The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Apr 25, 2016

The question to ask is "how many owners are there"? How do we get in touch with them? So far, the AG is still trying to figure out how many TMC shares are out there. Originally, I was told when TMC has sold all their units, the management of TMC will be given back to the owners. That never happened, because they kept creating new ways to sell their units. I just hope the AG has enough evidence to prove fraud.

Vivien S.
Apr 25, 2016

Hello, I am yet another very upset owner. I have two weeks. We bought one on resale at the very beginning of the existence of the organization. We bought another, week days only, later on. Having a complete list of ALL the owners is critical. Too many people do not know about the difficulties.

Susan H.
Apr 25, 2016

The Manhattan Club has refused to give the list of owners to everyone including the Attorney General's Office. The NY AG's office has been asking for the list of owners for two years. In a 2012 court filing document TMC listed the number of timeshare owners in 2012 as 18,271.

New court case filed against the Manhattan Club alleging fraud.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/ViewDocument?docIndex=k/RUBGqtRPkBQv4gJaZSxg==

Irene Smalls

Irene S.
Apr 26, 2016

Thank you for all your work on this matter, Irene. I wonder if the general thought is that we should ask to join this suit?

irenes93 wrote:
The Manhattan Club has refused to give the list of owners to everyone including the Attorney General's Office. The NY AG's office has been asking for the list of owners for two years. In a 2012 court filing document TMC listed the number of timeshare owners in 2012 as 18,271.

New court case filed against the Manhattan Club alleging fraud.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/ViewDocument?docIndex=k/RUBGqtRPkBQv4gJaZSxg==

Irene Smalls

Fran P.
Apr 26, 2016

*Eichner....spelled his name wrong...didn't have my glasses on!

Debra L.
Apr 28, 2016

I only see this case of yours as stealing money! Its ridiculous how much the membership costs to you guys. Its so out of my head, compared if I booked on my own!

Sari P.
Apr 28, 2016

"stealing money" along with defrauding, lying, misrepresenting, usury, scamming, deceitng..............just name any deceitful way of extracting money from honest timeshare purchasers, and eichner had done it.........and an exclamation mark is required here....................!!!!!

sarip2 wrote:
I only see this case of yours as stealing money! Its ridiculous how much the membership costs to you guys. Its so out of my head, compared if I booked on my own!

Chris V.
Apr 28, 2016

............... we MUST all contact NEW YORK SENATOR CHARLES SCHUMER enumerating ALL of our complaints (already document by the NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, eric schneiderman).

DO IT NOW.

Chris V.
Apr 28, 2016

To Fibon: A quitclaim deed is a document that transfers ownership of real estate from one person to another. Quitclaim deeds often are used when property isn't sold.

Robert R.

Last edited by robertr490 on Apr 28, 2016 09:02 AM

Apr 28, 2016

A quitclaim deed may only work if the timeshare is owned in fee simple. I own two other timeshares that have a recorded deed to a specific unit in a timeshare development, even though I'm not guaranteed occupancy to my specifically deeded unit (only its equivalent). My ownership interest in TMC does not have such a deed, although I'm going to research this further. Maybe I do and don't understand it. I have a parchment-like certificate of ownership. On the back is a pre-printed transfer of ownership statement if I sell or give away my ownership to someone else.

I'm not sure how this type "quitclaim" works unless the receiving party follows up on the transfer of ownership. I think it's like a pinkslip to a car. If the new owner doesn't establish ownership -- like going to DMV and registering the car in their name -- the transfer is incomplete.

Any clarification of this from anyone?!

Jill S.

Last edited by jills465 on Apr 28, 2016 10:39 AM

Apr 28, 2016

Robert, thanks a lot. Would such transfer be available now under AG investigation?

Fibo N.
Apr 29, 2016

This was a really constructive comment. Some aren't. Actually what all timeshare owners need is legislation for the industry. There are many problems out there and we are being bilked in many ways.

I have said many times that not paying maintenance fees is any kind of a solution. It harms those who are paying and if this case isn't resolved as we would like it to be, you may have even more problems!

Laura H.
Apr 29, 2016

I just want to let you know that as a timeshare owner in the Manhattan club we have rights to go to the lounge anytime even if for not staying at The Manhattan Club we all got cards with our pictures on it that give us permission to use that lounge so there's no reason why we cannot all meet their meeting or no meeting who has to know . We are just all gathered there by coinecedence, they cannot do anything about it we can start a conversation and have somebody filming. I think it is best idea yet. Can someone plan this?

Janice F.
Apr 29, 2016

janicef119,

perhaps you think eichner and/or one of his henchpersons isn't looking at this redweek.com forum on a daily basis. if he even thinks we are "coincidentally" meeting in HIS lounge for us to discuss strategies to overcome the wrongs he has heaped upon us (and to get to know one another as shareowners), he'd find a way of preventing such a meeting. on the other hand, it's a great idea if we owners can pull it off. this action needs to be planned strategically in order to get it off the ground. hopefully someone could come forward with creative ideas to plan this meeting, then COUNT ME IN. KEEP IN MIND THAT "STRATEGY" IS THE OPERATIVE WORD. it would be so perfect if we could get this meeting going, especially on eichner's turf.

keep us posted, janice.

chris

Chris V.
Apr 29, 2016

When was the last time you where at the MC? Have you noticed the amount of cameras all over the building, "BIG BROTHER" Eichner IS WATCHING.

David H.
Apr 29, 2016

laurah136,

not paying maintenance fees is practically the only strategy we have to fight eichner; we certainly aren't getting any current advice from the NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY, eric schneiderman, or for that matter from any new york media, consumer groups, senators, mayor, congressmen et al! not paying maintenance fees is the only weapon we have. i doubt that any other of us shareowners who are paying the fees are being hurt at all. paying their fees permits them to use the manhattan club IF THEY CAN GET RESERVATIONS. by not paying, we simply cannot use the accommodations.............AND THAT'S IT. i believe not paying maintenance hurts eichner and cohorts in their pocketbooks. they can't get their greedy share of the maintenance fees as part of their salaries; in addition, they must pay their bills, e.g,, salaries, utilities................so they need to dig in to their other funds to make these payments.

laurah136 wrote:
This was a really constructive comment. Some aren't. Actually what all timeshare owners need is legislation for the industry. There are many problems out there and we are being bilked in many ways.

I have said many times that not paying maintenance fees is any kind of a solution. It harms those who are paying and if this case isn't resolved as we would like it to be, you may have even more problems!

Chris V.
Apr 30, 2016

We have enumerated the problems, now we need to work on solutions. Do we ask for money back from the hIgh fees and some cp on further raises? Do we empower own own owner's Board? DO we write a new reservation policy for owners? Do we issue all corrections that owener's are asking for through a lawsuit and keep track of their implementation. Do we try to get the AG to resolve the issues so the value of the timeshares get better and owner's have a chance to resell at a decent cost. We know the problems. Mobilize to suggest and advocate for solutions.

Stephen H.
Apr 30, 2016

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on May 01, 2016 11:31 AM

Apr 30, 2016

stephenh262 wrote:
We have enumerated the problems, now we need to work on solutions. Do we ask for money back from the hIgh fees and some cp on further raises? Do we empower own own owner's Board? DO we write a new reservation policy for owners? Do we issue all corrections that owener's are asking for through a lawsuit and keep track of their implementation. Do we try to get the AG to resolve the issues so the value of the timeshares get better and owner's have a chance to resell at a decent cost. We know the problems. Mobilize to suggest and advocate for solutions.

stephenh262,

if you have a creative plan to "Mobilize to suggest and advocate for solutions." please share this good idea with us. mobilization is an excellent tactic; the next issues is a "HOW TO MOBILIZE". we need concrete plans: to wit, like the excellent shareowners' meeting held in nyc last august. this was a well-planned meeting and drew many of us owners to attend. BUT WE WERE TALKED "TO" WITH INCONCLUSIVE SOLUTIONS, AND THERE WAS LITTLE IF ANY PROACTIVITY SHOWN BY OWNERS. we need to have an orderly roundtable discussion with a moderator keeping order and presenting our issues and ways to solve them to our satisfaction. an AGENDA would be essential (so we would have to write one) to prevent calling out by anyone, and going off on unnecessary tangents. major complaints, e.g., outrageously high maintenance fees, reservation issues, et al, must be listed and discussed in order, keeping in mind that we're seeking appropriate solutions to each of the listed complaints.

OK, WHO WILL COME UP WITH CREATIVE IDEAS TO GET OWNERS TO COME TOGETHER SIMILAR TO THE THE AUGUST MEETING IN NYC?

Chris V.
May 01, 2016

Alex, I tried to email you. It was not possible. Please let me know your proper address.

Susan H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.