Timeshare Companies

beware of dealing with Timeshare Broker Services of Florida

Dec 26, 2013

I sincerely regret the message below andI would like to take serious issue with the comments below regarding dealing with Timeshare Broker Resales of Florida, an exceptionally professional real estate brokerage. Diane Nadeau's expertise, professionalism and caring helped us purchase a two bedroom Platinum season timeshare at the Marriott Aruba Surf Club (ranked #3 of all timeshares) at a remarkable price last March. Their help was invaluable. Laird and Cerylle Moffett

juliel159 wrote:
I got burnt - it is too late for me, but this message is to try to prevent others from suffering the same fate. From what I understand, they treat both buyers and sellers alike.

They are very friendly, helpful in the beginning till they earn your trust. I was planning to buy an additional week on my own, looking at Red Week ads, TUG, etc. They asked - almost pleaded with me to go through them, they will get me a great deal. Bottom line, they never worked for me, never negotiated on my behalf. They found a week for a great price - then they raised it substantially before presenting it to me. It was of course my fault for believeing what I heard..

Naturally I will never do business with them again...

Cerylle
Jul 15, 2014

First of all, our appreciation and thanks to the Moffett's for their kind words and support. That said, we need to set the record straight:

Diane Nadeau and Don Nadeau are Broker/Owners of Timeshare Broker Sales, established August 1, 2010. We are BBB A-Rated, NAR and ARDA members, and current membership chair for the LTRBA group of licensed timeshare brokers. We have a traditional business model of listing and selling timeshare intervals for commission at time of sale, with no up front fees.

Prior to that launch, Diane and I co-founded Timeshare Broker SERVICES in November, 2005. The company, an entity of Vacation HotDeals, Inc. was sold in December, 2008 to Edison Venture Fund (NJ), and we relinquished our duties as Broker/Owners in July, 2009. The company has since been sold again to an entity in Orlando, Vacation Innovations, in August 2012. To that end, the complaint lodged in this thread was aimed at our old company, and not us.

Finally, I would like to point out that the original author of this thread used a fictitious name, and actually was "inherited" as part of our newly formed Timeshare Broker Services of NH, with Don Nadeau the Managing Broker. Obviously disgruntled with the new formation, he was soon relieved of his duties for insubordination and other issues.

Our current company, Timeshare Broker Sales, celebrates 4 successful years on August 1, remain solely owned, managed, and operated by the Nadeau's, with help from their loyal staff of five long-time employees. We are dedicated to providing traditional brokerage sales and services of premium branded timeshare properties, always with "white glove" attention to our customers. Thank you to all who have helped us maintain a leadership role in resale brokerage. Sincerely, Don & Diane Nadeau Broker/Owners Timeshare Broker Sales

Diane Nadeau
Oct 22, 2014

Which brokers are good in Florida I have a timeshare in miami fl I cant seem to find nobody to help me?

Catherine R.
Oct 22, 2014

Catherine,

Are you looking for help to sell your timeshare, or do you already have a buyer and are wanting help with the closing?

catheriner127 wrote:
Which brokers are good in Florida I have a timeshare in miami fl I cant seem to find nobody to help me?

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Sep 30, 2016

Well my Parent's tried to sell their Westgate Resort Florida Timeshare using Redweek and was scammed out of $800.00 and was told they had a buyer from Canada that was ready to pay $20.000 so they sent this form which had information concerning the buyer and seller information. the $800.00 fee was for transference of the taxes and title so once Redweek recieved the money my parent's recieved the runaround no answered calls there was no sell that took place just a loss $800.00. So thank you for this information cause they really need to sell it.

Jerry T.
Oct 03, 2016

Jerry - Unfortunately there are some scammers out there who attempt to use the RedWeek name, so we advise people to first of all make sure they are actually dealing with RedWeek. We do not solicit owners with purchase offers and we don’t offer any products that cost $800. If you have any correspondence from the company that your parents are dealing with, please forward it to fraud@redweek.com and we will be happy to review it and let you know what we find out.

If you have further questions, please Contact Us .

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 28, 2020 07:07 AM

Dec 15, 2017

I'm not sure there hasn't been a major change within this company. My own experiences are very different. First of all learn from some place like Timeshare Users Group about timeshares and be realistic. We worked with Eric Pagan here and he was great. We just wanted out, but didn't want to do a freebie giveback to Wyndham. To Wyndham's credit they did recommend Timeshare Broker Associates. Eric got us as much as we could reasonably expect and even took the filing fees charged by the local government out of his own commission (which he definitely earned). We paid nothing to sell our timeshare. (We call the maintenance fees paid to Wyndham & all the other money to them "Stupidity Tax.)

Lois K.
Dec 15, 2017

I just realized the names are very confusing. We dealt with Timeshare Broker _Associates_ out of Orlando. They have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. I would hate for their reputation to be damaged by the company, Timeshare Broker _Services of Florida._

Lois K.
Dec 15, 2017

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!

Don P.
Dec 16, 2017

Many timeshares have little or no monetary value in the resale market; that's an unfortunate but truthful fact.

For people who have a timeshare that DOES have some resale market value, but who do not want to undertake the time and / or effort to sell it themselves, there are licensed timeshare resale brokers who take their commission ONLY from sale proceeds --- NO upfront money. Names and locations of such brokers can be found at LTRBA.com. I have no affiliation of any sort with that group, nor with anyone within it; I am merely pointing out its' existence as an organization of honest timeshare resale brokers.Personally, I have never used a broker as either buyer or seller in ANY resale timeshare transaction, but if I ever chose to do so I would not deal with any broker who is NOT a member of LTRBA.

That said, bear in mind that even LTRBA brokers require a minimum commission (often $1,500 -- $2,000 or a percentage of the final sale figure (whichever is greater). Accordingly, if they sell your timeshare for $1,500, you would receive absolutely nothing --- and SOMEONE will still have to pay closing costs and any resort-imposed transfer fee (hopefully the buyer). In my personal opinion, more often than not a selling owner is better off advertising for themselves --- or pursuing a "deedback" to the resort if they are desperate AND can accept the idea of giving back for free something for which they once likely paid good money.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 18, 2017 06:25 AM

Feb 11, 2018

I have used Timeshare Broker Services to purchase 5 different timeshare weeks. The timeshare price has always been negotiate to my desired buy in price and ALL transfer, closing, admin etc fees have been given to me up front. I have nothing but good things to say about the company.

William T.
Aug 07, 2019

I want you to know that I was offended and frustrated by your HORRIBLE rep who just contacted me and tried to low ball the value of my time to a level almost offensive for a highly sought after property in Orlando.

I plan to be sure to publicize as much as possible how poor your approach is to dealing with potential customers and make them aware you are a “low balling” company with inexperienced people contacting potential clients with ridiculous values and numbers....

Terribly disappointed and quite frankly not surprised based on your approach to “no fees” to get people lured only to squeeze them down....

Go fly a kite Time Share Broker’s Dot com...

B M.
Oct 08, 2019

Unethical business......I recently went through VRBO to find and reserve a rental. Was sent a reply stating that 'they are updating their prices' and the LISTED price was not available, therefore my reservation was cancelled. Then, received a text stating that they wanted to chat with me. Was contacted by Dustin who wanted to work with me outside of the VRBO system to save me money.....I found this a bit strange and unethical, but listened to what he had to say. Although he couldn't honor the listed price of $4,500, he was able to work out a deal for $7,100.....yea, right!!!! After explaining that I will think about it, he contacted me stating that somebody else rented that unit (it was about 60 minutes later), but he has a similar in another property for the same amount.....told him I was not interested... Today, that same unit, is back on VRBO for the same low price.....I get the feeling that Dustin is purposely listing properties at an incorrect price to lure customers in. Then, he attempts to work with the customer, outside the VRBO system, to eliminate their listing fees.... I have already contacted VRBO to report this type of business practice!!!

Tom S.
May 08, 2021

SHADY BUSINESS! I was selling my timeshare through SMTN, received professional service I was happy with. I dropped the sales price of my timeshare to $ 499, to enable a quick sale. The real value was at least $ 26 000. Nicholas Larrow from Timeshare Broker Services (closely connected with Timeshare Closing Services and SMTN - SellMyTimeshareNow) contacted me with a potential buyer and started the sale, involving Jeana Clarkin from Timeshare Closing Services.

The official sales contract showed the Sales Price of $ 499, the Broker Commisson was the the same amount, $ 499, with an added note that the buyer would reimburse me for $ 1200 (2021 Maintenance Fee) at closing. SO FAR, SO GOOD!

The closing documents were all signed. On March 3rd Timeshare Closing Services notified me that Hyatt Pinion Pointe had exercised their Right of First Refusal and wanted to buy my timeshare "BASED ON SAME TERMS OF THE CONTRACT". Here is where everything went sideways................ Timeshare Broker Services and Timeshare Closing Services "forgot" to notify Hyatt Pinion Pointe the sales contract had added a note in regard to reimbursement of the 2021 Maintenance Fees. This is not something Hyatt would have to answer for.

Timeshare Broker Services took the sales price as their broker commission, refused to reimburse me, left me with absolutely NOTHING. I have attempted numerous times to contact Timeshare Broker Services and the title company to solve this issue. The title company refers me back to Timeshare Broker Services, but I´m met with total silence.

Timeshare Broker Services cheated me for a lot of money. All I can do now is to warn any potential buyers/ sellers before they get involved with Timeshare Broker Services and Timeshare Closing Services.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND AVOID ALL FUTURE CONTACT!

Paul W.

Last edited by paulw736 on Jun 10, 2021 05:53 AM

Apr 04, 2024

i was contacted by Christopher Blackwell from Timeshare Broker Services. He assures me I will incur no costs. How will they defraud me in this transaction. What should I be looking for?

Linda M.
Apr 04, 2024

lindam2233 wrote:
i was contacted by Christopher Blackwell from Timeshare Broker Services. He assures me I will incur no costs. How will they defraud me in this transaction. What should I be looking for?

This thread contains nearly 60 posts over 3 full pages, with all kinds of information and first hand experiences regarding Timeshare Broker Services.

You would be wise to spend the time and effort to read and absorb *ALL* of it before considering doing business with TBS. Forewarned is forearmed.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Apr 10, 2024 05:01 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.