Timeshare Companies

Does Donate For A Cause Really Care About Helping Charities Or Just Making Profits?

Dec 30, 2016

danaw63 wrote:
If anyone is interested in donating a week for our auction it would be greatly appreciated!

Do you mean a week for use that an owner would usually rent out, or do you mean donating outright possession and ownership of it?

Lance C.
Jan 04, 2017

billi48 wrote:
I have a Timeshare with Bluegreen Vacations by Bass Proshops. The cost was about 18,000 and it is full paid for. There are no maintenance fees due. I don't really care about recouping my money because I know that is probably not going to happen. What I want to know is if DFC really does guarantee getting rid of your Timeshare?

You should probably be aware that James Tarpey (the principal player in "Donate for a Cause") is currently a little busy with the U.S. Department of Justice --- and may be busy with the IRS thereafter. Also, you'd have to first pay DFAC as much as several thousand dollars for them to take your timeshare anyhow --- if they weren't already quite busy with "other matters" right now.

In short, you might want to look for some other different avenue for the disposal of your unwanted timeshare. You could, for example, try to give it away on the "Bargain Deals" section of the Timeshare Users Group (see http://www.tug2.net). Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 04, 2017 04:16 PM

Jan 05, 2017

If someone is feeling charitable why not give your timeshare to someone less fortunate who would love the opportunity to stay in a nice timeshare unit for one week a year. You could visit the area of your resort and find someone who is down and out and ask them if they would like to own a nice week in the resort. Offer to pay the expenses to transfer the title to him or her. Go one step further and even pay for the next years maintenance fees so they can enjoy the first week on you.

Once the title is transferred he or she will have the responsibility of paying all future fees. It's not your problem anymore.

If the resort refuses to take the property back then sometimes you have to be creative. This is just a hypothetical situation but it's food for thought. Most people were lied to and deceived by the sales staff when they were sold their timeshares. Maintenance fees and assessments have skyrocketed well above inflation. The ability to book a stay has been reduced by corporate greed by denying the prime weeks and locations only to be sold on the open market for profit.

I'm not advocating that anyone do anything illegal but using the system to unload a burden that corporate greed has created can be countered by creative thinking.

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.