General Discussion

refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

Feb 07, 2011

shelleyh51 wrote:
did anyone get any good result (I mean refund) with Sellmytimesharenow.com. I am filing a complain with BBB. LIke to know if it helps.
Have you even bothered to read ANY of the DOZENS of posts already existing in these RedWeek forums on this very topic? If not, you'd be well served by making some actual effort to do so. Knowledge does not just fall down from the sky and into your lap simply by gravity.

Complaining to the BBB is a complete waste of your time and energy. The BBB has absolutely no legal authority of any kind and no real "horsepower" whatsoever. The BBB cannot help you (or anyone else) in ANY way beyond giving a company a "low BBB rating" --- and scammers don't care one bit about "low BBB ratings". Only established, legitimate businesses even care at all about their BBB rating, which they might feel is reflective of the good business image they seek to project (and then proclaim to the world).

Either make the effort to prepare and file a detailed, specific, factual, formal complaint directly with the state Attorney General office, or don't even bother doing anything at all. Complaining to the BBB is just ineffective and completely useless "venting". Maybe you'll feel better, but it will NOT otherwise accomplish anything at all.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 08, 2011 08:36 AM

Mar 07, 2011

to the last poster.

Email me your ad number. If you have a legitimate complaint, I am happy to help you solve it. If a refund is appropriate, you will get a refund.

With respect to the BBB, we do care about our rating which is why we respond to any complaint brought to us.

Sadly, due to threads like this it is not uncommon for people to complain to the BBB prior to even contacting us.

As I've stated earlier in this thread, if you are an unhappy customer, email me directly. Tell me why. I will respond.

Jason Tremblay (jasontremblay@sellmytimesharenow.com) Founder & CEO SellMyTimeshareNOW

BTW, the Tug thread referenced above is a rant from a disgruntled employee that was terminated.

Jason T.
Mar 07, 2011

My AD #987168, AD #982420.

Sure, I am unhappy customer due to your salesman Adam Smith made all those promises on the phone without senting over any contract any disclosure about your cancel policy, and your customer service representative is NOT offer any help besides telling me: I am not qualify to get my money refund AND they are NOT reliable for what Salesman promised.

So now tell me as a CEO how much you are going to do?

Shelley H.
Mar 08, 2011

I just recently read in a publication that upfront fee Timeshare Resale Companies and their fraudulent scams were the overwhelming majority of complaints to all BBBs.

R P.
Mar 08, 2011

shelleyh51 wrote:

Sure, I am unhappy customer due to your salesman Adam Smith made all those promises on the phone without senting over any contract any disclosure about your cancel policy, and your customer service representative is NOT offer any help besides telling me: I am not qualify to get my money refund AND they are NOT reliable for what Salesman promised.

Shelly, if 'Sell My Timeshare Now' doesn't follow through with what they promised you, you REALLY need to file a complaint with the Florida Attorney General and The New Hampshire Attorney General (SMTN has offices in both of those states).

The Florida Attorney General is in the process of closing down fraudulent upfront fee resale companies and have even used Swat Teams in doing so.

Jason, you really should find another line of employment with all the complaints to the Florida Attorney General against your company as it's only a matter of time before you'll be shut down possibly with a Swat Team along with a respresentative of the Florida Attorney General's office.

I see you use ARDA as one of your logos on your site. ARDA does not condone upfront fee resale companies and they have even sent out warnings concerning such fradulent companies as yours .... you're PIRATING the ARDA logo.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Mar 08, 2011 08:58 AM

Mar 08, 2011

Jason, take a look at this (copy and paste URL below):

http://www.redweek.com/forums/messages?thread_id=17283

R P.
Mar 08, 2011

jayjay wrote:
shelleyh51 wrote:

Shelly, if 'Sell My Timeshare Now' doesn't follow through with what they promised you, you REALLY need to file a complaint with the Florida Attorney General and The New Hampshire Attorney General (SMTN has offices in both of those states).

The Florida Attorney General is in the process of closing down fraudulent upfront fee resale companies and have even used Swat Teams in doing so.

Jason, you really should find another line of employment with all the complaints to the Florida Attorney General against your company as it's only a matter of time before you'll be shut down possibly with a Swat Team along with a respresentative of the Florida Attorney General's office.

I see you use ARDA as one of your logos on your site. ARDA does not condone upfront fee resale companies and they have even sent out warnings concerning such fradulent companies as yours .... you're PIRATING the ARDA logo.

Jay Jay -

Here we go again.

1) My company is not under investigation by the Attorney General. We are a legitimate company.

2) I am not "pirating" the ARDA logo. We are members of ARDA in good standing. in fact, I was on the resale model act legislation task force and I am speaking on the resale panel at ARDA's annual convention in Orlando later this month. I doubt ARDA would have asked me to speak if I was a moment away from having swat teams at my door..

Jason

Jason T.
Mar 08, 2011

Hi,

I am going to research your file and contact you by tomorrow morning. Our records will show all correspondence with you. If there is a legitimate reason to issue a refund, we will do so.

Best Regards, Jason Tremblay

Jason T.
Mar 08, 2011

jayjay wrote:

I applaud all enforcement actions against fraudulent companies.

We have operated as one of the largest resale companies in the world out of Orlando, Florida for 7 years. Having transacted with over 120,000 timeshare buyers, sellers and renters we are not without a handful of complaints. That said, all complaints are answered and dealt with in a manner that is fair to the consumer.

We are one of the only companies not currently under investigation by the FL Attorney General's office. There are other companies in FL under investigation that will be exonerated and then several others that will likely be shut down due to fraudulent practices.

I not only applaud these enforcement actions, I am relieved by them as the "scammers" only make it harder on those that conduct business legitimately.

Jason

Jason T.
Mar 09, 2011

jasont87 wrote:
Jay Jay -

Here we go again.

1) My company is not under investigation by the Attorney General. We are a legitimate company.

2) I am not "pirating" the ARDA logo. We are members of ARDA in good standing. in fact, I was on the resale model act legislation task force and I am speaking on the resale panel at ARDA's annual convention in Orlando later this month. I doubt ARDA would have asked me to speak if I was a moment away from having swat teams at my door.. Jason

From ARDA's website .... ARDA does not condone upfront fee resale companies (yours), period:

Resale Advisory III: ARDA learned of a new scheme involving timeshare resales that not only preys upon consumers but falsely cites ARDA as a reference. ARDA does not contract with, become involved with, authorize, or endorse any company’s resales activities.

Resale Advisory IV: ARDA advises consumers of the most recent resale precautions.

Resale Advisory V: ARDA has become aware of a deceptive solicitation practice, commonly referred to as transfer or repurchase solicitations, being used by some unethical transfer companies aimed at timeshare owners.

R P.
Mar 09, 2011

jasont87 wrote:
jayjay wrote:

We have operated as one of the largest resale companies in the world out of Orlando, Florida for 7 years. Having transacted with over 120,000 timeshare buyers, sellers and renters we are not without a handful of complaints. That said, all complaints are answered and dealt with in a manner that is fair to the consumer.

We are one of the only companies not currently under investigation by the FL Attorney General's office. There are other companies in FL under investigation that will be exonerated and then several others that will likely be shut down due to fraudulent practices.

I not only applaud these enforcement actions, I am relieved by them as the "scammers" only make it harder on those that conduct business legitimately.

Jason

Jason, let's see just how honest of a business man you are. I am going to ask you straight out if you charge a large upfront fee to list a timeshare for sale or rent in your system ????

Bottom line, if you charge any type of large upfront fee, then you're on the AG's list .... I don't know why you think you are above and beyond all other upfront fee scammers ..... are you in for a surprise.

R P.
Mar 09, 2011

jayjay wrote:
jasont87 wrote:
Jay Jay -

Here we go again.

2) I am not "pirating" the ARDA logo. We are members of ARDA in good standing. in fact, I was on the resale model act legislation task force and I am speaking on the resale panel at ARDA's annual convention in Orlando later this month. I doubt ARDA would have asked me to speak if I was a moment away from having swat teams at my door.. Jason

From ARDA's website .... ARDA does not condone upfront fee resale companies (yours), period:

Resale Advisory III: ARDA learned of a new scheme involving timeshare resales that not only preys upon consumers but falsely cites ARDA as a reference. ARDA does not contract with, become involved with, authorize, or endorse any company’s resales activities.

Resale Advisory IV: ARDA advises consumers of the most recent resale precautions.

Resale Advisory V: ARDA has become aware of a deceptive solicitation practice, commonly referred to as transfer or repurchase solicitations, being used by some unethical transfer companies aimed at timeshare owners.

Jay Jay,

I am a member in good standing of ARDA. I have never suggested that they "endorse" my company. They do not "endorse" ANY company. I am however using the ARDA member logo with permission like any other ARDA member.

Furthermore, I frequently speak at ARDA conventions (including later this month) on the subject of resale and internet marketing and I served on the ARDA resale legislative task force that authored the model resale act that was recently adopted by the board at ARDA's Fall conference this past October.

A simple phone call to ARDA would allow you to verify this. Once again it is not me making false claims. It is you.

Jason T.
Mar 09, 2011

jayjay wrote:
jasont87 wrote:
jayjay wrote:

Jason

Jason, let's see just how honest of a business man you are. I am going to ask you straight out if you charge a large upfront fee to list a timeshare for sale or rent in your system ????

Bottom line, if you charge any type of large upfront fee, then you're on the AG's list .... I don't know why you think you are above and beyond all other upfront fee scammers ..... are you in for a surprise.

Jay Jay,

It is not illegal or unethical so sell advertising. It is not true that any company doing so is on the list of companies the AG is investigating. Again, this is simply false.

To answer your question about fees (which has already been answered previously in this thread):

We have a For Sale by Owner option where a seller can purchase advertising on our website for between $199 and $599 depending upon whether it is for sale or rent etc. Our website currently generates over 12,000 offers to purchase and rent timeshares every month.

We also have a brokerage company called Timeshare Broker Services. When we take a broker listing we typically charge 15% or up to $2,000 upon the successful sale. It costs more than buying an ad but we don't get paid until closing.

The reason I am "above and beyond" as you say, is because we sell timeshares. A lot of them... and we can prove it.

Jason

Jason T.
Mar 09, 2011

Jason,

I hope you keep your words and back to me tomorrow Thursday morning.

Please stop ask your floor manager Kevin or supervisor Tony to call me. I like to SEE WHAT YOU going to do.

Any common sense, if I just make a listing, I have tons of website to list for free, I don't need pay money. I paid becuase your salesman promised HE GURANTEE to rent oout for me because your company is the best of... top of ... whatever as your said here.

Refund my money, and please don't use word "Legitimate" here again and again.

Shelley H.
Mar 10, 2011

jasont87 wrote:

Yeah Right ! I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. If you charge any type of large upfront fee for listing a timeshare in you system, then you're a scammer like the rest of the scammers out there .... you are NO DIFFERENT.

Quote:
Our website currently generates over 12,000 offers to purchase and rent timeshares every month.

Yeah right, people are buying timeshares from you left and right when they can get the same thing on Ebay, Redweek's or Tug's Bargain Basement for free or $1. You are really too funny .... nobody is buying timeshares unless they are given to them.

Again, you are living under a rock if you don't realize that timesharing, as we knew it pre-2006, has come and gone .... you really should be looking for another job before the AG comes crashing down your door with a swat team.

R P.
Mar 10, 2011

shelleyh51 wrote:
Any common sense, if I just make a listing, I have tons of website to list for free, I don't need pay money. I paid becuase your salesman promised HE GURANTEE to rent oout for me because your company is the best of... top of ... whatever as your said here.

Lies, lies and more lies from Sell My Timeshare Now .... you see, Jason, the lies that you and your salespeople tell prospective clients (ie: shelleyh51) is the MAIN REASON THE AG WILL BE COMING AFTER YOU. That lie and this one, "we have a buyer that wants to buy your timeshare but we'll need to charge you a large upfront fee to get the ball rolling" when in reality no buyer exists just like no renter exists for shelleyh51.

R P.
Mar 10, 2011

Read Jason Tremblay's spiel below:

(NO MORE UNBELIEVABLE THAN YOUR UPFRONT FEE RESALE SCAM COMPANY .... YOU'RE BOTH SHYSTERS AND LIARS .... why did one of your salesmen GUARANTEE the rental of shelleyh51's timeshare (FOR A LARGE UPFRONT FEE) when you KNOW there's NO GUARANTEE that any TIMESHARE CAN BE RENTED OR SOLD).

Monday, January 26, 2009 Timeshare Owners Beware! Author: Jason Tremblay

Orlando’s Channel 9 TV has been on the trail of a Nevada-based company using some interesting tactics to attract timeshare sellers. According to reporter Todd Ulrich, the timeshare company, Apex Professionals, sends post cards to timeshare owners leading them to believe the company wants to buy their timeshare and inviting them to a meeting to learn more. The post cards say, “Now making immediate offers to timeshare owners who want to sell.”

After a seminar held in an Orlando hotel, (which Action 9 investigators sat in on) the details of the meetings were shared with timeshare industry expert Lisa Ann Schreier. Here’s Ms. Schreier’s take: “These people (Apex Professionals) wanted 35 hundred dollars and your deed which is really unconscionable as far as I’m concerned.”

That’s right, those “immediate offers” being made to timeshare owners turned out to be an offer for the timeshare owner to pay Apex $3500, and then deed their timeshare over to Apex.

Unbelievable, isn’t it?

R P.
Mar 10, 2011

JayJay: Way don't you go yourself or send somebody(Giuseppe or Jose)to visit Mr. Tremblay to get your money back?

Paul B.
Mar 11, 2011

ebram wrote:
JayJay:Way don't you go yourself or send somebody(Giuseppe or Jose)to visit Mr. Tremblay to get your money back?

They didn't get any money from me .... I would have never, ever done business with a resale company that charges a large upfront fee. I sold all 9 of my timeshares myself on listing sites such as Redweek.

I am merely a consumer advocate for those taken in by the scam companies and will get the message out anyway I can.

R P.
Dec 28, 2011

To the ceo ofsellmy timesharenow.com. taking money up front from older folks and doing nothing and doing nothing for them over long periods of time is fraud, unfortunately it is a grey area and difficult and expensive to prove....but unethical just the same.

You should at least be up front enough to tell people honestly what to expect from you with actual sales data signed by you.

Peter H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.