Point Systems

Anyone heard of Point Potential, a Wyndham timeshare ownership management company?

Aug 22, 2011

So Ken...again, your facts are wrong. We have clients who have not purchased any points from us. There is no requirement to buy points. However, we would like for our clients to have enough points to do rental while continuing to vacation the same way they have been. If they use all of their points every year, then how could we use points that they are using for rental? If they don't use their points every year, rarely do they have enough points left over to convert to rental to cover the maintenance fees. They may or may not need more points, . They could pay approximately 200 per thousand from the big guys or they could pay about 90% less through us. The choice is theirs.

Again, you are the one misleading people. Why don't you direct people to the location where you found this "prospective customer" and this supposed quote from him. Be fair, be factual, and try not to mislead. I understand you would like to "win" this conversation but it is not going to happen.

Do you find it at all surprising that the only negative thing about us was written by a former disgruntled employee and now you? If we were taking advantage of people and not doing what we say we do, one would think there would be much more bad press. Maybe you could enlighten us.

Also, if you take a look around in all of the timeshare forums, you will see where I have answered many questions and helped many people out without a mention of the company I work for. Does that tell you something?

Ever thought of truly being fair or is your ego to fragile to let you rethink your position? Maybe you just enjoy conflict and being abusive?

John E.
Aug 22, 2011

johne499 wrote:
We have clients who have not purchased any points from us. There is no requirement to buy points.

Just for the record, the assertion of a requirement to purchase points was NOT mine. It was actually made by a poster above (...someone I do not know) who reported having PERSONALLY ATTENDED a Point Potential presentation.

You can be as abusive, defensive and as hostile as you wish; I couldn't care less and I certainly won't stoop to your level. You clearly have a direct, personal financial interest in advertising (for free) your commercial operation here, as well as painting it in the most favorable light possible. I understand and accept that, but it certainly doesn't mean that I'm buying into any of your self-serving "razzamatazz".

My own advice to Wyndham Points owners is to either "credit pool" their points to use them later (something which must be done BEFORE the "use year" even begins) or instead use the Points to reserve a good week and then rent out that week (with no need for any third party involvement to do so). As stated already, intelligent people will read up and decide on their own whether they need to (...or want to) pay their hard earned money to an obscure third party entity in order to best utilize what they actually already own. That's THEIR choice and THEIR decision.

KC
Aug 22, 2011

ken1193 wrote:
johne499 wrote:
We have clients who have not purchased any points from us. There is no requirement to buy points.

Just for the record, the assertion of a requirement to purchase points was NOT mine. It was actually made by a poster above (...someone I do not know) who reported having PERSONALLY ATTENDED a Point Potential presentation.

You can be as defensive and as hostile as you wish; I couldn't care less and I certainly won't stoop to your level. You clearly have a direct, personal financial interest in advertising (for free) your commercial operation here, as well as painting it in the most favorable light possible. I understand and accept that, but I'm still not buying into any of your self-serving "razzamatazz".

My own advice to Wyndham Points owners is to either "credit pool" their points to use them later (something which must be done BEFORE the "use year" even begins) or instead use the Points to reserve a good week and then rent out that week, with NO need to involve (OR to pay) any third party.

As stated already, intelligent people will read and decide on their own whether they need to (...or want to) pay their hard earned money to an obscure third party entity to best utilize that which they already own. That's THEIR choice and THEIR decision.

KC
Aug 22, 2011

johne499 wrote:
If they don't use their points every year, rarely do they have enough points left over to convert to rental to cover the maintenance fees. They may or may not need more points, . They could pay approximately 200 per thousand from the big guys or they could pay about 90% less through us.

For your information, ANY Wyndham owner can ALWAYS just easily obtain additional points directly from Wyndham in order to gain enough points to complete a reservation, for a mere FRACTION of the grossly inaccurate figure you cite. I have done so myself (twice) since Wyndham first prohibited the transfer of points among Wyndham owners back in March, 2009 (before I gave away my entire Wyndham ownership earlier this year).

I don't know where your incorrect "$200 per thousand" figure originates, but it is grossly inaccurate and certainly not based in either fact OR reality.

You seem to be digging yourself a deeper and deeper "credibility hole" here with each subsequent absurd statement you make. By all means, please go right ahead --- just keep on digging!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 23, 2011 09:28 AM

Aug 22, 2011

CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus and VIP Members can Pool their points prior to the start of their Use Year.

VIP Gold Members can Pool their points up to 6 months into their Use Year.

VIP Platinum Members can Pool their points up to 9 months into their Use Year.

So Ken u give away your Wyndham points.. so why do u still think that u know everything or even care? .

Doug W.

Last edited by dougw113 on Aug 22, 2011 07:42 PM

Aug 22, 2011

can u give me more info on this

how much are u paying per $1000?

reg points cancelled points? guest cert.?

thanks

Doug W.
Aug 23, 2011

dougw113 wrote:
... So Ken u give away your Wyndham points... so why do u still think that u know everything or even care?
I gave away a fixed winter week at a Wyndham resort in FL just a very few months ago, having used it for a number of years. It was an ownership which the previous owner had also previously converted to Wyndham points, thereby becoming able to use either the underlying deeded fixed week OR the associated 182k points. I used it BOTH ways during the course of my ownership. After some years, I no longer wanted to keep that particular ownership (one for which I had paid almost nothing in the first place in the resale market).

I certainly DON'T claim to know everything; I never have and I never would. I do have some years of direct personal experience with Wyndham ownership and use, however. "Why do I even care?" you ask. I don't, quite frankly, except to say that I really hate to see uninformed people throw away hard earned money to ANY of the (...entirely too many) third party entities circling around the periphery of the timeshare industry like hungry jackals, particularly when those owners could manage their ownerships much more effectively WITHOUT paying ANY money to ANY such third party parasites. In your case, since you previously asked (in an earlier post on 8/19) about the likelihood of getting a refund, I assume that you may have ALREADY paid out some money. If so, then it's apparently a bit too late to help YOU. Others, however, MIGHT just benefit from the objective input of a person who is NOT actually seeking to take their money. Readers here can always choose to just ignore any and all posted input, whether it's my input or that of any and all others.

People, it's your choice and your decision. Do whatever you want, but please don't come back here later claiming "I'm a victim" if and when you ultimately discover that the only actual net results of substance you have experienced is less money in your pocket or checkbook. Remember: THERE ARE NO VICTIMS, ONLY VOLUNTEERS!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 23, 2011 09:44 AM

Aug 23, 2011

No requirement to buy points? Since when, yesterday? This is a lie. In addition to my own experience, I have spoken with a number of other Wyndham owners that had also attended the Point Potential presentation. They too had a similar experience of having to buy points to do rental. No matter how many points they had, they had to buy more. I have their contact information and they can substantiate what I’m asserting here.

Why did we have to endure their two-hour presentation anyway? If Point Potential is genuinely interested in doing rental for people, then let your potential customer’s tell you how many points they want to rent out and tell them how to go about converting them into rental income. Simple-enough. Instead, Point Potential puts you through a two-hour pitch on how wonderful it is to spend points on things like air-line tickets and cruises. The presentation is geared to sell points. Going into the presentation we were looking for a way to convert 225,000 points we weren’t going to be using into rental income. Instead, after their presentation we were told we needed to buy 400,000+ new points to get into the rental program.

Wyndham owners are adults and can add and subtract. They don’t need you to tell them how many points they need for vacationing and car rentals and then how many they need to buy in order to do rental.

The fact the company has computers, offices and people working for them, means nothing. Bernie Madoff had computers, offices and people working for him too. He was able to operate his scam for almost a decade undetected without any complaints. Virtually, all the people working in this scam believed they were doing a good thing for their clients. For the record, I am not a disgruntled employee, but a very disappointed potential customer. And there are others, they may not be as vocal, since they have not lost any money by doing the smart thing and saying no to this.

People can evaluate the Point Potential rental program for themselves and make up their own minds. I’m sharing my experiences and observations.

Rob W.

Last edited by robw116 on Aug 23, 2011 05:18 AM

Aug 23, 2011

Again, Ken you are misrepresenting what I am saying here or you really are not as bright as I thought you were. Wyndham charges 8.00 per thousand points to complete a reservation, I am talking about the purchase of points not "renting" points from Wyndham.

Does that now solve my so called credibility issue. I am typically a tolerant person, but you just keep saying things that are not only inaccurate but fairly moronic.

John E.
Aug 23, 2011

You are the only one bringing up the company name. I do not need to advertise our business, just defend our integrity against "experts" like you who have no clue as to what they speak about.

John E.
Aug 23, 2011

johne499 wrote:
....defend our integrity against "experts" like you who have no clue as to what they speak about.
I do not claim to be an "expert". I claim only to have had a fair number of years of direct, first hand, personal experience with Wyndham ownership and all of its' usage details including, on occasion, the temporary acquistion of additional points from Wyndham when necessary to complete reservations (...WITHOUT any third party parasites like you involved or necessary, I might add). I'd further note (again) that I never once ever heard ANY mention of your company during ANY of my years of Wyndham ownership, so I am inclined to believe that your... "operation" is likely very, very new.

I note with great interest and curiousity (and a bit of amusement as well) that you conveniently do not choose to even acknowledge or address the input of someone else here who has openly reported on having personally attended (and describes in some detail) one of your company "presentations" --- an experience which I have never personally had the "pleasure" (or interest) to endure. Maybe it's simply easier for you to deflect attention away from your (already questionable) veracity being so openly challenged on substantive "presentation" issues, by just launching an ad hominem attack on someone else instead. That's your prerogative of course, but it's certainly not helping to strengthen your credibility or your indignant (but otherwise quite unconvincing) claims of "company integrity".

My advice to any and all readers here was, is, and will always be: Do your own homework. Perform your own due diligence. Learn and understand ALL the facts and ALL of the costs involved before EVER handing over ANY money to ANY third party parasite. In my opinion (and in my own direct, personal, first hand experience), you DON'T need ANY parasitic "third party" involvement (or their cost) in order to effectively manage your timeshare ownership. If you choose to decide otherwise, as is your right and your prerogative, then by all means go right ahead and pull out your checkbook --- Mr. Ellis and /or many others like him will always be around to oblige and "help" you...

=====================================

To read another "Point Potential" discussion on a different site:

P.S. I have just now (Thursday, 08/25/11) stumbled upon another separate discussion about Point Potential on another timeshare site. The discusssion / thread (located on Timeshareforums.com) apparently started out (in mid-June, 2011) as one inquiry about the company, but soon became an exchange of lengthy "banter" between two people who claim to be (one current, one former) Point Potential employees. The thread was "locked" on July 07, 2011 by a moderator (meaning that no further "contributions" were or will be allowed to that thread), but it is still (...and will always remain) available for anyone to view. I didn't read through the lengthy "banter" posts over there, having NO further interest whatsoever in this particular topic.

If readers are (...unlike me) interested in reading through the lengthy Point Potential employee "banter thread" over on the other timeshare discussion site, simply use Google (or any other search engine) and enter the company name (Point Potential). You will then see reference to a thread on timeshareforums.com, entitled "Point Potential --- another scam or legit ?". I don't know (...or at all care) if that other referenced discussion thread is even worth bothering to read.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 25, 2011 02:39 PM

Sep 26, 2011

Hello

My parents have been Wyndham owners for several years. They were approached by Point Potential, intrigued by the promise of eliminating their maintenance fees, they agreed to their online demo. My parents are not business people and asked me for my help in checking out their program. They have 500,000 to 600,000 points they don’t use and would have been able to use for the rental program. Despite these extra points, Point Potential wanted them to spend $6000 and buy more points in order to get into their rental program.

My parents received the contract for the Point Potential rental program. The disturbing thing in their contract there was NO written commitment to do rental. There was no mention of how much rental they will do and for how much money. So, my parents would be investing money to buy more points and they’d be at the mercy of Point Potential as to getting any rental done.

My attorney informed me that everything in a real estate transaction needs to be in writing. Verbal assurances, statements or promises are NOT enforceable. The company could discontinue the rental program at any time, and we'd be stuck with extra points that are not needed.

If Point Potential was committed to do rental like they say they are, then they would commit to it in writing and put it in the contract and be specific about how much rental and for how much.

Tim B.

Last edited by timb347 on Sep 26, 2011 07:47 AM

Oct 12, 2011

ken1193 wrote:
dawnb204 wrote:
They promise to show you how to never have to pay maintenence fees again. Is that possible?
In a single word --- NO. It's quite obviously NOT possible.

Also, just as a relevant point of information, there is NO company by this name which manages (or is in ANY other way remotely affiliated with) ANY Wyndham property.

This is obviously just some angle to take your money. Please remember that there are no "victims", only "volunteers". So....DON'T VOLUNTEER!

James H.
Oct 26, 2011

Just so we're all clear:

Ken, you don't own at Wyndham and you suddenly out of nowhere now "couldn't care less what Point Potential does or doesn't do" right? Yet you make comment after nauseating comment that "FOR A FACT" Point Potential is a "SCAM," and "DOES NOT EXIST," etc., etc.???

So...what exactly is your problem or your mission here? I mean, why do you care, how is any of this relevant to you, and WHY -- for heaven's sake -- do you repeatedly speak like an expert and then later contradict yourself, saying you "don't claim to know everything?" It looks to me like you're possibly clueless. You don't appear to know anything at all about this company, what it does, or it's relationship/agreement or lack of one to Wyndham or for that matter Wyndham's policies. You just spout opinion like its fact; something isn't right with you. You're working way too hard to slander this agency when in fact, there aren't that many complaints about them to be found online or anywhere else; considering Wyndham has about 900,000 owners and evidence suggests this firm has been in business close to three years, your position hardly seems logical. Plus, you've made a couple of patently false statements already, at the start of this thread...

James H.

Last edited by jamesb224 on Oct 26, 2011 02:22 AM

Oct 26, 2011

Ken.

Dude. You'll have to excuse me if I don't take your word for it.

You've "done so yourself," huh? TWO times even?! Wow, I'm impressed...

Look, I own a lot of points with four different groups and I still have a deeded red week in Virginia Beach at Gold Key's Turtle Cay resort; I know how timeshare works. RENTING additional points from Wyndham in order to make the reservation you want at the property you want ONE TIME (meaning ONE 1-week stay) is TOTALLY different and has NOTHING to do with buying/owning additional points. I'm gonna look into this Point Potential place. It seems to me you're just some pissed off lonely guy. And let me tell you: You have NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT as far as using points to book and then renting it out yourself goes. Talk about a pain -- NO THANKS! I'd rather have a 3rd party rent it out for me so I don't have to deal with the headaches, the flakes, and finding people who want the whole week or want the three leftover days, etc., etc. Give me a break! Your time must not be very valuable.

If they guarantee they'll cover my maintenance fee, I'm all over it!

However, I am very concerned about the terms not being in writing, as another poster mentioned here previously. I will definitely be scrutinizing their contract and watching out for any tricks like that but I am still looking into this for sure! Sounds like it might work out quite nicely for me. As with anything else in life: People are individuals and no two are exactly the same. We all have different wants and needs, different lifestyles and travel habits. You seem to be forgetting that whilst you sit upon your throne of authority insinuating everyone involved in this discussion is a moron if they have an interest in this company's program, which in all likelihood has been sanctioned by Wyndham. It seems they list client timeshares on Orbitz.com, Travel Zoo, and other websites for the general public to purchase. You see, Ken...I've done my homework, too. And all without making an arrogant douche out of myself! Dig deeper next time before you go on a crusade attacking people who disagree with your one-dimensional view of things.

James H.

Last edited by jamesb224 on Oct 26, 2011 02:42 AM

Nov 16, 2011

I got in touch with Wyndham's legal dept about selling and or sharing personal info. I was told that Wyndham does not sell/share info but our deeds are public record that any one can access.

John P.
Nov 16, 2011

Which obviously includes all our personal info such as telephone number, address, email addresses, etc. Because I know I didn't willfully send these companies a personal letter that said "Hey, I bought a timeshare and I want you all to start calling me constantly!"

Dawn B.
Nov 17, 2011

While Wyndham may not share this personal information with 3rd parties, it is speculated (and at this point, seems very plausible) that employees of the resorts and exchange companies, with access to owners' information, are selling this info on the side.

Lance C.
Jul 25, 2014

Okay now top both sides of this debate. We can argue for hours that timeshares are scams but others will say they love theirs etc. Same goes worth these companies. I will admit there are quote a bit of scams I the world and I find it despicable what they do to a group of people for their own selfish gain. But having said that, there are plenty of reputable companies, as I own one, emerge us we can eliminate maintenance fees but also the headache of having to keep up with the rules that change all the time. We maximize their ownership because we have the inside knowledge to do so. We alleviate what they don't like so they can enjoy what they have. I do this because I saw a huge need and believe it to be the right thing as any decent person. would. Would you change your own oil only having briefly be told how to do it? No so this is the difference. Just make sure you find a reputable company whoops focus is the owners and you will be so glad to have it.

Angela R.
Jul 28, 2014

angelar285 wrote:
as I own one, emerge us we can eliminate maintenance fees...

Yes, an owner can eliminate his maintenance fees. It's called selling his unit or, if really desperate, giving it away. That will eliminate his maintenance fees.

And it's not really that hard. One just has to advertise it on a reputable website like RedWeek, E-Bay, My Resort Network, etc. And just be realistic as to what he can expect to sell it for.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.