonio Copela In The Web And I There Is An Antecedent From September 9 2009. This Note Was Published In Vallarta Opina (at This Moment I Still Was Studing My Carrer). I Will Resume You The Note

" There Were Two People Under Arrest, One Of Them Is Daniel Niño Chavarin (he Is Married With A Copela's Daughter) And He Participate In The Collection Of 120,000 Usd From A Extortion Made To José De Jesus Carranza (an Architec), It Is Supose That This Architec Failed On The Construction Of Two Condominiums That Was Planed To Be Rised On Albatros Street In Marina Vallarta". The Note Doesn't Mention The Name Proyect, But I Think That They Was Refering To Belaire. The Question Here Is, This Action Was Planed By Copela? I Can't Ensure That, But By The Testimonials That Many Members Talk About The Way How Copela Treated Them, It Is Possible.

I Talked With A Construction Agent From The Company That Was Working On The Building, They Were Doing The Parking Basement. And They Stopped Working About A Year 1/2 Ago, By The Lack Of Payment. The Company Later Was Aware Of The Tricky Way To Work Of Antonio Copela And The Engineer Clavel (they Start With Payment On Time, But As The Work Continous They Get Delayed, Until They Stop Paying), This Has Happened Several Times During The Construction, The Agent Told Me That This Wasn't The First Time That They Do This. This Is Like The 2nd Or 3rd Construction Company That Have Problems With Belaire.

At The Moment They Still Owe Money To The Construction Company And They Have A Lawsuit With Them. Demanding The Payment That Belaire Owes To Them.

Am Wating For A Phone Call Of The Person Who Is In Charge Of The Situation, Because This Company Have Their Headquarters In Mexico City. So Ill Be In Touch Soon.

I Haven't Published Anything Yet, Am Still Researching Trying To Get More Info. I'll Let You Know When Is Coming Out.

This Proyect Have Some Serius Problems, But I Belive That You Can Do Something To Get Back Your Money if you want it. Am Really Sorry About This, I Hope That Sooner This Ends With A Good Solution For All Of You.

And I Am Really Impressed By The Lack Of Comunication Between The Company And Their Costumers, This Is Unacceptable.

Have A Good Day.

P.d. Sorry If I Miss Or Mix Some Words In My Writing.

Javier I.
May 21, 2010

Is it too late for me to get my money back? I bought in Feb. 2007. Why hasn't someone from Mexico shut them down?

Terence W.
May 21, 2010

I suspect that the Mexican government hasn't shut them down because Belaire is narrowly skirting the law - unethical & guilty of commercial infractions, like failing to pay their contractors & trying to collect illegal 'penalties' from buyers, but otherwise not doing much more than similar American companies have done. We find them all despicable & would love to see them be punished somehow. Yet, I still feel empathy for those buyers who would lose everything if Belaire declares bankrupcy.

Michael S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.