Ask RedWeek

NEED TO RETURN TIMESHARE

Aug 02, 2013

If you explain to them that they might not be getting maintenance fees and it could cost them a lot of money to go through trhe courts just to end up with the property back it might be in their best interest to just take it back and find someone else to pay the fees.

Don P.
Nov 02, 2013

Does anyone know about this;

THE PURPOSE OF THIS LETTER IS NOT TO COLLECT ANY MONETARY OBLIGATION OWED.

The purpose of this email today is to inform you that your Grandview Property is now going in to foreclosure. If you do not wish to keep your timeshare you do not have to let it go in to foreclosure as it will only affect your credit. I can offer you my help by providing you with a Quit Claim Deed (also referred to as the Grant, Bargain, Sales Deed) which upon executing will release you of all obligations you signed up for at the time of purchase, and will release you of ownership of the property as well. This will all come at no cost and will greatly benefit you, If you feel this option is for you or you simply would like to obtain more details about this option please contact me toll free at (702) 212-9802 ext.2075. Also keep in mind that at the moment this option is free, however if this matter goes unattended account will go in to foreclosure which will begin to hurt your credit and a fee will be applied in order to pull from foreclosure if at that time you would like to still execute the Quit Claim Deed. I hope that with this option I am able to help you finally resolve this matter, thank you for your time and have a great day. RETURN ADDRESS: Eldorado Resorts Corp. 2150 W. Jo Rae Ave Las Vegas, NV 89183 <<73730.pdf>> Sincerely, Oscar M. Villa Administrative Assistant Eldorado Resorts Corp. 2150 W Jo Rae Avenue Las Vegas, NV 89183 Telephone: (702)212-9802 ext. 2075 Facsimile: (702)212-9653 Email:ovilla@theberkleygroupinc.com

Larryhabs F.
Nov 02, 2013

My timeshare refused to take the deed back. It is often the case that a timeshare will not take a deed back. I then tried selling my timeshare with a timeshare broker. That was a miserable experience as the broker kept sending me potential buyers who disappeared. Finally I found an attorney who specializes in timeshares and she successfully got it deeded back to me, in a month. They do respond to attorneys. Now, I will tell all of you Don will attempt to convince you my attorney is a scam. I have no idea what his basis is for believing his assertion. He does not know the name of my attorney, and has never been represented by my attorney. There are scams in this industry, plenty of them. I am happy to have found an attorney who has successfully gotten many people of of timeshares, and am happy to pass along her name to anyone who is in the same position I was in.

John B.

Last edited by johnb2353 on Nov 02, 2013 11:47 AM

Nov 02, 2013

larryhabsf: It sounds as though they think you are behind in paying your MF's and are offering you a deed in lieu of foreclosure.

Tracey S.
Nov 03, 2013

johnb2353 wrote:
My timeshare refused to take the deed back. It is often the case that a timeshare will not take a deed back. I then tried selling my timeshare with a timeshare broker. That was a miserable experience as the broker kept sending me potential buyers who disappeared. Finally I found an attorney who specializes in timeshares and she successfully got it deeded back to me, in a month. They do respond to attorneys. Now, I will tell all of you Don will attempt to convince you my attorney is a scam. I have no idea what his basis is for believing his assertion. He does not know the name of my attorney, and has never been represented by my attorney. There are scams in this industry, plenty of them. I am happy to have found an attorney who has successfully gotten many people of of timeshares, and am happy to pass along her name to anyone who is in the same position I was in.

Below is what I wrote under another of your posts concerning your socalled attorney ..... if that attorney did get you out of the contract it was because it was the Manhattan Club in NYC ..... low in supply and high in demand .... they could easily turn around and sell it to someone else .... that's not the case with the vast majority of timeshares out there.

"You evidently owned a floating week and not a fixed week. With floating weeks (especially for timeshares that are in popular locations such as NYC) you have to make your reservations up to a year in advance in most cases. Owning such a floating week in such a popular location is not for the last minute vacation planner. IF (and I say IF) an attorney took your case and was successful in getting you out of your contract then the Manhatta Club evidently had someone waiting in the wings they could sell it to. NYC is a very expensive city for rental accomodations".

R P.
Nov 03, 2013

larryhabsf wrote:
Does anyone know about this;

THE PURPOSE OF THIS LETTER IS NOT TO COLLECT ANY MONETARY OBLIGATION OWED.

The purpose of this email today is to inform you that your Grandview Property is now going in to foreclosure. If you do not wish to keep your timeshare you do not have to let it go in to foreclosure as it will only affect your credit. I can offer you my help by providing you with a Quit Claim Deed (also referred to as the Grant, Bargain, Sales Deed) which upon executing will release you of all obligations you signed up for at the time of purchase, and will release you of ownership of the property as well. This will all come at no cost and will greatly benefit you, If you feel this option is for you or you simply would like to obtain more details about this option please contact me toll free at (702) 212-9802 ext.2075. Also keep in mind that at the moment this option is free, however if this matter goes unattended account will go in to foreclosure which will begin to hurt your credit and a fee will be applied in order to pull from foreclosure if at that time you would like to still execute the Quit Claim Deed. I hope that with this option I am able to help you finally resolve this matter, thank you for your time and have a great day. RETURN ADDRESS: Eldorado Resorts Corp. 2150 W. Jo Rae Ave Las Vegas, NV 89183 <<73730.pdf>> Sincerely, Oscar M. Villa Administrative Assistant Eldorado Resorts Corp. 2150 W Jo Rae Avenue Las Vegas, NV 89183 Telephone: (702)212-9802 ext. 2075 Facsimile: (702)212-9653 Email:ovilla@theberkleygroupinc.com

This looks to be legit, but try callng the telephone # just to verify. If they will take it back via a 'quit claim' deed then it's a win-win situation for you.

R P.
Nov 03, 2013

it's nearly impossible even to GIVE your share back to the (my opinion) MEGA SCAMMERS at THE MANHATTAN CLUB, NYC. they have you by your proverbial jewels, both diamonds and otherwise. as long as they're collecting the exorbitant maintenance fees that they charge, why buy your share back? someone here mentioned using a good and knowledgeable attorney.....the MCNYC seems to have the best attorneys available anywhere; SO WHERE DOES ONE GO FROM THERE?

Chris V.
Nov 04, 2013

chrisv126 wrote:
it's nearly impossible even to GIVE your share back to the (my opinion) MEGA SCAMMERS at THE MANHATTAN CLUB, NYC. they have you by your proverbial jewels, both diamonds and otherwise. as long as they're collecting the exorbitant maintenance fees that they charge, why buy your share back? someone here mentioned using a good and knowledgeable attorney.....the MCNYC seems to have the best attorneys available anywhere; SO WHERE DOES ONE GO FROM THERE?

This is exactly one of the reasons that I can call Johnb2353 a SCAMMER. He's trying to direct victims away from the forum to his email and isolate them so he can covince them that only " his " phony attorney can help them for an " upfront fee ". After they pay the fee they will keep stalling claiming they are working on the case until eventually they will disappear with their money. It's a SCAM !!!

He also calims it works for all timeshares not just the Manhattan Club and everyone that comes in here regularly knows that's a SCAM .

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Nov 04, 2013 08:05 AM

Nov 04, 2013

this may not be the correct space, however, every one ius aware of French Quarter & Spinamker in B ranson, Bldg no. 8 was never paid and Bldg no;. 9 was never build. I suspect the court attorneys over a 3 year period had their 2 or 3 million & after my contirbution of $10,000, received settmenent of $1,200. Many complaints to Kris Koster Mo. att. general.. note sold a westgate unit for $500, and westgate attempted to purchase it back without any success. Now, I am amazed at the number of attorneys that are calling me and also the timeshare fourms that I am receiving calls on in central and western kansas. The message is that their is no way that the owner can get rid of their unit and for 2 or 3 thoug. $ they will help you. New scams seem to appear every day

Robert S.
Nov 05, 2013

in order to get any form of relief from the hideous and outrageous treatment of timeshare scammers...sellers, agents, managements... the various STATE ATTORNEYS GENERAL must be made aware of the fraud and scam operations of many timeshare operators, and they must act in behalf of the victims of these scams and fraudulent operators and operations. LET'S FACE IT: THE ATTORNEYS GENERAL APPEAR NOT TO BE DOING THEIR JOBS, AND THEY MUST TAKE THE BULL BY THE HORNS AND DO SOME INVESTIGATIONS AND ESTABLISH SOME REGULATORY OPERATIVES FOR THE TIMESHARE PRINCIPALS.

Chris V.
Nov 05, 2013

What Don does not know, or does not want to acknowledge, is that my attorney successfully got me out of my timeshare at The Manhattan Club, and has done so for others, and will continue to do so for others. I will be happy to share my attorney's contact information with anyone who wants it: jockwood@hotmail.com. People who have used my attorney are very gratified with the results. The Manhattan Club is enormously difficult to work with. Just look at the forum here on The Manhattan Club lawsuit.

John B.
Nov 06, 2013

NEVER pay anyone money upfront to try to get you out of your timeshare. There are many phony attorney and paralegal scams going on out there.

Don P.
Nov 06, 2013

My attorney is legal, legitimate, professional and provides excellent service. jockwood@hotmail.com

John B.
Nov 06, 2013

SCAM !!!!!!!!!!

Don P.
Nov 06, 2013

Don is down to one word messages.

Why? He's trying to discredit a legitimate, licensed attorney who has now helped more than a dozen timeshare owners.

John B.
Nov 06, 2013

Chris,

It's simple. With the Manhattan Club you need a very sharp attorney because they are a shady operation. I'd be happy to refer you to one. E-mail me at jockwood@hotmail.com Don, be quiet.

John B.
Nov 06, 2013

Chris,

Forget the NYS Attorney General's office. I filed a complaint with them and got a form letter back stating they would not be taking action against The Manhattan Club. The fact that I got a form letter suggests many letters went out to many frustrated owners. My opinion of the NYS Attorney General's Office: Lazy, useless and maybe bribed.

John B.
Nov 07, 2013

Johnb2353 is pushing his phony attorney scam in threads throughout the forum. He doesn't want you to use other sources but he wants your " upfront money ".

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Nov 07, 2013 11:12 AM

Nov 07, 2013

For the record DON, I get NO upfront money in this deal. But I get thanked after people are successfully helped.

John B.
Nov 07, 2013

It's a SCAM !!! He's in here constantly pushing his scam. He claims to be just a satisfied customer yet he's in here all the time to plug his scam. They claim to be an attorney but it's just a scam to get " up front " money. No attorney can get you out of your contract. You can ask your home resort to take it back through a " deed back " without the help of an attorney. If the resort refuses than no attorney can force them to take it back.

The reason he won't tell you the name of the attorney is because we can expose him.

These new phony attorney and paralegal scams are infecting the industry now.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Nov 07, 2013 12:07 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.