belaire golf resort and spa

Forum: Hotel Bel-Air Puerto Vallarta

page 52 of 52

«  prev page   1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52   next page  »

Message Author

By davide470

Yes, it sad to say but they are back with the same old scan. I get calls on my home phone then on my cell phone. They are using the internet to call because the area codes are always different. Sometimes i see Mexico numbers and sometimes it will be an area code from different states. I don't know how they got all of the information but they do know pretty much about everything. They want to transfer money into my account as long as I sent the exchange rate about $1875.00. I waste a little of my time and theirs by going along with the story and keeping asking questions. They get a little upset then hang up or i hang up first. I agree with the post above, I am never sending or investing money in Mexico again!!

1 month ago
Jul 10, 2018

By hovhannesa

Very sad. That is a big lesson, a hard lesson not to trust anyone even in the US unless it is supported by a normal legit corporation/institution.

Avatar for hovhannesa hovhannesa

1 month ago
Jul 10, 2018

By walacej

No way was I going to send these people money or get involved in any way with the Mexican sounding man who is going "to get my money back". I want to relate more to the story of Belaire. After we found out that things were not moving along so well at Belaire, my husband and I got involved in another timeshare called Grand Miramar. Some of you may remember that when we returned the next year the people at Belaire told us that while Belaire was being built it would be possible to use the facilities at Grand Miramar, which never happened.

In 2009 we got involved at Grand Miramar. At that time they did have units built. Many timeshares were sold in 2009 and 2010. Just after that an Englishman named Richard Bounds got involved in the sales department. He and his crew sold Grand Miramar as a vacation club and proceeded to steal as much as possible from the purchasers. Last January the owners threw them out as he was causing too many problems, I am not sure how many units he did sell but when I was there in February, 2017 he had sold more than several units and with the promise among other things that he would sell their other timeshares and etc,etc.which of course he didn't Of the original persons that purchased back in 2009-10 very few are left. Two years ago I spoke to one the the Head Guys and he told me that there were only 40-50 owners left. This year two or three of the original group said that they were not coming back ever again.

I wanted to tell all that had purchased in the last few years to get out now, but Richard was so conveniencing and I was afraid that they would come after me, so I just kinda warned them. Trying to get them to back out was fruitless. I worry all the time that they could say my contract is not valid and out I would go also. I was there 5 weeks this year and only 6 units were being used as a timeshare and all were the original owners like myself. All the rest of the units were being used as a high end hotel rental. They have spent a lot of money expanding the spa area but I just go downtown for a fraction of the cost. The owner has made a deal with a local college and young people are being assigned to on the job training jobs so the owner has eliminated many employees. The owners are Senor and Senora Gomez from Mexico City.

I will be returning next February for 4 weeks and after that I feel I was able to recover my original investment. I do love the place as it is beautiful way up in the mountains as the rooms etc overlook the entire Bandaras Bay. I hope this sheds more light on the timeshares problem in Mexico. Until the Mexican government helps they will all just continue on with their scams. And I do not see that happening very soon.

1 month ago
Jul 10, 2018

Message deleted.

Avatar for sheilal160 sheilal160

4 weeks ago
Jul 18, 2018

Message deleted.

4 weeks ago
Jul 18, 2018

By sheilal160

I also have received many calls saying the government is going to return our money also they want a fee or commission for the bank to send the money. They have an email with the name susana morales and the guy with the pictures has a linked in account is this the same info you got I was getting wary of the whole thing so is this another scam please respond as this is going on 12 years for us and we are so tired of getting our hopes up for nothing

4 weeks ago
Jul 18, 2018

By vickiel54

When did you purchase this. What year....It don’t exist

4 weeks ago
Jul 18, 2018

By vickiel54

Lick your wounds lost a lot of money... very sad take advantage of tourists who come every year

4 weeks ago
Jul 18, 2018

By vickiel54

No one will see any money

4 weeks ago
Jul 18, 2018

By vickiel54

Very hard Lesson learned

4 weeks ago
Jul 18, 2018

page 52 of 52

«  prev page   1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52   next page  »

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests and Members
Sign in or register for free