The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

May 23, 2016

Becky: We had the same issue last year. They auto charged our Amex and I protested to Amex, who reversed the charge. TMC did not protest and the charge remains off our card. - Jerry

Gerard M.
May 23, 2016

Did anyone see Eichner on CBS Sunday Morning news program? He was being interviewed about his new high rise building in NYC.

Irene S.
May 23, 2016

Yes, I just watched it and ran upstairs to my computer to post this fact, but you had beat me to it...couldn't believe it.

Dks
May 23, 2016

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

In answer to the question: has anyone renounced or walked away from their timeshare.........I gave back one of my two inherited timeshares to TMC in June of 2014. I no longer pay fees or can use it, but I never got the final paperwork or the $100 they said I would get, because the NYAG investigation put a stop to the TMC executing any sales, while my situation was in progress. I am still waiting and it won't be final until this investigation is over. We are soon going into the 3rd year of this investigation. If you walk away from it, they can still try to come after you for the fees. Once this is all said and done, its anyone's guess what will happen if you haven't or have kept up with your fees.

Dks

Last edited by deborahs528 on May 23, 2016 04:44 PM

May 24, 2016

Hopefully wasn't built out of TMC members' money.

I saw these rip off -systems that way.. I write a lot here in redweek -site nowadays. I hate what this business is about.

And sorry irenes93 wasn't meant to write to you. I just can't believe some trials take five years or more.. Its unbelievable. Lawyers get rich.. Costs so much money.. Sorry irenes.. I'm pissed because rhc makes me so angry.. And because theres no justice.. For me justice means..

irenes93 wrote:
Did anyone see Eichner on CBS Sunday Morning news program? He was being interviewed about his new high rise building in NYC.

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on May 25, 2016 07:35 AM

May 25, 2016

I understand/feel your anger and frustration.

The New York AG vs TMC court date has been postponed from 5/31/16 to 6/14/16.

Irene Smalls

Irene S.
May 25, 2016

I understand yours.

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on May 25, 2016 03:11 PM

May 25, 2016

Hard to believe he is allowed to continue to do business in NYC....I guess someone is getting paid off...

Cookie L.
May 26, 2016

The New York AG vs TMC court hearing postponed from 5/31/16 to 6/14/16 11am.

Manhattan Club Owners are encouraged to write to the Producer of the CBS morning news piece on TMC's Eichner to tell him our stories of the Manhattan Club. Here's the Info:

CBS NEWS SUNDAY MORNING

Ex. Producer: Rand Morrison

cndsunstory@cbsnews.com

Here is CBS NY : "Got a nose for news? E-mail us your newstips! " mailto:desk@cbs2ny.com

The movie on Eichner was filmed by Producer Mark Hudspeth and Editor Remington Kopper.

We might want to comment on producer's twit:

Mark Hudspeth (@mhudspeth1) | Twitter

Irene S.
May 27, 2016

The location of the New York AG vs Manhattan Club June 14, 2016 hearing at 11:00am is Judge Rakower's court room, 71 Thomas Street, Part 15, New York, New York 10013

Irene S.
May 27, 2016

Suggestion: if writing to CBS/60 Minutes, provide links or documents from the court case. Some of the statements that some are making aren't quite correct. Let them do the research from the official documents (or media reports). For example the 14,000 vs 18,000 allegation has not been proven...the AG does not have a full list of owners, and some owners are NOT annual...so the math doesn't hold up (this unprovable (or false) allegation was partial basis for the judge dismissing previous law suit).

Dennis C.
May 27, 2016

We will be in NY on 6/14 and will plan on attending if you think it will help.

Cookie L.
May 27, 2016

The 18,271 TMC owners number was given by the Manhattan Club in a document TMC filed in a 2012 court case. Do not believe the 14,000+ number they give out to make TMC LOOK like less of a scam.

Irene S.
May 27, 2016

in the cbs interview, eichner said almost quoting,..............i sold about 14,000 timeshares in the manhattan club,..........check it out. you must listen to about 4-5 segments to hear him saying this during the so-called interview (in which he did probably 90% of the talking.) i don't recall the cbs interviewer saying any more than a few words, if that.

dennisc283 wrote:
Suggestion: if writing to CBS/60 Minutes, provide links or documents from the court case. Some of the statements that some are making aren't quite correct. Let them do the research from the official documents (or media reports). For example the 14,000 vs 18,000 allegation has not been proven...the AG does not have a full list of owners, and some owners are NOT annual...so the math doesn't hold up (this unprovable (or false) allegation was partial basis for the judge dismissing previous law suit).

Chris V.
May 27, 2016

Irene, understood...but the simple math of 286 units X 52weeks doesn't yield capacity & prove overselling due to the crazy plans bi-tri-quad-annual plans or half-weeks and god knows what else they sold. I'm just saying that writers should be careful about the allegations and details that are still under favt finding & the AG's investigation.--point them to the documents, or quote the language from the case.

Dennis C.
May 28, 2016

Hi Dennis,

Keep in mind that 10% of TMC units were sold outright to Bluegreen Timeshares. TMC owners do not have access to the 28 units owned by BlueGreen. So we are talking about 254 units for 18, 271 owners. I did not make up that number TMC did. I have the citation for the 2012 TMC court document where TMC stated they had 18, 271. I will look for it to post online. You cannot believe anything TMC says.

Irene Smalls

Irene S.
May 28, 2016

I've done the TAX math also. You have to figure into the equation ALL of the common spaces & all of the workers & office spaces too. The real estate tax is figured on total square foot spaces used by TMC in the whole building. Plus, it's category probably isn't the same as plain residential and is likely figured at a higher % value. There is no real way for us to know how they got the exact figures, but if you guess at the entire spaces, it may not be as extreme as it seems to be..........The Maintenance fees are another matter entirely! I'm sure TMC CAN show how this exuberant amount is spent. To my understanding; our so-called, "Not-for-profit time-share", TMC keeps spending many very large chunks of monies in very questionable ways? This includes things updated exercise rooms & underused lounge areas. It is very easy for them to do this, as owners don't have control of the board and thus, no control of optional spending choices, etc. Simultaneously, small (but important to owners), amenities keep downsizing! Example; the room coffee is downgraded and the lounge cookies lessen. ... Meanwhile, ON PAPER, the "Maintenance costs" get justified.

L C.
May 31, 2016

The latest results from the NY AG vs TMC court case from a TMC owner who is also an attorney.

The Court’s decision on the injunction motions. Basically the NYAG wins almost everything—all the injunctions stay in place and Urban is now also enjoined. The only thing the court does for tmc is to say a hearing must be held on the NYAG’s motion for civil contempt as tmc seems to have made some arguments that need a further hearing. Also—the court refused to limit the NYAG’s discovery or allow tmc to complete the sales of units to purchasers , which were halted due to the 2014 order for injunctive relief. Tmc lost almost all of their arguments and the judge is beginning to show that she “gets it”. My bet is tmc takes this decision up on appeal (if it is possible to do so in the middle of the case). Briefs are now filed on the discovery/deposition motions—hearing on 6/14. My guess is that tmc loses on these motions as well.

Irene S.
Jun 01, 2016

I have owne two condos, with title and everything ! going on four years!! And with a year notice !!! never once got to stay in them, plus still have to pay for both of them , to maintain them plus assotiation fees , and gosh way too much every year!!! and why more!! Crazy! JA JA YOU think??? ! IF I DONT PAY ALL THESE FEES. But have never got to use them even one time!!! with a years notice?? But you can go on Expedia.com and rent them?? Crazy!! I totally feel I'm being black mailed!! By these scam people!! But if I do not pay I go into for loser ? Wtf??

(. ? I am damned if I do and damned if I don't!! Just cost me $$10,000 to go there with my fight these idiot, rip off people had to go go to see a new Yodk lawyer, ok Hotel and my flights from Hawaii!!! Where I live :)). Paid $5,000 to start a lawyer, was a very bank breaking thing for me!! Please!! I just hate to have anyone get stuck with these scam people!! I got divorced after 30 year marriage, Its more info than needed!! But trying to be carefull after. But this was the dumbest thing I have ever done!!! And it cost me a lot every year!! Please be care full of them!! Said way too much info!,,! Just be for warned! Hate to see any one else hurt:(((

Debra A.
Jun 01, 2016

For those TMC owners who would like to track the court procedures and schedules there is an easy way to do that. FREE online E-court/eTrack system provides access to all the case documentation and emails the updates on Court schedules. The only requirement is the registration of the applicant where the requestor creates the username, password, hint question, and email address. How to navigate:

1. Launch the E-courts link  https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/webcivil/FCASSearch?param=P   2. Fill out the code provided on that page, then check "I agree" box 3. On the next page click eTrack link on the left side of the menu 4. Sign up for an eTrack account/ Register 5. On the next page Read registration information, click "Register" 6. Fill out your information -        -First/Last names        -Create a user ID        -Enter your email address Click button 'Submit" 7. eTrack Account has been created, confirm and complete registration via your email 8. In your email received from eTrack "Click here" link 9. "Click here" link redirects to eTrack Account Completion Form where you create password and select a question/answer. Submit the Form 10. Login into eTrack 11. Select "Add an existing Civil Supreme Court case" under Civil Supreme Court case 12. Select 'Index Search" on the WebCivil Supreme page, fill out the provided coding if requested 13. Enter Index Number 451536-2014  , click "Find Case" 14. Case Results page displayed. From here you can click highlighted tabs and get access to the filed docs (under Index Number),  Appearance Date, and Filed Motions (under M).

The applicant might choose a different navigation from the original screen but it could take more time for the screens' process. After registration completion the applicant will start to receiving the Court updates on the chosen case. Its obvious that when more applicants request the case information, eTrack statistics would identify a public interest to the case.

Irene S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.