General Discussion

Grupo Mayan

Nov 05, 2008

I beg to differ! I have 8 GRAND MASTER LUXX VILLAS. Had an "American" sales person who said how his dad owns them and rents them....so it sound great.. well, no sooner than we left...that sales person is no where to be found! So, I definitely have plenty of the GM's avaiable anytime but so does alot of others. If they had Luxx Villas available, I may be in a different and better position.

Fran B.
Nov 05, 2008

Lauria Connors....ha! I have emails that would let you know she has her head up the wrong place!

Also, there is no more a US office!

It's all in NV now.

Fran B.
Nov 07, 2008

something you may want to try if you're having problems renting out a timeshare or maybe even attempting to sell, is find the local newspaper online in that area. we got online to Pacific Pearl in Mazatlan and there are classified ads listed. we then contacted one of the folks who had other timeshare rentals and he worked with us to rent ours. he had quite a few contacts and it cost us nothing!!!! just another idea. most mexican cities have an american newspaper. moorez

Capri M.
Dec 05, 2008

We have been Mayan Palace owners for 5 years now and love the Mayan Palace at Rivera Maya. We were there when hurricain Wilma hit and no one could have asked for better treatment during that time. It was great. We upgraded to Grand Mayan while there in 2007 and just returned from our first stay at the Grand Mayan, RM. We upgraded because last year we were told there would be a new "beach club" just for the Grand Mayan. They have that on hold to finish the Villas which we are not interested in even though we went to the presentation. We were given 4 "extra " weeks to rent when we first bought which we were never able to do so we don't go down that road any more . We love the resort and always go back there but I'm not sure the upgrade from the Mayan Palace to the Grand Mayan was worth it. The new Grand Mayan pool is very beautiful but not as much fun and sometimes a little crowed.

Claudia M.
Dec 05, 2008

Just had interesting day... phoned a couple of weeks ago to book room at Grand Mayan in Nuevo.. tried to change to larger room today and guess what...they have NO phone numbers available to call ? All the 4 new ones for canada refer back to old number which was suspended .. new number which only was in effect for 1 week is also gone... cannot book period and hey i sure hope it is not a sign of things to come with the new Vedanta Group owning Mayan resorts now.. i do not think i will upgrade to villa till they prove there worth

Fran B.
Dec 15, 2008

Mayan Palace Members: Please contact Mayan Palace Reservations directly to deposit your week. USA: 866-947-6050 Canada: 866-932-0675

Greg T.
Dec 18, 2008

I understand that you have had some success in renting your Grand Mayan Timeshare. We recently upgraded from G.M. to Grand Bliss. I would be very interested in finding the name and contact info for the company that did this for you.

Thanks

Dick O.
Dec 18, 2008

Hi I'm a new Sea Garden owner, which is part of Groupo Mayan, I guess. I just got it last month at the Grand Mayan (yes, they do know how to talk, and even though we told ourselves we would not buy, we did) Anyhow, I would like to rent one of the rooms out, which is how I came across this site.

But you say it's not so easy. I haven't even read my packet yet. I don't plan to use all four weeks, so my intent was to rent one or two out. I was told I could easily get $1500 a week for each. Anyhow, just thought I'd ask if you could give me any other information on that subject. If not, that's fine. Have a nice day

Judi B.
Dec 19, 2008

Oh my a Sea Garden! I was told they are totally fazing out the sea gardens!!!!!!!!!!!! And to think you could get $1500 /wk. for a sea garden, Oh my! I had 4 sun packs free......you want mine because they are worth nothing!!!!!!!!

Fran B.
Dec 20, 2008

I couldnt get 1500 for a 2 bedroom grand mayan!. You would be lucky to get 500. Don't plan on making anything on your investment. Hope to make back the maintenance.

Debra G.
Jan 06, 2009

Hi - I am trying to sell two weeks this year, at a Grand Mayan. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Stephen F.
Jan 06, 2009

Hi,

I'm a Grand Mayan owner and would like to rent out a week. Would you kindly share your rental agent with me? Thank you in advance.

Ling J.
Jan 06, 2009

best of luck. I ended us selling our two week Mayan Palace package for the price of the transfer fees. Didn't make anything. Didn't want anything. And I certainly didn't want to continue paying the maintenance fees that go up every single year.

themoorz

Capri M.
Jan 07, 2009

lingj wrote:
Hi,

I'm a Grand Mayan owner and would like to rent out a week. Would you kindly share your rental agent with me? Thank you in advance.

You can do a 'forum search' to check out different rental agreements.

R P.
Jan 07, 2009

lingj wrote:
Hi,

We have a copy of a rental agreement in our Resources area. Go to this link http://www.redweek.com/resources/rental_process/private/ then click on the link in #2.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Jan 12, 2009

Could you please give me a phone number for Grupo Mayan customer service ? I can't seem to get a hold of anyone. Thanks, Bill

William L.
Jan 12, 2009

williaml298 wrote:
Could you please give me a phone number for Grupo Mayan customer service ? I can't seem to get a hold of anyone. Thanks, Bill

Did you try 800-292-9446? The Resort is 52 (322) 226-4003. Ask for International Sales if you are looking for a Customer Service Rep having to do with your contract.

Hope that works.

Bob J.
Feb 04, 2009

I'm sorry, but we are Grand Mayan owners. We just bought this past June. They have been HORRIBLE with responding to us on questions we have. Yeah, they treated us like royalty when we were there. Our questions don't have anything to do with renting. We contacted customer service through email several times and when we called they have told us both times someone would call us back and NO ONE did. Yes, the place is beautiful but if you decide to buy, which I recommend not to, but get every single thing they say in writing. No matter how minor it may seem, get it in writing. Our sales person even gave us her email address to contact her if when we come back and when my brother was interested in buying. Of course, no response from many, many emails we sent. Over all, customer service so far has been horrible. This is not our first time share by the way so we have experience with timeshares.

Nerissa A.
Feb 04, 2009

We are GM owners. Could you give me a number or website to contact your agent if you don't want to list the name?

Thanks.

Nerissa A.
Feb 04, 2009

nerissaa2 wrote:
We are GM owners. Could you give me a number or website to contact your agent if you don't want to list the name?

Thanks.

We have been able to reach Customer Service International Sales at 011-52-322-297-5183.

Of course they work for the company, so they may be limited in what they can do, depending on what your concerns are.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Bob J.

Last edited by marty8084 on Mar 12, 2009 09:43 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.