The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Mar 18, 2016

After reading these posts, I looked for and found our offering plan. Dated Feb 28, 2003; inside cover page says 45th Ammendment May 14, 2004. Looks like I'm heading to the copier.... Thanks for the info.

Donna G.
Mar 18, 2016

I have to find my Offering Plan and contribute to this effort. I have been paying an exorbitant fee for an overvalued service for way too long.

Ric A.
Mar 18, 2016

I originally bought my TMC in Oct. 2011 and then upgraded to a penthouse Suite on 2012. I was sent the seventy-second amendment of the "big book" (not exactly sure when) but what's interesting is the front cover of the book states "filing date of this restated timeshare offering plan is August 6, 2008. This seventh restated offering plan may not be used after February 5, 2009 unless extended by amendment." Then on page 1 of the offering plan it states the seventy ninth amendment. This plan enters in Bluegreen vacation club. What is this company and how is it related to TMC. Does anyone know?

Becky F
Mar 18, 2016

We will also search for our offering plan, if we even received one in 2000. Will start the search and send it. if it helps all of us owners worth the effort. Thanks for info and your help.

Cookie L.
Mar 18, 2016

On the cover of my 'book', it states TWENTY FIRST AMENDMENT dated May 4th, 2000. Inside on the first page, it is dated Oct.11, 2002. And states THIRTY SECOND AMENDMENT. Seven pages later it is "THIRTY-FIRST AMENDMENT" and dated Sept. 9th, 2002. Our certificate of membership is dated Jan. 26th 2003. According to the document included with the plan I was obliged to pay $588. For the Annual maintenance fee. Currently, the maintenance fee is $2174. For 2017.

Jim M.
Mar 19, 2016

I found the " Big Book ". On the front cover, it is says that it is the 77nd Amendment. The next page says 81st amendment and is dated 9/02-2011.should I forward this on to AG and if so ,how in the world would I do so .Mail the whole thing copy all 1000 plus pages?

William G.
Mar 19, 2016

I HAVE ENJOYED THE COMMENTS AND REPLIES FROM ALL THE OWNERS, AND IT IS FURTHER FRUSTRATING THAT WE ALL HAVE RECEIVED NO COPIES, SOME WITH DIFFERENT AMENDMENT DATES, AND I WONDER IF WE ALL SEND IN COPIES TO THE (AG) IN NEW YORK WILL THEY GET DISGUSTED WITH ALL THAT PAPERWORK DELUGING THEM, OR WILL THEY FEEL THE IMPACT OF HOW DEVIOUS TMC WAS IN NOT PROVIDING ALL THE PAPERWORK TO THEIR OFFICE, AND ONLY PROVIDING CURRENT COPIES. THIS MATTER HAS TO BE PRESENTED SOMEHOW TO THE JUDGE AND FOR AND UNDERSTANDING THAT THERE ARE SO MANY OWNERS WHO STILL HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT IS ACTUALLY GOING ON.

Henry D.
Mar 19, 2016

Your concern is very valid and I also thought about that. Tomorrow I'm sitting down to write my letter to the judge but I'm wondering if I should include my offering plan? Does any one have any advice about the issue of bombarding the judge with too much or should we go ahead and sent it all.

Becky F
Mar 19, 2016

Are you collecting names and addresses of owners?

Robert G.
Mar 20, 2016

We have one choice in the NY AG's investigation of the Manhattan Club to remain invisible, silent and powerless or to assert our one power. Our one power at this point is to write letters and let our voices be heard. Emails and phone calls are not effective. We must write letters! At the court hearing on March 11, 2016 the New York AG's office said "The investigation of the Manhattan Club by the NY AG was only started because of the many complaint letters received from Manhattan Club Owners." The New York AG is not talking to TMC owners, or informing TMC owners of what is going on, the Judge cannot talk to us and we can be assured that the Manhattan Club is lying on us. I quote from the Manhattan Club lawyers "There are only a handful of unhappy Manhattan Club owners." The one power to write of our concerns is our only way to protect our interests. The NY AG is representing THE STATE OF NEW YORK not Manhattan Club Owners. TMC owners should send in letters detailing their receipt of or non-receipt of the Manhattan Club Offering Documents and if at all possible a copy of the Offering Plan they received. The Judge is being given and the NY AG's office is working with only the 89th revision of the Offering document. WE TMC OWNERS, HAVE THE EVIDENCE of the many, many slippery permutations of The Manhattan Club Offering Documents 1 - 88 which the Judge hearing this case and the NY AG does not have. Here is their contact info:

Atty. Serwat Farooq New York Attorney General’s Office Asst. Attorney General 120 Broadway, 23th Floor New York, NY  10271

Honorable Justice Eileen Rakower, Supreme Court of the State of New York  71 Thomas St. Part 15 New York, New York 10013 Regarding case number 451536/2014: Schneiderman vs Eichner:

Irene S.
Mar 20, 2016

(Note: After I posted this, I notice that the message I was responding to has been taken down.)

This sounds like a scam.

If you truly do have a 95% success rate, then you should have no problem with ZERO upfront fee, like every other real estate agent.

Craig R.

Last edited by craigr32 on Mar 20, 2016 08:38 PM

Mar 20, 2016

How about this for a solution: Mail a photocopy of the cover of the offering book & the first page with the date along with your letter stating the date you purchased the timeshare & the date you received the book .Just highlight any dates & amendment nos.. I'm sure it will be interesting to the judge to see the ongoing/varying amendments over the years from the "Handful" of unhappy owners. It might turn out to be more than a "Few".

Gerard S.

Last edited by gerards23 on Mar 20, 2016 11:18 PM

Mar 21, 2016

Gerard, That is a great solution of sending photo copies of the cover , the inside cover, the table of contents and any pages that seem important. The key information to include in your letter along with your documentation is when you received the Offering documents. Ny state law requires you receive the documents at the time of the sale. Did you receive the documents only after you could no longer cancel? Some people never received the Offering documents.

Irene S.
Mar 21, 2016

I sent in our letter with a copy of the fist page and the amended page. Also informed the court I had to call to get the book, and it took 3 months to get it after letters and phone call. I also sent in a copy. I hope this gets resolved soon, as We can't keep paying the yearly rate, it is just way to high.

Gary S.
Mar 22, 2016

Gary, Let the New York AG know you had to call several times and it took three months after repeated calling to get the Offering documents. The Manhattan Club is controlling the AG’S investigation by releasing only information TMC wants to release when TMC wants to release. When TMC owners have key information.

Irene S.
Mar 22, 2016

Irene, I am an owner and inherited 2 properties, one which I gave back and am still waiting for the $100 and final paperwork. This "sale" was put on hold when the AG started the investigation. I keep up with this forum and have participated in sending letters to the AG and Judge Rankower. Since I inherited these timeshares and no longer can ask my deceased Mother or Sister about their offering situation, plus the fact that they upgraded and changed their weeks (they ended up with a one week junior suite and a one week penthouse), would it still be helpful to send a copy of the cover of their offering which I found in a Manhattan Club briefcase along with all their papers? Their offering was a 34th amendment and 5th restated timeshare offering plan. It also says this offering involves a high degree of risk. I see that there were many sticky notes attached to pages in the offering, by my sister, questioning many items. Thank you for all you do and have done.

Dks
Mar 22, 2016

Yes Irene, I received the offering book via Fed-Ex approximately 3 weeks after purchase date, well beyond the 7 day right-to-cancel time limit.

Gerard S.
Mar 23, 2016

Hi Deborah,

Definitely send in that information to the NY AG and the Judge. The Manhattan Club by refusing to supply information requested by the NY AG, taking 8 months to supply partial information and by the refusal of the Eichners and Scott Lager to answer any questions are trying to direct and limit the New York Attorney General's investigation. The NY AG's office said in court on March 11, 2016 this phase of the investigation could be concluded quickly if the Eichners and Scott Lager answered the AG's questions.

Irene S.
Mar 23, 2016

Yes Irean I did let the AG & Judge Know about the calls and how long it took to get the book, also let them know how many times we called and did not get the dates we requested. Thanks for all you have done on this matter. I do hope we all get some Justice out of this.

Gary S.
Mar 24, 2016

When my wife and I purchased a unit on April 20, 2013, we were offered the choice of a hard copy of the offering or an electronic copy on CD-ROM. I took the disc. The label states that it is the Offering Plan with the 83rd amendment.

On the disc are: Part 1, the Offering Plan (100 pages, 8.4 MB); Part 2, Amendment 83 (480 pages, 30.2 MB); Amendment 84 (1.2 MB); and Amendment 85 (253 KB). The total is 40.1 MB. A lot of the pages are blank, though, inserted between sections.

If anyone is interested I can make this available through my Dropbox account.

John E.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.