Aug 13, 2009

Both the Market and our new clubhouse are both coming along almost like they intend to finish them quickly as are the phase 2 MC construction. I took some pictures but I don't think I can post them here. I might open a new facebook account and post them there for everyone to see and if I do then I will come pack and let everyone know.

On your question about SB owners getting golf rights. Actually, as I understand it, one of the courses is totally private with a $125K membership fee to the Quivira homeowners and one is public. And when I say public that certainly includes SB and MC owners but it may also mean anyone at the resort that is just renting. The only part in question is that MC owners also got a rider giving two people 50% off green fees on the public course. I was very surprised when Alberto told me that I could buy a timeshare for $7K and recover my lost golf rider (but not as surprised as the fact that I lost it at all). So, I guess that this would imply that SB owners and or renters possibly (hey and why stop there probably Ritz owners and Pacifica renters) will have access to the public course (albeit at full green fees assuming it is every built).

Once again, the manager (or really sub manager) Luis told me that for sure 18 holes out of the 36 of the two courses would definitely be finished by April next year but neither Bob, Alberto or Mark (yet another sales guy) would not take that bet. Mark looked at me and said, with a straight face I might add, that "we do not build golf courses. This is Arnold and Jack's fault along with the environmentalists and some lawyers who sued us over the beach line".

One would think that the resort would try to make the people who financed all this building feel just a tiny bit more like partners. After all, even at Albertos admission, there is about a $2M profit margin (I believe it is closer to $2.5M or $3M) on each and every MC villa. At 80 villas in phase 1 that is at minimum $160M profit with an ongoing $8M in maintenance reciepts a year and climbing (phase 1 only).

But, at some point one just has to smile and drink their koolaid laced margheritta:)

Kerry D.
Aug 13, 2009

for 2009 pics of MC phase 2 go here http://s905.photobucket.com/albums/ac260/montycristocabo/

Kerry D.

Last edited by kerryd19 on Aug 13, 2009 11:07 PM

Jul 08, 2010

would you post the maps of phase two again....

Deborah S.
Aug 22, 2010

Did you ever have any luck cancelling. we purchased in may 2010 and sent an email within 24hours asking to cancel and they responded within 24 hours saying that we could not. which we know is not true. we are still fighting but nonone is responding

Karen O.
Aug 22, 2010

Not sure if you were asking me this question, but I did successfully cancel my original purchase and bought instead on the after market. I thought that was a good deal but now withthe buzz that the golf courses are now off again and who knows for sure who will be operating Pacifica, I am not so sure even at my reduced price and maint. fees.

But I am confused as to why this is an issue for you. Unless you paid them in cash in that first 24 hours, I assume you paid with a US credit card. Why did you not just declare the downpayment and entire contract as void to your Credit Card company and force a charge back. I'm pretty sure the CC company has to at least hold back those charges until the issue is resolved in a US court. And if you are simply worried about a contract made in Mexico...just don't pay on it and let them come after you in the US. I doubt it will hurt your credit rating that much if the charges are held in dispute. If, on the other hand you wrote a check, surely you could put a stop payment on the check before it was collected on within 24 hours?

But yes you should have the right to rescind. I told them I needed 20 days to decide and they gave it to me and I still canceled after about 11 days. But I paid the initial amount on a new credit line that they set up for me and was approved onsight. So it never touched my bank account and I just canceled with the creditor. There was no problem. Of course this was a long time ago and only 35 villas had even been built and probably only a few completely sold out.

Kerry D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.