Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Feb 09, 2017

Excellent letter.

Robert R.
Feb 09, 2017

Excellent letter. Thank you!

Fibo N.
Feb 09, 2017

Initially, the court restrained TMC and the Eichners from paying their legal fees out of TMC owner money. However, the court did not restrain Urban (the TMC Management Co ) from paying TMC's and Eichners' legal fees. In 2016 the AG also won a motion to restrain Urban from paying TMC's and Eichners" legal fees out of TMC owner money. The motion of the defendants to be heard on March 31, 2017 is seeking to dissolve the restraining orders so that TMC,Eichners and Urban (the TMC Management co) can pay their legal fees from TMC revenues/maintenance fees.

Irene S.
Feb 09, 2017

TMC owners of the yahoogroup are preparing the list of the owners who Want out from the TMC ownership to send to the list to the AG. The list is getting really big. If someone wants to get on the list email your name(s) and email address directly to franciemann@gmail.com. Put "I Want Out" in the subject line.

Fibo N.
Feb 10, 2017

I WANT TO GET OUT OF THIS CONTRACT BUT I WANT MY EQUITY FROM THE TIME SHARE AND THE HORRENDOUS DUES WE HAVE PAID. SANDRA SCHWEFEL MASSIE AND D

fibon wrote:
TMC owners of the yahoogroup are preparing the list of the owners who Want out from the TMC ownership to send to the list to the AG. The list is getting really big. If someone wants to get on the list email your name(s) and email address directly to franciemann@gmail.com. Put "I Want Out" in the subject line.

Sandra S.
Feb 10, 2017

I would like to get out only if I can recoop my intial investment

Kenny P.
Feb 11, 2017

Yes, I have a list going of people who have expressed that they want to get out of their Manhattan Club Contracts. I want to stress that this list is only that, a list gathered by another unhappy owner. My I Want Out List is names and email addresses, 160 at the moment, and I have a file where I am keeping the emails themselves in case some of the comments would ever be useful. I am NOT putting it on the list what terms of contract surrender you would expect, i.e. whether people would give it back, want to be fully bought out, etc. etc. I will mail this list to the New York Justice involved in the Schneiderman vs Eichner and the Attorney General on Monday, and keep it should it ever be useful again.

If you wish to be on the list, email me directly so I can copy your email. Put I WANT OUT in the subject. franciemann@gmail.com It's been interesting...emails from all over. Francie

Francia M.
Feb 11, 2017

Only because the annual fees have increased to the point that ownership has become untenable.

Betty Lee Ronayne

Betty L.
Feb 12, 2017

Thanks I've already sent you an email entitled "I want out". I surely hope this approach works in such an awful situation! People Power!!!

Marion A.
Feb 13, 2017

Add my name please Debbie Bowen-Spinelli....I Want Out.....Your email address not working

Debbie B.
Feb 13, 2017

Hello!

I have sent an email expressing my desire to get out of my timeshare. I would be willing to forego any re-payment at all, or to accept a partial payment just to get out of owning the thing!

Thank you for your efforts - want to be sure I am included.

Susan L

Susan L.
Feb 13, 2017

If you haven't already sent your list to the judge and/or Atty. Gen., please add our name to the list. We are Tom and Linda White and have been owners since 2004. The MF increases have been the highest of any of our timeshares! Ridiculous!!!!! Thanks for trying to help get this problem resolved. 😇

Thomas W.
Feb 13, 2017

If it's not too late, we'd like to be included. We have been owners since 2000, paid the fees and still are for one week each year; we can no longer pay these outrageous fees and feel we were deceived by the Sponsor and his deceit has been documented by the New York Attorney General. We would be happy to have an end to the delay and be released from ownership, with recompense if possible. Linda and Alain Golay

Linda J.
Feb 13, 2017

Please add my name to the list: Ellen Bronson Young. Thank you!! Ellen

Ellen Y.
Feb 13, 2017

From reading some of the most recent posts, I can see that there are some newcomers to the various "Manhattan Club" complaint sites who haven’t had a chance to dig into the history of The Manhattan Club (TMC) fraud. Frustrated over our inability to ever get a room at our timeshare, I started googling a couple of years ago to see if there were other owners as frustrated as I was. I really got an education when I found the RedWeek.com site, and reviewed all the pages of postings on their “Manhattan Club Lawsuit” link. There are literally thousands of owners who feel as cheated as I do, who have posted complaints. I've been following the RedWeek site since then, and the majority of owners have the same complaint; for years, despite paying our fees, we have been routinely cheated out of the use of our timeshare while the Eichner family and a small circle of TMC insiders have enriched themselves at our expense. The icing on the cake for me and my wife, and what finally convinced us to stop paying TMC, was when we read the NY Attorney General's July, 2015 court filing, which itemizes a remarkable list of allegations of civil and criminal conduct on the part of The Manhattan Club. This includes the charge that for years, Eichner has been personally skimming 4-6 million dollars a year from TMC through a shell management company that had no employees and provided no services to the operation of the timeshare property. In reading through the filing, I got sick as I learned how badly we have been cheated and how unscrupulous and devious the principals at TMC were as they perpetrated their fraud against us, in our case, for over 10 years. They denied us the rooms we were entitled to while renting those same rooms to the general public via the Internet. The enormity of the fraud and the magnitude of the numbers is staggering... at least 14,000 owners, 250 rooms, 52 weeks a year ( in some cases they actually sold more than 52 weeks a year per unit!) at $2500-$4000 annual maintenance payments each. If you haven't already read this court filing, it is a MUST read for any Manhattan Club owner. Here is the link to that 2015 AG court filing: You may have to paste it into your browser. You’ll be astounded at the mountain of evidence the AG has collected during his investigation of TMC. Reading it convinced us we had been defrauded, our contract broken, and would no longer honor it ourselves.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbem/DocumentDisplayServlet?documentId=arMAhc2Z8epneiTXUbb_PLUS_yQ==&system=prod

By simply withholding the last two years' maintenance payments for 2 units, I'm nearly $10,000 ahead. Knowing what we now know, I'm amazed that anyone would voluntarily continue to send these crooks money. I encourage all owners to revoke your credit card authorization, stop sending checks, stop funding the effort of the very people who are screwing us.

Bob Biello

Robert B.
Feb 14, 2017

We are owners at TMC since 2005. We have all the issues people have written about. We "upgraded" to RCI points for several more thousand and still have difficulty getting an apt. We do book a year in advance to get our 1 weekend a year. Our fees have gone from $900 to $2600. We wanted to sell years ago and couldn't. We originally bought a "Golden Split" 4 nights in an even year, 3 in an odd year.

It's a great place IF you can get in.

Recently I had a friend meeting me in the city for a weekend and I called TMC reservations and was told they were fully booked. I then went on Hotels.com to find a hotel.... low and behold.... I was able to book a "room" at TMC that turned out to be a unit identical to what I own for $300. A night!

So owners can't book but they can get an apartment cheaper thru hotels.com!

Patti Malone

Patti M.
Feb 14, 2017

I WANT OUT!! I, too, had trouble sending an email to that address. Thank you, Donna K Caldeira

Donna K.
Feb 14, 2017

..............this reservation DISASTER has existed for years.............it's part of the lies, shams, fraudulent misrepresentations and cheating that TMC IS FAMOUS FOR. keep in touch.

chris

pattim177 wrote:
We are owners at TMC since 2005. We have all the issues people have written about. We "upgraded" to RCI points for several more thousand and still have difficulty getting an apt. We do book a year in advance to get our 1 weekend a year. Our fees have gone from $900 to $2600. We wanted to sell years ago and couldn't. We originally bought a "Golden Split" 4 nights in an even year, 3 in an odd year.

It's a great place IF you can get in.

Recently I had a friend meeting me in the city for a weekend and I called TMC reservations and was told they were fully booked. I then went on Hotels.com to find a hotel.... low and behold.... I was able to book a "room" at TMC that turned out to be a unit identical to what I own for $300. A night!

So owners can't book but they can get an apartment cheaper thru hotels.com!

Patti Malone

Chris V.
Feb 14, 2017

So what happens if you stop paying annual fees? Doesn't this hurt your credit rating? Patti

Patti M.
Feb 15, 2017

Patti,

TMC is precluded by court order from taking collection or foreclosure action against owners for non-payment. I haven't heard of anyone's credit getting hit for non-payment of maintenance. Defaulting on a timeshare loan is a different story. We have a mortgage on one of our units, and when we stopped paying that TMC submitted a negative credit report against us. However, I was successful in getting the negative item removed when I proved to the credit agencies that TMC was a fraudulent operation that was itself under criminal investigation by the NY attorney general.

Bob Biello

Robert B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.