Timeshare Companies

Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Nov 30, 2011

Why walk away?! Please don't just walk away.

Imagine the thousands of people who have paid thousands for rooms and resorts that don't exist for them. When you walk away, you lower the numbers of this fact - that Diamond Resorts has oversold its product, misleading buyers to believe that the rooms exist when in fact they were already sold to another. Please don't walk away but demand fair business practices from this company. Please stand and let Diamond Resorts know that they have oversold and are overcharging maintenance fees. Above all...report it to your Attorney General using "Diamond Resorts International" as the company that sold to you. Though their hdqtrs are in NV, when they sell in a state the jurisdiction of the matter belongs to that state.

Cindy K.
Dec 01, 2011

I absolutely agree Don't let him win! Stand the ground he can not play with people as he wants...stand strong..

Pamela J.
Dec 01, 2011

This happened two years ago.

Charles S.
Dec 02, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Keith P.

Last edited by kpaul5257 on Jan 29, 2012 03:15 PM

Dec 02, 2011

I did not walk away, but I did not pay my maintenance fees and they just took the points away. I had them paid in full. They just took them away. I still had a bunch of other points but they were not paid for so they did not take those away.

However, there is a clause in the club rules that allows them to take away your points when you don't pay maintenance fees.

Charles S.
Dec 05, 2011

check these items on Google Diamond Resorts International Problems Diamond Resorts International Lawsuit Diamond Resorts Problems Diamond Resorts Lawsuit Poipu Owners Group Poipu Owners Lawsuit

David L.
Dec 05, 2011

Does anyone know when the British program that exposes stephen cloobeck and dri will be airing in England? Will we be be able to view it through You Tube or somewhere else here?

Susan A.
Dec 05, 2011

sherik43 wrote:
Hi Phil, I just sent you an email through my gmail. If you have any questions let me know. Good to know you're not a spy! :P

Hi -

I finally got through to Ricky in Collections at Diamond - at first he said I could try to sell or give away me membership . I asked him what would happen if I just did not pay my membership fee. - He said they would cancel my membership , and it would be reported to credit agencies. I told him my points were paid for, and only my maintenance fee was outstanding. After a rather lengthy conversation with him , and being put on hold while he talked to "Legal" - then he said they would NOT be reporting it to Credit Agencies .

I asked if the assessment fees for Poipu were looked at differently than other Maintenance fees and Ricky said no , they were a part of those fees.

So ... in the end , it was the same as was said to you .

Thank you for your help with this.

I know I am relinquishing ALLOT of money that I paid for these points..... however in looking at what the charges are for this year, and seeing that the Poipu assessment will be at least ANOTHER 2 years, that just looks like I am throwing good money away ... time to cut my losses .

If anyone has any better ideas, I would like to hear them.

Thanks to all. I think this is a very good forum, and I hope it continues !!

Phil K.
Dec 05, 2011

In the end, everyone must do what is best for their individual situation. It's hard to walk away from something that you planned to use for a long time or maybe a lifetime. However, sometimes we may have to let go for a more important reason or circumstance.

When you make this decision, don't look back. You'll be fine.

Charles S.
Dec 06, 2011

There may be a light at the end of the tunnel. Go to www.poipuowners.org and register. Stay informed.

David L.
Dec 06, 2011

to phil et al: re: walking away or allowing foreclosure-

it's probably a good idea to write a letter to dri (with your non-payment to billing/collections/legal) expressing your reasons for not paying. i would cc to corporate and all entities currently involved or mentioned in this forum. this way you will have documented your problems before leaving and then if there ever is a resolution to or need for your help in the "fight" there will be a record of those of us who felt forced into forfeiting our ownership/membership.

i will be drafting my own list of grievances and history with this company starting from the beginning and including our sales pitch. we still have the name and contact info to our salesman, the promises he pitched to us and the first letter and contact made regarding those in complaint to epic, the original company.

Sheri K.
Dec 07, 2011

FYI - Just received notice that "WE" have elected three new Board members for the Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort. Surprisingly, two of those are DRI employees. I know this has been the case at the Ridge for many years (no wonder maintenance fees continue to rise) and it sounds as though this is the case at many (Most??) DRI properties. Talk about conflict of interest.

Larry S.
Dec 07, 2011

We need to remove this company from ALL of our resorts!

David L.
Dec 07, 2011

This is how the time share developers to control the HOA board by putting the owners of DRI employees on the board. It is also happen in the Hawaii Collection that the board approved a $63M assessment for the water intrusion project. We only have one board member of non-DRI. The only way to handle this is by volting them out from the board, unless the non-DRI owners will take a active role in volting, DRI is acting for their own business interest.

Edward L.
Dec 08, 2011

The BBC Rip Off Britain will have a programme about Cloobeck and Diamond Resorts International on the BBC...

To watch Rip Off Britain on the internet :-

In the UK the BBC have an internet player that allows you to watch any programme you have missed for up to one week following its airing, it is called iplayer. (for some series,each episode is available for up to seven days after the last episode has been broadcast,as part of series catch up; of which i suspect this is one) iplayer can be found at www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer When you get there you can search iplayer for Rip Off Britain, the current series 3 is avaliable to view now up to episode 8 which was broadcast this morning.

Pamela J.
Dec 08, 2011

I tried the link, unfortunately the TV link did not allowed video to play outside UK. There are no equivalent program on the radio. Hope some one in UK can get the permission from BBC to put it up on sites such as You Tube or other similar websites for people to see outside UK. Another approach is to get BBC to the audio up as a radio program so that people outside UK can listen as a radio program.

Edward L.

Last edited by edwardl69 on Dec 08, 2011 09:51 PM

Dec 12, 2011

Hi Cindy, you posted in nov.about talking to an az investigator,have you done that/ Also how do you sign up on the hawaii wed site if you don't w own in hawaii?

Patricia M.
Dec 12, 2011

Undercover Boss Season 3 - Diamond Resorts The third season of the two-time Emmy Award-nominated reality series UNDERCOVER BOSS premieres at a new time on Sunday, January 15 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) as the CEO of Diamond Resorts (Stephen J. Cloobeck) journeys to the frontlines of his luxury resort and time share company for an unfiltered look inside the inner-workings of his corporation. Photo: Studio Lambert, Ltd./CBS ©2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.

This is something to see ... the photo! Have a look www.cbs.com Undercover Boss

Pamela J.
Dec 12, 2011

http://www.cbs.com/shows/undercover_boss/photos/78476/season-3-first-look/78474 All please look at what Stephen Cloobeck is now up to...

Pamela J.
Dec 12, 2011

That undercover boss show started off as a great concept but it has just become advertising for the companies now. They don't seem to do their homework either!

David L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.