refund listing fees from fraud sellmytimesharenow.com

Forum: General Discussion

page 10 of 10

«  prev page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   next page  »

Message Author

By susanw33

What about BUYING thru SMTN?

OK, on the slip side....is SMTN legit for buying a timeshare? I am a seasoned timeshare owner of over 30 years. Looking to add to my pool of timeshares. The resort that I have wanted for years to buy into does not have a resale program and seems to show no interest in putting me into contact with owners who want to sell. Yet, SMTN has several listings at seemingly reasonable purchase prices and maintenance fees. Can I trust SMTN to conduct the entire buying process? Of course, I just want to negotiate a fair purchase price and pay the industry standard transfer and closing fees. And frankly, I will want to do that in person, regardless of where I have to travel to perform the transaction.

Diane

10 months ago
Nov 26, 2017

By ken1193

susanw33 wrote:
OK, on the flip side....is SMTN legit for buying a timeshare? I am a seasoned timeshare owner of over 30 years. Looking to add to my pool of timeshares. The resort that I have wanted for years to buy into does not have a resale program and seems to show no interest in putting me into contact with owners who want to sell. Yet, SMTN has several listings at seemingly reasonable purchase prices and maintenance fees. Can I trust SMTN to conduct the entire buying process? Of course, I just want to negotiate a fair purchase price and pay the industry standard transfer and closing fees. And frankly, I will want to do that in person, regardless of where I have to travel to perform the transaction.

Good question. Here is the straight scoop:

Sometimes you will find a timeshare of interest on the SMTN site which may be available at a price acceptable to you. HOWEVER, you will have NO say or ANY choice regarding the "closing" entity. Closing costs through SMTN are quite excessive --- multiple times the cost of customary and usual closing costs. You have no option to conduct a SMTN transaction "in person", but that is the case in most any resale timeshare transaction anyhow, so SMTN is not unique in that regard. It would frankly be both highly unusual and entirely unnecessary to conduct a resale timeshare transaction "in person". Objective, third party "closers" who have no association with either buyer or seller (not an available option via SMTN, unfortunately) look out for the interests of BOTH buyer and seller, holding all funds in escrow until closing if necessary. This obviously eliminates any need for any travel or physical presence by either the buyer or the seller just to "close" on a resale transaction.

With SMTN, you essentially have to determine ALL of the collective costs as a buyer and then ask yourself if that bottom line figure is acceptable to YOU to acquire that particular timeshare listing, despite the exorbitant closing costs. Far more often than not, the answer will be NO, but there are (relatively rare) exceptions. In all fairness, in the performance of your due diligence you really have to look at the big picture and ask yourself if the TOTAL expenditure involved justifies acquisition of that particular timeshare for YOU. You obviously first need to accurately determine the bottom line total figure before you can possibly make that fully informed evaluation and personal decision.

SMTN of course has nothing whatsoever to do with maintenance fees, regardless of the resort involved. Maintenance fees are determined only by individual resorts --- and they are not "negotiable". That said, I would independently verify the accuracy of ANY figures SMTN indicates for maintenance fees. This is very easily done by contacting the resort directly for confirmation of any figures claimed by SMTN in their listings.

Last edit by ken1193 on Jan 25, 2018 02:48 PM.

10 months ago
Nov 26, 2017

Message deleted.

Avatar for russellf51 russellf51

8 months ago
Jan 25, 2018

Message deleted.

8 months ago
Jan 25, 2018

By bobb722

Look at buyatimeshare all they do is list. (there sales pitch is they do more but all they do is advertise) As a buyer you chose the title company. Closing cost for me where ~$495. They had more information on their website on closing then SMTN.

8 months ago
Feb 09, 2018

By donp196

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!

8 months ago
Feb 09, 2018

Message deleted.

Avatar for sharrons16 sharrons16

5 months ago
Apr 24, 2018

By erickemb

did anyone get any good result (I mean refund) with Sellmytimesharenow.com. I am filing a complain with BBB. LIke to know if it helps.

My website: xăm lông mày có phá tướng không

Last edit by erickemb on May 28, 2018 02:45 AM.

5 months ago
May 17, 2018

By donp196

BBB is one of the most useless businesses ever .

5 months ago
May 17, 2018

Message deleted.

3 months ago
Jun 19, 2018

By rwk57

Hi Diane Contact me for info. May be of benefit to you

1 month ago
Aug 22, 2018

By aa221

SELLING thru SMTN

I have had a listing on SMTN for two (2) years and it hasn't sold to this day.

Let me just say that this company is worthless and a waste of money.

They, now, just claim themselves as an advertising company and that is pretty much it.

They won't tell you what has sold in the past as they claim that they are not involved with any of the transactions.

Plus, you have to keep updating your listing if you want it to appear more closer to the top of the listings.

And, they don't respond back in the time indicated (24 hours) it is more like a couple of weeks before anyone will respond back unless you call them and chew them out. (Which I have had to do on various occasions.)

As for buying thru SMTN; it is the owner who paid for the advertisement that you will be in contact with as these people do no leg work at all and just sit there collecting people's money.

So, if you see one on their website and you would like to purchase it, it is helping out those like myself who foolishly paid these scam artists to advertise on this fraudulent website.

I hope this helps anyone who is questioning this company. Don't try to sell through them; but, do try to be cautious when purchasing through their website as some people are just a snake as the developer who sold it in the first place.

1 month ago
Sep 05, 2018

By lancec13

SELLING thru SMTN

aa221 wrote:
I have had a listing on SMTN for two (2) years and it hasn't sold to this day....Don't try to sell through them; but, do try to be cautious when purchasing through their website as some people are just a snake as the developer who sold it in the first place.

The reason your unit hasn't sold is probably because you are asking too much for it. This isn't a knock against you personally. SMTN's MO is to charge owners a high listing fee and then try to justify it by suggesting that the owners list their units for way more money than any sane buyer looking to buy a resale would pay for it.

I don't know if you've looked at comparable ads on SMTN but they are usually way out of line for resale prices. If you really want to sell your unit and don't really care how much you get for it, then I would suggest lowering the asking price. Also, try using other sites such as here on RedWeek, My Resort Network, E-Bay or Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com). If you're willing to give your unit away for free just to get rid of it and stop having to pay maintenance fees, TUG has a Bargain Deals section that allows you to list for free that you want to give your unit away. You could also try asking the resort to take your unit back.

The key, however, is to list it at a realistic price. Sadly, for over 90% of the units out there, and contrary to what SMTN might try to convince you of, a realistic resale price is about zero dollars.

1 month ago
Sep 05, 2018

By roie

I want file a class action lawsuit against SMTN. Send me an email.

1 month ago
Sep 07, 2018

By ninac75

OK, so we fell for it too I guess. And YES I am so mad that I believe a class action suit is in order.

They pressure you to make a decision within days, gave us the impression they were selling to brokers not consumers, when I asked for their website they gave me their LLC name not THE website they are advertising from, nor did they give me any referrals from previous customers that have SOLD.

The Seller's dashboard and the "rolling" offers just "offers" (who cares about offers). If this is real estate why is it not being treated as such. With other properties I can do a search to see when and for what price properties actually sold for.

roie wrote:

1 month ago
Sep 09, 2018

By ken1193

You don't have a snowball's chance in Hades of successfully filing suit against SMTN (or ever seeing any refund).

SMTN is a overpriced "listing" service --- no more, no less. Grossly overpriced and generally ineffective, but certainly not doing anything illegal. Their "clients" make the (poor, but voluntary) choice, entirely of their own free will, to pay far too much money to place a (usually overpriced) "listing" that is unlikely to actually yield any successful results. Savvy buyers are generally not inclined to even take SMTN seriously, if they even bother to look at it at all.

Bad personal decisions are not much of a basis on which to attempt to initiate legal action. No attorney I know would ever touch this "case" with a 10 foot pole, as there is little or no prospect for achieving redress.

roie wrote:

Last edit by ken1193 on Sep 16, 2018 07:17 AM.

1 month ago
Sep 16, 2018

By donp196

Ken is right . They word their contract so they meet the requirements of your agreement . No one reads the contract before signing it . I'm guilty of that at times myself . Don't shoot the messengers .

1 month ago
Sep 16, 2018

Message deleted.

3 days ago
Oct 17, 2018

By bertskiis

Looking for some real info before I buy a timeshare thur SMTN. Thanks. Bert

Last edit by phyl21 on Oct 17, 2018 07:35 AM.

3 days ago
Oct 17, 2018

By lancec13

bertskiis wrote:
Looking for some real info before I buy a timeshare thur SMTN. Thanks. Bert

Just be careful that you do not pay too much. SMTN tends to have listings for way above market value. See if you can find a similar unit for sale on other websites such as here on RedWeek, E-Bay, My Resort Network, or Timeshare Users Group.

Also, check to make sure that any unit you see for sale on SMTN is still valid. Many listings tend to sit there for ages and get outdated.

3 days ago
Oct 17, 2018

page 10 of 10

«  prev page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   next page  »

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests and Members
Sign in or register for free