General Discussion

Groupwise inc, anyone here heard of them ?

Aug 27, 2012

royvb wrote:
It's a mixed bag about them out there. See:

Quote: Originally Posted by FreeIn2010 Their phone number is 724-347-1061... email addresses for the reps i dealt with are Becky@timesharetitle.com and Brenda@timesharetitle.com. Physical address from the letter sent with the closing documents is 30 East State Street, Sharon, PA 16146. I mailed signed documents to the PO box address.

Website is www.timesharetitle.com after you are assigned a file # you can track the status online.

A legit company from my experience. ============= I very much appreciate your making the effort to provide these additional facts and details. Since I'd never before even heard of this outfit, I didn't want my less experienced (and less cautious) younger brother to be led down the proverbial primrose path if he proceeds with his transaction.

Thanks again for your kind and considerate efforts. Much appreciated.

Where did that out of the blue quote come from? Again, all I know is what I read here .... I guess all of those people that were scammed outright lied:

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=+groupwise+inc+scam&oq=+groupwise+inc+scam&gs_l=serp.3..0i30i19.20652.30840.1.32018.52.28.3.4.5.9.178.3204.4j23.28.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.oaInxGERAJc&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=e5b62c1737d9666f&biw=1440&bih=787

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Aug 27, 2012 08:13 AM

Aug 27, 2012

http://www.bbb.org/pittsburgh/business-reviews/timeshare-companies/groupwise-inc-in-hermitage-pa-4000347

Not everybody who posts lied - or got scammed. Some folks expect one thing and honestly hear another. Or, as sometimes happens for various reasons, the info they provide the company to verify their ownership cannot be verified so the deal does not go thru. You do not get these kinds of better Business Bureau ratings, however, if there is a preponderance of complaints. Good Luck.

Roy V.
Aug 28, 2012

royvb wrote:
Not everybody who posts lied - or got scammed. Some folks expect one thing and honestly hear another.

Do what? "Some folks expect one thing and honestly hear another"? This is hogwash personified .... folks hear what they hear, period.

R P.
Oct 14, 2012

So let's just cut to the chase. Has anyone HAD success with this company? Yes or No? Can't we be civil?

John V.
Oct 14, 2012

Sure we can. I am satisfied. Paperwork is still processing, but the Club affirms they have been contacted and that they provided Groupwise with assurance of my week being in good standing. Groupwise says this is a busy time of year and one staffer is out on extended leave, so they're a bit behind but will have the transfer paperwork to me for ignature Ina week or so. I not unhappy ith how this is going, although I old have preferred owner. I will update this posting when it comes.

Roy V.
Oct 15, 2012

royvb wrote:
Sure we can. I am satisfied. Paperwork is still processing, but the Club affirms they have been contacted and that they provided Groupwise with assurance of my week being in good standing. Groupwise says this is a busy time of year and one staffer is out on extended leave, so they're a bit behind but will have the transfer paperwork to me for ignature Ina week or so. I not unhappy ith how this is going, although I old have preferred owner. I will update this posting when it comes.

Don't hold your breath.

R P.
Oct 16, 2012

we heard from you before. give it a rest.

Roy V.
Oct 25, 2012

royvb wrote:
we heard from you before. give it a rest.

Thank you for your reply and the advice you gave jayjay. Please let us know how it turns out.

John V.
Nov 11, 2012

Groupwise inc. and Timeshare Title, Inc. are owned by the SAME owner. That means same crooks approaching you with different names.

royvb wrote:
It's a mixed bag about them out there. See:

Quote: Originally Posted by FreeIn2010 Their phone number is 724-347-1061... email addresses for the reps i dealt with are Becky@timesharetitle.com and Brenda@timesharetitle.com. Physical address from the letter sent with the closing documents is 30 East State Street, Sharon, PA 16146. I mailed signed documents to the PO box address.

Website is www.timesharetitle.com after you are assigned a file # you can track the status online.

A legit company from my experience. ============= I very much appreciate your making the effort to provide these additional facts and details. Since I'd never before even heard of this outfit, I didn't want my less experienced (and less cautious) younger brother to be led down the proverbial primrose path if he proceeds with his transaction.

Thanks again for your kind and considerate efforts. Much appreciated.

Nazmul K.
Dec 12, 2012

My name is Ira Whitney. I am a proud IT consultant at GroupWise Inc. I have doubled working in the call center as well as a transfer agent. When I first started here, they were using excel spreadsheets to manage all of the clients. My job was to design a database driven application which i did. I am still here and plan to be here quite a while. I believe in what they do and how it's done. I would not work for a scamming company just plain and simple. When a client agrees to do business with GroupWise, an agreement is signed where Groupwise takes over full responsibility of any future maintenance fees as well as any special assessment fees plain and simple. If there are any special circumstances, it is outlined on the agreement in writing. If anyone has concerns or questions please feel free to email me. My personal email address is ira@thegospelroundup.org . The clients I have worked with were very satisfied with the service. I have worked with clients paying anything from 300.00 a year to 7500.00 a year in fees. Yes, a Wyndham platinum member is quite high. I about fell over when I heard what they were paying. They were quite happy to start sticking that 7500 in their pocket

Ira W.
Dec 12, 2012

Scam alert !!!!!!!!

Don P.
Dec 12, 2012

Via perusing their website it looks like Groupwise.inc is just another Viking Ship entity that say they'll take a deed for a whopping fee, then wait 3 years for it to go into foreclosure all the while not paying maintenance fees leaving other owners to take up the slack, however resorts are catching on to this scam bigtime.

Also, many of these type Viking Ship entities don't bother to transfer ownership leaving the owner still responsible for all future fees.

Whitney, you seem to be an intelligent, articulate person ..... why you would want to work for a scam company like this is beyond me with your socalled skills as an IT.

As donp said, it's quite evident you're a shill.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Dec 12, 2012 12:32 PM

Dec 13, 2012

Whitney - there will always be cynics like JayJay. Not sure what his particular gripe may be, or where he gets his "Viking Ship" idea from. Ignore them. Your company, in my personal experience, does good work, and I am another satisfied customer.

Roy V.
Dec 13, 2012

I agree with Jayjay. Groupwise is a scam company. Royvb has posted that his paperwork has not gone through yet so how can he be a " satisfied customer " ? He sounds like a shill for the company. This is how the scammers work. First they post a testimonial from a person claiming the company is doing an honest business. Then the shill comes in claiming to be a " satisfied customer ". Like I said how can he be satisfied when he states he hasn't seen the results yet. Don't be the next victim. Avoid this scam.

Don P.
Dec 14, 2012

Everyone is allowed their opinion and I respect that. I just know what's true. I spent 2 months earlier this year gathering testimonials from past clients who have went through the entire process. They received their documents proving that their name is no longer on the deeds, and that they are very satisfied with the service. Every client gets proof that their name is off of the deed. Both from their county court house and the resort, as well.

Ira W.
Dec 14, 2012

I got my paperwork from the Developer and from Groupwise acknowledging the transfer yesterday, so I am not a scammer. Also, I was an assistant chief accountant at the SEC for 16 years, so I recognize a scam when I see one, and this is not. Can't speak for where JayJay and other naysayers are coming from, but it's a free country and we still enjoy free speech. Doesn't change the fact that Groupwise is totally legit.

Roy V.
Dec 14, 2012

royvb is right about free speech. I have the right to advise people that this is probably a scam operation. I have the right to let people know that they are putting their hard earned money at risk of disappeaering and still being stuck with their obligation to pay maitenance fees. I have the right to let them know if it is a viking ship operation that the other owners will be stuck paying higher maintenance fees because of the unconscienable practices of a greedy band of thieves that could care less. I got rid of two timeshares last year without using a questionable company. There are other ways to rid yourself of an unwanted timeshare and still be able to sleep at night.

I believe everyone should make their own decission based on information available. That is what these forums are for. Just consider the motives of the people posting in here. I have nothing to gain by advising people to be extremely cautious. Ask yourself what are the motives of the people trying to steer you to this company.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Dec 14, 2012 04:21 PM

Dec 15, 2012

I agree whole heartedly. Everyone should investigate any company they do business with, whether it is us (GroupWise) or any others. There are people out there that do have no cares about taking someone’s money. It is sad that there is so much greed. When I was doubling as a transfer agent, I worked with clients who had been scammed out of thousands, It is hard for a good company to overcome. Everyone have a great Christmas ...

Ira W.
Dec 23, 2012

Just to end this string, this week I received from Groupwise and from the St Georges Club, the executed documents evidencing the transfer of my ownership and the relief from future obligation. Happy to share a scanned copy with any skeptics. The business is legit, as I have been saying for some time. Merry Christmas to all!

Roy V.
Dec 23, 2012

iraw14 wrote:
Everyone is allowed their opinion and I respect that. I just know what's true. I spent 2 months earlier this year gathering testimonials from past clients who have went through the entire process. They received their documents proving that their name is no longer on the deeds, and that they are very satisfied with the service. Every client gets proof that their name is off of the deed. Both from their county court house and the resort, as well.

Just where did you get the contact info for past clients? This definitely proves that you're a shill for that company .... legitimate companies don't give out private contact info.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.