Ask RedWeek

NEED TO RETURN TIMESHARE

May 12, 2015

NEVER pay anyone money upfront who claims they can cancel your contract. Scammers come in these forums all the time claiming they know someone who used a company. Don't believe a word they say. All they want is to scam you out of your money. The shills are trolling the internet for new victims like the poster above.

Don P.
May 13, 2015

Yes i would like to see if they can help me,

thanks,

Ron T.
May 13, 2015

Help you do what? And who are "they"?

Lance C.
May 13, 2015

They will help themselves to your money. It's just another SCAM !!! Lance they just won't learn until they lose more of their hard earned money.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on May 13, 2015 06:58 PM

Jun 08, 2015

Hi Micheller,

I'm curious as to what happened with the WDIL? How much did you owe them? I recently bought a timeshare from them and I've realize what a big mistake I've done... I want to get out of it but they said there is no way I can. I feel like I signed my soul to the devil.

Paj L.
Jun 11, 2015

I am a Manhattan Club timeshare owner. As such, I own nothing but debt and ongoing "maintenance" fees which do not correlate with this property. Eichner's assertion that he "has lost tens of millions of dollars" in sales since the AG's filing of an injunction in 2014 is testament to the unbelievable degree of fraud we are victims of. Our timeshares have already been oversold 3x-4x and are continuing to be sold as "hotel stays" every day on Orbit, Travelocity, etc. while we cannot get reservations for ourselves! Eichner's admission that he intended to take in "tens of millions of dollars" more in sales further substantiates his scheme to continue to re-sell our ownerships beyond their usefulness, the unit shares having been sold out long ago.

Charles M.
Jul 17, 2015

Hello, I'm looking for advice from someone who has being through the same situation I'm currently facing or has knowledge on how to proceed. I have a Westgate Timeshare in Florida with a float week. I stopped paying a year ago, but have already paid more than $6,000 plus yearly fees. I still owe $7,000 including interests, last week I received a Warranty Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure from Westgate and was asked to pay them $1,000 as a processing fee. A letter was included with the Deed, the letter states that I need to pay them a fee of $1,000 and signed the Deed and after that they would release me from my obligations and all further liability, AND that my account would be closed and negative reporting will be withheld from the applicable credit agency. >>The QUESTION here is, that after reading the WDIL (Deed) it does NOT include a statement that mentions what I stated previously (that I will be released from obligations and liability as well as negative reporting). >>The second question is that, I read that Westgate is not a legal firm YET are requesting $1,000 to prepare legal papers themselves, this is not really legal. >>I called and told me that if I don't pay this $1,000 then they will send me to foreclosure. ---With these questions, how should I proceed? I'm worried if I pay them the $1,000 and sign the Deed, they will come back later to hunt me or report it on my credit since the actual LEGAL Deed does not specify that I'm free of obligations.

I would appreciate ANY HELP!! Thank you!!!!

P.S. When I signed the property I was 23, in Vegas, they offered us alcohol, offered something that was never promised, and during the 4 years I have "owned" the timeshare I was never able to book ANY vacation because they said they were already booked (trying to book with 9-6 months prior). Westgate is a TOTAL SCAM!!!!

Carol M.
Jul 17, 2015

It might be worth your time to consult a real estate attorney to look over the offer. It might be worth a few dollars to confirm that you can walk way from your contract for only $ 1,000. Most people would jump at that opportunity if it's legit.

Don P.
Dec 09, 2015

What did you end up doing? I have one with the Grandview & El Dorado Resorts and want to get out of it.

Laurie S.
Dec 10, 2015

It is best to use an attorney who knows the legal ramifications of timeshares. The resorts can place a lien or judgement against you. It doesn't matter if they send you documents or not. I've seen it happen many times before. WWTC/Emery Law will guarantee exit and they will go after any monies paid into the resorts. It doesn't matter if you owe on them or they're paid off they will get you relieved of all obligations legally and help protect your credit. They offer free consultations.

Luna S.

Last edited by phyl21 on Dec 10, 2015 04:35 PM

Dec 11, 2015

Attorney and paralegals are a SCAM !! They claim they can get you out of your timeshare for a large upfront fee but all they want is you fee and then the excuses come one after another. They may even claim that they need additional " fees " . It's all a SCAM to get your money. There are competent attorneys where you live if you need to consult one. The scammers come into the forums trolling for victims with their scam attorney to lure you with a promise from a shill they created. Anyone can create a website and phony credentials. All you know about them is what they tell you. No attorney can guarantee to get you out of you contract and if they claim that they can they should be reported to the bar association for discipline. Don't fall for this SCAM !!!

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Dec 11, 2015 07:34 AM

Dec 11, 2015

I returned my timeshare. I had contacted an attorney who claimed (on the phone) to have a 100% success rate (but declined to guarantee success in writing). He offered to return my timeshare for $3,000. I decided to try to work it out myself. I wrote the timeshare management company, explained why I could not use it, and offered $1600 (owing around $800 in fees). The HOA was supposed to consider it at their next Board meeting, but the rep went on maternity leave. They changed hands and lost my offer (a few times). I asked how to contact the President of the new company. Someone got back to me the next day, and after awhile they countered with around $2000. You may need to have an attorney review the document to be sure everything is binding. (There are some attorneys who will do a consultation for a reasonable fee, and it is worth it to be sure everything is covered.) They left out a couple of points that had to be added.

Katherine H.
Dec 12, 2015

The so called attorneys that troll the forums are SCAMS ! Like Katherine stated you can negotiate your own deed back with your resort. These scammers want your upfront money and that's their scam. There are plenty of competent attorneys where you live and you can actually walk into their offices and meet with them. Anyone can set up a phony website and claim to be anyone on the internet. Don't fall for their SCAM. If you deal directly with the resort you can sleep at night knowing you didn't get scammed.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Dec 12, 2015 07:13 AM

Mar 11, 2016

Hello

I also have a timeshare at Carriage Hills and due to financial difficulties now need to "give it back". Have you had any luck with returning your timeshare?

ront35 wrote:
hello i have a carriage hills resort time share and i really wont to give it back as i have retired and don't use it now, i would like to see if your attorney can help me my timeshare is in toronto canada,

thanks for your help.

Sabina O.
Mar 11, 2016

Has anyone heard of US Consumer Attorneys or dealt with them? They say they put the money in a trust and after the timeshare is returned to the resort then they get their fee.

Sabina O.
Mar 12, 2016

Sounds like a SCAM to me. NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your timeshare .

Don P.
Mar 20, 2016

Clay Long is a SCAM !!!! He's just trying to get your upfront money. I reported him to Redweek for soliciting in the forum. Take a hike bottom feeder !! Looks like he left the scam company he worked for to start his own scam. I'm forwarding his post to the Attorney General in his state for them to investigate his scam .

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Mar 20, 2016 03:47 PM

Mar 20, 2016

Lol am I a scam? That's funny because I just created an account today. I'm offering to help people. You can call all the people around the USA that we have helped. I'm not here to get into a pissing match with who ever you are. I know where we do and what we are capable of. We travel the country 4 days a week and home 3 days. We help people. Does it cost money yup. Do we have a guarantee ? Yes, 100% guarantee or money back. Do we have our own law firm that handles it? Yes we do. Do we have our state papers and an A rating on the BBB yes we do. So say what you wish. Sounds like you just are on a power trip on these forums like what you say is the law and everyone should listen to you. But anyways. Like I said if anyone wants help. Your welcome to contact. We have all the legal docs and everything you need to see. But being that there are a million scams out there go ahead and do your research or pay more fees or be miserable with timeshares.

Clayton G.

Last edited by phyl21 on Mar 20, 2016 06:10 PM

Mar 20, 2016

Your more then welcome to report to the attorney general, we are legit and we are sincere when we help people. If I have broken the rules by posting on the forum that's something I am not aware of. But as far as what we are doing being a scam? Not 1 thing about it is. So report away. Let me know what all I do your would like about our company so you can get the ball rolling faster with your investigation

Clayton G.
Mar 20, 2016

Here you are again, everything is a scam ehh? Do you just post it's a scam on everyone's comments? Sounds like you have some grudge held. Tell me what proof you would like about my company so I can make your head spin with facts, numbers and happy customers. Everyone thinks it's impossible to get out of timeshares. It's not. Its who you know what you know, and executing. We get it done period end of story. I got on here to help people because it seems there are thousands of people pleading for help. We just got someone out of a Manhattan club ownership and they told me all about their nightmares so I looked it up and it lead me to all the complaints at red week.com . Am I using this for a busniess angle and for profitability ? Absolutely ! Nothing in this WOLRD is free. We make money and we make lots of it because we get the job done and make the problem go away. If someone is gonna pay 15-20grand in maintenance fees, or as we call it a debt that will never be paid to 0. If we can make the problem go away for 5-9 grand closes to the 5 9/10 times after attorney fees ect then we call that a good deal. Pay 20 grand get nothing , probably not even the time slot you own with a 3-5% increase a year in fees or pay 5 grand with a 100% money back guarantee.. All are state and federal docs to prove we are legit and all the papers and facts your would need to send us to prison if we were this so called "scam" you say. I call that a good deal. And we do a lot of busniess , and when I say a lot I mean more then the timeshare companies. For every 1 they are signing up we are getting 3 out of their contracts. They despise us. The threaten us. And we win :)

Clayton G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.