The Manhattan Club

Maintenance Fees

Sep 23, 2011

HI moniqed22,

If you like to participate in the MC Survey for the Class Action Lawsuit please email corspeak77@yahoo.com or alexcrystal22@gmail.com. Please provide your name on your Contract, Unit # . We will send you the Survey.

Or post your email address on the Redweek. Thanks,

Alex

Alex C.
Sep 23, 2011

HI charles671,

If you like to participate in the MC Survey for the Class Action Lawsuit please email corspeak77@yahoo.com or alexcrystal22@gmail.com. Please provide your name on your Contract, Unit # . We will send you the Survey.

Alex

Alex C.
Sep 23, 2011

HI cristinev15,

Alex

Alex C.
Sep 23, 2011

HI tylert8,

Alex

Alex C.
Sep 28, 2011

My only comment is, we own two different weeks at TMC, one is bi-annual 1 bed,2 bath and the other is a Penthouse suite. Our units are luxurious and we luckily have learned how to successfully book our nights. If you compare similar suites in other high-end hotels ( Barclays, Omni etc.) the MC annual maint. fees are a little less than a 7 night stay in a similar suite would be. Most high end hotel suites in NYC are priced in the $ 400.00 +++ per night. The key is to be able to use up all your nights every year they are available which is not easy by any means. We stayed at the Barclay in a similar suite as in the MC and the nightly rate was $ 545.00 plus a 13% tax 9 over $ 600.00 per night) Our biggest complaint is with the MC staff, you are "NEVER" treated as an owner. High-end hotel staff seem to treat you much better and do their individual best to make you feel welcome. The staff at MC seem to have not learned this at all.

Daniel J.
Oct 11, 2011

I think the outrageous goings on at The Manhatten Club might make a good story for the Times real estate pg. If any of the owners out there that are getting hooked, screwed and tatooed have any connections at that illustrious newspaper why not give them a call and give them the scoop

Joe from CT.

Joaseph W.
Oct 11, 2011

I am a current owner and would love to participate in the class action suit. Please send the questionaire ASAP.

Joseph W. Finn 222 Bayberry Dr. Thomaston CT 06787 josephfinn53@optonline.net

Joaseph W.
Oct 11, 2011

Currently the maintainance fees and taxes on a 1 bdrm. / 1 bath / 1 week unit are roughly $1800.00 per year. $1800 x52 weeks = $93,600 in revenue for 1 unit. This is outrageous! When you factor in the purchase price over a ten year period you are well within the luxury rental range of $500 to $600 per night and you can get accomodations any time you like. Your logic is exactly the same as The Manhattan Club management. This is no bargain. If this is such a good deal why is the resale value virtually 0?

Joaseph W.
Oct 11, 2011

Cloobeck was quoted in an interview that DRI was going to get out of the timeshare business and into the hotel business. Force all of the owners to return their deeds and voila you have a hotel which you did not have to purchase. Any straggling owners will find that there is no longer any timeshares. They must be stopped.

David L.
Oct 11, 2011

PLEASE SEND LINK

Chris V.
Oct 21, 2011

My name is Paula G. and I am an owner with the Manhattan Club since 2007 and would absolutely be interested in joining the Class Action suite. Please forward all of the information necessary to participate. I would really like the the law firm information as well prior to providing my owner information. But rest assured, I have experienced all the I have been reading about and I have NEVER been given even a minimal option to give my unit back. We have not been able to use the unit in at least 1 1/2 years and the last time we did, the air conditioning had been turned off and we boiled with absolutely no concern from our hosts.

Paula G.
Oct 21, 2011

Can someone please tell me/us if we should continue to trade the unit and pay our maintainence fees? I already asked the lawyer and didn't get a response. Thank you!

Gail B.
Oct 22, 2011

I have responded to the class action suit and hope it can give us the voice we need to correct the deception that was the sales pitch of the Manhattan Club. One I'm sure they still use today. Recently two more reasons to feel taken, Tried to upgrade to a bigger room for a stay in December called in Sept no good. Tried to book a Saturay / Sunday in January 7 /8 no good. Went on expedia available for both nights. A call to reservations they explained not all Metro Suite were sold some retained. Well that's nice which ones were held who knows just another secret onlty management knows and surely is not a part of there sales presentation. Very Frustating...........

Kathleen B.
Oct 22, 2011

joasephw wrote:
Currently the maintainance fees and taxes on a 1 bdrm. / 1 bath / 1 week unit are roughly $1800.00 per year. $1800 x52 weeks = $93,600 in revenue for 1 unit. This is outrageous! When you factor in the purchase price over a ten year period you are well within the luxury rental range of $500 to $600 per night and you can get accomodations any time you like. Your logic is exactly the same as The Manhattan Club management. This is no bargain. If this is such a good deal why is the resale value virtually 0?

you're soooooooo right. i was miraculously able to purchase an additional week from a timeshare resale agent for more than 75% less than purchasing directly from the MC. keep in mind that the MC has the right of first refusal (RFR) when it comes to purchasing this way. i happen to really enjoy the luxury of the MC, but the current management leaves much to be desired. OWNERS ARE TREATED VERY POORLY WHEN IT COMES TO MAKING RESERVATIONS. A NON-OWNER CAN GO TO HOTELS.COM OR EXPEDIA.COM AND GET A RESERVATION ON THE SPOT FOR DESIRABLE DATES. OWNERS (SOMETIMES UNDERSTANDABLY) NEED TO BOOK 9 MONTHS IN ADVANCE. PLUS, THE MAINTENANCE FEES ARE CERTAINLY NO BARGAIN, REGARDLESS OF HOW LUXURIOUS THE MC IS!

Chris V.
Oct 22, 2011

moniqued22 wrote:
I cannot believe the increase in maintenance fees since we purchased out club - we are being forced to sell.

In addition, I called RCI to bank my week in December of 2008 and they told me we needed to contact the Manhattan Club - I did so in January 2009 and they told me I lost my week - can you imagine? After paying the maintenance fees! Said it was in the contact - how many pages is that contract. In this economy it's a share the way we have been scammed.

SORRY TO SAY, GET USED TO THAT KIND OF TREATMENT FROM THE MC MGMT. THE CONTRACT DOES NOT READ LIKE A BEST SELLER. TRY NOW TO GET A COUPLE OF DAYS IN DECEMBER...WHAT A JOKE...BUT IT GOES FURTHER WITH THE RESERVATION ISSUE: SIMPLY GO TO HOTELS.COM OR EXPEDIA.COM...BINGO, YOUR CHOICE OF DATES IN DECEMBER OF THIS YEAR OR ANY OTHER PRIME TIME...AND THIS IS FOR A NON-OWNER. JOIN THE CLASS ACTION SUIT ESTABLISHED BY THE MANHATTANCLUBOWNERSGROUP AGAINST MC MGMT. AND OWNER, BRUCE EICHER.

Chris V.
Oct 22, 2011

Please instruct me on how to join the class action suite. Does anyone know the law firm that is handling it?

Paula G.
Oct 23, 2011

Maybe we should go to one of the New York news stations,,,,,,Help me Howard?, CBS is near the MC, strike in front of the MC building?, give them poor reviews? When staying at a hotel, I always read the reviews. We may not be entitled to anything legally; the MC knows what they are doing. We may need to encourage a bad reputation by bad reviews, telling the world how poorly they treat everyone who participtes in their establishment.

Gail B.
Nov 12, 2011

I have used the business centre and the lounge when I went to NYC with my sister and stayed somewhere else.

Sharon L.
Feb 09, 2012

Why is there no information on these pages about the actual class? Who is the class so far? How can I join - I have sent e-mails to the addresses posted. Who is the attorney?

I have already hired an attorney in NYC and filed complaints with the AG. I think perhaps we need to get a better forum and formalize all comments and complaints and get serious.

Cris A.
Mar 05, 2012

Has anyone considered donating their unit to charity if they cannot sell for more than the donation's tax writeoff would get them? Would a charity accept something like this? In my case I'd be overjoyed if I could get back 28% of the purchase price.

Brian M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.