Timeshare Companies

Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Dec 13, 2011

:)

Tammy S.

Last edited by tammy326 on Jan 18, 2012 02:08 PM

Dec 13, 2011

Tammy S.

Last edited by tammy326 on Jan 18, 2012 02:08 PM

Dec 13, 2011

What if ALL of the member resorts told them to stuff it?! Without our resorts they wouldn't exist!

David L.
Dec 13, 2011

Tammy S.

Last edited by tammy326 on Jan 18, 2012 02:09 PM

Dec 14, 2011

Please, everyone needs to send an email to CBS to suggest that they reconsider airing the show. Mention the upcoming show on BBC's Rip Off Britain featuring Steve Cloobeck and the inevitable law suits brewing because of their business practices. Tell them it would be a mistake for them to give him a platform to draw in more unsuspecting people. Invite them to read this and other forums and suggest they a do a segment on 60 minutes instead to expose him and his company to help protect other people.

Susan A.
Dec 14, 2011

Liked this venomjim

4 posts 0 Like US/Canada DRIP Update to my previous post:

Just checked to see if there were any more posts on CBS.com, the link is no longer valid and has been removed following some "website maintenance"... I guess they must have been asked to remove it following a request (and likely a large donation) from DRI.

Nothing at all under the "Undercover Boss" links anymore.

Interesting, but not surprising.

Two good links to spread to the masses:

http://poipuowners.org/Home_Page.php

https://www.facebook.com/pointatpoipu

Request widest distribution, DRI is (against State Law) not providing us with an owner's list as we generate a class action lawsuit against them.

If you want to re-post anything you may have put on the CBS Site, this one is up, at least for now: https://www.facebook.com/UndercoverBossCBS?sk=wall Posted 13 hours ago Report

Pamela J.
Dec 14, 2011

The connection for the Undercover Boss vanished this morning.. who do you think paid who to close it down.... no wonder he was on the www.AmericanMafia.com website... It is so so appalling.. Someone needs to contact President Obama and let him know who it is that gave that $35,000 political donation.. wonder if SJC's brother, father and wife did also.

Pamela J.
Dec 14, 2011

Please try again. Go to www.cbs.com/shows/undercover_boss. At the bottom of the page click on "feedback". Select "Undercover Boss" from scroll down menu and write your message. You will not see messages sent by others.

Susan A.
Dec 15, 2011

Please provide me with as much information as you can regarding which resort you own at, whether you are fixed week or in the club, how many points or points equivalency you hold, what you paid for it (particularly if you bought it at a DRI Presentation) and the history of annual maintenance/refurbishment/etc costs you've paid since you acquired your time share. I am compiling and will eventually post on the internet the true cost of time share ownership as well as the history of steeply increasing maintenance costs. Thank you. Any other additional complaints against DRi would be also welcome. Having been a fixed deed time share owner since 1992, I feel I am really getting ripped off by DRI and I, too, am not going to take it laying down anymore. Having just attended my "owners update" and seeing the potential suckers in the room, I am really tired of innocent time share presentation invitees being sucked into what I consider "Hotel California"...you can check in but you can never check out...Someone will inevitably have to pay those ever mounting maintenance fees. If you don't, some sucker needs to be found to buy your time share..otherwise if you don't cough it up, I've been assured that you will become the target of collection agencies and your credit will suffer.

Bill Devens

William G.
Dec 15, 2011

Tammy S.

Last edited by tammy326 on Jan 18, 2012 02:09 PM

Dec 15, 2011

Bill - I have quite a bit of documentation on fees, purchase price, salesperson, etc. How do I contact you (email address?)

Larry

Larry S.
Dec 16, 2011

There is also some news with reference to the Royal Palm litigation so I shall ask if I can get it posted here..

Pamela J.
Dec 17, 2011

Can you provide me with any guidance as to whether to pay DRI's special assessment for 2012? I could refuse to pay it until they do the things that the Concerned Owners of Poipu Pt (COPP) want done like releasing the letter of denial from the insurance company, the membership list, etc. Should I fight the assessment or just pay it. Any comments?

Rohland A.

Last edited by rohlanda on Dec 17, 2011 11:15 AM

Dec 17, 2011

I know that it is not easy but watch and wait. If you have not already registered at www.poipuowners.org make certain that you do so. There should be an email with important news soon.

David L.
Dec 18, 2011

Why don't you just call the Board members and quit your whining? Your board voted for the assessment and the payment terms so don't blame Diamond Resorts International.

Your board member can call a special meeting and change the terms.

Point at Poipu Association

Woody Cheeks 907-696-2771 Jacalyn Anderson 651-486-7423 or 651-295-8252 Troy Magdos - Jason Toste - Kathy Wheeler

Jason B.
Dec 18, 2011

What is the name of the group in Poipu that is going to sue them?

Jason B.
Dec 18, 2011

DRI has the board stacked with employees and employee relatives. So the board 'rubber stamps' anything that comes up. When I raised several questions couple years ago, I was basically told the board reviews everything carefully, and uses its best judgement.

But just like city government, they have no reason to watch expenses, and just spend all they want, and bill the membership. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they didn't have 'arrangements' with the board and fees that are paid.

Phil S.
Dec 18, 2011

Hi Sheri - Thanks for the reply - I would like to write to Diamond about this .... would you mind sharing who you are writing to .... and the contact info - names / addresses ? Thanks, Phil

Phil K.
Dec 19, 2011

Las Vegan Stephen Cloobeck to participate in CBS' 'Undercover Boss' Posted by Howard Stutz Monday, Dec. 19, 2011 at 09:29 AM CBS Television began promoting the Season 3 of its Emmy-nominated reality series “Undercover Boss” on Sunday, where chief executives dress up in disguises to interact with their employees.

If the first CEO that will be featured on Jan. 15 looks familiar to Las Vegans, there is a reason. Stephen Cloobeck, the CEO of timeshare developer Diamond Resorts, which is headquarted in Las Vegas, took part in the show.

According to CBS’s “Undercover Boss” website, Cloobeck “journeys to the frontlines of his luxury resort and timeshare company for an unfiltered look inside the inner-workings of his corporation.”

Cloobeck is the second Las Vegas CEO to take part in the show. Last season, MGM Grand President Scott Sibella was featured on the series.

This entry was posted on Monday, Dec. 19, 2011 at 09:29 AM and is filed under Inside Gaming. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.

Share Post to Digg Post to Google Buzz Post to StumbleUpon Post to reddit Comments (3)

Share your thoughts on this story. You are currently logged in as VICTIM DRI Terms and Conditions | Log out Message

Some comments may not display immediately due to an automatic filter. These comments will be reviewed within 24 hours. Please do not submit a comment more than once.

Note: Comments made by reporters and editors of the Las Vegas Review-Journal are presented with a yellow background.

3 Responses to "Las Vegan Stephen Cloobeck to participate in CBS' 'Undercover Boss'" If Mr Cloobeck wants a real challenge he should meet with the owners of his Point of Poipu Resort not his employees who he can totally control. Diamond controls the Board of this resort(violating the State of Hawaii law) and refuses to release the names of the owners to the owners (yea I know that seems outrageous); and they do so by using the mother of a Diamond VP as their Board Member shill giving them control of 3 of 5 board positions. And Diamond then has the audacity to say “The Board made the decision not to provide the owners list in the interests of consumer protection.”. CBS has some great crime dramas, and now they feature a CEO fostering criminal actions under the guise of “business practices”. When might CBS take a look at the Undercover Boss to see who he really is. You will be seeing much more of Diamond in the news in 2012 but it will most ikely be with Grand Jury’s indictments and arrests when the truth of their management practices is finally visible. Written by: jim.mannion on Monday, Dec. 19, 2011 at 11:18 AM -- Report abuse Tired of Diamond Resorts? Please join us in our fight to get rid of them www.poipuowners.org and www.facebook.com/pointatpoipu

Diamond Resorts is making millions off the legal owners of the time share properties. They take control of our Home Owners Association Boards, they violate the law by not releasing the owners names stating privacy issues (yet we owners receive marketing calls from lists we believe are purchased from Diamond Resorts), they hand us a bill for a $65 million repair that they have known about for years and they demand $2,000 in less than 90 days. To add insult, they threaten us with collections and ruined credit ratings. This company and Stephen Cloobeck were hired to MANAGE our property, not take it over, force out owners, and put their own VP staff and the relatives of the VP staff on our boards. They have stripped away our rights as the TRUE owners of this property. Did you know that if I die today, my 20 year old daughter becomes completely responsible for the $6,000 debt Diamond Resorts just handed me? Do you know that she will be indebted to this company for the maint. fees too? She can't give it away, she can't sell it, she just has her financial life ruined by this company! They promised me a "legacy" to hand down to my kids. A piece of paradise for generations to come. WHAT A LIE! THE HANDED ME A LIFETIME OF FINANCIAL WOES THAT I WILL PASS TO MY CHILDREN! Perhaps you really should be doing a cover story on Diamond Resorts, the government offices who turn a blind eye to their corruption and greed, ARDA who deceptively collects funds from all time share owners stating they will protect them from illegal and unethical practices of timeshare companies yet they too shake Mr. Cloobeck's hand and do nothing, the countless folks that Diamond Resorts has reportedly bought off to shut up and go away...oh the list goes on and on. This corporation must be stopped and all the victims need their day in court! Written by: madowner on Monday, Dec. 19, 2011 at 12:37 PM -- Report abuse Mr Stutz. To really have an insight into the real CLOOBECK, simply do a google search... In the UK there is a real programme Rip Off Britain which will feature the real Cloobeck and what he has done to thousands of British people.. On St Maarten as well where he is cheating thousands of people now in the late 70's and 80's who are letting their weeks go.. There is NO financial office as Cloobeck does not respect St Maarten law. Have a look at www.canyoutrustthem.com and search Diamond Resorts International. www.AmericanMafia.com search Stephen Cloobeck... www.redweek.com and Diamond Resorts International complaints.. The list goes on and on.. You really should do an investigation without the Undercover bit...All Me Fees for the island of St Maarten are collected in Las Vegas and not as the Judge told his lawyer to... open a financial transactions office.. Cloobeck lost the cases on St Maarten... HAWAII, ST MAARTEN Caribbean and as far away as Great Britain... produce a REAL programme and we can all supply the information.. Tune into the BBC programme Rip Off Britain where you will find the Daimond Resort International PROTESTORS GROUP.. Written by: VICTIM DRI on Monday, Dec. 19, 2011 at 7:09 PM --

Pamela J.
Dec 20, 2011

They have hundreds of members.

Keith P.

Last edited by kpaul5257 on Jan 29, 2012 03:14 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.