Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

belaire golf resort and spa

Jul 28, 2010

Hi Darlene,

Below is the email address of PROFECO. You can send your message, concern or issues with them specially about Belaire in English.

Have you bought a unit of Belaire like myself and others? If you wish to be part of our network group please send me more info.

My email: rlcaluttung@shaw.ca

PROFECO Conciliacion a Extranjeros <extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx>

Ramon C.
Jul 29, 2010

Interesting (but not too surprising) - it appears that Belaire is monitoring this topic. Laura Peña, who wrote the note about the cameras being down during the rainy season, was the Belaire staff member in Pto. Vallarta who signed our contract back in November!

Michael S.
Jul 30, 2010

I called there yesterday and they answered with a new name> At first she told me it was sold. But when i asked if Antonoio was still there she said yes. So.all they have done is change their name.She said it was to improve their image. What a crock!!!!!!!!! They now have someone calling owners who express an interest in the 2 year buy back and they are supposed to help you sell your membership for a 10% upfront transfer fee . Their line is "pay us the money up front and in 10 days you will get a check"I have heard that several times b4. How can they sell a membership of a resort that doesnot exist.I hope none of the members fall for this one and loose more money.Their new name is U Vallarta.

Richard K.

Last edited by richard211 on Jul 30, 2010 01:05 PM

Jul 31, 2010

does anyone have the exact name of new company--is Laura still there???--are they buying back any of the contracts--i bought 4 years ago

Leonard K.
Aug 02, 2010

Found it interesting that owners are being approached to sell back Belaire timeshares to unknown company. Has someone(Richard) actually been approached to sell their property? How do you know that this was not legitimate? Wondering if anyone has successfully resold their Belaire property and if so what were the terms. Has anyone lost money trying to resell property and what were the circumstances. Any information is appreciated.

Sue R.
Aug 02, 2010

Our friends who own received a call last Thursday. They had sent Laura Pena an email requesting. The Belaire honor their buy back agreement.This outfit in Las Vegas called them and told them Laura referred their name.The catch is they want 10 percent upfront for the transfer fee.We also own but have not yet made that request.As of today we know of no one else who has Been contacted.Perhaps this forum will help us determine if they are legit or not.

Richard K.
Aug 03, 2010

Hello,

I am one of the unfortunate individuals who bought into this fiasco and have been in contact with other buyers. If you wish to connect with our network group, my email is: rlcaluttung@shaw.ca.

Ramon C.
Aug 03, 2010

I am one of the unfortunate individuals who bought into this fiasco and have been in contact with other buyers. If you wish to connect with our network group, my email is: rlcaluttung@shaw.ca.

Ramon C.
Aug 04, 2010

Our experience with these resale agenties are that they take your money and never do sell your timeshare. We have lost a lot of money trying to do this. It is most often another scam. I feel bad that most of you have not used Profeco before your first year was up. It also took us seven months to get most of our money back but we are going to get it. Just finalizing the details. Are we relieved, and what an experience we don't wish to involved in any time soon. The best to you all!!

Janet C.
Aug 04, 2010

There is a U Resorts that own luxuary resorts in Viet Nam, Thailand and India. This might actually be a good thing if it is true. I have sent an email to their corporate offices to see if they respond. Jim

James H.

Last edited by jamesh720 on Aug 04, 2010 03:54 PM

Aug 05, 2010

TO ALL BELAIRE OWNERS!

I had the same telephone conversation with that fellow named, MARCO HIGHTOWER, who claim to work for U Vallarta or U Hotels yesterday afternoon.

First of all, he left a couple of messages in my answering machine about the Buy Back on Belaire and I did return his messages. His secretary anwered and told me Marco was busy on the phone and to call me back within 5 minutes. Before I hang up the phone, I asked his secretary what is the name of their company and the address. Yes, he said their company is from Las Vegas.

Marco didn't return my call within 5 minutes but called me a day after which is yesterday.

Here is the scoop!

He informed me that his company bought Belaire and explained their future development plans to finish Belaire. That their company are in the process of calling owners of Belaire to offer respectively the Buy-Back option or maintain their investment and wait for the completion of Belaire.

When it came to the subject regarding the Buy Back, option, he asked and insisted a 10% up front claiming charges for transfer fee, taxes etc. HE EVEN BRAG ABOUT FLYING TO MY PLACE AFTER 45 DAYS TO DELIVER THE BUY BACK CHEQUE. THIS IS WHERE I ACKNOWLEDGED TO HIM POINT BLANK THE FOLLOWING: 1. In all my dealings with Real Estates, I have never paid an up front money to the seller nor collect any up front fee when selling a property, therefore, there is no way I will give you any up front amount. TAKE THAT 10% OFF FROM YOUR OFFER BUY BACK PURCHASE AND SEND ME THE BALANCE AMOUNT. If you are indeed, legitimate and honest, you would do that and forward me the document to complete the Buy Back deal. Better yet, I can fly to Las Vegas anytime that my money is ready.

2. If you insist not taking off the 10% from the Buy Back amount you offer then, I can accomodate that option by placing in trust the 10% to my lawyer and my lawyer will hold that amount until you are ready to pay me the Buy Back amount thru a certified cheque or bank draft. My lawyer will deal with your company lawyer.

I further said to him, NOW, IF YOU ARE INDEED TRUE AND LEGITIMATE, FORWARD ME THE BUY BACK DOCUMENT SO MY LAWYER CAN REVIEW IT. I THEN FOLLOWED IT UP TELLING HIM THAT, YOU DON'T NEED TO FLY TO MY PLACE, MY LAWYER AND I CAN FLY TO LAS VEGAS ANYTIME TO FINALIZE THE TRANSACTION AND HAVE MY MONEY BACK.

I further reiterated to this Marco Highttower that, IN NO WAY I AM GOING TO GIVE ANY AMOUNT TO AN INDIVIDUAL LIKE YOU TALKING THROUGH THE PHONE THE FIRST TIME AND REPRESENTING A COMPANY THAT I DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHERE THEY COME FROM!

I have other message to him through our telephone conversating, informing him about my niece and her husband being both lawyers in Mexico who can fly anytime to Puerto Vallarta to finalize the Buy Back deal.

He said, with a crackling voice, I will email you this afternoon the Documents. UP TO THIS WRITING, I HAVE NOT RECEIVE ANY DOCUMENT.

TO ALL FELLOW UNFORTUNATE BUYERS OF BELAIRE UNITS, please do not fall on this another type of scheming tactic.

We are trying to connect with all other Belaire owners. Please contact me at: rlcaluttung@shaw.ca

Ramon C.
Aug 11, 2010

My contract is #593 with Belaire Resort, this company is a legitimet company. Mr. Hightower is trying to help everyone redeem their money, I have done my homework and they are an honest company. If you have any other question feel free to contact me. My email address is rmathew65@hotmail.com

Thank heavens for Mr. Hightower

Richard M.

Last edited by richardm693 on Aug 11, 2010 01:20 PM

Aug 11, 2010

Several people have emailed U resorts and they deny any association with the Belaire. I won,t believe any of this buyback business until someone I personally know has received their money.There are over 100 businesses listed at Michael Hightowers address in Las Vegas none of which is his business name.You have to wonder.

Richard K.
Aug 11, 2010

I wouldn't believe a word anyone said that has any association with Belaire. Keep safe and keep your money. I cannot believe this company continues to rip people off for every dang last dime people will give them. It is a scam, a total and absolute scam. They do not care about any of us and will take whatever we give them. Many smart people on this blog, keep smart.

Brian F.
Aug 11, 2010

Belaire referred us to Corporate Vacation Management and Platinum Escrow Service to sell our Florida Time share with a gurantee of $8700.00. We gave the $6300.00 for transfer fee (scammed). We bought Belaire $25,000.00 nothing built (scammed) now Hightower you got to be kidding. You send him your money, and send us the documents where you paid and got the money back. Gerry

Gerald B.
Aug 24, 2010

I am also a "Diamond" member of Belaire - bought in june 2007 and am interested in any class action suit available. Plz contact me. L. Tack

LyDIA G.
Aug 24, 2010

Lydia Contact rlcaluttung@shaw.ca.

Lois J.
Aug 25, 2010

My Wife and I both agree that the 10% fee for the sellout we paid has to be done. We are thankfull that this company is doing their best to help us with our buy-back. we will give this new company a chance.

Jerry S.
Aug 25, 2010

Please let the rest of us that have been scammed know how you make out----------giving them more money?

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melva P.
Aug 25, 2010

You either work for the company or you are a total idiot. Do what you want to do but please don't try and convince all these other people to be scammed any further. I laughed out loud the minute I heard the name Hightower. That is a joke in itself. As somebody else stated. If they want 10% take it off the top. PLEASE PEOPLE. DON'T GIVE THESE CROOKS ANYMORE MONEY. If you do you are asking for whatever you get and admiting to your own stupidity.

Joanne L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.