General Discussion

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

Sep 02, 2019

thank you

Ricardo G.
Sep 08, 2019

SMTN has refunded people who report them for functioning as a real estate agent without a license. In the case of those who received a refund, they were told things like "$14,000 sounds good" for a timeshare known to have no secondary market value. They are acting as a real estate agent without a license when they advise a listing price. File with DBPR Florida's Department of Business and Professional Regulation. That's the division that regulates timeshare. The AG will just refer you to them. All they have done for timeshare members is spit out a "Verbal representations are hard to prove letter" but they are all on board for shutting down scam exit schemes, so you have a better chance against SMTN.

Irene P.
Oct 08, 2019

I'm replying directly to Mr. Jason Tremblay - I would like to challenge you personally sir to follow up on this reply. Please check your internal records and you will find that we paid $2,000.00 to list our timeshare with SellmytimeshareNow.com.

We've reduced our listed price several times over the year down to $15,999.

Our Ad id # 100210618 can be viewed by anyone on your site, as well as by the millions of other viewers to your site.

As part of the transition package offered to us, we were directed to your company by the timeshare group attempting to sign us onto a new membership contract. They told us that we could either pay a lower fee $950.00 to list our old timeshare with you, without any participation in the sales proceeds; or we could pay a higher fee $2,000.00 up front, in order to receive 100% of any sales proceeds. We chose the 2nd option, only after asking about your company's motivation to sell on our behalf once you've already received your $2,000.00 fee. We were verbally assured that your company would make every effort to sell our timeshare as soon as possible. As of today, you've been paid and we've had no contact from anyone at your company.

Therefore Jason, I am personally challenging you, and your entire company of resources there at SellmytimeshareNow.com to find me one legitimate offer or buyer for my listed timeshare. FYI, our timeshare is current, no delinquencies, and the maintenance fees are $761.00 annually which will be paid in November for the next year 2020.

I look forward to your reply sir.

Cal B.
Oct 08, 2019

How could I have been such a sucker for this SCAM? They have no intention of selling my timeshare. They have priced both of my Marriott Timeshares far above of what I think they are worth. The whole idea is to keep us on the hook for more money. So sad there is no recourse but to accept being bilked out of $4,000. I'm a retired Widower on a fixed income and thought this would help me stay in my home by getting out of paying maintenance fees and cash in my pocket. My dreams of this happening have been shattered. There needs to be a National Expose on this fraudulent company. Florida needs to crack down and put them out of business.

Michael S.
Oct 09, 2019

I am with all of you. Has anyone contacted an attorney about any options? I was considering that next.

Lynn G.
Oct 09, 2019

Irene. May i talk with you further about how you went about doing this?

irenep59 wrote:
We were able to obtain refunds for members from SMTN. The reason was because they were giving real estate advice without a real estate license by advising a price was good. Just complaining to the FL AG does not help unless you report real estate advice being given without a real estate license.

Lynn G.
Oct 09, 2019

Ricardo. Please advise We all must gather and take this scam down as a group if possible. Is anyone willing to somehow start a separate private forum to work together?

ricardog48 wrote:
How can I do this? what does FLAG means? I'm willing to do whatever it takes to bring down those bastards. Please advice. Thank you

Lynn G.
Oct 09, 2019

Cal B. I hope you receive the attention from Jason. However I too have been a victim of this fraud and am looking for a group of same people who can work together and find a way to get our refunds. Irene P said she had received a refund however I am still not sure exactly how. Any comments?

calb15 wrote:
I'm replying directly to Mr. Jason Tremblay - I would like to challenge you personally sir to follow up on this reply. Please check your internal records and you will find that we paid $2,000.00 to list our timeshare with SellmytimeshareNow.com.

We've reduced our listed price several times over the year down to $15,999.

Our Ad id # 100210618 can be viewed by anyone on your site, as well as by the millions of other viewers to your site.

As part of the transition package offered to us, we were directed to your company by the timeshare group attempting to sign us onto a new membership contract. They told us that we could either pay a lower fee $950.00 to list our old timeshare with you, without any participation in the sales proceeds; or we could pay a higher fee $2,000.00 up front, in order to receive 100% of any sales proceeds. We chose the 2nd option, only after asking about your company's motivation to sell on our behalf once you've already received your $2,000.00 fee. We were verbally assured that your company would make every effort to sell our timeshare as soon as possible. As of today, you've been paid and we've had no contact from anyone at your company.

Therefore Jason, I am personally challenging you, and your entire company of resources there at SellmytimeshareNow.com to find me one legitimate offer or buyer for my listed timeshare. FYI, our timeshare is current, no delinquencies, and the maintenance fees are $761.00 annually which will be paid in November for the next year 2020.

I look forward to your reply sir.

Lynn G.

Last edited by phyl21 on Oct 10, 2019 02:20 PM

Oct 09, 2019

NEVER paqy anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!!

Don P.
Oct 09, 2019

Hi Lynn G., thanks for your kind words. I'm perfectly happy with how I got out of my timeshare with Vidanta in Nuevo Vallarta. My exit was quick and final.

Cal B.

Last edited by phyl21 on Oct 10, 2019 02:23 PM

Oct 09, 2019

Lynn G. once you get to the point of recognizing that money you've already voluntarily paid to them is lost, then you'll be in the position of researching the best way to sever your contract obligations with them.

Cal B.
Oct 09, 2019

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract . What do you know about these SCAMMERS that " heard about " on the internet . What are their real names and their criminal histories . Some are so brazen they keep violating the rules to push their SCAM .If they have to violate rules then you know it's a SCAM !!!

Don P.

Last edited by phyl21 on Oct 10, 2019 02:22 PM

Oct 09, 2019

Juan G. My experience with SellMyTimeShareNow.com is that they celebrate in their offices every time they get a new listing from someone who pays extra with the hope of getting 100% of the sales proceeds.

As you recall, you had 2 choices either pay a small amount for your new timeshare company to buy your old timeshare, or you can pay SMTN a higher amount with their claim that you will be able to get back 100% of the value of your old timeshare. The scam is between your new timeshare and SMTN. They claim not to be associated to one another, but given the millions of listings on SMTN, which are fed to them by your timeshare company, you don't have to go behind the veil to see something fishy is going on every single day.

FYI, since you are required to continue paying your maintenance fees until it's sold, you're effectively just helping the overall economy of Mexico. Which is not bad, if that was your original intention.

Cal B.
Oct 10, 2019

I file a formal complaint with the Attorney General in Florida about these scammers and their fraudulent active,

DON'T USE THESE BUMS, They are thieves and should be in jail

Michael J M.
Oct 12, 2019

@Cal B I feel your pain. We fell for the lies as well. I just wanted to let you know that the Jason Tremblay "CEO" of SellMyTimeShareNow.com has moved on (and some time ago). What's interesting to me is that when you read his current website bio https://seychellemedia.com/about/jason-tremblay/ he mentions that he "identified a gaping unfilled need in the timeshare industry and launched SellMyTimeshareNOW.com, VacationOwnership.com and other related brands and that his accomplishments with "the company achieved over 30 million organic website visitors, $100M in annual revenue".

Organic website visitors = hits to his website NOT offers or, more importantly sales as his representatives verbally claim and lead prospective "clients" to believe. $100 in annual revenue = Income. This can be consisting to the timeshare seller. This does NOT mean sale of client timeshares, I believe it means revenue from the fees paid from hopeful time share sellers (advertisers) Clients that his representatives have successfully duped by their optimistic and false advice that they have "buyers" willing to pay the amount that the representative strongly and enthusiastically suggested that your timeshare is worth. In fact their website includes a "What is your time share worth" button and we'll see what they say now.

Nina C.
Oct 12, 2019

Nina C. I agree 100% with your comments on how SMTN makes their money. They make hundreds of millions, and kick back tens of millions to every timeshare company that steers sheep like us to them. I'm not surprised to hear that Jason Tremblay has moved on. However, interestingly enough, it appears that someone associated with SMTN is aware of postings to this site, because since my recent posting here, I've noticed that my SMTN listing AD#100210618 - for $15,999, has been moved into first position in my property section: "Villa Preferred Access Club Timeshares". I definitely don't expect this listing to ever sell, or even get a fake proposal. But I find it interesting that this movement occurred after my challenge comments on this site.

Lastly, that scam button they've placed on their listing site "What's your timeshare worth", makes my skin crawl because it's such an obvious steering ploy, designed to scam more money somehow.

What I like so far about this site, is it's very informative to those who can learn from our costly experiences. Thanks for your comments and information.

Cal B.
Oct 17, 2019

Their scam button is the same as someone posting a website or an email address in the forum to steer victims to a scam . Maybe now you can understand why we object to those types of postings in the forums .

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Oct 17, 2019 10:12 AM

Oct 17, 2019

Well Don P. I find myself in agreement with you about the scam redirect buttons. And for Nina C. I recently found out, having received a phone call out of the blue (1st time in over a year), asking if there's anything they could do to assist me in selling my listed timeshare, that Jason Tremblay has in fact been gone for a while. Mary Morgan whom I spoke with promised to enhance their efforts to sell my listing. Then at the end of our conversation she mentioned that she was leaving the industry in a week to pursue other career goals. So, it appears that efforts like this forum, are having an effect, which is good for the ethical timeshares and their employees.

Timeshares are not all alike, some are very good. But, when they associate themselves with scammers like SMTN, they are not doing themselves any favors.

Cal B.
Oct 30, 2019

One question, I’m going to a presentation to Vidanta next week. Any chances they take me out of my timeshare?

Joshua H.
Oct 30, 2019

Joshuah 115, I'm not even going to wish you 'good luck', because there's absolutely zero chance for you to get out of your timeshare by even hinting to them that you want out. Whether you're an owner or a first time visitor to any Vidanta property, you are strongly encouraged to attend their "90 minute" presentations or owner update meetings. Believe me, you will be hard pressed to spend more, and more of your hard earned money one way or another. As I've mentioned before in another thread, when we determined to get out, we cut the cord cleanly and with zero repercussions. We said Adios to their whole ploy. I can't leave this discussion without also mentioning the major scammers and close associates of Vidanta, SELL MY TIMESHARE NOW (SMTN)! This whole organization, and the millions of listed timeshares for sale that are right now, floating in a virtual sea of discarded dreams by wishful timeshare owners who are hopelessly anticipating a future sale of their absolutely worthless paper. The worthless paper I speak of, are timeshares previously purchased, that Vidanta and other resorts agree to sell on your behalf, through SMTN, for either a small fee (typically $500 to $1,000), or allow you to go directly through SMTN to reap greater rewards.

Which rewards they claim to be 100% of your old timeshares value. This tactic of the shell game is designed to take more money out of your other pocket.

Vidanta will discount your onsite contract with them, by giving you a substantial credit (say $15,000 to $95,000) for your "Worthless" unwanted other timeshare. They will then tell you, that you can get all or most of your money back by signing on with SMTN who will handle the sale. Their cost? ($1,500 to $4,000). What a steal you think. And what great friends the Vidanta sales staff are for letting you know about this deal. NOT!!!

I could go on, but you should already see that your 90 minutes, will end up being closer to 3 to 5 hours of a beat down, horn - swaggle, shell game of dizzying talk and paper shuffling and numbers scratching. All designed to wear your will down, and convincing your that they're not playing a "Jedi mind trick" on you.

Joahuah, you just gotta get out man. I did, and I'm thrilled to be on the other side with my funds intact.

Cal B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.