Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Forum: Timeshare Companies

page 46 of 47

«  prev page   1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47   next page  »

Message Author

By davidk689

robertr558 wrote:
IreneP59,

In response to my complaint I received a letter from the Arizona AG. It says that since I did not purchase from Diamond I was not eligible for the Relinquishment Remedy Program. However, it is possible that Diamond will agree to release me from ownership. My complaint will be forwarded to them and the AAG will send their response to me. They also say I am eligible for $1000 restitution because the State believes the treatment of former Premiere Vacation Club/ILX owners is unfair.

Robert558

Could you forward more info on this restitution. I bought from ILX in 1993.

7 months ago
Jan 30, 2017

By robertr558

Read the press release here: https://www.azag.gov/press-release/attorney-general-brnovich-announces-800000-settlement-diamond-resorts.

Then file a complaint. The press release tells you how.

Avatar for robertr558 robertr558

7 months ago
Jan 30, 2017

By irenep59

At the very bottom of the press release there is a box or link to check to read the 37 page Assurance of Discontinuance. This is timeshare buyer's Bible if you are in Arizona planning to attend a sales presentation.

The date on the press release implied 2011. One of the AZ AG attorneys responded to my question about this clarifying it goes back to 2009. I posted her answer in my article.

http://insidetimeshare.com/opcs-europe-usa/#more-1518

Also, many thought the deadline to file was January 22. The deadline to file is 120 days after the effective date which is expected to be late April or early May.

I am irritated with Diamond because they sent all members the new DRI Clarity PROMISE without even mentioning why, but anyone who posts the AZ AG press release on the DRI FB gets it removed in a day. Clarity is about Transparency and Accountability.

7 months ago
Jan 31, 2017

Message deleted.

Avatar for amandah353 amandah353

7 months ago
Feb 01, 2017

By donp196

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract especially some low life bottom feeder that pushes their SCAM in the forum. Scammers troll the forums for victims with outrageous claims. All they want is your upfront money and then they laugh all the way to the bank after they found someone dumb enough to give them money. It's a SCAM when they make these claims.

Last edit by donp196 on Feb 02, 2017 08:02 AM.

7 months ago
Feb 02, 2017

By ken1193

DRI has been accepting "deedbacks" for a flat $250 fee. I don't know if this "deedback" program is still in effect, nor do I know if it applies to ALL DRI ownerships, but it's surely worth digging deeper if this is potentially applicable and of interest to you as a DRI owner.

It's surely a tough pill to swallow that you would have to PAY $250 to GIVE BACK something that you likely bought for a whole lot more money than that figure, but that's the harsh reality of DRI's resale market value. Please don't shoot the messenger.

Last edit by ken1193 on Feb 02, 2017 09:04 AM.

7 months ago
Feb 02, 2017

By irenep59

DRI Resale Concerns and Billion dollar lawsuit filed against Diamond:

As DRI is the only timeshare the 64 members of the Licensed Timeshare Resale Broker Association LTRBA will not buy or sell (only one will market Westgate), please file a complaint with the Attorney General where you live, where you signed and Nevada. Also file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

I received an email from Nevada Senator Becky Harris in response to my article about the BILLION dollar lawsuit filed on contingency against Diamond Resorts by one of the oldest law firms in Nevada, Albright Stoddard Warnick & Albright. Details of the complaint can be found at the bottom of my article written for Inside Timeshare published yesterday. DRI received the summons Monday, January 30.

http://insidetimeshare.com/1billion-law-suit-diamond-resorts-international/

Please email Nevada Senator Becky Harris with concerns about Diamond lack of secondary market. She said she is introducing a bill.

Last edit by irenep59 on Feb 02, 2017 09:37 AM.

7 months ago
Feb 02, 2017

By deborahs604

We bought ILX in 2004. We had a paid week every other year ownership. This past year, after much complaining to Diamond management and me writing to all of the board members of the Diamond PVC prior to their annual meeting in 2015, my husband and I were finally given an offer that we were willing to accept. What I had been asking for was a reasonable amount of points in The Club in exchange for our deed. Of course they had offered to just take it-for NOTHING!! to which we had responded-DO you REALLY think we are that STUPID??? We were tired of the time consuming long drawn out sales pitches we were required to attend, and their attempts to get us to buy more points every time we went on vacation-kinda spoils the mood! We were being assessed on two memberships basically, the PVC and The Club for a couple of years and it was a very unfair practice. We were demeaned and treated like some 2nd class citizens by a sales manager at a Williamsburg, VA resort in October of 2014, while she tried to get us to buy $60,000 worth of more points!! We plan on using our timeshare-not giving it back or selling it back at a huge loss-that is just plain dumb. It is very possible to book vacations and get a good value for what we pay each year in maintenance fees-compared to what a stay at the same resort would cost on the open market-most resorts are not booked to capacity and are available out on sites like trip adviser and others for anyone to stay there-it's not just owners at these resorts. That is a misconception that people who own a timeshare and have never used it at all seem to have. If you book a stay 59 days or less before you stay-the discounts are substantial. My husband and I are taking my Mom with us next week and staying at the Mystic Dunes resort near Disney in FL. Our 3 night stay only cost us 638 points for a 2 bedroom unit! A full Luau with buffet and a show+ breakfast the following morning is costing us $25(total-not even per person). I would encourage owners to USE it or at least be smarter if you decide to DITCH it! and stick up for yourselves with Diamond or whomever your timeshare is with.

Avatar for deborahs604 deborahs604

7 months ago
Feb 03, 2017

By bonnies338

My biggest complaint against Diamond International Resorts is that even when I try to book 12 months out there is never anything available. My claim is that they have oversold points and simply do not have enough accommodations available. They flat out deny this and tell me that I'm not planning properly..Since they don't allow bookings sooner that 12 months before I don't know how else I can plan. Any sugesstions?

Avatar for bonnies338 bonnies338

7 months ago
Feb 03, 2017

By irenep59

Bonnies338 Have you tried your home resort? We usually stay in Sedona in the spring. A one bedroom at Los Abrigados is 3000 points We own 10,200 points roughly $2300 in MF Booking com offers a week for late March early April cheapest $1564 for a week. Must be spring break because sounds expensive. We can stay three weeks at Los Ab and have 1,200 points left over for $2070 ($.23 pp x 9000) MF but would cost $4692 Booking com I am probably one of DRIs most outspoken critics due to the lack of secondary market and dramatically rising MF, but I have always maintained we can still find value at our home resort and sometimes other places. Desirable locations like Hilton Head Key West coast of California is another story. While we have available far less than what was promised we stick with the 59 days or less bookings to get 50% off standard point requirements.

7 months ago
Feb 06, 2017

By jeff_reports
RedWeek.com Team

See RedWeek's new blog on Diamond issues in Arizona, Nevada and Clarity

Diamond owners should check out RedWeek's latest, and longest, report on Diamond's sales practices and court cases. http://blog.redweek.com/2017/02/diamond-resorts-settlements-and-class-actions.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RedWeekTimeshareBlog+%28The+RedWeek.com+Timeshare+Blog%29

Avatar for jeff_reports jeff_reports
RedWeek.com Team

7 months ago
Feb 09, 2017

By bradfordl11

1 Billion, BILLION? Are you sure.

Can you please post the emails you received from the people you contacted. I've never heard back from anyone and can't contact anyone and can't find any of the information about anyone you named. Thanks and where did you get the Billion thing from. I saw $800,000, which is mostly attorney fees. Of course the attorneys made the money. Ridiculous.

I love education but I am sorry, most of this looks like fake news. Please confirm. ASAP.

Avatar for bradfordl11 bradfordl11

6 months ago
Feb 22, 2017

By bradfordl11

Please post what you own so we can help you out. Stating claims like that make no sense to people who have owned for a long time. Your guaranteed to book and no they don't hold back inventory. Read your legal trust documents. It's illegal to do so.

I will help you if you can

Please list

What do you own. How many points. Is it a week. Week and unit number. Home resort Are you using Diamond Or using Interval.

If your using this to just vent, then no one wins and misinformation spreads.

On one hand I am about to give up trying to help people out because I just bought 4 great owner ships for almost nothing.

Last edit by phyl21 on Feb 22, 2017 03:28 PM.

6 months ago
Feb 22, 2017

By marthab177

I tried 5 times this year to book a reservation at different places,1 was international,12 months ahead,you guessed,no availability,9 month ahead for Yellowstone,no availability,southern California,you guessed it,Palm Springs,got a weekend ,NOT at the place I preferred,San Luis Obispo,again nothing.This is so ridiculous,and we have Silver status. Every time we complaint,we we advised to buy more points,obviously that's not true.I cannot believe this scam.We have been Diamond owners since 2009,only places that sometimes work out,are Las Vegas.

Avatar for marthab177 marthab177

4 months ago
May 13, 2017

By codys33

Looking for help!

Hi Linda - my name is Cody Seaman and I am desperately trying to help my aging parents stop paying for their time-share at Los Abrigados. I'm at my whit's end and I saw your post from 2015 and thought I would grasp at straws to see if you still have your time-share or successful of getting rid of it? I greatly appreciate your time!!!

My direct email address is, if you would prefer continuing this convo there and outside of "Red Week".

Thank you! Cody Seaman

lindab618 wrote:
I am an owner of a time-share at Los Abrigados in Sedona, AZ. With the Diamond International takeover of ILX (original timeshare company), my "points" are not enough to use during the peak times, although my original purchase gave me the right to book any one of the 52 weeks of the year, without restriction. DI's response to me about the loss of value, is to buy more points.

I feel your pain. I have no intention of putting any more money into what is already a bad situation (sharply rising annual maintenance fees).

Last edit by codys33 on May 25, 2017 08:31 PM.

3 months ago
May 23, 2017

By lancec13

Looking for help!

I'm not Linda but I will give you a bit of advice. Firstly, I recommend you remove your email address from a public forum like this because you will start getting inundated with e-mails from scam and questionable companies that claim they will get you out of your time share if you pay them an upfront fee.

If this is Diamond that you own, have you checked out Diamond's deed back program? Contact Diamond and inquire.

3 months ago
May 24, 2017

By lindab618

Looking for help!

I got out of my Los Abrigados time-share by paying DRI $250 in some kind of buy back program. I don't remember the details, but for that one small payment, I am no longer responsible for the constantly escalating maintenance fees for a time-share that lost all value (and reasonable opportunities to use it).

Good luck.

Linda

3 months ago
May 24, 2017

By bradfordl11

This is 100% wrong. Read the owners guide from 2010 to 2017.

I give up. This site has so much misinformation I give up. I'm a happy owner and if you read the documents from 2010 it states what the values are.

I honestly think your are posting this info because your work for a resale company because your the only one that would post something like this. open your owners Manuel from 2010 and it clearly states why those values are higher. Nothing has changed.

I'm done trying to help people on here. I'm a glass half full person and it seems everyone like you online is a glass half empty. You have a motive.

I will gladly call you, post it online and make a video and show you on video and show the old owners Manuel from 2010.....what you are referring to. You have a motive and I'm not sure what it is. I think you just use this site to complain and make people sell their timeshare for less then what it's worth. I think that's what you do. Take advantage and buy real estate from them. Because the docs are clear as day.

If you read them and I am wrong. Post a picture. I am reading them now. Prove me wrong. Don't say anything. Post a picture of the documents.

Best of luck Brad

3 months ago
May 24, 2017

By robertr558

Owner's Guide? I never got any such thing. A timeshare is the only costly thing people buy that is worthless on the resale market before the ink dries on the contract. It is amazing to me that there are people who are content paying maintenance fees that are far more than the value received.

My advice to Linda is to tell Diamond that your parents are aged, cannot use the property, and can no longer pay the maintenance fees. Offer to relinquish the membership but don't pay them anything. They can sell it to somebody else. Don't pay anybody to get rid of it.

Avatar for robertr558 robertr558

3 months ago
May 25, 2017

By codys33

Looking for help!

Thank you so much for great advice!

3 months ago
May 25, 2017

page 46 of 47

«  prev page   1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47   next page  »

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests and Members
Sign in or register for free