General Discussion

Groupwise inc, anyone here heard of them ?

Sep 09, 2018

Groupwise Inc is your nightmare. Please do not believe them. Please take my advice....Best bet is go through an attorney to negotiate and get rid of your timeshares

Dung B.
Sep 10, 2018

dungb wrote:
Please take my advice....Best bet is go through an attorney to negotiate and get rid of your timeshares

Actually, one does not have to go through the expense of hiring "an attorney to negotiate and get rid of your timeshares". One can do that oneself.

Lance C.
Sep 14, 2018

Don't deal with Groupwise unless you want to lose more money. Their trying to screw me over too.

Resort Rentals International
Sep 29, 2018

I purchased a timeshare from them in January '18. Still have not got any completion. I went by the property, they have no records of me. Now GW website goes to a grey screen with their logo and a message that says the market conditions have them regrouping. Emails I send get a robot return with the same message. I guess that's better than the no response I've been getting for 9 months....

John W.
Oct 14, 2018

My husband and I were both scammed in Jan, 2018. We paid them $3950.00 to get rid of our time share for us. Had papers notarized and mailed them off. In April I spoke to "Danielle" at 724 981 6120 in Pa. and was told it could take 6 months to find a buyer and we would hear something soon. I started leaving messages June 5th and left several to never have them returned. Now both their toll free and landlines are disconnected and the emails I send to Tammie at Groupwise are returned undeliverable. It is just a A SCAM!! Now I have to check what recourse I have , if any.

Darnell L.
Oct 16, 2018

I'd recommend to see if they recorded your deed online. Finding your deed depends on the location of the resort. I don't know the laws of every state but most states have online public records. You can search online for the name of the county where the resort is located and the term "deed search". Make sure you only use websites that are the official website of the county. Then you can search for deeds by name. For example, for the counties in Florida, they have webpages for "Official Records" and that is where the deeds are located. If the deed was recorded, then your best bet is to contact the resort and ask if there are any fees due on the timeshare account. If not, then send them the deed and pay the transfer fee and be done.

If the deed has not yet been recorded, contact your credit card company by phone and file a chargeback.

Also, I had inquired with the office manager of Groupwise and she confirmed that the business has shut down. You can also send a complaint with the BBB and they will probably contact the company's owner.

Oct 25, 2018

Could you please post the number of the office manager which would greatly be of help to try to get some answers

Audra N.
Dec 07, 2018

YES!! Do not give them any $$!!! They scammed me for 4000$ I walked away fat dumb & happy, thinking I was out of my timeshare horror only to discover that it goes on!!..... I’ve no recourse for getting my money back because it’s been over 60 days B of A .... bs!! So if anyone has a current address # or telephone numbers I would like have it Bill Harper is the guy who led me down the primrose path....

Linda S.

Last edited by phyl21 on Dec 07, 2018 03:15 PM

Dec 07, 2018

How can one get rid of theirs??

Linda S.
Dec 07, 2018

I don't know how you'd be able to get your money back. According to BBB, "you might contact a legal advisor or file your complaint with the Pennsylvania Attorney General at https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/submit-a-complaint/". If they have done anything illegal, someone should be held accountable in court.

Also to get rid of your timeshares, if I were you, I would post them for $1 on the following websites... tug2.com redweek.com myresortnetwork.com

Dec 08, 2018

I still cannot get an answer or telephone number for these people, for myself it was allison clapper who supposedly sold the timeshare im scammed out of 1200.00 canadian dollars i tried bbb and got no where with them but as time goes on more and more people are still getting scammed. All phone numbers are dicsconnected so how are they still scammimg. If no ond knows where they are!

Audra N.
Dec 08, 2018

They are probably doing business under another name now . That's how they work their scam . They go in and out of business using different names .

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.