Timeshare Companies

Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Jan 05, 2011

I shall have to have your private email address is possible as I can not put his details on this site until I have his confirmation. You can send you details to me at pamelzoe@yahoo.com I am going AGAIN tomorrow to see him as AGAIN I have not received any letter with invoices for the weeks I own. Diamond Resorts International usually send my M Fees letters to the BAHAMAS and addressed to me daughter who is too young to receive such letters. They claim when they type in St Martin it "automatically comes up as BAHAMAS" I also have NEVER received the NEW weeks I purchased from a previous owner and DIAMOND tell me they will not issue contracts as I bought from a private owner and not them! They also told me to collect the old contracts from the SALES OFFICE! AH! perhaps they have forgotten they closed the sales office at FLAMINGO BEACH RESORT> They collected the TITLE TRANSFER FEES of $250 per week so $500! They also collected the oevr $2000 US dollars for the weeks that the then MANAGER LOU told me I could not use and to 'get a good lawyer" Those weeks I could have used as they know so very well with a n AUTHORISATION LETTER from the owner as DIAMOND had not done the transfers. Last year their legal counsel ELIZABETH BRENNAN wrote I could not use the weeks as I had not paid the Maintenance Fees and THEY DID NOT EVEN SEND THEM NOR HAVE I ANY PROOF OF OWNERSHIP. As I also used to sell timeshare for one of the financiers of the resort I know very well that when the TITLE TRANSFER FEE was paid a NEW contract in the NEW OWNERS names was issued. That is a NORMAL practice? However Diamond Resort International have also not done what the Judge in the COURT HOUSE told their lawyer to do> open a FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS OFFICE where people can go and pay their fees. As there is now an in depth discussion in the DAILY HERALD and the TODAY newspapers on St MAARTEN about the PELICAN SAGA I shall also see what can be exposed about the Flamingo case. Let us all get together as where are the HIGH fees going? I have only in previous years received a PHOTOCOPIED scrap of paper with unreal and NOT QUALIFIED figures. How can they charge administration fees and management fees when there is no management and no administration office on St Maarten. Everybody needs to contact the Minister of Tourism on St Maarten in the new parliamnet FRANKLIN MEYERS as well as the opposition person LOUIS LAVEIST who has an article today against JULES JAMES who curiously up until recently was the General Manager of Flamingo Beach. Anyone wanting to have their letters published DO SO to editorial@thedailyherald.com. I don't have the TODAY contact but I will get it. My question is IF as it is only possible I pay my maintenance fees to an address in LAS VEGAS for a resort on St MAARTEN where does the money go? Pamela

Pamela J.
Jan 12, 2011

gary769 wrote:
ermanc wrote:
Greetings, Can anyone verify DRI is still accepting units and points using a surrender process. Also need to verify the fee. Is it $250 per unit or $250 for the service including multiple weeks etc.

Thx Erman

I believe you can surrender them, and the $250 fee is the transfer fee per week. I do not know if they will charge you the transfer fee to surrender.

I just called DRI and they said there is "no such thing" as surrending one's contract back to DRI... I have points, no deed, and everything is paid up to date. I feel they are just saying this to avoid taking back any more contracts.

I would really like to know really specific information on how to surrender a DRI contract.

P S.
Jan 28, 2011

With all that is now happening on St Maarten it's time that the Government gets involved. The timeshare owners at Pelican and Flamingo have kept the island going for more than 20 years but it seems that the Government does not care nor about their own people who have lost their jobs. The bad publicity is something that the St Maarten Government should really note well. Its time that the DEVELOPERS/ OWNERS of such properties are investigated. Where do they pay their taxes? Where do they obtain their licences from? For example, the Diamond resorts properties have their 'office' in Las Vegas and the land title in EDINBURGH SCOTLAND. There are no administration not management offices on St Maarten yet part of the m Fees claims for both. The fees have doubled in two years. The manager of Flamingo was JULES JAMES who regularly in the owner's meetings ridiculed and made statements about how bad Pelican was............. Now that same man is the Manager of Pelican...... Perhaps the ability to function as a Manager of Jules James should also be looked into and why he left Diamond to go to Pelican?

Pamela J.
Jan 29, 2011

Hi I just surrendered my 8500 diamond points. it cost 250.00 to give back in 12/2010 because of the errouneous fees. you need to contact the loss mitigation department at 1-800-279-7764 and say good riddens!

Tracy W.
Jan 29, 2011

1-800-279-7764 loss mitigation department for diamond!

Tracy W.
Feb 14, 2011

tracyw148 wrote:
Hi I just surrendered my 8500 diamond points. it cost 250.00 to give back in 12/2010 because of the errouneous fees. you need to contact the loss mitigation department at 1-800-279-7764 and say good riddens!

how long did the surrender process take from the date when DRI received the required paperwork (and fee) in the mail?

Tim R.
Feb 14, 2011

Why are you all surrendering YOUR weeks to them? They will then resell them and make more money in their pockets. It should be a fight not a surrender...

Pamela J.
Feb 15, 2011

It took about 30 days for every thing.

Tracy W.
Feb 15, 2011

You only fight when something is worth fighting for and just look at ebay, everyone is trying to give these timeshare away because of the high fees.

Tracy W.
Feb 15, 2011

That is exactly what Stephen Cloobeck wants everyone to do.... get rid of weeks owners to sell to points owners who then trade them in to resell to make more money. Here on St Maarten now as Pelican is due to close this weekend, all the LOYAL owners who have kept the economy alive now will leave.. however so you know two people, owners at FLAMINGO Resort sold their weeks for $12,000 to new owners. So why give them away if you can sell them..,

Pamela J.
Feb 15, 2011

I did not know about these changes but I have another issue to bring up. The Gold Club is a sham. I belong to both Interval and Club Interval because I was lied to years ago about what is included now in Club Select. The salesman said that I could bank my Mexico weeks and when I asked about it I couldn't. I had to pay again for the Trust to get the benefits I should have had before. Back to the Gold Club $25.00 discount. DR Interval has a shorter period to qualify for the discount than the normal Gold Club discount.

KarenR
Mar 02, 2011

tracyw148 wrote:

did you get to use your 2010 points before surrendering?

Sheri K.
Mar 03, 2011

tracyw148 wrote:

did you receive a letter or email (or something) at the end showing the transfer back to DRI was finalized?

Tim R.
Mar 04, 2011

Just FYI. If you are a weeks owner, there is generally a market for your timeshare, even if it is a fraction of what you paid for it. Redweek is a good source for selling your week. Ebay does sell timeshares, I have bought several there. If you are a points owner, this is where there may be very little if any value. The only reasonable solution for a points owner in this market, may be to surrender it.

Gary B.
Mar 05, 2011

Greetings, Here is a way to improve how you use your DRI deeded ownership. For those that are deeded weeks owners that trade on RCI you might consider becoming an RCI points member so you can trade your deeded DRI (former Sunterra weeks) for RCI Points. You'll then have the flexibility to do RCI points trades into all their points properties. I actually had to buy an RCI points trading timeshare (Vacation Village at Parkway in Orlando) on eBay to make me eligible to join RCI points (no additional fee over your RCI weeks membership). Now my 4bd/4ba lockoff units at Historic Powhatan Plantation in Williamsburg can either be deposited in RCI weeks (one 4bd/4ba or two 2bd/2ba units) or deposited as 40,000 RCI pts per 2bd/2ba. So my 4bd/4ba units equal 80,000 RCI points per year. Lots of choices for trading into all the RCI points properties so for me this is the ultimate in flexibility. One added data point, you can easily buy the Historic Powhatan or the Vacation Village for under $100 on eBay plus closing costs (approx $400). DRI may be over pricing the MFs, but they are improving the properties. My point would be if you want to avoid the very high DRI cost of converting your deeded units to points, enjoy the best of both worlds by buying deeded units cheap and when desired trade for RCI points vacations for flexibility.

Hope this helps.

EC

PS: If you just want out of your DRI points or deeded units and don't think they will sell for anything DRI will accept them as surrendered units for following fees: $250/points membership surrendered and $85/deeded unit surrendered. MFs must be current. Call the loss mitigation unit at DRI - phone 1-800-279-7764. BTW: They do this to have more resort inventory for their high cost point membership sales.

Erman C.
Mar 06, 2011

If you are just going to surrender your deeded week at either one of these resorts, don't give it to DRI. Contact me and we will work something out at no cost to you. We don't want DRI to have more votes than they already have. Paulsen5257@comcast.net

Keith P.
May 07, 2011

Please have a look at the site www.drip.webs.com and join Also you can email andrew.penman@mirror.co.uk who is doing an investigation in the UK Also www.canyoutrustthem.com /Diamond resorts where I won my case against them so now for revenge they have blocked me using my weeks. I have been to the Inspectorate of Taxes as the over $32 million dollars is not on st Maarten bu in Las vegas

Pamela J.
May 07, 2011

Have a look and join www.drip.webs.com and join Also you can contact andrew.penman@mirror.co.uk as he is an investigative journalist in the UK This will get coverage of everything that DRI are doing Also find CLOOBECK on www.prweb.com/releases/2010/02/prweb3593834.htm TODAY newspaper on St Maarten ran an article about my situation and the Inspectorate of Taxes has copies of the Budget for Flamingo Have a look..

Pamela J.
May 07, 2011

For Flamingo Beach Resort club owners. TODAY newspaper ran a front page article on DRI and the total collected in Maintenance fees is over $32 million paid to LAS VEGAS and nothing on St Maarten. The Inspectorate of Taxes has copies of the budget statements. Have a look at the Tuesday TODAY newspaper on St Maarten. There is also a big action going on the UNITED KINGDOM. Andrew PENMAN is an investigative journalist have a look at www.blogs.mirror.uk and search Diamond resorts. There is a site now as well www.drip.webs.com to join DIAMOND RESORT INTERNATIONAL PROTESTORS

Pamela J.
May 07, 2011

Have a look at www.canyoutrustthem.com Diamond resorts www.drip.webs.com www.blogs.mirror.uk and search Diamond resorts contact andrew.penman@mirror.co.uk a journalist Also look at www.prweb.com/releases/2010/02/prweb3593834.htm to see what a charitable person CLOOBECK is!

Pamela J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.