General Discussion

TRYING TO GET OUT OF MEXICO TIMESHARE

Apr 23, 2013

Because many people wish they never bought a timeshare

Tom S.
Apr 24, 2013

peter819 wrote:
Why did Reweek get rid of the Wish list. does anyone know

Because people were abusing Red Wishes by placing ads there, which is not allowed .... ads should be placed in Sell or Rent Your Timeshare above.

R P.
Apr 24, 2013

A Redwish was intended to get an owner of a particular area or timeshare to rent it or sell, some people would rent or sell theirs if they knew it was being sought after by someone.

Tom S.
Apr 24, 2013

You can donate your timeshare and it will release you of it. Go to ebay timeshares for sale I always click on Bluegreen points as that is what I'm looking for. I bought one through the donate company can't remember the name but you will see it. Call them or email and they will get in touch with you.

Brenda K.
Apr 24, 2013

Donate for a cause is the company you can donate your timeshare to.

Brenda K.
Apr 25, 2013

brendak186 wrote:
Donate for a cause is the company you can donate your timeshare to.

And charge you a fee in the vicinity of $3000 AND they do not take ALL timeshares .... only ones they think they can resale .... they also give you bogus income tax information.

R P.
Apr 25, 2013

scally wrote:
A Redwish was intended to get an owner of a particular area or timeshare to rent it or sell, some people would rent or sell theirs if they knew it was being sought after by someone.

That's what Sell or Buy Your Timeshare is for.

R P.
Apr 25, 2013

Not if it is posted by a person seeking a timeshare

Tom S.
Apr 25, 2013

Yes but it made it easier to know what people were looking for

Peter M.
Apr 26, 2013

Yes Redweek does not have that option for people seeking a timeshare anymore. Red wish was for that option. They should bring that back. It made it easier for someone looking to rent their Timeshare

Peter M.
Apr 27, 2013

peter819 wrote:
Yes Redweek does not have that option for people seeking a timeshare anymore. Red wish was for that option. They should bring that back. It made it easier for someone looking to rent their Timeshare

One more time, anyone that's looking to rent a timeshare will look in "Sell or Rent Your Timeshare" above.

R P.
Apr 27, 2013

Yes and once more if your seeking someone to rent a specific timeshare you can contact them, or search search for them

Peter M.
May 15, 2013

I would love to start a class action law suit that alerts consumers, the media to the reality that people get frauded by these companies and their points are worthless if not immediately, in a couple of years. Not to mention unsuccessfully trying to book a week in the timeshare they originally imagined they purchased. If anyone wants to join me, please contact me at rda331963@gmail.com.

Roxy
May 16, 2013

This is getting stupid here jay, The wish list would entice an owner who wasn't placing their unit to rent or sell. The Redwish made people say "hey you know I see someone is looking for a unit where I own, I think I will see what he will offer me".

Tom S.
Aug 01, 2016

I purchased a timeshare in Cabo San Lucas, Mx about 4 yrs ago that I already paid off and maintenance fee dues every other year, as well as Travel club Jr. Suite at a different resort a year later. I didn't realize that for the travel club I am making a $250 a month payment and still would need to pay a "discounted " price to stay at my unit every year. These details were not mentioned to me at the time of course. Technically I have access to discounted rates around the world home resorts in Mexico but it is all just too much with the monthly loan payment, paying for the week or two, and the $160 yearly fee. I'm considering just stopping payment on everything as I feel I was totally lied to!!! I wanted to know if you ever received any threatening phone calls or letters when you decided to stop payments? I keep seeing some people say that yes, it can affect your credit...others saying it can't because timeshares never actually showed on a credit report to begin with and cannot be reported once there is negative activity. Any information and advice is greatly appreciated!

davidm655 wrote:
Well it has now been over several years since I have made any payments on my Westin Cancun timeshare and there has not been any negative consequences to me not paying my every other year hoa dues. Not sure if the Westin turned me over to a collections agency but my credit score has not gone down since not paying my dues. I tell you one thing, I'm thankful that I don't have to pay that $750 every other year now. Best decision I have ever made concerning timeshares, to stop making those hoa dues payments on that aweful Mexican Westin Timeshare!

Haydee P.
Nov 29, 2016

Did anyone get sent to collections from any one of these Mexican timeshare resorts. Did it affect your credit scores?

Agomez247
Nov 29, 2016

Did anyone get sent to collections from any one of these Mexican timeshare resorts. Did it affect your credit scores?

Agomez247
Dec 07, 2016

haydeep5 wrote:
I wanted to know if you ever received any threatening phone calls or letters when you decided to stop payments? I keep seeing some people say that yes, it can affect your credit...others saying it can't because timeshares never actually showed on a credit report to begin with and cannot be reported once there is negative activity. Any information and advice is greatly appreciated!

There is no universal "one size fits all" answer to this question. Entities may or may not hire and use collection agencies for delinquent accounts. Also, whether or not someone sustains a credit report "hit" after defaulting depends entirely upon whether or not the affected entity wants to make the effort to actually REPORT that default. Frankly, I can't imagine that many (if any) Mexican entities would even bother to report a default on a (nearly worthless anyhow) Mexican "right to use" contract, in which there is really no actual "ownership", but instead just basically a right-to-use "membership". They will most likely just shrug their shoulders and keep selling more RTU contracts to other lucky "winners".

One thing that you CAN be quite sure of however, is that if there was a loan involved in a U.S. timeshare and you subsequently default on that loan, you ABSOLUTELY will sustain a negative "hit" on your credit report and that "hit" will remain firmly in place for seven years.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 31, 2017 08:33 AM

Mar 04, 2017

Hello dear fellows,

I am in the same situation. I signed a villas every del palmar timeshare in Mexico. Tried to canceled it several times and they always say that there is no cancellation. The contract was subject of misrepresentation, fraud, duress and lack of capacity since they gave us plenty of alcohol to coerce us to sign this contract. I already sent certifies letters demanding cancellation. No response and I am still receive it letters from Resortcom (their agency collection to pay theirs fees). What is the legality to enforce a contract sign in Mexico and administered in U.S.? The contract says that the jurisdiction regarding the contract is Cancun. However, in the promissory note is stating that the jurisdiction is Nevada. Where do I need to sue them? Does U.S. law abide illegal contracts signed in another country be enforced here? How come????? How come they can enforce something that is illegal? I already checked my credit report and they did not report anything yet. However, I want to rescind or sue them for punitive damages. I already lost $4000 and I never got a chance to use the timeshare services. I need to reimbursed!!!!!! Where do I sue them???? They make us be confused to get stuck in their b@@&& timeshare!!

Clarissa K.
Mar 04, 2017

I

Clarissa K.

Last edited by clarissak4 on Mar 04, 2017 01:50 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.