General Discussion

Quit Claim Deed and Getting rid of a time share

Sep 11, 2013

I am unable to contact this site. I wish to quitclaim my unit which is totally paid off and up to date with assessments. Due to terminal health issues I will be turning over all (few) of my assets to a facility and will have no income to pay fees. How can I accomplish this?

vacationhomesonly wrote:
Dear Owners,

This is a tough position to be in. Some timeshares are very difficult if not impossible to sell. Some you have to consider just getting out of the contract to pay the maintenance fees forever, lest you ruin your credit and get a judgment placed on you for non-payment. Some are easier to rent.

See one of our sites to educate yourself about your dilemma and your options:

There is never a charge or any fees for what we do and how we do it.

See: TimeshareQuitClaim.com

All the Best

Preston Vacation Homes Only

Sheila C.
Sep 11, 2013

Jay Jay,

Again, you are completely wrong, don't know what your talking about, and making slanderous accusations.

If your last post is not removed in the next 24hrs you will hear from our attorneys.

You had better contact your attorney and review internet libel law.

Vacation Homes Only

Preston G.

Last edited by vacationhomesonly on Sep 11, 2013 06:43 PM

Sep 12, 2013

sheilac170 wrote:
I am unable to contact this site. I wish to quitclaim my unit which is totally paid off and up to date with assessments. Due to terminal health issues I will be turning over all (few) of my assets to a facility and will have no income to pay fees. How can I accomplish this?

First try contacting the resort and explain your situation. The resort might take the deed, perhaps charging a fee to do so.

If that doesn't work, try advertising it here in RedWeek's Bargain basement or on other reputable sites such as My Resort Network, E-Bay, or Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com) and go to the Bargain Deals section.

Do not, however, pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare because there are many scam artists out there preying on desperate timeshare owners like you.

Lance C.
Sep 12, 2013

vacationhomesonly wrote:
Jay Jay,

Again, you are completely wrong, don't know what your talking about, and making slanderous accusations.

If your last post is not removed in the next 24hrs you will hear from our attorneys.

You had better contact your attorney and review internet libel law.

Vacation Homes Only

So tell me, Mr. Green, who pays the maintenance fees when someone 'quit claims' a deed to you. I have said nothing slanderous .... get a life or find another career .... you seem to have far too much time on your hands = no business activity on your part.

You are also advertising a business on Redweek's forums which is not allowed and you KNOW that fact, but you do it anyway .... says a lot about your character.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Sep 12, 2013 07:58 AM

Sep 17, 2013

Good morning, Sheila, My name is Barb Foley, and our family has enjoyed Marco Island for years. We have not been able to come down here due to our farming responsibilities, but this will change in a bit due to having a son coming home from college in 4 years. are you at eagles nest on collier drive, and what week do you own. thank you for your time. Sincerely. Barb

Barb F.
Aug 31, 2015

What do you have?

michaelg451 wrote:
I would like to give my timeshare away to someone. If I had a taker, do I have to go through a title search etc. I can understand those procedures if you are paying money but if you get it for free? I called my timeshare as I have someone interested to find out what to do and they just want to pass me on to some realtor to handle it. My unit is free and clear.

any suggestions?

Roice W.
Feb 18, 2016

OK, so what if you had a time share quit claimed to you... and you didn't want it? My mom received a quit claimed time share and put my name on it as a co-owner. The time-share materials never had my name on it, it's only on the deed, so I wasn't sure until I started paying the bills for her. Can I quit claim it to her? Or seek legal advice?

Jeanette U.
Feb 18, 2016

You better consult an attorney. Unless you signed a document agreeing to be on the deed you can probably have your name removed. No one can force you take something you didn't agree to take.

Don P.
Mar 28, 2016

voluntarily deleted --- not going there; seek professional legal counsel as suggested above...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Mar 28, 2016 10:20 AM

Aug 09, 2018

What if I am on the deed with several other parties and we all went in on it together? Can I do a quit claim deed just for my name and leave the other names unchanged? It's been 20 years and I'm the only one that made the payments. I haven't used it in a decade yet I'm still the only one paying dues. When we made the purchase we all agreed to share the maintenance fees but the other parties flaked out. It would be sweet to be able to just remove my own name and watch the other guys have to finally own up to their commitments. I always took up the slack because I don't want to get into legal trouble.

Pat T.
Aug 10, 2018

patt199 wrote:
What if I am on the deed with several other parties and we all went in on it together? Can I do a quit claim deed just for my name and leave the other names unchanged? It's been 20 years and I'm the only one that made the payments. I haven't used it in a decade yet I'm still the only one paying dues. When we made the purchase we all agreed to share the maintenance fees but the other parties flaked out. It would be sweet to be able to just remove my own name and watch the other guys have to finally own up to their commitments. I always took up the slack because I don't want to get into legal trouble.

In order to change / add / remove any names on the current recorded deed, every party whose name appears on the current recorded deed must sign as grantor(s) on any subsequent new deed. This would also be true if the deeded timeshare was to be sold.

In other words, no --- you cannot just unilaterally "remove" yourself, since you are (legally speaking) only one of the owners of record and all the others whose names are on the current deed must also sign as "grantors" on any new deed. Whether quit claim or warranty deed is really completely irrelevant to this issue. In any deed, there must be acceptance for the deed to be valid.

The only good news here is that if you simply stop paying anything further, all owners of record (i.e., all those whose names appear on the current deed, not just you) will be equally responsible in any subsequent collection efforts and / or later foreclosure action for non-payment.

Surely not the answer you had hoped for, but it's true and accurate nonetheless.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 10, 2018 05:24 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.