Timeshare Companies

Property Donation Group

May 04, 2012

jeffreyr98 wrote:
J J - Glad to see you are an expert on waterfowl, but you do not know what you are talking about regarding this situation.

J Ross

I KNOW a shill when I see one ..... you defend this scam far too much to be JUST a customer ..... it's obvious that you're a shill for this socalled charity.

R P.
May 04, 2012

J J, the first defense of a small mind - name calling. All I did was, sadly, relay my experience, and for that I am apparently an open target for your ignorant attack. I have one bit of advice for you - Anger management.

Based on our recent exchange here, I am clear on which one of us has a character issue, and I am quite comfortable to say it is not I.

Good luck to you. If your desire is for me to go away, then you will get your wish. I have no desire to lower myself to your level any longer.

J Ross

Jeffrey R.

Last edited by jeffreyr98 on May 04, 2012 10:19 AM

May 05, 2012

jeffreyr98 wrote:
J J, the first defense of a small mind - name calling. All I did was, sadly, relay my experience, and for that I am apparently an open target for your ignorant attack. I have one bit of advice for you - Anger management.

Based on our recent exchange here, I am clear on which one of us has a character issue, and I am quite comfortable to say it is not I.

Good luck to you. If your desire is for me to go away, then you will get your wish. I have no desire to lower myself to your level any longer.

J Ross

BLAH BLAH BLAH

R P.
Feb 20, 2013

I have paid the Property Donation Group to dispose of my timeshare. I would not recommend them to anyone. It's been over 9 months and they keep giving me excuses. They don't respond to calls or emails. It's very hard to get any feedback. I'm praying that my timeshare gets transferred but I would not recommend these guys to anyone.

It looks like they've read this blog in the past. I hope they see my name below and do some. I'm going to post on any website I can against these guys. They are very unprofessional.

Bernie Wood

Bernie W.
Nov 30, 2013

Why not go with Defeatdiabetes.org

No charge for donation of timeshare

timeshares@defeatdiabetes.org

Talk to Andy Mandell

Douglas E
Nov 30, 2013

pedro0390841 wrote:
Why not go with Defeatdiabetes.org

No charge for donation of timeshare.

Well I hope this is a good cause. But if it is one, I can't see how any fiscally responsible charity would accept any timeshare willy-nilly for free. The charity is going to have to use its funds to pay maintenance fees for a unit that quite possibly rents out for less than the maintenance fees.

Usually in cases like this, there's an ulterior, sinister plan.

Lance C.
Nov 30, 2013

The second the demand a " fee " run the other way. NEVER pay anyone money upfront to rent, sell or donate your timeshare.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Nov 30, 2013 11:19 AM

Dec 01, 2013

no sinister plan

they will tell you right away if they accept the donation.

no hidden agenda

Douglas E
Dec 01, 2013

I will guarantee they will ask for an upfront fee. As soon as they want money run as fast as you can. NEVER pay anyone money upfront to doante your timeshare. If they ask for money they are a SCAM !!!

Don P.
Dec 02, 2013

No Upfront Fee

If your hesitant, why don't you call and ask for yourself. Its easy to state all companies are scams and everyone is out to take your money.. How about doing some old fashioned homework, find out more about the organization

May surprise you, may find its a great organization that actually helps lots of individuals

Its choice right

Douglas E
Dec 02, 2013

pedro0390841 wrote:
they will tell you right away if they accept the donation.

OK. So now you're being more specific (and confirming my point). This charity will only accept some units. Your first post made it seem like this charity will accept any unit regardless of value.

Likely this charity will only accept units that have some resale value. But if a unit has little or no resale value, like the majority of units out there, then this charity will either not accept it or will charge a hefty fee for doing so.

The message that most here on RedWeek try to get out to inquirers is you do not have to pay anyone (charities included) a large, upfront fee to get rid of a timeshare. There are other cheaper avenues owners can use to get rid of a timeshare.

If someone want to help out this diabetes charity, then cash or check will work out just fine. You can even get a tax receipt for that.

Lance C.
Dec 03, 2013

Correct!

I would like to say that they can accept any timeshare but that's simply not true.. They will politely turn down the unit if its one that cannot be moved. In some instances the timeshare owner will donate the annual week they have and the rental will go to charity. Yes, anyone can donate directly to this charity..

Under no circumstances do they ever charge a fee.. They either accept or turn down the timeshare.

Douglas E
Dec 03, 2013

Here is what shocks me

So many charities mass advertise via the internet timeshare donations and charge underlying fees..

Wish more timeshare owners that want to donate, could connect with charities like DD. Great charities are often hard to find simply because their donations go to make a difference in peoples lives rather than advertising campaigns

Happy Holidays

Douglas E
Dec 03, 2013

pedro0390841 wrote:
I would like to say that they can accept any timeshare but that's simply not true.. They will politely turn down the unit if its one that cannot be moved. Under no circumstances do they ever charge a fee.. They either accept or turn down the timeshare.

Well thanks for clarifying. Your original post made it sound like DD will take ANY unit no charge.

Lance C.
Dec 04, 2013

welcome

Douglas E
Sep 29, 2015

They took my $1000 in 2012, nothing got done. The lesson I learned is that never pay upfront fee of more than $100-150.

Tinglei G.

Last edited by tingleig on Sep 29, 2015 06:49 AM

Sep 29, 2015

NEVER pay ANY upfront fee period !!

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.