The Manhattan Club

Maintenance Fees

Dec 16, 2013

same sh** for all of us re maintenance fees. vulgarity intended, but for emphasis only......sorry if anyone is offended. chris

alexc100 wrote:
My previous maintenance fees for 1 bdr 2 bth split biennial was $1,947. Year 2014 raised to $2,330. When I joined the MC in 2007 it was 1,259. What about your fess, dear owners?

Chris V.

Last edited by phyl21 on Dec 16, 2013 08:34 PM

Dec 17, 2013

So what do we do about it? We are all in the same "boat". How do we work together against the Manhattan Club's unfair practices? It is as though they sell to you, collect your dollars, then make the purchase so challenging to keep that you gladly give it back to them for free so they in turn can go and sell it to the next "schmuck".

Shari D.
Dec 17, 2013

that's about the size of it unless ALL OF US OWNERS WRITE TO THE NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND COMPLAIN BITTERLY ABOUT THIS FRAUDULENT SHAM. HE'S GOT TO KNOW IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS WHAT WE'RE UP AGAINST WITH THIS UNSCRUPULOUS MANHATTAN CLUB MANAGEMENT AND ITS EXORBITANT MAINTENANCE FEE STRUCTURE. IN ADDITION, THE ATTORNEY GENERAL MUST ALSO BE INFORMED OF THE OVERSELLING OF SHARES MAKING IT NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR CURRENT OWNERS TO GET DESIRABLE RESERVATION DATES EVEN BOOKING MONTHS IN ADVANCE.

WE MUST BE OUR OWN ADVOCATES IN THIS MATTER AND THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE MUST BE FLOODED WITH THE LEGITIMATE COMPLAINTS OF EACH AND EVERY MANHATTAN CLUB SHARE OWNER.

WRITE THE NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL IMMEDIATELY.

sharid18 wrote:
So what do we do about it? We are all in the same "boat". How do we work together against the Manhattan Club's unfair practices? It is as though they sell to you, collect your dollars, then make the purchase so challenging to keep that you gladly give it back to them for free so they in turn can go and sell it to the next "schmuck".

Chris V.
Dec 19, 2013

I think in 2014 we should really try to organize against this group of crooks. With all the social media there must be a way to unite. Facebook, twitter any of these can get our disgruntled group united. Get a fax letter drawn up that we can flood to the Attorney General's office we need to get somehow the list of owners it has to public record they have us now because we are a few and scattered. Let try to make 2014 a year we do something . I'm sure some owners are attorney's that would get a letter we could send to DA or Attorney General we need to get loud organize a protest in front of the place something.......Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays unhappy owner.........

Kathleen B.
Dec 19, 2013

kathleen 204, i am certain that at least one of the many current MANHATTAN CLUB owners is an attorney; however, not one of them has offered to be of assistance in our ongoing battle with MANAGEMENT. come on esquires: show yourself and offer some expert help in our plight with THE MANHATTAN CLUB: exorbitant (and rising) maintenance fees, lack of availability for desirable reservations, overselling shares exacerbating the difficulty in making reservations. kathleen, your idea getting a fax letter flooding the NYS ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE is super. next task is to get your idea in motion. some of us have individually written to the NYS ATTORNEY GENERAL (me included) and there was very little done. if we ALL (OR AT LEAST MOST OF US) get letters to THE AG'S OFFICE en masse, perhaps he'll sit up and take notice and do more than tell THE MANHATTAN CLUB MANAGEMENT to "be more transparent" in their fantasy sales pitches. kathleen, let's get your idea in motion NOW, or at least shortly after the holidays. maybe we'll all get some holiday goodies in the form of reduced/partially- refunded maintenance fee, easier reservation policies, and the ceasing of overselling MANHATTAN CLUB SHARES.

Chris V.
Mar 20, 2016

The person/entity receiving your gift would still have to pay the maintenance fees...good luck with that

John C.
Mar 22, 2016

TMC is such a rip off with their fees and restrictive usage procedure for their owners. The AG has made aware of our petitons for a few years now but we've not heard or seen any actions taken. I am frustrated beyond words.

Jim T.
Sep 07, 2016

We are members for twenty-one years. The maintenance started at $850.00 but we were told it would go up a little each year. Can't complain because we were not given an amount, say one hundred dollars a year. However, because of the maintenance, we have to sell. I am willing to sell it for free, as long as the new owner pays the closing costs. Very disappointed.

Joanie F.
Sep 07, 2016

Good luck. Let us know if you find a taker, even for free. I see them on ebay going unsold for $1, but a few do get sold, but don't know the deal they arranged.

Thomas M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.