The Manhattan Club

Maintenance Fees

Feb 25, 2011

Count us in on the outrageous maintenance fee disappointment! We want out and just won't pay! What a scheme and ripoff. The Manhattan club Stinks, anyway! It's nothing like the model units.

Bobbi I.
Feb 25, 2011

Have you joined the yahoo group?

Lucy A.
Mar 07, 2011

lucy109 wrote:
You were approved today.
What is the status of the class action suit started last year?? I tried the yahoo site could not join? Is the facebook page about unhappy owners?

Nicholas B.
Mar 07, 2011

cyndia2 A class action suit complaint is being undertaken at this time (8/14/2010) and, if you have not done so already, you can add your name to it as a Manhattan Club owner by e-mailing

What is the status of the class action suit at this time..

Nicholas B.
Mar 18, 2011

O spoke to someone about our terrible experience being an owner of the Manhattan Club and asked how I could report my disgust to our so called "elected board" She said I could probably get an email address, has anyone been successful doing this? Also it was suggested that we attend the meeting on August 3rd. Has anyone planned to go to that?

Annmarie C.
Apr 21, 2011

We found a terrific firm who wants to take on the Class Acton suit. It's been hard to get anyone to take on a class; several owners have cases right now in Court on their own.

Please email me at Corspeak77@yahoo.com. O will have to verify your ownership as we have speed from MC watching our every move. I'm sure they are on here too so we must take care. Anyone living in the tri-state area, please let me know. Also email any written documentation you have regarding reservation issues, or anything other MC communication. I am not a spy. I've been posting extensively on the Yahoo owners group for some time, explaining the real deal at MC, and even been threatened with a lawsuit by their attorneys for bringing up issues to them that explained lack of reservation availability.

I am currently trying to see if any owners besides myself obtained a mortgage and if so, was the percentage rate changed between time of purchase and time deed and closing documents received (2 months later).

Management has now offered some (not everyone) owners the "privilege" of taking back units with no cost to the owners. How generous of them. Of course, any pending reservations must be cancelled.

THEY HAVE PLAYED WELL ON OUR DESPERATION so guess what? I was able to book a few days in June 2011 for days that were probably returned through ownership givebacks. Of course, in the middle of the 4 days, they said 1 day isn't availa ble, though it shows as open on the public booking sites. Guess that day is DEVELOPERS INV ENTORY WHICH IS CLAIMED TO BE HIS RIGHT TO RENT OUT BEFORE WE OWNERS. GOT THAT SCHEME FIGURED OUT but won't go into details here.

There is also a protest planned so tell me if your interested. Won't post any more details here, of course.

Spread the word, especially to those not in the yahoo group and email me with any info as above or questions! It's a great time for owners to receive justice!

Corinne S.
Apr 22, 2011

Thank you so much for Redweek and this forum. I was very tempted to purchase a timeshare @ MC recently posted on E-Bay for $1.00 and seller was going to pay nearly all closing costs as well. I thought it was a great deal and nearly purchased. I then decided to do a little research and read all the negative comments about this place. I feel so sorry for all of the owners of these units.....you can go directly on the MC website and book rooms for the same cost or less than the maintenance fees the owners currently pay and alot more flexibility....good luck with your lawsuit...hope it goes in your favor

Andy G.
May 03, 2011

Please include me. Gailgiovanniello@ymail.com

Gail G.
May 07, 2011

I signed upb or yahoo group but no response. Waiting....wantvto get involved. Just learning about the MC

Gail B.
May 09, 2011

Any updates to the suit?

Zenon H.
May 29, 2011

We are very interested in participating in a class action suit of the Manhattan Club - we are members of the Founders group, which means that we purchased many yrs. ago while the units were under construction. Maintenance fees have nearly tripled since we have been owners, and we have complained bitterly to owners services re. the lack of availability when we wanted to come, particularly in the past few years. We also object to having to pay a year in advance when we want to take our week- that's a real rip-off as far as I'm concerned. We are here for Memorial Day week and were told about this group by another owner in the lobby, and were very pleased to hear of your group. We live in the Washington, DC area, and would be able to come to meet, with enough prior notice so please be in touch. The current situation is really untenable and obviously most unfair to those of us who bear the expenses of ownership.

Louise M.
May 29, 2011

Please email me at Corspeak77@yahoo.com. I have a list of those interested so send me your name, address, phone & type of ownership.

Not all will be contacted but all will be included.

Thanks!

Corinne S.
Jun 02, 2011

corinnes25 wrote:
Please email me at Corspeak77@yahoo.com. I have a list of those interested so send me your name, address, phone & type of ownership.

Thanks!

I emailed you at the above email; however, the response was that it was not the email dealing with TMC lawsuit. Please email me at zhac02@aol.com as I would like to join the crowd. Thank you.

Zenon H.
Jun 20, 2011

In addition to the purchase price and annual maintenance fees, are there real estate taxes to be paid, or are such taxes part of the annual maintenance fee?

Also, I'd like to know if anyone has exercised their right to use the gym even when not staying as guests, as long as they own a timeshare?

Eileen B.
Jul 02, 2011

zenonh2 wrote:
corinnes25 wrote:

Thanks!

I emailed you at the above email; however, the response was that it was not the email dealing with TMC lawsuit. Please email me at zhac02@aol.com as I would like to join the crowd. Thank you.

Maria L.
Jul 02, 2011

What a bunch of endless Kvetches, you want to own in NYC and were led to believe it was on the square, l have l dozen Genuine Rolex watches for $10.00 each. Take your lumps, learn from the experience and move on. If not join a twice weekly group therapy session for people who have been screwed without a KISS

Charles K.
Jul 03, 2011

The class action suit was filed in Federal Court on Monday, June 27th, 2011.

First, please know ALL OWNERS ARE INCLUDED UNLESS THEY CHOOSE TO OPT OUT AFTER A DECISION IS MADE.

Second, I cannot comment on the lawsuit except top say it is meticulously written and based on facts that effect all owners. Specifics for each owner's experiences cannot be included as this represents everyone.

Finally, I can't post the lawsuit here... it is a .pdf file on the manhanttan club owners group on yahoo. You need adobe reader to download.

I don't have a timeframe for what will happen and when but ACTION HAS FINALLY BEEN TAKEN!

Re: the Kvetches remark: If you were an owner, you would not make that comment unless you own a fixed week or penthouse suite. Being in Manhattan does not automatically allow people to steal haphazardly and ruthlessly. There are many good honest working folks and businesses in Manhattan. This IS NOT a typical timeshare ripoff. Being nasty is uncalled for. I own another timeshare and NEVER experienced what has been done to owners at MC.

Corinne S.
Aug 17, 2011

happy to hear some legal action is taking place, been an owner since 2001 and most of the headaches and suspicions mentioned here are shared by me.

Michael B.
Sep 06, 2011

Hi Everyone!

We are trying to find as many current and past owners as possible to COMPLETE AND SEND A QUESTIONNAIRE OUR CLASS ACTION ATTORNEY NEEDS FILLED OUT ASAP!!

Please contact me if You Are NOT a member of there Manhattan Club Owners Yahoo Group so we can get your input as THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS. Also please tell anyone you know who is a current or former owner to contact me about this.

Corinne at Corspeak77@yahoo.com, Subject: MC Survey for Class Action In body of email let me know if a .pdf is OK or if you need a printout. Also, to prevent management from sending "spy" emails to me, please tell me the name your unit is under, unit number so I can check the NYC files to verify your ownership as this is an open forum and anyone can respond.

Thank you for your help and cooperation.

FINALLY A PLACE TO EFFECTIVELY AIR OUR EXPERIENCES!

AGAIN: Corspeak77@yahoo.com Subject: MC Survey for Class Action Lawsuit Body of Email: Name on your Contract, Unit # and whether you can receive a .pdf (adobe) attachment or need the survey printed in the email.

Thanks again, Corinne Smith

Corinne S.
Sep 06, 2011

please contact me at immagic@msn.com thanks

Jon L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.