General Discussion

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

Jul 16, 2019

michaels1875 wrote:
My advice if you are reading this in advance of listing with Sell My Timeshare Now is "don't do it".

That has been pretty much seen and preached throughout this thread. Sell My Timeshare Now is a very expensive listing service. An owner can list his unit for rent or sale for much, much less on Redweek and other sites such as E-Bay, My Resort Network, or Timeshare Users Group.

Lance C.
Jul 16, 2019

Michaels is right . . . it is unfortunate that greed is sometimes rewarded. We can hope for karma.

Bill S.
Jul 16, 2019

And it hard to sugar coat SMTN!!!

Laura K.
Aug 07, 2019

I contacted yhe BBB nothing was done. SMTN contacted me and said i didbt reach out to them. They are diing nothing wrong. Im so irratated by this. I need to get this sold been almost a year. I will post anywhere i can to warn people.

Deborah F.
Aug 07, 2019

Please do not let this company take advantage of you. they are evil and make a profit off of retired people and people who are in need of selling their timeshares.

I was in this situation. the company has a contract that allows them to place one ad and collect your large fee. it is nearly impossible to get your money back and they don't have to do anything.

I needed to sell my 10 timeshares to end my very high maintenance fees at Marriott ski condos in Colorado. the fees were extreme due to snow removal, bus service, etc. the only way out for me was to persuade the Marriott association to take my properties back for free. I signed quick claim deeds. thankfully, this is all behind me.

please don't trust this company. their legal contracts will always win out. you will probably not succeed in selling your condos with this company.

I want to put all of this in the past, but I wrote this reply hoping to help a few retired people like myself.

Esther D.
Aug 07, 2019

I tried to dispute the charges with Chase credit card as fraud. I said they misrepresented themselves, because they made me believe that they will sell it, The video they made me watch shows they have a marketing department. But after I paid and signed up, they gave me the contract and it says that pretty much I'm on my own. Chase would not credit me back the money, because of that contract, and because months have passed; it was back in Feb. However, your credit card company may be different. You can try, or threaten SMTN that you will report them in BBB.

Kay B.
Aug 07, 2019

deborahf263 wrote:
I contacted yhe BBB nothing was done. SMTN contacted me and said i didbt reach out to them. They are diing nothing wrong. Im so irratated by this. I need to get this sold been almost a year. I will post anywhere i can to warn people.

Contacting the BBB accomplishes very little other than allowing you to vent. It has no power or authority to prosecute or fine any company that might have fleeced you. All reporting to and filing a complaint with the BBB does is allows others to see that this company is not worth its weight in salt.

Are you still trying to sell your timeshare? If so, then there are other steps to take and none of them involve using the listing service of SMTN. The only way I would use SMTN if I were in your shoes would be, if you've already paid them for their listing service, to adjust the selling price to $1 and, if you're really intent on selling/getting rid of your timeshare, offering to pay closing costs. However, I don't know if SMTN will allow that. From the reports I've heard (you might want to check your contract agreement with SMTN if it's still valid), SMTN will not allow owners to list their units for that low of a price.

Lance C.
Aug 12, 2019

Thank you for all of your help..

Son E.

Last edited by sone2 on Aug 17, 2019 05:19 AM

Aug 13, 2019

They stole $1500 from me. SMTN is a scam and should be put out of business. A bunch of thieves!

The worst company out there and should be put out of business.

Michael J M.
Aug 13, 2019

Right you are Michael,

May SMTN rot in hell. May karma repay every act of embezzlement. May the authorities discover ways to castrate these shameless swine.

Bill S.
Aug 13, 2019

These bottom feeders took me for $5000. They didn’t even produce a contract until after the cancellation period had expired. I had my attorney send them a letter threatening litigation and they made a refund offer of half. Just FYI.

Janice B.
Aug 29, 2019

I would like to get involved with whatever it takes to see that this company returns all fees paid to the respected people who were fraudulently led to believe they would sell their timeshares. What can I do as a victim of this fraud?

Lynn G.
Aug 29, 2019

Jason you may be growing g but your company ripped me.off of $1600..your company is a scam!

It's that simple!

Michael J M.
Aug 29, 2019

lynng294 wrote:
What can I do as a victim of this fraud?

You can report this to the Florida Attorney-general.

Lance C.
Aug 30, 2019

FLORIDA ATTORNEY GENERAL info found online? any particular person or attention addressed to? i don't want it to just be tossed to the side. ya know?

Lynn G.
Aug 30, 2019

Michael, is there also a separate forum that people can connect to discuss this with one another in more detail besides this open one?

Lynn G.
Aug 30, 2019

lynng294 wrote:
FLORIDA ATTORNEY GENERAL info found online? any particular person or attention addressed to? i don't want it to just be tossed to the side. ya know?

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/email-list-of-all-state-attorney-generals-offices-and-or-related-contacts.102785/

Lance C.
Aug 30, 2019

We were able to obtain refunds for members from SMTN. The reason was because they were giving real estate advice without a real estate license by advising a price was good. Just complaining to the FL AG does not help unless you report real estate advice being given without a real estate license.

Irene P.
Sep 01, 2019

How can I do this? what does FLAG means? I'm willing to do whatever it takes to bring down those bastards. Please advice. Thank you

Ricardo G.
Sep 01, 2019

ricardog48 wrote:
How can I do this? what does FLAG means? I'm willing to do whatever it takes to bring down those bastards.

FL A-g is Florida Attorney-General. I put a link in my above post where you can file a complaint on line. Just be careful with your determination. Sometimes people with such determination do radical things that are not productive. Some go seeking law firms that just take the complainants for granted.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.