Timeshare Companies

Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

May 06, 2009

yes, hello I have gone to Forida BBB, Vegas BBB, and also atty general and they have taken 5000 points, I don't know why , I also have an attorney who is involved.

John K.
May 28, 2009

Make sure you are in contact with Bill Burns and vote against Diamond employees as board members!

Gary B.
Jun 04, 2009

Fees keep going up because the resorts are cost-shifting. People are walking away from their timeshares and every time someone walks, that mean no fees to the resort PLUS that means foreclosure costs to the resort. Your increased fees means you're paying for those who have walked and no longer pay....every business cost shifts.......

Kari K.
Jun 05, 2009

Maintenance fees (MF) do go up,just like the cost of living. However, I was just on Kauai two weeks ago and stayed in one of Marriott Waiohai 2 bedroom condominium units. Their annual MFs are only $80 more than Point at Poipu. Seems like the Point's MFs are comparatively expensive, given the 4 star Marriott vs 3 star Point property values. My point is that excessive MFs drive down the timeshare resale values, and Diamond doesn't have much in the way of site improvements to show for the high fees they have been collecting from us.

Robert M.
Jun 07, 2009

Maintenance fees are different all over. You can't compare one resort to the other because you dont' have to necessary information to compare them. There are so many items that encompass what a resort will charge.

Kari K.
Jun 08, 2009

We need to get organized, we are bypassing one another in the fog... I was unaware of this forum as I communicate on the 'Board of Directors' forum... We need one main forum to communicate and gather Members information to organize... Basically the Management of Diamond Resorts does not care about the issues of the Members, or what costs they charge... The end results are that for those who walk away from their membership end up raising the annual costs for the rest of us (However if I had financed my 31,000 points I would bail, and look at the lost money as preventing larger losses as time goes by)... We were lied to when we bought these points, as we are unable to book our time more that just 2-3 months out, and its impossible to get a reservation in that short a time, if you want a mid Fall to late winter time... We now have 93,000 points and rising, and will not be able to use them for another 4-5 years... Organize, and lets get Diamond Management Replaced when their contract is up.... Michael migueldd45@aol.com 503 643 9816

Michael D.
Jun 12, 2009

Earl-

Is this Dr. Rippy? Long time- you met my Mom and I at Royal Palm many years ago.

What Diamond resorts is doing is a crime! They are abusing the owners that have been faithful for more than a decade.

This will only lead to their downfall due to corporate greed.

Arlene L.
Jun 24, 2009

The Atty general and Govenor of las Vegas Nevada . That is where they are out of . I am frustrated. I just by accident banked my points from 2009 to 2010. I have had no help from DRI, they said call your home resort, and I did no answer no call back. Sunterra was so much better. I am sick to my stomach since they said the only way I can borrow is to pay 75% of maint fees to borrow 2000 pts out of 20,000 - no help what so ever.

John K.
Jul 26, 2009

How can nobody do anything against this SCAM COMPANY? When we bought we were told that we would be able to use our time at any other change x change x Diamond Resorts owned property. Then after several years we were told that we could not use our time for anything other than our home resort unless we bought into their "club" with trading point values. This was not the policy when we bought, how can they just change the rules? Also, due to a processing error on Sunterra's part, they did not process our maintenance fee. Rather than contact us, they went it straight to a collection agency and when I said they already had my payment it went to a law office. The law office dropped the issue when I proved that I had a receipt for the payment Diamond said I did not make (Sunterra never did take the money). I gave the law office access to my funds again at that time. Diamond never did attempt to contact me, never did attempt to cash my funds, and sent the situation to a collection agency again without ever contacting me.

We as a nation can be proud that we allow such a company to STEAL peoples' dreams of enjoyable vacations, and our fine legal system backs them up. What more could a person be proud of?

Norm K.
Jul 27, 2009

You make me so glad that we kept our fee simple time share and never bought Diamond points.

Robert M.
Jul 27, 2009

yes I believe you, and want to go on with a lawsuit , DRI is very bad with customer service but why would you buy 90,000 point? How many vacations can you take?

Think about it what were you thinking?

good luck and I am with you bud

John K.
Aug 01, 2009

I know someone who has over 100, 000 points. They take their whole families on vacations and cruises. They tell me the upgrades are where they get their value. I still believe that this is ridiculous but they also gain income from renting as well.

Who knows why people do what they do.

Charles S.
Aug 02, 2009

They did the same to us and now they want 400 more, They didn't even tell us and now they'll want late fees, horrible people, wripping off American Families, sound like our Government lining thier buddies pockets and not giving a damn about us, they a bunch of slime-ball bloodsuckers, but they don't have any choice. The more people drop out the worse it's going to get and I can see by the condition the property was in last week that they have already cut back, The whole thing will probably collapse, Obama has got to bring jobs back into the US and heavily tax imports to compete with US produced materials, this is a vicious circle that will only end with jobs back here or a total collapse. Unfortunetly for us I paid it in full when I bought it 4 yrs back and I also wouldn't give this on my worst enemy.

Steve F.

Last edited by stevef227 on Aug 02, 2009 06:41 AM

Aug 02, 2009

We have all complained about doing something about what DRI is doing and has done to us and will continue to do. Just wait until we have to pay the maintenance fees in December (if we can afford them).

However we have done nothing about this situation. Except complain.

When I purchased eight years ago, a lady at the Escrow Company told me that the maintenance fees generally went up 3 to 4 % . This last December we paid $1599.00. I called and explained our situation to DRI and asked if I could make monthly payments and was told definitely not, and that if I did not make my payment, I would default, go into collection and be sued, and resold with the monies collected and retained by DRI(my week was paid in full at the time of purchase and of course fully deeded).

I have written to Gov. Lingle in Hawaii and received a response from her office stating I should contact the Real Estate Commission. Yes, they responded requesting additional information, (which I have sent).

I also contacted the office of the California General, Jerry Brown, who too responded referring me to the Real Estate Commission as the business is a Nevada Corporation, however as I am a California resident they check for possible illegal actions to their residents.

We as owners truly need to come together and and work on solutions and actions in order to put a halt to the practices DRI is inflicting on one and all. I fully agree with Michaeld414.

Sandra S.
Aug 02, 2009

I believe nothing will work except a Class Action Lawsuit. Both classes of owners would sign on.

Such a suit could get them for Punitive Damages as well. A State Gov is unlikely to do that.

Even as a Weeks owners we have been damaged by an unjustifiable increase in Maint Fees.

Richard S.
Aug 03, 2009

There's a Yahoo Group which had the intention of getting owners organized, but most people who want to join are not willing to provide information about themselves, and the people who joined are not participating. Complain all you want on a forum, but few people provide detail info on what they have done, who they contact, and details of the contact information so other can also complain. Pretty much no one participates in a group to do anything.

If you aren't willing to share your detail info so others better know what to do, they will continue to be lost. If you aren't willing to participate as a group to perform an action together, you have little or no power.

I've stopped writing details because people are more than willing to complain but less than willing to do anything. sandras337 naming Gov. Lingle in Hawaii and the office of the California General Jerry Brown is more than I've seen in a very long while.

Who is willing to contact a central person or group of people, provide some funds for lobbying and letter campaigns, and follow the advice of the central person/group to call and write letters when they are advised whom we need to influence?

My experience in the Yahoo group indicates there is no one.

Beck
Aug 04, 2009

We are getting a list together, there are people who are dissappointed in what is happening... What I have proposed is we first need a minimum of 3,000 members / owners in the Point of Poipu, as that is what it takes to vote a successful candidate onto the HOA Board... Then when we have a majority of owners who are wanting Diamond International's Contract to not be renewed, we can eithewr get into another management agreement with another operator, or in my opinion we form a Co-op style of management and run the place with a professional management team who we can control... Send mne your names and email's and contact information... Michael Doolittle 360 378 3344 Friday Harbor Washington, 206 719 8916 cell, or 503 643 9816 Oregon

Michael D.
Aug 04, 2009

I forgot to add my email migueldd45@aol.com sorry about that

Michael D.
Sep 22, 2009

I would like to know please if there is anything about Diamond Resorts lately in the court action on St Maarten Thanks Another owner ripped off!

Pamela J.
Sep 22, 2009

There is a company who works on fraud cases and I consider that Diamond Resorts are in that category. Mr Gordon Moore at www.sepiaassociates.com Perhaps as you are all in the States you could contact him. He is in Jamaica at the moment working on a fraud case. Ripped Off>

Pamela J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.