Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club

President's Week at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club

Apr 10, 2008

I have been considering purchasing a resale at the Marriott Surf Club but after speaking to time share owners I decided not to pursue. I decided to look elsewhere because of the over crowding at the pool and beach. Having to get up at a certain time and extremely early to get a lounge or shaded area or the umbrella covered papalyas is not my idea of a vacation. I am a teacher so I am limited to when I take my vacation. I know I want a very warm climate to go to in Feb.

Can someone let me know about their experience at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club during President's week?

Joy S.
Apr 24, 2008

joyd24 wrote:
I have been considering purchasing a resale at the Marriott Surf Club but after speaking to time share owners I decided not to pursue. I decided to look elsewhere because of the over crowding at the pool and beach. Having to get up at a certain time and extremely early to get a lounge or shaded area or the umbrella covered papalyas is not my idea of a vacation. I am a teacher so I am limited to when I take my vacation. I know I want a very warm climate to go to in Feb.

Can someone let me know about their experience at the Marriott Aruba Ocean Club during President's week?

Hi, The Ocean Club is the place to stay. There are plenty of huts and pool lounges. Must less crowded than the Surf Club. My wife is a teacher also.

Allan D.

Last edited by marty8084 on Apr 24, 2008 02:21 PM

May 23, 2008

allan101 wrote:
joyd24 wrote:

Hi, The Ocean Club is the place to stay. There are plenty of huts and pool lounges. Must less crowded than the Surf Club. My wife is a teacher also.

Greg G.
May 23, 2008

Try Marriott's Ocean Point, at Palm Beach Shores Fl. Just as nice if not nicer without the crowds.

Greg G.
Aug 06, 2008

The situation has mostly been corrected now that Surf Club only allows Surf Club owners/guest into the Lazy River. In the past two years, the Surf Club and Ocean club have had shared rights, which is no longer the case. Once they changed the policy, this all changed. Also - no matter where you vacation on a holiday week, you'll always need to get up early in the morning for a lounge chair. Unfortunately, it's just that way anywhere you go when the place is full. If you've ever stayed in a Surf Club unit - it's really hard to go backwards!

Evan B.
Apr 02, 2013

is it true you have to purchase platium plus in order to get presidents week. i have also been told that even if you do it's not guarenteed ? help, i dont want to make a purchase if i cant have that week for the grandsons.

thanks for your help charlene

Charlene M.
Apr 02, 2013

i too am thinking about purchasing, BUT what i have learned is that you cannot get presidents week unless you have platium Plus ownership. And it is still not guarenteed. what do you know about this?

thanks charlene

Charlene M.
Apr 29, 2013

Totally different experience. The beach is uncrowded and the pool is nowhere near as crowded as Surf Club. We bought about 8 years ago and have gone Pesident's week every year. They tried to get us to buy Surf Cluib and we are so glad we didn't. Ocean Club is by far the better option.

Michael S.

Last edited by phyl21 on Apr 29, 2013 09:48 PM

Jul 26, 2013

How do you get presidents week I own two weeks two BR at ocean club and have tried last two years unsuccessfully! Very disappointed as we would like to take grandchildren as we had dine for 11 years before oldest entered middle school and can not miss school

michaels90 wrote:
Totally different experience. The beach is uncrowded and the pool is nowhere near as crowded as Surf Club. We bought about 8 years ago and have gone Pesident's week every year. They tried to get us to buy Surf Cluib and we are so glad we didn't. Ocean Club is by far the better option.

Brenda C.
Mar 26, 2014

Is it true that if you are staying at Marriott Ocean club you can use the Surf club and hotel pools but not the other way around? Is it very over crowded that week?

Gina F.
Mar 26, 2014

I have been trying to get presidents week for three years. Own two call thirteen months and try to book three consecutive weeks. Lockout,one BR and than the 2BR for family presidents weeks. Have never gotten it. How do you get it every year.

michaels90 wrote:

Brenda C.
Jan 08, 2015

I own presidents week at the surf, u can reserve huts 3 days at a time, never a prob.

Charlene M.

Last edited by astephens on Jan 12, 2015 07:58 AM

Jan 09, 2015

This is an old string message

L D.

Last edited by ld117 on Jan 09, 2015 07:46 AM

Jan 13, 2015

How do you reserve huts ahead of time and do you have to pay per day?? We have been to the Marriott Aruba several times- never stayed at Ocean Club and never during February break- is it really that crowded??

Gina F.
Jan 13, 2015

Hi you state you get presidents week every year!! What is your secret? I have two weeks call exactly at 9:00 est and go on line on two computers and have never gotten it!

Brenda C.
Jan 13, 2015

Hi you state you get presidents week every year!! What is your secret? I have two weeks call exactly at 9:00 est and go on line on two computers and have never gotten it!

brendac250 wrote:
I have been trying to get presidents week for three years. Own two call thirteen months and try to book three consecutive weeks. Lockout,one BR and than the 2BR for family presidents weeks. Have never gotten it. How do you get it every year.

michaels90 wrote:

Brenda C.
Mar 11, 2015

It's not true that you need platinum plus to get President's Week at the Aruba Ocean Club. Don't know about the Surf Club, as my timeshare is not there. I have a platinum ownership, and I have never had any trouble getting President's week.

Also, the "getting up early" business is still true, because let's face it, President's week is the most booked.

Too bad the Marriott didn't anticipate this problem (and get govt. permission to put up more palapas). They could also increase the chaises at poolside, because the scarcity of both IS the most annoying thing about staying there. Especially when you consider how much we originally paid for the timeshare, and the increased maintenance costs.

Vicki M.
Mar 11, 2015

There is no platinum plus at the Ocean Club. As for getting a week at Presidents week, its close to impossible unless you have a lot of weeks and can book early. If you have 2 weeks, then you can book 13 months in advance. If you need Presidents week, there are usually several for rent on Red Week. If you do it from Marriot directly, you will pay double. Jmo.

Allan D.
Mar 27, 2015

You can reserve palapas for 3 days at the Ocean Club but only 2 days at the Surf Club. Been going as a owner for 8 years - just got back last night - and I will tell you, the Surf Club is way too crowded. Trying to get a chair at the pool is an absolute joke as well. People put tags on chairs at 7:30 AM and then don't come to sit in the chair until 3:00 PM. Kids under the age of 18 are in the serenity pool.

Sheri N.
Apr 12, 2016

We have enjoyed our timeshare at the Aruba Ocean Club for over 15 years. While it's true that during the President's Week you would need to "compete" for a beach palapa, I have found that aiming for a more secluded part of the pool, I can usually find a chaise or chair, often under an umbrella/table, almost any time of the day. We prefer these quieter areas, because we are not fans of the bingo games, exercise groups, live music, or patter of many large and little feet that go along with MOST large resort or time share's main pool areas. Otherwise, I have found that the Ocean Club premises never seem to be crowded, and the staff is attentive, professional and friendly. The premises are well kept, very clean, attractive and up-to-date. The room units are user-friendly, as are the beds. We still enjoy our time here, even when we come during Presidents week.

joyd24 wrote:

Vicki M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.