Nov 10, 2011

angelan72 wrote:
Hi,

I am very new to this. We own two properties in Las Vegas with HGVC. We have 4,500 rescue points that have to be used by the end of this year. These points can only be booked at a HGVC or an RCI property. Any suggestions on how I can rent these points so it is not a total loss? Any advice is appreciated.

It's probably too late to rent your points since they have to be used by the end of the year, but it's Vegas so you may have some luck. Many people spend Christmas and New Year's in Vegas.

R P.
May 19, 2012

How can I be sure I am dealing with a honest person and not a scam when renting thru Redweek?

Lynette G.
May 20, 2012

lynetteg17 wrote:
How can I be sure I am dealing with a honest person and not a scam when renting thru Redweek?

You need to make sure that a rental agreement is in place signed by both you and the owner .... you can 'search forums' for samples of rental agreements.

R P.
May 20, 2012

Excellent experience renting through Redweek! We did it all via email and phone. I have a floating all-season unit. So once I received the request, I checked with the resort to see if the desired week was open. When we agreed on a the rent, I made the reservation and requested a guest reservation form. I sent a copy of the confirmation to the renter, who then sent me half the rent via Paypal. We agreed on the final payment date. Once I had the full contact information for the renter, I completed the guest reservation form and faxed it to the resort. When they confirmed the reservation in the guest's name, I emailed it to them. The balance was again paid on the agreed date through Paypal. One note : Be sure to make an agreement about cancellation. If you are going to issue any kind of refund, you will want to make the payment due date early enough so that in the event of such cancellation, you will be able to get back your full week (or points) in accord with the Resort's cancellation policy.

Annette R.
Aug 03, 2012

Also when renting out your unit, make sure the checque has the renters name on it. Ask that the checque or money order etc has the renters name on it somewhere. That way if it is a third party you will know. Also the reservation has to be in the renters name. Quite often companies will call you and say \i have a renter that they can not supply a property from there inventory and the customer wants to rent at your resort. They will try to get it from you for cheap and upsell it to the customer. That you want to avoid. It only took a couple of trys from one company and they backed off since I was not going to rent it for less than what I listed it for. Besides the resort has to have the renters name on the reservation.

Carol S.
Aug 19, 2012

Has anyone ever had any rental experience experience with StayPC.com from a person named Paul Goldman? They contacted me through my posting on Redweek. Thanks ED

Everette D.
Aug 20, 2012

everetted wrote:
Has anyone ever had any rental experience experience with StayPC.com from a person named Paul Goldman? They contacted me through my posting on Redweek. Thanks ED

I've never heard of this company so I don't know if this company is legit or not, however I noticed that the website is copyrighted in 2012, so they must be new. What do they propose to do for you?

R P.
Aug 20, 2012

They say that they have a renter for my unit and will pay by Paypal, wire transfer or cashiers check using their contract or mine. I sent them a Redweek contract which they have signed and I'm now waiting for my check due in a couple of days. As far as I could determine, they are legitimate but will soon find out for sure.

Everette D.
Aug 21, 2012

everetted wrote:
They say that they have a renter for my unit and will pay by Paypal, wire transfer or cashiers check using their contract or mine. I sent them a Redweek contract which they have signed and I'm now waiting for my check due in a couple of days. As far as I could determine, they are legitimate but will soon find out for sure.

Please keep us posted.

R P.
Aug 24, 2012

Have you heard about SellMyTimeshareNow? This broker services is renting my timeshare. Do you have any business dealing with this broker? Thanks ceferinoa

Ceferino J.
Aug 25, 2012

ceferinoa wrote:
Have you heard about SellMyTimeshareNow? This broker services is renting my timeshare. Do you have any business dealing with this broker? Thanks ceferinoa

Don't hold your breath waiting for your timeshare to be rented by SMTN ..... how much did you have to pay them to list your rental? They are an upfront fee resale company and I wouldn't trust any upfront fee company to do anything for me.

R P.
Nov 19, 2012

how did the Stay PC offer work out? I am in the same situation with them--it seems legit, but wondered if anyone had an experience with them. Rob

Rob A.
Nov 19, 2012

everetted wrote:

Since the above person never returned to post their experience with StayPC .... we (regular posters on Redweek's forums .... don't know about Redweek itself) cannot recommend them, however it looks like StayPC is using Redweek as a middle man .... whether this is legit or not, I don't know.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Nov 19, 2012 08:25 AM

Nov 19, 2012

Wher can I find a rental agreement form? You used to have then on your site but now I can't find them. Thanks, Sandra riker80503@aol.com

Sandra M.
Nov 19, 2012

did your experience with them work ok? I am about to rent them my place for their client.

Rob A.
Nov 19, 2012

Hi Sandra,

You will find the timeshare rental agreement at the following link: http://www.redweek.com/resources/rental_process/rw_sample_rental_agreement.pdf

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Nov 20, 2012

Yes, it worked out fine.

Everette D.
Dec 13, 2012

I just posted my rental on redweek. IF someone wants to rent my unit how much should I request for a deposit and when should the rent make final payment.

Helen B.
Dec 14, 2012

helenb109 wrote:
I just posted my rental on redweek. IF someone wants to rent my unit how much should I request for a deposit and when should the rent make final payment.

You'll need a rental agreement .... you can 'search forums' for sample rental agreements ..... it's up to you how much of a deposit you request and when final payment is to be received.

R P.
Dec 14, 2012

You can go to the following Resources page for RedWeek's recommendations on the rental process; http://www.redweek.com/resources/rental_process/owner

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.