General Discussion

Grupo Mayan

Jul 15, 2009

Comment retracted as issue has been satisfactorily resolved.

Mel J.

Last edited by melj21 on Aug 16, 2009 07:44 PM

Jul 21, 2009

We are owners of Grand Luxxe. Does anyone know when they are going to build one?

Gary C.
Jul 21, 2009

garyc263 wrote:
We are owners of Grand Luxxe. Does anyone know when they are going to build one?

Gary,

One is under construction at Nuevo Vallarta. Could be building one at Puerto Penasco. Riviera Maya Mayan property has a model. You might google grand luxxe for info.

Bob

Bob J.
Jul 22, 2009

I just bougth a GM in Riviera Maya last week. But I was very disappointed when I start searching the web and found out about that many unhappy customers. Do you think that is a good idea to keep the deal or get out of the deal. I have not started making payments yet.

Thanks Betty,

Bertha G.

Last edited by berthag7 on Jul 22, 2009 08:38 AM

Jul 22, 2009

Did you have to pay for the maintenance fee every year? My contract says that only the year that you want to book your vacation week.

Bertha G.
Jul 22, 2009

berthag7 wrote:
Do you think that is a good idea to keep the deal or get out of the deal. I have not started making payments yet.

Thanks Betty,

While I don't know anything about GM, if you are hesitant at all, I strongly suggest recsinding, then learn all you can about the resort. Do it NOW, since the period to rescind is usually only 5-7 days. Written instructions on how to rescind should've been provided.

Mike N.
Jul 23, 2009

mike1536 wrote:
berthag7 wrote:
Do you think that is a good idea to keep the deal or get out of the deal. I have not started making payments yet.

Thanks Betty,

While I don't know anything about GM, if you are hesitant at all, I strongly suggest recsinding, then learn all you can about the resort. Do it NOW, since the period to rescind is usually only 5-7 days. Written instructions on how to rescind should've been provided.

The rescission period in Mexico is 5 days ..... look in your contract for rescission information and send the rescission notice USPS, certified mail w/return receipt. If you're past the five days I'm afraid you're too late.

R P.
Jul 23, 2009

Thanks Bob, I saw the model in Riveria Maya and that is why we bought but as of yet we cannot reserve at one yet. For two years we have been told they are building one at Nuevo Vallerta, have you seen the construction there? Also when I google grand luxxe no info from mayan group.

Gary C.
Jul 23, 2009

Bob, Thanks again I googled and got to www.aimfair.com which actually has pictures and updates of luxxe and Bliss. I am so excited I actually see evidence of construction and can't wait to go. Gary.

Gary C.
Jul 23, 2009

Betty, We stayed at GM Riveria Maya last year. It is worth keeping your contract. The facilities service and property is 5 star! We have run into problems when trying to rent out weeks through other services so my attitude is it is wothwhile for your vacation not to try to make money. Gary.

Gary C.
Jul 23, 2009

garyc263 wrote:
Betty, We stayed at GM Riveria Maya last year. It is worth keeping your contract. The facilities service and property is 5 star! We have run into problems when trying to rent out weeks through other services so my attitude is it is wothwhile for your vacation not to try to make money. Gary.
The number one reason to buy any TS is to go on vacation at that spot every year or every other year. Exchanges and rentals are just icing on the cake. If you enjoy and use your home resort, then you should be happy. If you overpaid, you are not the first nor will you be the last. Learn how to make the best use of your resort.

Mike N.
Aug 14, 2009

I signed up in May with luxuryResortsManagement to 'rent' out my 2 timeshare weeks this year. I called them recently for a status and can't get any of their phone numbers to pick up.

anyone know what's going on out there? Or how to get in touch with them?

How about an agency folks have had luck with in this process?

thanks.

Doug D.
Aug 14, 2009

you had luck putting up your Mayan Group weeks for sale/rent. (I'm not looking to sell the timeshare, just this year's weeks). I paid LuxuryResortManagement to list--but haven't heard anything--and now can't get in touch with anyone. If you've had success, please let me know. thanks.

Doug D.
Aug 16, 2009

I now wish to retract my statement as the issue has been satisfactorily resolved.

Mel J.
Aug 30, 2009

My wife and I have owned Mayan Palace for 7 years. We have yet to go to our deeded property(Puerto Panasco). We have been to PV, Acapulco, Mayan Riviera (between Cancun and Playa del Carmen. If I had done my due diligence when we first purchased we would probably not have done so. In retrospect I am glad we did. YOU CAN'T BELIEVE THE SALES PEOPLE. RENTING: pretty much a myth, the rental outfits take your money and put your listing on a web site which is difficult for the average person to find. Selling: is pretty much a wash. There is a company that will guarantee to relieve you of all obligation for a hefty fee of 3,000 dollars. If you plan on using your TS and don't buy the hype you will be happy. If you paid what seems to be the average price (13,000 Usd) and you use it regularly you break even at about 7 years. I base this oppinion on what it cost for a similar property with similar emenities as advertised on the web. My cost for 2weeks at any Mayan Palace is roughly 3000usd for 2. That includes food and air fare. Roughly 750 usd, per week, per person: food,drink,airfare and entertainment. Food and drink are the big variables. That being said I always budget an extra 1000usd for day trips and excursions. From my research on the web I can safely say my cost is half that of anything else I have found. Mayan Palace offers the finest in accomadations and reasonably priced food (if you go off property you can find some real deals on eats and drinks. OH Yeah we always go at High season Jan-March. I challenge anyone to find a place as nice as MP for less than that. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. Most convenient properties are PV and Mazatlan. In PV the bus is right outside the front gate, just a short walk. I understand that it is the same at Mazatlan. Alcapulco and Cancun are isolated and it is a very long walk off property to the local bus. Too long a walk for me. Have yet to go to Nuevo Vallarta or Cabo. So any input would be welcome. Hope this helps someone. All I know is 2weeks in paradise for 2 for less than 4 grand is a pretty sweet deal. Hope to meet you soon, I'll be the guy at the pool bar in a panama with a loud shirt and a Mojito in my hand. God Bless get rid of attitudes and have some fun. Life is to short. I know I died twice 2yrs ago undergoing major cancer surgery. I am now cancer free and looking forward to Mazatlan in January.

William P.
Sep 20, 2009

I just purchased a Vacation Club Package 4 days ago. I have read numerous reviews, both good and bad. I really want to believe I bought a quality product that my wife and kids will be able to enjoy for the rest of their lives (our lives). Do you think I have made a good vacation investment? When we enrolled we became members of Hotel Systems International (HSI), RCI, and, of course, the Mayan Palace vacation club. I am new at timeshares but the salesman made the package sound so great. The floor manager also promised us 12 weeks (I think in the Sea Garden, or Sea Pack) but I cannot find it in my contract now. Do I call them directly to ask if its included and why its not in my contract???? An replies would be so much appreciated. I am also concerned about renting our two weeks...not neccisarily to make profit but I know that is part of the program

Scott E.
Sep 21, 2009

melj21 wrote:
I now wish to retract my statement as the issue has been satisfactorily resolved.

Is your retraction for real? Have your issues truly been resolved with grupo mayan? I am a new owner and have some serious reservations. Thanks for your candid response.

JoAnn S.
Oct 16, 2009

Ii just upgraded to the Grand Luxx. I am single and boy is it going to be a great place to hang out. Not sure what the big difference is,,,,but it is sure gorgeous...can't wait for them to be done.

Barbara P.
Oct 23, 2009

sharonc301 wrote:
We bought GM last year. The sales "ploy" was how you can make a "rental income" off of your timeshare. They even provided the names of companies who will do this for you. We have put our GM timeshare up for rent with an individual who was not on the list and are pretty happy with her. We have rented one of our two weeks. I have put other timeshares up for rent with "companies" that were suggested by the sales people...no correspondence from them whatsoever and you have to pay money up front!! So, although the numbers look really good on paper, I would suggest that you NOT purchase for an investment. We really like the GM but had hoped that the rental aspect panned out better. Sales people are SO good over there!

Hi - Would you mind refering me to the person you used to rent your timeshare? We also have some time that we want to put up for rent - and so far the approved list of brokers has not been a very satisfying experience. Cheers! EZS

Ethan S.
Oct 24, 2009

ez11 wrote:
Hi - Would you mind refering me to the person you used to rent your timeshare? We also have some time that we want to put up for rent - and so far the approved list of brokers has not been a very satisfying experience. Cheers! EZS

You can list your rental yourself on sites such as Redweek and other timeshare internet listing sites ... this sites gets thousands of hits a day from people looking to buy or rent timeshares.

I wouldn't dream of paying an agency or company to list my timeshare for rent or for sale.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.