Timeshare Companies

Grupo mayan lies to sell timeshare!!

Feb 04, 2013

teresam336 wrote:
Please let me know how you can help my husband and I. We bought in april 2012 at Grand Mayan Puerto Penasco. The entire sales pitch was one lie after another. They said they would talke to management and see if we could get our money back and cancel. We were just informed that would not be possible.

If you can prove that you've been scammed by Grand Mayan (ie: if they told you that you could not rescind and that statement is in your contract .... by MX law you have five days to rescind in MX) then you can file a complaint with Profeco .... the consumer advocacy agency in MX, however if the lies were verbally told to you and not in your written contract then I'm afraid you're stuck with your purchase.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Feb 04, 2013 09:25 AM

Feb 06, 2013

The old saying by educated timeshare owners is "if a timeshare salesperson moves their lips they're lying".

R P.

Last edited by astephens on Feb 13, 2013 01:22 PM

Feb 12, 2013

matthews200 wrote:
Please contact me. If you just purchased in April of last year and have not used the timeshare, I can get all of your money back if they misrepresented the timeshare.

How are you going to prove the resort misrepresented the timeshare .... were you there? What is said verbally in a presentation holds no water in a court of law (unless it was tape recorded) .... it's only what's in the written contract that counts.

If they told the buyers that they had no rescission period and it's stated in their contract (MX has 5 days to rescind by law) then this is an outright lie and should be reported to www.profeco.com (the consumer advocacy agency in MX). They are the only ones that can help.

Readers, don't waste your time with matthews scam.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Feb 12, 2013 08:38 AM

Feb 13, 2013

jayjay wrote:
matthews200 wrote:
Please contact me. If you just purchased in April of last year and have not used the timeshare, I can get all of your money back if they misrepresented the timeshare.

How are you going to prove the resort misrepresented the timeshare .... were you there? What is said verbally in a presentation holds no water in a court of law (unless it was tape recorded) .... it's only what's in the written contract that counts.

If they told the buyers that they had no rescission period and it's stated in their contract (MX has 5 days to rescind by law) then this is an outright lie and should be reported to www.profeco.com (the consumer advocacy agency in MX). They are the only ones that can help.

Readers, don't waste your time with matthews scam.

Jayjay, it isbecoming CLEAR that you have some alterior motive for "warning" consumers. I offered to speak with you directly. You have never taken me up on the offer. I have worked directly with Member Services as a mediator with owners to achieve resolutions. It benefits both parties as it helps the resorts avoid further public outcry and also the panalties associated with the long drawn out PROFECO process. Sadly the fear that you strike into these postings does not help anyone. In addition, owners who reach out to me on this site are not able to contact me because my postings get erased. I certainly do not advertise on this site, but if ownbers reach out for information, they should not be resticted from being able to contact me. I do not understand why you would take issue or "warn" consumers when I do not take any upfront fee.

Matthew S.

Last edited by astephens on Feb 13, 2013 01:29 PM

Feb 13, 2013

matthews200 wrote:
Jayjay, it isbecoming CLEAR that you have some alterior motive for "warning" consumers.

The only ulterior motive I have for posting on Redweek's forums is to warn readers of SCAMS like yours. Read my previous post about signing a legally binding contract and the results of such .... you cannot get someone out of a legally binding contract unless you can PROVE (without a doubt) fraud ..... enough said.

R P.
Feb 13, 2013

matthews200 wrote:
Sadly the fear that you strike into these postings does not help anyone. In addition, owners who reach out to me on this site are not able to contact me because my postings get erased.

Well, that is certainly a compliment .... that I strike fear into readers when I post about a timeshare scam operation. The reason your posts get deleted is because you are blatantly advertising on Redweek' s forums = not allowed, and a scam at that. Your post above will also be deleted.

Scammers seem to think they can come on Redweek's forums and post to advertise their scams .... there's been hundreds to try it and their posts are deleted.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Feb 13, 2013 09:54 AM

Feb 13, 2013

NIce. I am sure you work for a timeshare or resale company yourself. Enough said. You control this forum. What a sad world. You failed to comment on how I deal directly as a mediator and have proof and take no upfrant fees? How can that be a scam? You make zero sense. However, you will not acknowledge any of that. Good luck sleeping. I hope what you get paid is worth keeping owners captive and whatever else you do.....

Matthew S.
Feb 28, 2013

Timeshares need to be looked up as a purchase and not an investment. Regardless of how timeshares are presented, they don´t perform as well as a house or stock investment. If you look around the resale market for timeshares on websites like EBay, Redweek, or TUGBBS will find that you can buy a timeshare for far less money than what the first owner purchased it for.

Linda R.

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 28, 2013 02:33 PM

Mar 01, 2013

matthews200 wrote:
NIce. I am sure you work for a timeshare or resale company yourself. Enough said. You control this forum. What a sad world. You failed to comment on how I deal directly as a mediator and have proof and take no upfrant fees? How can that be a scam? You make zero sense. However, you will not acknowledge any of that. Good luck sleeping. I hope what you get paid is worth keeping owners captive and whatever else you do.....

I assume you were speaking to me ... I am not employed by any timeshare related company whatsoever .... I am merely a former timeshare owner that posts on Redweek's forums to warn people of scams. I wish I got paid to post on Redweek's forums but I do not .... I do it of my own free will.

And there's no way any socalled mediator can mediate a deal when a legal contract has been signed by all parties ... enough said.

R P.
Mar 01, 2013

jayjay wrote:
matthews200 wrote:

I assume you were speaking to me ... I am not employed by any timeshare related company whatsoever .... I am merely a former timeshare owner that posts on Redweek's forums to warn people of scams. I wish I got paid to post on Redweek's forums but I do not .... I do it of my own free will.

And there's no way any socalled mediator can mediate a deal when a legal contract has been signed by all parties ... enough said.

While I value your diligence in warning fellow consumers, some companies such as Grupo Mayan (now Vida) do value the ability to mediate with consumers instead of facing possible fines with PROFECO and legal fees in defending a PROFECO dispute or further social or public damage via the internet or word of mouth. They have enough public damage from uncrupulous sales agents already.

Some owners are also able to downgrade contracts. While it is true that a contract is binding, management does have the authority to review each case and offer a solution or a cancelation and refund. I have been dealing successfully with Grupo Mayan for six years and helped about two hundred owners achieve either a cancelation or a refund as long as they have a legitimate case of misrepresentation - especially as it pertains to investment and the clients have been given rental comapnies or have sales notes which detail the misreps.

I wish that people like you with good intentions would not be so stubborn as to plug your ears when someone attempts to help consumers, even if you do not understand or have your own doubts. You cannot possibly think you have ALL the answers. None of us do. Consumers can make up their own minds and I give them plenty of information to make their own decision.

Enough said indeed. I am very certain since my messages are edited or erased here that I will not be able to assist any more owners through this forum.

Thankfully, before I was silenced, I was able to help two owners through this site receive full cancelations and refunds.

Good day to you, sir.

Matthew S.
Mar 29, 2013

Hi matthews200, since you have close contact with the office of Mayan Palace do you happen to know a gentleman by the name of D. Dibartolomeo ,and if you do , can you tell me his first name ? This young man is doing sales now at Vallarta Gardens in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle Nayarit MX. and he mentioned he had previously worked at M P. P.V or Nuevo Vallarta. We own in Nuevo at MP and he upsold us into the Platinum Residence Club membership after a lot of big talk and a lot of promises. Details to follow. I also value others opinions here on the forums, but your remark about Profeco was laughable . They have so little influence on T.S and a slap on the wrist is not going to stop any salesman from lying ,cheating ,scamming to sell their product . If they had more power we wouldn't have these problems.As for Jayjay , anyone can lye on this forum and have hidden agenda's ,so its up to us to figure out if you work for a resale co. ?

matthews200 sure you work for a timeshare or resale company yourself. Enough said. You control this forum. What a sad world. You failed to comment on how I deal directly as a mediator and have proof and take no upfrant fees? How can that be a scam? You make zero sense. However, you will not acknowledge any of that. Good luck sleeping. I hope what you get paid is worth keeping owners captive and whatever else you do.....[/Q wrote:

While I value your diligence in warning fellow consumers, some companies such as Grupo Mayan (now Vida) do value the ability to mediate with consumers instead of facing possible fines with PROFECO and legal fees in defending a PROFECO dispute or further social or public damage via the internet or word of mouth. They have enough public damage from uncrupulous sales agents already.

Some owners are also able to downgrade contracts. While it is true that a contract is binding, management does have the authority to review each case and offer a solution or a cancelation and refund. I have been dealing successfully with Grupo Mayan for six years and helped about two hundred owners achieve either a cancelation or a refund as long as they have a legitimate case of misrepresentation - especially as it pertains to investment and the clients have been given rental comapnies or have sales notes which detail the misreps.

I wish that people like you with good intentions would not be so stubborn as to plug your ears when someone attempts to help consumers, even if you do not understand or have your own doubts. You cannot possibly think you have ALL the answers. None of us do. Consumers can make up their own minds and I give them plenty of information to make their own decision.

Enough said indeed. I am very certain since my messages are edited or erased here that I will not be able to assist any more owners through this forum.

Thankfully, before I was silenced, I was able to help two owners through this site receive full cancelations and refunds.

Good day to you, sir.

Alice M.
Mar 29, 2013

I will check my case files to see if that name appears on any other contracts I have worked on. There is a great turn around with these scamming sales agents as they prey from resort to resort, but I am certain their tactics are not fully discouraged by management. I will also inquire with my contact at GM but I do not know if they will just divulge sales agent's info. I deal directly with their corporate office that handles contracts. We certainly are not buddy/buddy but they work with us to mediate issues. You are correct about PROFECO as the fines are not high enough to counter act the profit they make from deceptive sales practices, but it is a small deterrent. If you like, you can leave an email address. Typically, when I leave mine, they block it or delete my posts.

alicem105 wrote:
Hi matthews200, since you have close contact with the office of Mayan Palace do you happen to know a gentleman by the name of D. Dibartolomeo ,and if you do , can you tell me his first name ? This young man is doing sales now at Vallarta Gardens in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle Nayarit MX. and he mentioned he had previously worked at M P. P.V or Nuevo Vallarta. We own in Nuevo at MP and he upsold us into the Platinum Residence Club membership after a lot of big talk and a lot of promises. Details to follow. I also value others opinions here on the forums, but your remark about Profeco was laughable . They have so little influence on T.S and a slap on the wrist is not going to stop any salesman from lying ,cheating ,scamming to sell their product . If they had more power we wouldn't have these problems.As for Jayjay , anyone can lye on this forum and have hidden agenda's ,so its up to us to figure out if you work for a resale co. ?

matthews200 sure you work for a timeshare or resale company yourself. Enough said. You control this forum. What a sad world. You failed to comment on how I deal directly as a mediator and have proof and take no upfrant fees? How can that be a scam? You make zero sense. However, you will not acknowledge any of that. Good luck sleeping. I hope what you get paid is worth keeping owners captive and whatever else you do.....[/Q wrote:

Good day to you, sir.

Matthew S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.