refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

Forum: General Discussion

page 12 of 12

«  prev page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   next page  »

Message Author

By Irene P.

I wrote two articles about SMTN. In both cases SMTN refunded the money. Then they stole our key words to advertise for sales and rentals as if we were advertising for sales and rentals which so endeared them to us. Anything I can do to put them out of business I'm in. We pull an article if the dispute is resolved. One article got published. I won't provide the link because they did resolved after publication.

Florida House Bill 435 is currently being worked on. It would require services be delivered before charging anything. I believe SMTN would fall under this bill, at least for Florida residents. If you live in Florida or bought in Florida and experienced SMTN overstating their accomplishments, please contact the bill's sponsor, Florida representative Wyman Duggan. There is some bad in this bill, some good. I am so glad there is a SMTN thread. File BBB complaints too. https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2019/435/BillText/__/PDF

4 months ago
Mar 06, 2019

By Barry G.

Hear yee hear yee well said from his another ripped off sucker

3 months ago
Mar 18, 2019

By Kay B.

On the contrary, Jason, SMTN is NOT accredited by BBB, and it is listed in BBB site the many complaints!

3 months ago
Mar 24, 2019

By Ricardo G.

Hi, I'm in the same situation as you were, where SMTN charged me with $1796 USD and I haven't hadf any inquires, questions of offers at all in the six months that have with them. I can't even find my add if I search a a regular person, I contacted them a few times and they just make excuses and blame you for the bad results. i reported the to the BBB and on the Conssumer Affairs Site, but I haven't gotten the response I want which is a full refund of my money. What can I do to succed as you did? What recomendations can you give me? My timashare is linked to a florida adress but my contract with SMTN started in 2018 so I don't know if the Florida House of Representatives HB435 is valid or retroactive. What can I do? Thank you

Avatar for Ricardo G. Ricardo G.

1 month ago
May 31, 2019

By William S.

I have communicated with SellMyTimeshareNow's Chris Grand and Elizabeth Lamendola several times in the last two weeks. They are devious, persistent and not too smart.

A large upfront fee like SellMyTimeshareNow charges is a sign of a scam, rather than a legitimate sales opportunity; there is no incentive on their part to do anything once they have your money. Coupled with a BBB rating of C-, they have sealed their fate, if anyone checks.

SellMyTimeshareNow believes their own hype and BS, and they are dysfunctional. SellMyTimeshareNow have misappropriated money from others by their misrepresentations and lies. That is not decent and if they had a conscience, they would feel guilty. However any confrontation with them is futile and a waste of time. With any luck karma will catch up with them.

Stay away from this slimy company or you will require many hot showers to get their stink off you. But then, I like to sugar coat things.

Avatar for William S. William S.

1 month ago
Jun 04, 2019

By Lance C.

williams1391 wrote:
A large upfront fee like SellMyTimeshareNow charges is a sign of a scam, rather than a legitimate sales opportunity; there is no incentive on their part to do anything once they have your money.

I don't know if they're necessarily a scam. They're just a very expensive listing company. As much as I hate their tactics, they are a legal listing company. It's just important that anyone who does business with this listing company (which I do not recommend BTW) realize that he is paying for a listing service and not a full-out sales service.

However, if the person at SMTN flat out told you that SMTN is a full-out sales service and quoted you a price for full-out sales, then you might look into fraud and scam. Just make sure you understood what you were getting into when you agreed to pay for their services whether it was a full-service sale or just a listing service.

1 month ago
Jun 04, 2019

By William S.

a very expensive listing company

The Timeshare industry survives on advertising & marketing and they obviously stack the deck in their favor, because that is in their self interest.

Nevertheless, a spade remains a spade; it's like a pack of wolves looking after a flock of sheep. It is easy to do dishonest things without doing anything illegal. It’s also easy to make excuses for them, like they're a very expensive listing company. That still does not make what they do right or decent, except in an alternate universe, where nothing makes any real sense anyway.

The BBB, in spite of all of their imperfections, is about the only truly impartial arbitrator of this buffoonery. For every complaint that they receive, hundreds go unreported.

It’s a hard sell for me to pay a large upfront fee to a “shady” company before it actually does anything . . . and even if they did anything, their upfront costs are negligible. Remember what our parents told us, “If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.”

Avatar for William S. William S.

1 month ago
Jun 05, 2019

By Kay B.

Yes, I was made to believe that they will be doing a full-out sales service, thus, the big amount of money, which includes the closing cost. Before convincing me to sign up, they even showed me a video of a legit company with a Marketing team! But after signing up, they give the contract which says, "Subscriber is solely responsible for the pricing, content and control of Subscriber’s advertisements and responding to any inquiries on such advertisements. The Subscriber(s) understands that inquiries are controlled solely by the Buyers and Sellers." So, they just advertise in their website, which doesn't cost that much money, and leave it be. Sellers are on their own.

2 weeks ago
Jun 29, 2019

By Michael S.

Have been trying to get my agreement canceled since July 6th and all I have been getting is a runaround. Mostly from Martin Riewaldt. He is a seasoned pro and can talk you out of anything. I have called several times to cancel and I think because of their stall my time period to cancel has expired. They are charging me $1,998.00 for each of my timeshares of which I have 2 Marriott's. These charges have put a strain on me emotionally as I'm retired and on a fixed income now. My advice if you are reading this in advance of listing with Sell My Timeshare Now is "don't do it".

Avatar for Michael S. Michael S.

2 days ago
Jul 16, 2019

By Lance C.

michaels1875 wrote:
My advice if you are reading this in advance of listing with Sell My Timeshare Now is "don't do it".

That has been pretty much seen and preached throughout this thread. Sell My Timeshare Now is a very expensive listing service. An owner can list his unit for rent or sale for much, much less on Redweek and other sites such as E-Bay, My Resort Network, or Timeshare Users Group.

2 days ago
Jul 16, 2019

By Bill S.

Michaels is right . . . it is unfortunate that greed is sometimes rewarded. We can hope for karma.

2 days ago
Jul 16, 2019

By Laura K.

And it hard to sugar coat SMTN!!!

2 days ago
Jul 16, 2019

page 12 of 12

«  prev page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   next page  »

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests and Members
Sign in or register for free