Oyster Bay Beach Resort

OBBR OWNERS ONLY

Jan 28, 2012

How does one get in touch with Cheryl Ward?

Berton S.
Jan 28, 2012

Also Interested.

Berton S.

Last edited by bertons2 on May 07, 2014 08:21 AM

Jan 28, 2012

Deleted

Steve H.

Last edited by steveh576 on Feb 17, 2012 07:31 AM

Oct 10, 2012

A

Terrell M.

Last edited by terrell14 on May 06, 2014 05:46 PM

Dec 02, 2012

I wish I could sell what I own here.

Carol H.

Last edited by carol1670 on Feb 13, 2013 04:21 PM

Feb 12, 2013

I am an owner with 1 2BR every other year. How do you go about selling it in here? I'm sorry, I am new to this and just want to be pointed in the right direction.

Thx Bill

Bill S.
Feb 24, 2014

I've been an owner since 2000 and have seen owners gradually been pushed out, especially in winter months. With selling of fixed weeks and conversion of units to condo residences, it is getting increasing difficult to book in winter season. This year we were given a very bad location in center units with lots of noise. We finally after talking with a manager got a quieter unit but still in middle. For those of us who paid top price for floating weeks, I think we are being pushed to buy fixed week or given lowest priority. Renters have even higher priority.

I'm wondering if there's anything that can be done legally to get better treatment as owners.

Feb. 2014. jrs

Janie R.
Feb 27, 2014

I am also concerned about availability since Oyster Bay is pushing fixed weeks only and anything new is condos. I own a floating week and come back to Oyster Bay every 3-4 years, using Interval International for exchanges the other years. The last couple years exchanging has not worked very well. On top of that, I have been contacted about converting to the point system. I am not familiar with the point system, and am trying to figure out if I should do that. What are benefits vs, cost which the company (contracted by Oyster Bay, name unsure, Outward Etc.???) is quoting at $3,000. Any thoughts by owners or people in the point system with Oyster Bay?

Thanks, Ed

janier21 wrote:
I've been an owner since 2000 and have seen owners gradually been pushed out, especially in winter months. With selling of fixed weeks and conversion of units to condo residences, it is getting increasing difficult to book in winter season. This year we were given a very bad location in center units with lots of noise. We finally after talking with a manager got a quieter unit but still in middle. For those of us who paid top price for floating weeks, I think we are being pushed to buy fixed week or given lowest priority. Renters have even higher priority.

I'm wondering if there's anything that can be done legally to get better treatment as owners.

Feb. 2014. jrs

Edward S.
Mar 03, 2014

Been a few years ago relative to message, but am a OBBR owner and try ing to figure out if I should pay the price for conversion to points system from floating week. Concerned about cost $3000 and any improvement in ability for exchanges. Any suggestions / info. I have no idea how many OBBR owners are in point system vs. fixed or floating week.

Thanks, Ed

Edward S.
May 06, 2014

deleted

Obbr S.

Last edited by obbrs on May 06, 2014 05:22 PM

Jul 10, 2014

I have recently been "given the opportunity" to convert to points at II through OBBR. Has anyone done it and how pleased /displeased are you with it? It was a "hard sell" approach :-( and was told my week was worthless without changing over and coughing up$3000.

I see that the previous post was deleted...why?

Thanks for your help!

obbrs wrote:
deleted

K L.
Jul 10, 2014

janier21 wrote:

Feb. 2014. jrs

Hi, I've owned since 1997 and feel the way you do. Have you had any luck with getting information? I was given a "hard sell" yesterday to convert to points with Interval International or my unit would be worthless! I would not be able to exchange at Interval because there wouldn't be any availability since everyone was converting to points.

Thanks for any help!!

KLJ

K L.
Jul 10, 2014

I have recently been "given the opportunity" to convert to points at II through OBBR. Has anyone done it and how pleased /displeased are you with it? It was a "hard sell" approach :-( and was told my week was worthless without changing over and coughing up$3000.

Have you come up with any info??? Thanks KLJ

edwards260 wrote:
Been a few years ago relative to message, but am a OBBR owner and try ing to figure out if I should pay the price for conversion to points system from floating week. Concerned about cost $3000 and any improvement in ability for exchanges. Any suggestions / info. I have no idea how many OBBR owners are in point system vs. fixed or floating week.

Thanks, Ed

K L.
Sep 15, 2014

OBBR is a scam, they infinitely keep selling something. I dont remember having to pay more than 500 a year for maintenance now its at 850$. I'd like to be part of the association of owners.

Avi I.
Jan 07, 2015

How do I join the owners association. Visited in the past few months, am not happy we need some sort of power. also I just got a 1000 dollar increase in maintenance for "updrades" needed at the resort I don't want to put a penny back into this place. Come on people we paid for this place for fake promises and they keep changing the rules. We mite as well get mugged in the streets and don't do anything about it. Lets get this going.

Avi I.
Mar 02, 2015

Just wanted to add I will check back here frequently and my email is lssaja@aol.com if anyone can think of a way to form an owners association with some sort of way to keep the resort from trying to force points on those who don't want it, or fixed weeks. I just exchanged last minute with Interval with no problem to be honest. And yes OBBR tried just this past year only pushing the points plan. I will do more research and get back to those reading posts here.

Laura S.
Mar 02, 2015

Did you ever sell? I am in your spot exactly....been thinking of donating it just to rid myself of the high dollar yearly costs....not worth waiting for a sale.

Carol H.
Jul 01, 2017

I have owned at OBBR since 2000 and have never converted to points and don't have nearly the flexibility we once had. Did an owner's group ever get formed? Also curious to know what your experience has been and have you been there recently?

William F.
Jul 01, 2017

Saw your post. Owned (as in the past tense) from 2000 till March 2017. We walked away. What am I not understanding? The beach is UNUSABLE. How can you go to a Caribbean island and not be able to use the beach? We were flex owners who used OBBR a lot. We bought weeks from Interval and rented directly from owners. We stayed at the Lighthouse and across the road at private homes. We loved the location. Then came the Sargassum weed. We're done.

Steve H.
Jul 01, 2017

When you say you walked away does that mean you returned your unit to OBBR - or literally walked away? I'm getting close but may hang in for another year or so hoping the seaweed issues resolve.

Please advise - thanks!

William F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.