Timeshare Companies

Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Jul 14, 2011

Hi Guido, I am MNOP, my initial user ID, sorry for the confusion. I referenced the articles because a number of people said they didn't know the rules for club membership. It's just very frustrating when I read years of complaining and partial information posts... I hope your endeavor and persistence pays off.

Beck
Jul 16, 2011

Guido??? Add me to the list of concerned owners of DRI properties. I am an owner at the Ridge in Sedona Arizona. I wrote a letter of complaint (2008) to the Board Members at the Ridge who voted for increases in two straight years - they apparently were employees of DRI as their email addresses ended in @dri. I never heard a word in response to my complaints. I also read through the many emails listed on Redweek.com and didn't see anyone else mention the conflict of interest of Board Members who were employed by DRI. I also had some contact with an outgoing board member who was also extremely frustrated with the DRI people on the board. I have a copy of my letter, but don't know how to attach it to this reply. My name is Larry Sheppard and my email address is lshep6@comcast.net. Let me know what to do next.

Larry S.
Jul 17, 2011

Please keep me in the loop. I am extremely disappointed with diamond resorts and would like to be included in the class action suit. Please feel free to contact me at sibner@ earthlink.net Or call 310 784-7170 message center for my work. Thanks. Linda sibner

Linda S.
Jul 25, 2011

I also am a Diamond Resort owner that is extremely upset with their practices.I bought into Sunterra about 2 years prior to Diamond buying them out,my maintenance fee has since gone from $700.00 per year to $1500.00 per year.ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.count me in on any action taken against Diamond. anyone wanting to reach me can do so at (papspal@peoplepc.com)

David A.
Jul 25, 2011

Considering surrendering our deeded ODD week at Poipu due to ill health of husband. First are you an individual or a timeshare resale company. How would the process work.

Your post is 4 months old so not sure if you are still doing this. Please let us know. How can we contact you directly.

Linda N.
Jul 25, 2011

I hate to hear that your husband is ill and also that you are really considering surrendering your deed. DRI has really screwed all of us (IMHO). Beware of ANY timeshare resale company that wants you to pay them one dime. There are many timeshare scams (besides Diamond-yep) going around these days so be careful. Obviously surrendering it to Diamond Resorts will result in no money for you but it appears that they are taking some back. My gut feeling is that they have been able to take a lot of them back for free and in some cases, charged the owner a fee which I find repulsive. How nice of them to devalue our timeshare vacation to basically Zero......good luck and be careful.

Keith P.
Jul 31, 2011

I just called them, not 10 minutes ago, at the number I got from this forum - 1-800-279-7764 - and they informed me that they were not buying back points at this time. Any suggestions? Is there some specific language I should be using to get rid of my points??? I can't stand this company - like everyone else, I much perferred Sunterra. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Carol H.
Jul 31, 2011

I have also had it with Diamond maintenance fees are out of control!

Donna Y.

Last edited by donna1981 on Jul 31, 2011 03:16 PM

Jul 31, 2011

Join the British site run by Diamond Resorts Protestor's Group http;//drip.enjin.com and post your complaints as the BBC Watchdog and the Mirror newspaper are using that site as well.

Pamela J.
Jul 31, 2011

join http://drip.enjin.com The British site Diamond resorts Protestors Group

Pamela J.
Jul 31, 2011

Have a look and join http://drip.enjin.com .. the British site for Diamond Resorts Protestors Group in the UK

Pamela J.
Jul 31, 2011

Join the British site... http://drip.enjin.com The Diamond Resorts Protestors group in the UK/Great Britain also contact watchdog@bbc.com

Pamela J.
Jul 31, 2011

join http://drip.enjin.com The British site for DIAMOND RESORTS PROTESTORS GROUP IN THE UK also watchdog@bbc.co.uk send an email

Pamela J.
Aug 30, 2011

Once again, it is time for the annual meeting for the Hawaii Collection. We should collectively agree on 2 directors to be elected. If not, then Kathy Wheeler (incumbant, DRI Employee) and Laurie Kuhl, (also DRI employee) are no doubt going to be appointed by DRI. I don't have any strong feelings about any of the other candidates that are running, so I am just opening it up for discussion. We have until October 21st deadline for the return of proxies.

Gary B.
Oct 06, 2011

I too am looking to surrender my contract. Were you able to and how did you do it?

Laurie B.
Oct 07, 2011

Can anyone answer the question of surrendering our contract back to Diamond?Has everyone seen the assessment that we are being charged for the complete renovation of Poipu Point? I believe we are being held hostage to pay what ever their asking to enjoy our Vacation . Would like some feed back as Im trying to decide what I can do ? E-mail xambar@aol.com

Max O.
Oct 07, 2011

We have contacted the law firm (Ann Pelligrino) we saw on this site that specializes in TimeShare law. They say they can get you out of it for $1800. We checked with the Florida Bar Association and BBB. They seem very knowledgeable and have been doing timeshare stuff for quite while. We are so outraged at Diamond that we can't get rid of this thing fast enough. Been owners since 1998 and the fees have just gone up and up. You can rent cheaper than it costs for the maintenance fees. Personally, I think this latest assessment is the beginning of the end and they will ultimately go under. Who votes for a $66M project without telling anybody?

Jamie F.
Oct 07, 2011

Thank you for your response to this outrageous situation. I will keep you informed of what we find out and I encourage to keep us informed as well. I'm a believer in networking and joining forces for what is good, moral, and right for all the members. We bought into the Point of Poipu not for the extravagance's like that of a Westin, Marriott, St. Regis...but what the Point of Poipu offers is the accommodations of home at a comfort level for the middle class. Now, that the fees have more than tripled for the next 5 yrs. I'm certain this will become a hardship for many members. I think within the next several weeks we will see a lot more disgruntled members that will agree the fee are unacceptable. I also agree that the board is trying to force the deeded owners out in order to resell... My husband and I will be meeting next week with our realtor to discuss options to move forward. We are holding of at this time calling Diamond Loss & Mitigation Dept.(If they even have one???) and will continue to explore our options to exit. Once again thank you so much for your input. I will keep in touch as we learn more and hope you will do the same. I too wish you the best of luck dealing with these Corporate Greedy individuals that have put the owners at such financial risk. Sent: Friday, October 07, 2011 5:12 PM Subject: Poipu Point fees

First of all I cant believe no one has commented on our correspondence. I checked TUG & Redweek. Like you I spent the day investigating the best way to handle this situation. I called a friend who is in Real Estate in Arizona( since I live in the North Mid-West) for some input. She told me not to pay Diamond any more money period. She also told me to call Diamond (Loss & Mitigation Dept) and tell them I cannot continue to pay their Fee's. See what they say; any collections or forclosures are recorded in Hawaii and are never reported or recorded in the Mainland. Therefore should not affect credit rating for anyone living on the mainland. They will try to make you believe differently. She says Diamond is on the knife-edge 0f a class action suit. That in all their dealings they push the envelope. I am in my young 70's belong to the Marriott Vac. club, Disney Vac club. I have never had these problems even though some of their properties have been hit by hurricanes and some are older than Poipu Point. Since I also own points in the Hawaiian Collection I called Diamond to see how it affected that maintenance fee. I was told it will also be assessed at .1698 per point in addition to my maintenance fee only as a one time charge. This tells me they are trying to force out the deeded owners. I will be trying to rid myself of the Hawaiin collection also. I was told the points are worth something in the aftermarket. What ever you do I wish you luck. It is better to rid yourself of someone like Diamond Resorts. We can take our money and spend it with reputable people. Life is to short to support people that try to scam us out of the life we deserve. Sorry this is so long; wanted to keep you informed at what I learned. Thanks for your input.

Laurie B.
Oct 08, 2011

We were told (by the law firm who will be handing our case) that Diamond will wait 60 days after the January 21, 2012 deadline to pay the fees before they report you to the credit bureaus. However, part of the process is guidance from them (law firm) to notify the credit bureaus of the impending lawsuit. Ultimately, according to them, all the negatives get removed. This was of some concern to us because our FICO is in the low 800's and we really didn't want to jeopardize that.

Jamie F.
Oct 08, 2011

Sorry, typo. Should have read January 31, 2012 deadline.

Jamie F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.