General Discussion

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

Apr 08, 2010

customercares wrote:
To Whom It May Concern,

It has been noted that the BBB’s new rating system rates all timeshare resale companies very low. This is due to the overall reputation of the timeshare industry. We pride ourselves in showing our clients and the BBB how we are different than other resale companies. There is no question it will take time to change the reputation of the industry. Until then, we will continue to provide excellent service.

Our company can make no guarantees that a timeshare will rent or sell within a specific time period. What we can promise is to work for our clients, helping assist them maintain their advertisements, provide their advertisement with the most exposure possible, connect them to potential buyers and renters, and offer advertising strategies. Any time our customers contact us with questions or concerns, we address them immediately and every effort is made to reach a resolution with our clients within the boundaries of our policies.

As always, we encourage you to contact our Customer Care department for further questions or concerns at 877-815-4227 x 5352 or CustomerCare@SellMyTimeshareNOW.com. Sell My Timeshare NOW is a company based on professionalism and integrity with customer satisfaction as our priority.

Sincerely,

Angela Catanzaro Customer Care Manager www.SellMyTimeshareNow.Com

I agree with jayjay and his earlier post. The point is that these companies do deceive you into thinking that you are actually getting something more than just advertising when they approach you about "selling" your property for you. It's called a "bait and switch" method of promising you one thing using whatever methods it takes to close the deal, and then delivering another.

What chaps my hide is that they absolutely refuse to refund your money once you realize what happened. What we as consumers don't realize when they call us is that NOBODY goes to an internet site to buy a timeshare. Think back to how you bought yours. This is why they make so much money.

If they really cared about customer service like Mrs Catanzaro says, they would allow people to recoup their costs when dissatisfied for legitimate reasons. Any person with good business sense knows that negative feedback about your company due to the dissatisfaction of your clientele, especially in a public forum like this, is bad for business.

Mrs. Catanzaro, i implore you to do this. Type "sell my timeshare now," into Google but don't hit enter yet. What do you see in the drop down of choices? Here's what I see for options.

#1 sell my timeshare now scam #2 sell my timeshare now reviews #3 sell my timeshare now complaints #4 sellmytimesharenow.com #5 sell my timeshare now fraud #6 sell my timeshare now bbb

Hmmm. 5:1 ratio of negative to positive. That's definitely not good for business. If you are "a company based on professionalism and integrity with customer satisfaction as our priority," then you are doing those companies that actually practice what you preach a complete and utter disservice!

Rich M.

Last edited by richm77 on Apr 08, 2010 09:16 AM

Apr 08, 2010

I can't believe I really am engaging this so much today. But I am seeing a trend here that is quite amusing to me. Let me first start off by saying, I do not have any ties to any resale company. I landed on this thread and thought it was so biased I had to chime in. I suppose I should head over to some of the other post and get away from this one. So richm77, I did what you asked the lady above to do but typed in umm, lets see redweek, and what came up #1 Redweek.com #2 Redweek reviews #3 Redweek Scams #4 Redweek complaints #5 Redweek fraud #6 Redweek escrow So this is Google Suggest. All it does is group a string of topics together for you to possibly want to view. You won't find much difference in the industry as a whole. If anyone were slightly unbiased they would understand that because there is a movement against companies who charge advertising fee's and everyone thinks they are getting ripped off if there timeshare fails to sell. So I will go back to my original argument, if you advertise with anyone, be it news paper, web, bill board, on a bus, whatever, you pay an advertising fee. I would like to see you get your fee back from a newspaper because your car didn't sell, or a bill board. You guys are all mixing up the idea of advertising vrs some other option. I certainly wouldn't give anyone there money back if they advertised with me, and a m sure you wouldn't either. This is legitimate advertising and I really am not sure what the argument you guys pose is. We have all bought something we weren't extremely happy with at least once in our lives. It is always up to the person with the credit card to make that decision. Falling back on the company I guess is the easy way out. Hearing everyone talk about how they took there money with unethical behavior I guess is to much. A salesperson is a salesperson. Just say no! Well OHH and by the way, I bought my timeshare from a company in Florida. Not from a resort, but a timeshare resale company. I am quite satisfied and would buy another if i could afford it. So I guess that dispels another point you guys try to make. maybe you should ask people who bought their timeshare from a resale company... OK, thats my stuff man.

Steve N.
Apr 09, 2010

Newspapers and internet ad sites don't charge in the hundreds/thousands of dollars to advertise .... there has never been even one legitimate upfront fee resale that's been documented on any timeshare forum in the 10+ years I've been reading such .... too bad your business is falling apart due to the internet and the education it provides .... it's only going to get worse so it would be a good time for you to find another line of work .... as long as I'm living and breathing I will continue my vendetta against upfront fee resale company scams and don't be surprised if the attorney general in your state doesn't file a lawsuit against you any day now.

R P.
Jun 04, 2010

Paul and Steve work for SMTN. Customer Care is a joke, and these claims that they make are after you are lied to by a sales agent. I know, I used to work there. They preach this integrity spiel, and then tell you they will fire you if you don't perform, basically making sales agents lie, or lose their job. They currently have 4 lawsuits against them, and that's just from employees. If you have been burned by them, I would suggest a class action lawsuit. I notice Mr Tremblay came on here and just recycled statistics that mean nothing, and said little to prove they actually work.

John S.
Jul 01, 2010

Joshua Odess is the biggest scam artist there is. He should be arrested. I have a friend in the force who actually did a search for him and guess what he found? He is a convicted felon, he served almost 4 years for an assult with a deadly weapon. sellmytimeshare apparently don't care who they allow to work for them.

Daman F.
Jul 31, 2010

Hello I would like more information about this company.

Scam B.

Last edited by scamb on Jul 31, 2010 08:26 PM

Aug 01, 2010

scamb wrote:
Hello I would like more information about this company.

May I suggest Googling their phone number. It will likely bring up a lot of negatives. I suspect the Google search would also show that phone number belonging to another upfront listing company that's been scamming people,

Did this company call you out of the blue (as opposed to you looking them up)? If so, it is probably a scam.

Ask how much their upfront fees are. If they are over $100, then, again, it's probably a scam.

Did this company say it had a buyer for your property and you needed to send X amount of dollars for some sort of fee (eg. closing costs, lien search, taxes, etc.)? Then it is a scam.

Did the salesperson say that he could sell/rent out your property for an insanely high amount of money? Then it's probably a scam.

If you're still considering using this company after that, then ask the salesperson to e-mail you a copy of the contract before you pay anything. Analyze the contract and then decide if it's worth it. These scammers use the same cookie-cutter contract basically saying that they merely advertise your resort so that potential buyers/renters contact and negotiate with you. They make no effort to sell/rent your unit. Also, compare what the contract says with what the sales person told you on the phone. It will likely be vastly different. Remember, what they say on the phone is useless. Don't agree to anything based on what they told you over the phone.

Lance C.

Last edited by lancec13 on Aug 01, 2010 10:35 PM

Aug 26, 2010

I have been receiving unsolicited phone calls from timeshare resale companies. Today a guy from direct marketing called wanting to speed things up so that he could "work" hard for me with the high volume traffic of the upcoming Labor Day weekend. For the upfront fee of 899 he would do something for me...yada, yada, yada. Told the guy that I would not be subjected to any pressure and to email me some info on his company. These guys are unflappable, they will run their speil all the way through with an answer to all of your questions. I know the drill by now though, I won't receive any information from this guy, but he'll call a month later thinking that I have forgotten who I had spoken to. I don't know about the advertising cost or any of that but he offered me 21k for my timeshare, which I knew was absurd. My yearly fees are 260 which are wasted if I'm not using the stupid thing but I won't be screwed by any timeshare crook. Let's hear some testimonals of people who actually got rid of their timeshare.

Marion W.

Last edited by marty8084 on Aug 26, 2010 02:49 PM

Aug 27, 2010

marionw24 wrote:
I don't know about the advertising cost or any of that but he offered me 21k for my timeshare, which I knew was absurd. My yearly fees are 260 which are wasted if I'm not using the stupid thing but I won't be screwed by any timeshare crook. Let's hear some testimonals of people who actually got rid of their timeshare.

When you get unsolicited calls from upfront fee resale companies (1) do not answer the phone (2) if you have caller ID then go to donotcall.com and report their phone number .... if they keep harrassing you with calls then they will be fined.

R P.
Sep 15, 2010

Jason, as the CEO of sellmytimeshares.com you may be interested in my story. I am in the market to purchase timeshare and found some on your site that I found interest in. I submitted an inquiry regarding the property, two weeks later I received this email along with 28 other people.

Hello, I’m responding to your inquiry about a timeshare for sale. You were visiting our website www.SellMyTimeshareNOW.com and found a timeshare that interested you. Did anyone contact you? Are you still interested in buying a timeshare? I look forward to assisting you.

I responded back to the agent the same day telling him I hadn't heard from anyone and was still interested. Five days later I still hadn't heard back so I sent the agent another message asking if anyone was going to contact me. He did call my house that day and left a message. I responded back with an email with some questions. He answered most but a couple of the questions (deed exp? season time?) he didn't know. He said he emailed the seller and was checking on the season. That was on September 2nd! Now as a business owner myself, if my customers received this type of customer service I would shoot myself! You may be asking yourself why he posted on this thread!?!? The answer: If your company didn’t receive the upfront listing fees your agents might be a bit more responsive to inquiries on the properties you are currently making money on to list! My sales experience and the lack of follow-up from your company tells me something is seriously wrong with this business model from the CUSTOMERS POINT OF VIEW!

Donald B.
Sep 15, 2010

This message is for JayJay. I've seen your name on a few web sites alerting readers to scams. Your vigilance is appreciated. However, I need to know what resale firm I CAN TRUST. I want to unload a property that has lost its lustre and know who NOT to use ... who can I use safely? Anyone?

Larry V.
Sep 16, 2010

larryv20 wrote:
This message is for JayJay. I've seen your name on a few web sites alerting readers to scams. Your vigilance is appreciated. However, I need to know what resale firm I CAN TRUST. I want to unload a property that has lost its lustre and know who NOT to use ... who can I use safely? Anyone?

Anytime a resale company demands an upfront fee then they are scams. If your timeshare week/resort is in demand (it's all about supply and demand) then you can just as easily sell it yourself on internet timeshare ad sites such as Redweek, however the market for timeshares is the lowest ever. Many timeshares can't even be given away in this market.

There are some reputable companies that will market your timeshare and if it sells they charge a flat fee of $1500+ or a % of sold price ..... you can google/bing 'no upfront fee timeshare resale companies'.

In my opinion, timeshares had their hey day until 2007 when the economy crashed and I don't feel like the market for timeshares will ever be the same in the future. People have learned, during this recession, that disposable income for luxury items such as timeshares is a thing of the past ..... I believe people will rent in the future and not be stuck with never ending maintenance fees and possible special assessments.

If you're desperate, you could offer to give away your timeshare and pay all closing costs, but even then if you don't own a week that is desirable that may not work.

R P.
Sep 16, 2010

donaldb233 wrote:
Jason, as the CEO of sellmytimeshares.com you may be interested in my story. I am in the market to purchase timeshare and found some on your site that I found interest in. I submitted an inquiry regarding the property, two weeks later I received this email along with 28 other people.

Hello, I’m responding to your inquiry about a timeshare for sale. You were visiting our website www.SellMyTimeshareNOW.com and found a timeshare that interested you. Did anyone contact you? Are you still interested in buying a timeshare? I look forward to assisting you.

I responded back to the agent the same day telling him I hadn't heard from anyone and was still interested. Five days later I still hadn't heard back so I sent the agent another message asking if anyone was going to contact me. He did call my house that day and left a message. I responded back with an email with some questions. He answered most but a couple of the questions (deed exp? season time?) he didn't know. He said he emailed the seller and was checking on the season. That was on September 2nd! Now as a business owner myself, if my customers received this type of customer service I would shoot myself! You may be asking yourself why he posted on this thread!?!? The answer: If your company didn’t receive the upfront listing fees your agents might be a bit more responsive to inquiries on the properties you are currently making money on to list! My sales experience and the lack of follow-up from your company tells me something is seriously wrong with this business model from the CUSTOMERS POINT OF VIEW!

I would imagine that the above company is being investigated by a state attorney general for fraudulent behavior concerning soliciting (cold calling) owners wanting to sell telling them lies (ie: we have buyers waiting in line to buy your timeshare) .... they are an upfront fee resale company and they're coming under heavy scrutiny by AGs. I would imagine his business is falling apart.

I would not want to buy a timeshare from such a company.

R P.
Oct 29, 2010

Jason Trembly, CEO of sellmytimesharenow.com lied right here in this forum. He claims they are BBB accredited, but if you go to the BBB they say the opposite, they say they are NOT an accredited company. That was all I needed to see.

So tell me.....has anyone found a way to get rid of their timeshare? I'm ready to give mine away just to stop the fees....can anyone help?????

Roxie E.
Oct 30, 2010

roxiee2 wrote:
Jason Trembly, CEO of sellmytimesharenow.com lied right here in this forum. He claims they are BBB accredited, but if you go to the BBB they say the opposite, they say they are NOT an accredited company. That was all I needed to see.

So tell me.....has anyone found a way to get rid of their timeshare? I'm ready to give mine away just to stop the fees....can anyone help?????

Unfortunately, if your resort and time owned is not in demand, then it's possible that you can't even give your timeshare away in this terrible economy .... it's all about supply and demand in the timeshare world.

R P.
Oct 30, 2010

jayjay wrote:
roxiee2 wrote:

Unfortunately, if your resort and time owned is not in demand, then it's possible that you can't even give your timeshare away in this terrible economy .... it's all about supply and demand in the timeshare world.

Roxie E.
Dec 13, 2010

I just have to say - I have been hounded by a guy names Charles Ross since last summer. He finally called me again today from Sell My Timeshare Now and he lied right to me - telling me that his agents could sell my timeshare for either $2000 or 15% (after they sell my timeshare). When I told him I would not invest another dime into this timeshare for adverstising since I already sank almost $1000, he then told me that he had a client that had 10 offers for the exact same timeshare up to $15,000 but the client has refused these offers. If I got an offer for $15,000 I would have jumped at it. He then said if I advertised with his company he could garantee me the same results. Can you image? When I told him I would not sink another dime into this timeshare, he wished me luck. Guess there are no agents in his group to sell it for a commission?? All of these people lie right to your face then tried to get your credit card number. He also told me I should have done more research before I hired the last group of people, Timeshare Adventures, who have given me redculous offers as low as $1800. So I took his advise and I found this blog about the scamming, lying group from Sell My Timeshare Now. Wasn't that smart of me? Think I'll just give the timeshare to my family..

Bonnie O.
Dec 13, 2010

Hi Jay Jay:

Jason Tremblay here. Rather than defending myself or my company in each of these posts, I have a proposal for you.

I am willing to pay for your round-trip ticket from whereever you live to our offices in Orlando, Florida. I will pay for your transportation, lodging and meal expenses.

Why will I do this? You have often commented that there has never been a resale documented through my company or any other "up-front fee" company. While I can't speak for other companies, upon your arrival to Florida I will show you purchase and sale agreements for thousands of timeshares my brokerage company has sold. You will meet a team of commission only licensed real estate agents that earn their living selling timeshares advertised on my website. Also, the Executive Vice President of Chicago Title's timeshare division has agreed to attend the meeting to verify that we refer hundreds of people monthly to Chicago Title for closing and escrow services. With a little advance notice I can even have employees from timeshare companies that refer to us such as Hilton (we are their top preferred broker and have sold thousands of HGVC weeks).

Jay Jay, if you are a man of integrity and truly interested in the truth, you will take me up on this offer. I will even allow you to video tape the meeting (i intend to for later use).

All I ask in return for this free trip to Orlando is that you honestly report on this forum (and whereever else you may post about timeshare resales) what you learn while visiting my offices. I think your readers and followers would agree this is a terrific opportunity. If I really am a scammer and don't really sell timeshares I'm sure you'll be able to prove that. If you are wrong and I really am successful in helping thousands sell their timeshares, I know you'll be anxious to report that as well.

If you are interested, make that known on this thread and email me privately. i assume you have my email address. I also trust that you will not remove this post.

Best Regards, Jason Tremblay

Jason T.
Dec 14, 2010

jasont87 wrote:
Jay Jay, if you are a man of integrity and truly interested in the truth, you will take me up on this offer. I will even allow you to video tape the meeting (i intend to for later use).

First of all, I am not a man, I am a woman. Secondly, if you are a legitimate resale company then you would not charge an upfront fee until services are rendered (you sell the timeshare) and you get your FEES at CLOSING.

If you changed your business model to the above, then I would certainly recommend your company ..... until you do, then I cannot recommend any upfront fee resale company.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Dec 14, 2010 08:48 AM

Dec 14, 2010

My apologies for assuming your gender Jay Jay.

I am not asking for you to recommend my company. I think there is a happy medium between recommending my company and calling me a parasite. I am confident if you took me up on my offer you would have a different view. What do you have to lose?

Jason T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.