Timeshare Companies

Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Jan 19, 2009

MAYBE, BUT THEY HAVE LOTS OF OTHER EXPOSURE IN PLENTY OF OTHER SITUATIONS. IN SEDONA THEY HAD A NEW POOL CRACK UP, AND PUT THE FULL CHARGE FOR A REPLACEMENT POOL ON THE MAINTENANCE FEE. THEY DIDNT EVEN GO AFTER THE DESIGNER OR BUILDER'

Richard S.
Jan 19, 2009

OWNERS AT THE RIDGE IN SEDONA WERE CHARGED THE FULL COST OF REPLACING A NEAR NEW POOL THAT WAS BUILT DEFECTIVE. THEY DIDNT EVEN GO AFTER THE BUILDER,L DESIGNER OR CONTRACTOR!

IF YOU HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH DIAMOND, JOIN THE OWNERS BLOG AT.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/drilawsuit

Richard S.

Last edited by richard2090 on Jan 29, 2009 09:21 AM

Jan 19, 2009

Hi! I don't know if I am doing this right. I email to Senator McCain and Sen Kyle of Arizona and at this point waiting for response. I refuse to pay the annual fee of almost a $1000 + club due fee of around $240. The CEO/self elected Board of Directors have to flip burger to keep them afloat, no way I would give them anymore $$. We paid deligently the annual fee, but this time we decided enough is enough. We been patient for a bunch of crap of promises of exchange but nothing happened. Our contract is with Sunterra, and I believe under Sec Act 1933 or 1934, the corporation should communicate to owners in time of acquisition, not just sending bills. I wonder if we should write a letter to newly elect Mr President Obama, maybe they'll route it to the correct department or what. Let put this deceptive practices down.

azsus2007@gmail.com

Azsus2007 P.
Jan 27, 2009

I am interested in joining any class action suit if possible. I can provide more information regarding my personal issues with DRI upon your reply. Thanks for your efforts.

Sandra L.
Jan 28, 2009

Corey, i found you on facebook, however it said i needed to be invited into the group. i go in under my husband b gold. if you could invite him, i would like to keep tabs on info you get. thanks, helene

Helene G.

Last edited by heleneg12 on Jan 28, 2009 09:33 AM

Jan 28, 2009

has anyone found out if we have legitimate grounds for a class action suit? there has to be something we can do. how can this company be able to charge members these exuberant increases all in the name of "this is what happens when you get taken over, and we're offering you more." i was so excited that i had paid this off last year, now there was no point, because i can't afford to pay the fees and maintenance. when they raised it last year, okay, i understand, we now have access to more resorts, but this year they went way over the edge, and have crossed a line! there has to be law governing the increases the companies charge. please let me know if anyone has found out anything, or is ready to start a suit. thanks, helene

Helene G.
Jan 28, 2009

hey, I'm with you...I had a lengthy discussion with an uninformed representative from DRI just this week. I asked them to direct me to the language in my "signed" contract (as a former Sunterra owner) that speaks to it being mandatory that I pay the addtional $235.00 to belong to the "Club". Of course she was unable to (as well as her so-called manager) find it, point it out, direct me to it, etc. I don't know what we can do but I'm looking for anyone who has the answer.

Sandra L.
Jan 28, 2009

If a contractor was at fault with the pool construction, The resort should file with the ROC. While there won't be a complete refund, the contractor would have to make satisfactory repairs if at fault assuming he is still in business and wishes to stay in business. Otherwise the recovery fund would be available...

Michael R.
Jan 28, 2009

I have been contacted by a group of owners that intend to take legal action against Diamond for various damages, including unfair/illegal maintenance fee increases and other abuses.

They want you to join their Blog at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/drilawsuit

and report to them your specific problems, damages, or issues with Diamond.

Richard S.
Jan 29, 2009

thanks for the information regarding joining the blogg...I'll be there ASAP.

Sandra L.
Jan 29, 2009

I joined the blog. Look forward to hearing from you and doing something about this.

Laura K.
Jan 30, 2009

Diamond is guilty of fraudulent business practices, telling lies, refusing to acknowledge mail, refusing to clarify fees or monies owed, charging fees and foreclosing without notice. In the U,K, there are class action suits under way and the complaints have gone as high as into the House of Commons. If anyone is making progress with a class action suit with an attorney plesase so advise.

Helen C.
Jan 30, 2009

I went to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/drilawsuit/ and could not find a way to post a messaghe or reply to the one that was there. ACTION IS NEEDED. I am agreeable to registering a web site so people can sign up or to joining an action already begun. Please reply to mer at mail@galleryartship.com.

Helen C.
Jan 30, 2009

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM DIAMOND RESORTS - THEY ARE A COMPLETE SCAM1

Steve R.
Jan 30, 2009

I totally agree - just got raped for $1,200 a minute ago - people need to know!

Steve R.
Feb 12, 2009

I own at KBC. How do I get invited to your Facebook Diamond Resorts Watchdog?

Walt

Celia L.
Feb 27, 2009

Folks, Check out this information/link. We are pursuing legal action with DRI for St. Martin locations. I've been an owner for 10 years, 2 units and the increases are outrageous.

http://www2.gobeach.com/sxm/read.php?1,70537

Here is email also to join the fight ($50). diamond-litigation@conet.net

Regards Mark

Mark M.
Feb 28, 2009

Not long ago it looked like Diamond was going to buy out Bluegreen. That seems to have fallen through--thanks be! MD

Mary D.
Mar 02, 2009

Please add us to the interest for a class suit. We own at Greensprings, were totally ripped off 4 years ago by a slick, mumbling salesman -- promising to sell our extra points. I have complained to Sunterra, now DRI, for years, to no avail. I have been hoping to join a class action suit for years. I will support in any way! I just paid over $2700 in fees, also converted 20,000 points into $1000 toward fees. Just called DRI to see why I cannot use my left over points, and was told I still owe $1170 because the $1000 toward points will not be applied for 6 weeks from transfer date (Jan 28, 2009), and I am now accruing $170 in late fees, and will continue until my balance is zero. They literally want me to pay the $1170, then allow my transferrred points to become a credit. Can you believe this scam? We would like to walk away, and would do so...but, we need to refi our house and cannot afford the bad credit ding. If anyone has advice, please contact us. And, please add us to the class action suit interest!!!

Robert K.
Mar 02, 2009

I would like to join a class action law suit if one gets going. Last Dec. I was down with sister and they kept us over 3 hours when we told them we had to leave to catch plane. We left and the sales rep chased after us in his car. The maintenance fees this years are ridiculous and I don't see why they have to go up that high. Fed up and waiting for action against them!

Elizabeth T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.