Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

IA Vacations/ American Timeshare Closings

Oct 30, 2010

russ177 wrote:
The Atty General "Dept of Consumer Complaints" did nothing for us other than stamp the letters that went back and forth. Nothing more than leeches sucking the lifeblood of our economy. Even the BBB was pretty much useless. Arrants won't work on mickey mouse stuff, I guess. We ended up eating IA's crap and getting on with our lives.

That's because you went above and beyond who you should have contacted with your complaint in the first place. You need to send your complaint to the DA in the county the scammers are located and to the Attorney General in the state the scammers are located.

I sent in a complaint a couple of weeks ago to a state Attorney General involving an internet scam .... I received a letter yesterday from that state's AG stating that the owner of the website has been notified of my conplaint and the AG recommended the owner of the website contact me for a resolution, however after I threatened to send my complaint to every consumer advocacy agency in the USA, the website owner had already refunded the money.

You have to be pro-active, not a victim, NEVER GIVE UP IF YOU THINK YOU'VE BEEN SCAMMED.

BTW, the BBB only files complaints .... they don't actually do anything in getting your money refunded.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Oct 30, 2010 09:07 AM

Nov 15, 2010

Wow that was close, just bid on some timeshare points on E--- . the guy seemed much too anxious for his money so I though I'd do some extra research and found this site. Thank goodness I did , I think we just about lost $7,000 of our hard earned cash. Thanks for all your commments I think we'll back out of that sale and save ourselves some grief! I hate people like that! He told me that it is some old ladies timeshare [that she never used], I hope that there is not some older person out there being ripped off by these guys too. It just makes me sick to my stomach. Thanks again. Your friends in Canada

Janette R.
Nov 17, 2010

I'm glad this message board helped someone. We're still waiting for payment from IA Vacations 9 months later. I have filed complaints with BBB, Consumer Affairs, and the City of Sevierville licensing board. Now we will lodge a complaint about our experience with IA vacations/American Timeshare Closing with the state of Tn. (Dept. of Revenue) and see what happens with that? I will contact every consumer agency out there until we get a resolution.

Janet F.
Mar 18, 2011

They are also doing business as ALLTIME Vacations 2008 on ebay. I sent $1200 in December 2010 to IA VAcations for a Divi Village Aruba timeshare. I was so excited about the timeshare I dropped my guard and let them get away with the scam. I bought another timeshare for much less on ebay and the transaction was completed without issues. I think there are several other names they are performing scams under. They seem to be giving each other positive feedback and working the system to avoid negative feedback. John Tracey

John T.
Mar 19, 2011

We sold 2 weeks of Marriott in Phoenix AZ to ATC starting in February 2009 and still have not received our monies. I found online that the deeds were transferred & there are notarized forms (notarized in TN) with my husband & my signatures. They are not our signatures. We have never been to TN. I never signed any power of attorney. They don't return our calls or e-mails now. I found another website suggesting you contact the Sevierviell TN police @ 865-428-1899 which I will be doing shortly.

Janna A.
Mar 20, 2011

jannaa3 wrote:
We sold 2 weeks of Marriott in Phoenix AZ to ATC starting in February 2009 and still have not received our monies. I found online that the deeds were transferred & there are notarized forms (notarized in TN) with my husband & my signatures. They are not our signatures. We have never been to TN. I never signed any power of attorney. They don't return our calls or e-mails now. I found another website suggesting you contact the Sevierviell TN police @ 865-428-1899 which I will be doing shortly.

You also need to file a complaint with the Attorney General in the state the scammers are located .... in most cases you can do that online.

R P.
Mar 22, 2011

Well, we finally did get our money in December and the check cleared but it took a lot of work and almost a year to get paid. Don't give up. File a complaint with Consumer Affairs as they do follow up in writing to IA. It takes a lot of time and energy but keep after them. Don't let them get away with keeping your money or not paying you.

Janet F.
Apr 29, 2011

I actually know someone who works for this company. They difinitely are crooks. They hand out cash money to their employees. That's how they get them to be loyal to them and lie for them. They take their employees on trips to Vegas and other places and spend the money that they have stolen from the people on this board. And they laugh about doing it. They have no morals. They are very dangerous people. Avoid this company at all costs.

Mike F.
May 12, 2011

jayjay wrote:
jannaa3 wrote:

You also need to file a complaint with the Attorney General in the state the scammers are located .... in most cases you can do that online.

Charles W.
May 12, 2011

I hope you have contacted the police department. This company is now operating mainly under the name of Property Relief. The owner is listed as Robert Pickel, he is an employee of Stacey Gillispie. They are located in the same office in Sevierville. They work together to continue to scam people out of their hard earned money. You need to ask to speak to Detective Shanks at the Sevierville police department.

Charles W.
May 12, 2011

I spoke with an Ashley there recently in regards to my timeshare closing. They complained that my ebay complaint was hurting their business (scam) and ATC claimed that IA vacations did thousands of timeshare sales a year when I pressed on regarding their relationship and how closely they worked together. That is funny ridiculous that they are even able to purport they are independent of one another. Ashley asked for my date of birth and they claimed they had power of attorney of the people I am buying my timeshare from. Do they also claim they have mine? I am on the hook for $1300 and feel fortunate that I was able to go through the process with another company for another timeshare at the same place. I am following closely how this unfolds but DIvi has yet to receive the correct paperwork and have indicated they will not accept Power of Attorney for my transfer. They did not submit the correct paperwork and made up some story that they had a rogue closer and that all is better now. That was four months ago.

John T.
May 13, 2011

johnt729 wrote:
Ashley asked for my date of birth and they claimed they had power of attorney of the people I am buying my timeshare from. Do they also claim they have mine?

They can't have power of attorney if you have not signed for them to do so.

R P.
Nov 22, 2011

Hi johnt - i just won an eBay auction & they are under seller redweekforless. I haven't paid them yet but after reading all the problems I'm afraid to deal with them. How did u back out of the deal? Am I not obligated to pay them? Can i back out? Please help! They seemed very eager to receive payment from me when I spoke to them earlier....

Sharon C.
Nov 22, 2011

sharonc438 wrote:
Hi johnt - i just won an eBay auction & they are under seller redweekforless. I haven't paid them yet but after reading all the problems I'm afraid to deal with them. How did u back out of the deal? Am I not obligated to pay them? Can i back out? Please help! They seemed very eager to receive payment from me when I spoke to them earlier....

Ebay timeshare auctions are NOT binding .... you can easily back out with no repercussions .... just tell them you've changed your mind.

R P.
Jul 04, 2012

They are selling under another names and there feedback does not show that they are a scam because they are buing and selling from each other and leaving feedback. I had my reservation canceled after traveling to get to the location.

Aimee Z.
Jul 04, 2012

Hi Folks, I did end up with my timeshare but it took far to long with this crew to complete. Mine was very low value ($1100). They do things that are far from acceptable for my taste. Because of the jerking around over about eight months to close they did finally get me my timeshare without having to have any notarized documents completed. You figure that one out, since the other two DIvi Timeshares I purchased from folks losing their timeshares required these docs notarized. I have to believe these forums, ebay, and my following their timeshares and bidding on them and then backing out, they took care of me. They told me I lost them a lot of business and that they were legitimate. Legit maybe, good and recommended no. John

John T.
Feb 26, 2013

I am on my way home. I flew out there to recover my money in person. I have lots of info to share with all of you. As soon as I get to my computer later I will get info up. Quite a operation these scam artists have going on. I have to go back since I'm filing a small claims suit for my travel expenses to go get my money. By the way, they tried to write a bad check. They must have thought I was gonna fly back across country without cashing it first? I think not!

Tacoma Rick
Feb 27, 2013

I'm honestly surprised that more people don't face the scammers in person and confront them.

R P.
Feb 27, 2013

Great story about someone who faced the scammers and won. I can't wait to hear the whole story.

Don P.
Feb 27, 2013

I am typing up a narritive. This could get long. And I might note I am ready to go back and hammer these guys and try and help others collect. After meeting these punks (look all to be in there 20's) and there smug attitudes, I am ready to roll again! I should have taken a picture of her face when she saw me as she tried to act like she had no idea to I was.

Tacoma Rick

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.