Point Systems

RCI Points

Apr 06, 2014

It sounds like your studio has not been converted to RCI points. It sounds like it is still a part of the weeks system. In that system the weeks are given a number value for trading power- tpu's or trading power units. They range from 3-60. So your studio would get 22 tpu's in the RCI weeks system. This is not the same as the points in the RCI points system. You may also be able to deposit it into the points system if you own at another RCI points resort that is currently enrolled in points. You would have to pay an extra fee *$29 I think, and let them know you want to do a PFD or points for deposit into your points account and find out how many points you would get for that.

Tracey S.
Oct 26, 2014

Hi Martin ! I know you posted this a long time ago but was wondering if you were ever able to resolve the issue ?

martinr10 wrote:
Hello,

I am a II user but am looking to purchase some RCI points to goto the places II doesn't (new York London etc). How does the points system work? is it an instant exhange or do I need to request? How does the RCI points work with airlines?

Also, does anyone knows how many points I would need for a week in NYC?

Many thanks Martin

Amanda M.
Feb 01, 2015

I am planning on continuing my purchasing agreement with Silverleaf who we are told that is part of RCI my question is now that we have decided to stay with silverleaf we want to experience RCI we know little to nothing about RCI and what to even do when we want to rent a timeshare... what will my first steps need to be

Heather P.
Feb 02, 2015

heatherp250 wrote:
I am planning on continuing my purchasing agreement with Silverleaf who we are told that is part of RCI my question is now that we have decided to stay with silverleaf we want to experience RCI we know little to nothing about RCI and what to even do when we want to rent a timeshare... what will my first steps need to be

RCI is an exchange company that allows timeshare owners to deposit their units so that they can exchange for use of another one. So if you decided that one year, you did not want to use your Silverleaf unit, you could deposit that week into RCI's pool. Then, you could look for a suitable week that you want to use and is available in RCI's pool.

RCI charges an annual fee (about $100 but you better check that) plus an exchange fee each time you exchange (about $200).

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.