Timeshare Companies

Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Jun 23, 2010

the less points, the more the average annual cost per point is. The base fee and Club fee are about $300 (Is it $270?). So almost a third of their annual is the flat fee while your flat fee is less than 10%.

Beck
Jul 27, 2010

Please post if you hear from the senators. It just keeps going doesn't it. We bought in Scottsdale under Sunterra where they talked us into point system I can see some merit in this but it leaves a lot of other questions. I feel that Diamond is going to get a lot of flack. if that works depends on who sees the complaints. Even though they have a solid contract you sign how can they continue to get away with high pressure sales that do not show any of the negative but push the good things about points? We went under the "umbrella" of the club and when we did they said it would help keep our maintenance fees down, not true when they double, last year was 25% on the tail of 2008's huge rise. We cannot afford to take vacation after paying the maintenance fee with the high amount of points we have.

Ruth H.
Aug 12, 2010

At this point if the legal recourse is to grab them what keeps them from ruining your credit and sending creditors after you? Wits end here....way too much points and too little money.we can't even rent for what our maintenance fees are and who does that benefit? We lose our vacations to become rental agents for diamond?

Marlie V.
Aug 12, 2010

$245 for Club Fee, $197 for Operational fees and fees per point (2010).1102 is what I was quoted

Marlie V.
Aug 20, 2010

Have a look at www.canyoutrusthem.com and as soon as I can find some one to translate the Dutch I will post it as Diamond have not respected the Judgment!* Pamela you need to make case in the States!

Pamela J.
Aug 20, 2010

Have a look at www canyoutrustthem com as the Judge told Diamond I told the truth but I can not find a decent price for translation PJ

Pamela J.
Oct 30, 2010

I cant believe there is no solution to this..

So I did not pay my fees since January 2011...well just got a cert letter from some attorney and they state my time share is in foreclosure and I have to pay the fees first, so that I own it again to even transfer now!

This is crazy!

Did anyone here find a real way to deal with this problem?

Chris W.
Oct 30, 2010

I was lured into Diamond Resorts by Sunterra who claimed they were in good financial standing in 2006, when they were actually going bankrupt and were already beginning to sell themselves to Diamond Resorts.

I lodged a complaint yesterday with the Federal Trade Commission.This is a good idea for us all to do, as it helps them investigate fraud. Here's the link: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Any other Diamond Resort owners that are interested in class action suits? In taking over the management of their own home resorts? Our resort is in Sedona. We should push back on Diamond Resorts soon, before more owners give up, and Diamond Resorts starts to scam others with these new openings.

Cindy K.
Oct 30, 2010

Is there some unusual, inappropriate arrangement between Diamond Resorts and Interval International?! When we were transferring our timeshare points to Interval last year, the agent mentioned that they were "upstairs" in the same building.

Cindy K.
Oct 30, 2010

Band together with other DRI owners. I know another Sunterra (now DRI) resort where the owners did that and have lowered their maintenance fees and are real owners.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/drilawsuit/

Also, complain to the federal trade commission. They have an online complaint system.

Cindy K.
Oct 30, 2010

Please complain to the Federal Trade Commission

www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov Also, join a group and band together with others to take over management of your property!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/drilawsuit/

Cindy K.
Oct 31, 2010

We can't do much now as we already lost all we had invested in timeshare. (about $50,000.) We had time shares for 18 years and were vey happy.In the next two years, They lied to us each year and talked us into adding more which we did, also told us that if we put them in the trust, it would keep our maintenance fees from rising quickly. Every year I was renting weeks thru RedWeek and having my vacations also. Then after we put it in the trust, maintenance fees more than doubled in one year and I could not longer rent it to cover maintainence fees. Then a companny called Apex sent us a card for a meeting about getting rid of our timeshare. We thought it was to sell it and when we ended up at the meeting, they put such a scare into us as to what the timeshare resorts were going , that we ended up giving them $5,490. to take the timeshares out of our name. I feel very sure that companies like this is taking advantage of people and then giving them back to Diamond Resorts for resale. I wish so much that something could be done to keep these people from taking advantage of more people like us.

Mary M.
Nov 20, 2010

From what I have read it is 50 for how many weeks you own. A one time fee.

Barb S.
Nov 24, 2010

Please everybody have a look at the site www.canyoutrustthem.com and you will see the truth of what they have done. The court was held and Diamond Resorts lost but they have appealed the case as they do not like being told what the Judge told their lawyer. I do have a lawyer who will continue the cases here on St Martin and his name is Mr MADURO. The appeal is December 16 2010 so anyone here on St Martin please come along. The Judge is a retired Supreme Court Judge who also told Diamond's lawyer to open an administrative office on st Martin and they have not complied I STILL have not received any form of contract as proof of ownership so I a; going to the Prosecutor's office tomorrow and will show him the proposed Maintenance fees I shall keep you informed as to the next threats from Diamond They lost their case but want to appeal If anyone wants to join in a case against them let me know pamelzoe@yahoo.com

Pamela J.
Nov 25, 2010

Is there any way that I can sell my timeshare back to DRI? I am fed up with their nonsense. I just received a bill from them for $1618 to cover my annual membership fee and other expenses. Since DRI took over from Suntera, my fee has increased about $200 per year. Has anyone tried to sell their timeshare back to DRI?

Nena A.
Nov 26, 2010

As most owners are in the States you need to see what you can do there. I visited the Prosecutor's office yesterday but they are not interested,they have too many murders t solve. However I was given a name of a Fraud Detective who I will visit. Ther is NO administration office on st Maarten for that company and therefore is any of the money PAID in the States forwardedto St Maarten for the MAINTENANCE>>> I don't think so as I live here and have not seen evidence Ask in th States if the Taxes are being paid for all the Internet income that they are receiving and for which I have not received a receipt. The Judge here on St Maarten in April 2010 told Diamond resorts lawyer that his boss had to open an office. Thy havenot. Also the fees at the other resorts are arounf $700. On a PHOTOCOPIED STATEMENT SENT Diamond Resorts claim unreal fees for MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATIONS..............HOW if there is NO office. its time now that there is some action taken. The lawyer who assisted me will contnue as he has seen what is going on. Should anyone want to continue please let me know and shall send your details to him MR EDWIN MADURO and he won my case against Diamond Resorts for me and it was FAST and not YEARS Even the British owners too contact us pamelzoe@yahoo.com

Pamela J.
Dec 02, 2010

I have been a diamond owner for four years and watched the mf rise 40 percent under the point system. I did find out that they currently have a surrender period that allows you to give back the time share so as long as no morgage is held. I decided to cut my losses and not think about selling something that is unsellable. Diamond is taking our maintense and buying new properties. Oh they charged me 250.00 to surrender!

Tracy W.
Dec 02, 2010

they have opened a window to surrender your timeshare for 250.00. after my m/f raised. I cut the lost and move on because they are not sellable. Call and ask respresentative to tranfer you to area that accepts points. I hope this was helpful

Tracy W.
Dec 13, 2010

Are there any legal ramifications to simply not paying my maintenance fee besides having my timeshare foreclosed? I understand that foreclosure means I lose my timeshare, but will Diamond slap me with foreclosure fees and other costs?

I have had it with these people. I do not see any other way to get out of this except refuse to pay the maintenance fee. But a friend told me that this might cost me legal problems. I am ready to just cut my losses. Does anyone know if this might not be a good decision?

Nena

Nena A.
Dec 13, 2010

I tried to join your group but you did not respond.

Robert R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.